Lydia Millen #61 It's Range Rovers and Birkins for me, and donated carpets for mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers are so infuriating! I was actually going to send Lydia a polite message regarding that post she reshared about criticism and influencers instagrams, but I can’t because she’s disabled messages, so I’m going to get what I had to say off my chest here!

Lydia, your Instagram acts as a business, my living room does not. LEM Online LTD is a company, my kitchen is not. Whilst I agree that criticism to you regarding your physical appearance should be off limits, and maybe even if someone just simply doesn’t like your outfits then fair enough it’s not for them. I don’t like topshop, and so I don’t shop there.
However, when you didn’t like how the wardrobe company did your wardrobe, and you didn’t like their work ethic, you criticised them. When you didn’t like how the contractors left your garden all messy, you criticised them (to your large audience might I add). When I order something online and it isn’t what I thought it would be, I leave a critical review. When Boohoo were caught using sweatshops to make their cheap clothes, people rightly criticised them, they did not simply say ‘ah, sweatshops.. yeah that’s not really for me, but hey maybe it’s for other people, it’s just not my thing.. nothing against Boohoo, just not my cup of tea’.. they rightly, criticised them.
When H&M had photos of the little black boy wearing a ‘cheeky monkey’ t-shirt, their customers criticised them, they did not say ‘ooo racisms not really for me, but hey who am I to judge, maybe other people enjoy it’. I could name 100 other company scandals, small and large, but you get the jist.
If people do not criticise, then nothing in the world changes. If people did not criticise boohoo (who you work for by the way Lydia) then they would just keep on using sweatshops, paying their workers pittance, abusing their people.
Lydia, you preach positivity and mindset, take criticism as an opportunity to improve. When I have my yearly review at work, I get criticised, criticism is part of LIFE. Sometimes my boss says things that I do not agree with, but I take it on board anyway.
and lastly, influencers are constantly trying to tell the world that what they do, is a real job. If you want to be taken seriously as a ‘real business’ or a ‘real job’, then you are going to have to take the criticism. It cannot be had both ways. No company, business owner, or employee is above criticism.
What we really need on Tattle is an applause reaction 👏 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is seriously the worst at creating hype (Not that anyone would be hyped for a KM edit). Why post the launch on IG instead of showing all the pieces and some fun behind the scenes in a proper launch video the Monday before? Try and make people excited for this, make them wait a day or two before the launch but no... it will be on IG and in the middle of a stupid vlog no one cares about. How is she even relevant anymore?! How? How is Carrie not advising her better?
Because carries is as dumb as lidl. Things have just been going down hill ever since carry the bag started!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Possibly even more #slappable
🤡🤡🤡

View attachment 416675

Where did her EYES disappear to ???? #NOfilter
Anyone else think she's thinking of us Tattlers when she does these witch sneers?

Breaking the lockdown rules are you Ali? If you're not being a selfish twunt and risking lives, please explain your fresh haircut 🤔

Screenshot_20210203_184053.jpg

Screenshot_20210203_184110.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
She is seriously the worst at creating hype (Not that anyone would be hyped for a KM edit). Why post the launch on IG instead of showing all the pieces and some fun behind the scenes in a proper launch video the Monday before? Try and make people excited for this, make them wait a day or two before the launch but no... it will be on IG and in the middle of a stupid vlog no one cares about. How is she even relevant anymore?! How? How is Carrie not advising her better?
I don't think anyone is allowed to 'advise' her, not even Carrie. They carry out her commands, no flexibility at all. Advising is too close to criticising I reckon 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I was reading the sustainability spiel, on the KM website...
I’m sure I read somewhere that a product doesn’t have to be technically made in Britain for it to have the ‘made in Britain’ label? Something about it just needs to be finished in Britain..!? So the below is just bs.

Also, they’re opening a ‘manufacturing facility’ (factory) in Leicester. An area of the country that is notorious for appalling factory working conditions. I really hope KM do better with this one.
View attachment 416983

Has anyone watched the Steve Coogan film Greed? It’s worth a watch if you haven’t

View attachment 416996
Yes I think it's something like all the parts can be made outside of the UK and it can just be constructed/assembled in the UK to get that label but it may be that only part of it needs constructing in the UK.

Mmkay Lydia. Looking at yourself adoringly while talking about him like an accessory... and doggy looks like he couldn’t care less and can’t wait to get away from you. 🤔

View attachment 417000View attachment 417001
Porter couldn't care less about Lydia if I put my face that close to my pups they would have licked my face. All he does is sniff and turn his face away from her.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
So they let Porter do his business at home and then take him outside 🤦🏼‍♀️ wow, just wow.

Also I’m baffled by Lydiot. She wears boots indoors and goes outside in her slippers. Yup, makes sense.
7DDD4AA5-B415-4512-98EC-AE4DCAC5F057.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Why is Ali banging on about the snow like they had 4ft of the stuff! You can see very clearly on the patio they had about an inch.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Poor Ali ... he gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “not very bright”! 😆
It would really do my head in being with someone like Ali ... he tries so hard but makes him come across even dimmer ...if that’s possible! He needs to stick to his lane or woke harder at the image(s) he tries to portray. I feel quite sorry for the pair of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.