Lydia Millen #59 The puppy lisperer appears, buying a dog won’t save your career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We call it here "schleimen" (verb) and "Schleimer" (substantive, masc.) it means sliming and slimer. Like a snail leaving a slime track. There is also "Arschkriecher" as in ass creeping/crawling. Makes it just so much more figuratively.

The attachment doesn't work. Edit: Now it works. :)
Sorry @AmaliaLana, I accidentally deleted the photo, so there was no context for my comment ... had to upload it again! 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Really @AmaliaLana ! Really..! You know I cannot understand irrational thought/theorems or anything vaguely advanced mathematical thingies...
Maybe you’re an ‘aesthete’ @Oops... so as long as everything around you looks pretty you don’t need to worry about those pesky advanced mathematical theorems?

And if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with anything at all, may I suggest you write it down in your Smythson journal, indulge in some self care, put your Nasty Gal cosy clothes on, have a lie down on the sofa, and dream of moving to a 500 year old Manor House in The Cotswolds ... I hear it works wonders for some! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 22
And there was me thinking we are in the middle of a lockdown and she is grieving , but obviously Hermés makes up for all that is sad and devastating in the world eh! I GIVE UP

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Solidarity Avatar duly noted! Welcome - now we are 31 👊 !

Irrationality.

Really @AmaliaLana ! Really..! You know I cannot understand irrational thought/theorems or anything vaguely advanced mathematical thingies...
Before I changed subjects I studied two semester Maths and the proof for irrationality of sqr(2) is one you have to do for yourself. I had no bleeping clue how to proof anything. (STill hardly can, only proof by induction).
Irrationality means it belongs not to the set of rational numbers (named Q for quotient) (like 1/2, 4/5, etc). In this case it belongs to the set of real numbers (named R, including all lower sets and numbers like pi 3.14...... that cannot be shown as a rational number). The squareroot of 2 is 1.4142135623730950488016887242097‬... while it may seem obvious that it's not a rational number, we could also say the same about 0.5 ( but 1/2 = 0.5 -> so it is rational). This is the reason you have to prove it. And since every rational number follows the pattern n/m (one full number divided by another full number, who are not the same number (the reason you use n and m and not n and n)). And when you square a full number it will also yield a full number (1/2)^2 = 1/4 so it stays a rational number. And the term "even" means you can divide it by 2 (or multiples of 2).
Thanks for coming to my layman's intro to bad maths TEDtalk.

And there was me thinking we are in the middle of a lockdown and she is grieving , but obviously Hermés makes up for all that is sad and devastating in the world eh! I GIVE UP
She only grieves about red hair roots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe you’re an ‘aesthete’ @Oops... so as long as everything around you looks pretty you don’t need to worry about those pesky advanced mathematical theorems?

And if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with anything at all, may I suggest you write it down in your Smythson journal, indulge in some self care, put your Nasty Gal cosy clothes on, have a lie down on the sofa, and dream of moving to a 500 year old Manor House in The Cotswolds ... I hear it works wonders for some! 😉
Hmm🤔 Just having a little think about your suggestion but you lost me a little bit at the mention of NastyGal cosies...;)

I do envy @AmaliaLana for being so good at English AND advanced mathematics though...my brain just fogs over with theorums because I cannot ever remember what the hieroglyphs mean...totally beyond my meagre capabilities...big sigh...

Thank you from the bottom of my proximal phalanges for trying to help though x

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Claire is doing a Hermes unboxing video on Sunday - so Lydia better get in quick!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Claire is doing a Hermes unboxing video on Sunday - so Lydia better get in quick!!!!
Well shops are closed, so maybe she will get a UPS delivery pronto!!
claire is actually getting boring with a hermès every other month!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That all white outfit with the Birkin Bag.... she's changing her look to work with the bag. I've never ever seen her wear an outfit like this so it's extremely inauthentic whether anyone personally likes it or not. She doesn't know how to incorporate her own style (whatever that actually is) with that bag. Looks like she's copying IGers like Julia Lundin and Xenia.

And her always comparing these trashy brand clothing designs to couture brands is laughable. You never hear Dior saying... you'll love this because it looks so much like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. Her "designs" looking like Zimmerman and her laundry list of copied designs is a joke and any creative person would NEVER say that. We may draw inspiration from a lot of things but we actual creatives don't copy nor do we think that's ok.

Reactions: 24
Before I changed subjects I studied two semester Maths and the proof for irrationality of sqr(2) is one you have to do for yourself. I had no bleeping clue how to proof anything. (STill hardly can, only proof by induction).
Irrationality means it belongs not to the set of rational numbers (named Q for quotient) (like 1/2, 4/5, etc). In this case it belongs to the set of real numbers (named R, including all lower sets and numbers like pi 3.14...... that cannot be shown as a rational number). The squareroot of 2 is 1.4142135623730950488016887242097‬... while it may seem obvious that it's not a rational number, we could also say the same about 0.5 ( but 1/2 = 0.5 -> so it is rational). This is the reason you have to prove it. And since every rational number follows the pattern n/m (one full number divided by another full number, who are not the same number (the reason you use n and m and not n and n)). And when you square a full number it will also yield a full number (1/2)^2 = 1/4 so it stays a rational number. And the term "even" means you can divide it by 2 (or multiples of 2).
Thanks for coming to my layman's intro to bad maths TEDtalk.
It feels like the walls are closing in...

The walls ARE closing in...
HELP ME!

🔔🔔

MAKE IT STOP!!

🔔🔔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hmm🤔 Just having a little think about your suggestion but you lost me a little bit at the mention of NastyGal cosies...;)

I do envy @AmaliaLana for being so good at English AND advanced mathematics though...my brain just fogs over with theorums because I cannot ever remember what the hieroglyphs mean...totally beyond my meagre capabilities...big sigh...

Thank you from the bottom of my proximal phalanges for trying to help though x
Okay @Oops... I don’t want you getting confuzzled, so forget the Nasty Gal cosy clothes - just put a dirty old bathrobe on, it’s basically the same thing.

And if you ever happen to dislocate your elbow, wrist, or proximal phalanges whilst casually leaning up against a wall wearing a hideous Karen Millen dress ... you have your special call bell to summon me! 😉 🛎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.