Lydia Millen #58 Buying luxury to stay relevant, but owning Hermès won't make you elegant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed Ali’s video of the dog. Porter is adorable and I love him. His eyes are enormous. Such a little gorgeous boy. Glad she’s started with a clicker. Not sure (said this before) about feeding inside crate but its not my dog and each to their own. He does seem a very placid dog. This IMO is probably the best Vid Ali has ever made. Also, I never knew about bees seeing in black and white and colour. So credit where it’s due really enjoyable vid. 🐶

Edit. Loved the birds too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I laughed out loud too 😂😂

Thanks for explaining Non fiction BOOKS to us Ali 😂
Someone send him a comic to his p.o. box or a manga. But manga may confuse him, usually you read them from back to front. I mean, this is also proof he never took a look into one of the encyclopedias.

Btw, the next thread title should contain the word "bespoke"

Lydia Millen #59 Bespoke steps, bespoke lips, KM ambassadors are no VIPs

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Very sad yes, but she has been quite happy to be breaking lockdown rules for months. Giving absolutely zero shits about spreading it to someone else's grandparent or family member. The hypocrisy is mind blowing.
I’m sorry to say, but I thought this too.

Reactions: 17
I really enjoyed Ali’s video of the dog. Porter is adorable and I love him. His eyes are enormous. Such a little gorgeous boy. Glad she’s started with a clicker. Not sure (said this before) about feeding inside crate but its not my dog and each to their own. He does seem a very placid dog. This IMO is probably the best Vid Ali has ever made. Also, I never knew about bees seeing in black and white and colour. So credit where it’s due really enjoyable vid. 🐶

Same. I thought he captured Porter really well and the slow motion was so cute. Adorable pup. Not a sweater in sight, praise the Lord. I’m not convinced about the clicker or the food inside the crate but maybe that’s because I didn’t do it, so I can’t really be objective.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So Lidl has just shared yet another youtuber who has bought a house in The Cotswolds - never heard of her but what is this obsession they all seem to have with the place?! There are plenty of other areas of natural beauty in this country - so weird they’re all flocking there 🙄

Attachments

I don’t think bees do see in black/white and colour. I think he is flicking through the pages in his books that fast he is getting his facts mixed up 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So Lidl has just shared yet another youtuber who has bought a house in The Cotswolds - never heard of her but what is this obsession they all seem to have with the place?! There are plenty of other areas of natural beauty in this country - so weird 🙄
She is more interested in the fact that if my eyes are correct this is a Landrover defender ... you know the one she loves and can't have ...

If I saw this bish tag me in a comment I would be blocking her as fast as I could so she couldn't copy one inch of what I have!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Same. I thought he captured Porter really well and the slow motion was so cute. Adorable pup. Not a sweater in sight, praise the Lord. I’m not convinced about the clicker or the food inside the crate but maybe that’s because I didn’t do it, so I can’t really be objective.
Porter looks lovely when he’s not in his sweaters, also not sure about the clicking either as he doesn’t seem to do anything and Lydia starts clicking? not that I know about puppies as my dogs a rescue and came fully trained.

• Heart
Yes no jumper! Hurrah! SO much better. I would query the food in the crate as it may send mixed messages. A crate is to make him feel secure and eating is a separate thing to security - so he is now having 2 things together being reinforced. I am not a dog trainer though. It was so nice to see him enjoy his dinner. I think the clicker might help reduce the dog getting frustrated further down the line because once you train with a clicker you can introduce the no reward every time if you click. So once he’s trained he wont be expecting a treat every time. Helps stop them being snappy I was told years ago by a trainer. I loved the music and the slow-mo.🐶

Porter looks lovely when he’s not in his sweaters, also not sure about the clicking either as he doesn’t seem to do anything and Lydia starts clicking? not that I know about puppies as my dogs a rescue and came fully trained.
I think (as far as I remember) the dogs associate the sound of the click to a command or reward or both. It’s a kind of non-verbal training. I have only had rescues and where they needed a little bit of extra training I did it with tone of voice. Dog training can be tricky because there are so many different methods. I have done clicker work with puppies belonging to other family members. All dogs are different I guess and its finding what works best with your own dog. The key is consistency I was told. Once started you have to see it through...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
So I am going to add my two unwanted cents.

My dog loves wearing a sweater. He got a haircut a few weeks ago and I have a few sweaters for him. I go up to him and show the sweater, if he puts his paw up I put it on him, if he doesn’t I don’t put it on him. It’s cold sometimes for him and he likes to wear them. My other dog hates them, she will run away so she doesn’t wear them.

Okay. Away I go!

Reactions: 15
Totally agree with this. It is so so sad what this virus is doing to peoples families and friends, and of course feel so sorry for them all and Lydia's family. I'm sure she is very upset in her own way, it is such a shame that so many influencers are not using their platform to help with the virus. We have so many local groups sending food and toiletries to the local hospitals, food banks, book hubs, all sorts of things to help people out at this time. She has a house full of crap she can donate but doesn't, we never ever saw the bags she was supposedly making for nurses of toiletries, or winner of that GHD competition a while ago. She could do so much but does so little, Those food hampers were so disgraceful to accept and promote, and when she received other hampers from Malmaison etc she should have donated them, as should others. But the circle carries on and she's a one trick pony as we know, and she will just continue doing that until something stops her.

Love to everyone suffering at the moment xxxx
If you did see the bags and she made a video you would of suggested she is only doing it as a photo op, so let's ask ourselves are we actually being to harsh and especially at this time, to me I won't be bagging on anyone who is mourning the loss of a loved one, maybe I'm more caring or maybe I'm just not as heartless who know but I'm not going to bag out Lydia whilst she is mourning

Reactions: 4
So I am going to add my two unwanted cents.

My dog loves wearing a sweater. He got a haircut a few weeks ago and I have a few sweaters for him. I go up to him and show the sweater, if he puts his paw up I put it on him, if he doesn’t I don’t put it on him. It’s cold sometimes for him and he likes to wear them. My other dog hates them, she will run away so she doesn’t wear them.

Okay. Away I go!
My little cavalier LOVES his jumpers! He wanders off to find them and will bring them to me, to put them on.

He doesn’t like going for a walk without his cosy jumper on!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 21.13.13.png

face so full of botox that this grimace is his "genuine happy face" as he watches Porter fetch that toy

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.