Lydia Millen #57 Can't be bothered with January vlogs, she's on maternity leave for a dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry my lovely tattlers but I bloody love that bag 😍😍😍 It’s not the bags fault is has to reside with such a toxic person. Poor bag 😢😢
Ermmmm....true confession time! I bought a pre-loved Birkin myself just before Christmas....similar colour to Lidl's but mine is a 'Shooting Star' one and I love it. I wouldn't dream of buying new for stupid money and it took me 2 years of watching and waiting to find mine at a very, very good price. Have hated seeing L's bag slagged off for being slouchy and worn....I love the lived in look and like the thought of a bag with a history and would feel a right plonker carting a pristine Hermes bag around. Please don't hate me....!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Does anyone else think this is a bullshit excuse for being so late to share her supposed friends collection ?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
On Instagram she's still wearing the Tiffany Atlas bracelet. Was it gifted? If so, I wish someone loved me a much as Tiffany love LEM; £6,650...!

• Angry
Reactions: 23
I’m so sorry my lovely tattlers but I bloody love that bag 😍😍😍 It’s not the bags fault is has to reside with such a toxic person. Poor bag 😢😢
If I could take it away from Lydia I would gift it to you, because you really like it and would cherish it. (Lydia can be happy I don't live in the UK 😹)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A great article on Pursebop.com about the Hermes Barenia Faubourg. Can’t believe Lidl’s did zero research on Hermes or the nag (not that she researches anything, it’s not like she isn’t glued to her phone!) This bag, is it for her and the leather is not for her ...of course she can probe me wrong. She is not a bag lover of collector - she is an acquirer. She likes to acquire things others have ... to validate her self worth perhaps? Bit she is not a bag lover as otherwise she would I want to consume the history or the bag, the leather and why it’s rare. The pros and cons of barenia. I have thre Chanels and couple of LV and some other none high end bags but I know everything about each of m bags. Surely if you have a genuine LV with natural leather you must know know about patina!? Any luxe item is wasted on her. I really like the bag but if I were to buy an Hermes bag i would want to in store experience from Paris ideally or New Bond Street, London.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Does anyone else think this is a bullshit excuse for being so late to share her supposed friends collection ?

Hilarious! She obviously wasn't on the PR send out for Amelia's collection and had to buy a bracelet herself! She could have mentioned it at the launch, and of course it wasn't sold out immediately, she could have got it on the launch day!

I think Tiffany must have gifted her that bracelet after the Christmas campaign she did with him - actually sickening!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
How can Hermes stop customers re-selling their bags? Obviously if they find out you are reselling them they can just stop selling to you but I doubt they could legally put something like that on the receipt 🤷‍♀️ Can anyone on here clarify if that is an actual thing
Used to be the case that they would refuse to accept a bag for 'refreshing' in the Hermes Spa if they suspected it was a re-sold bag, (or a Shooting Star bag)....but I have heard that they now do.

Reactions: 6
Ermmmm....true confession time! I bought a pre-loved Birkin myself just before Christmas....similar colour to Lidl's but mine is a 'Shooting Star' one and I love it. I wouldn't dream of buying new for stupid money and it took me 2 years of watching and waiting to find mine at a very, very good price. Have hated seeing L's bag slagged off for being slouchy and worn....I love the lived in look and like the thought of a bag with a history and would feel a right plonker carting a pristine Hermes bag around. Please don't hate me....!
It isn't so much about the bag being a little worn, it is more about her pretence of it being brand new and completely unused when it clearly isn't. She also doesn't even like the bag, you can tell from her expression it isn't a dream bag for her. She was way more excited about her LV pochette metis and her Dior bag with the sun on it than she was unboxing the Birkin.
You genuinely love your bag, you researched and waited for the perfect one for you. Where as Lydia has just jumped on the first bag she could get her hands on and is acting as if all her viewers are blind and can't tell the difference between a completely brand new bag and what she has.
I'm happy for you that you got the bag you wanted ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I did wonder about the first point too. I checked Sellier’s Insta and they currently have 52.1k followers, so she’s claiming to have made up almost a fifth of that overall total? Seems punchy.

Particularly as lots of other Insta folks with the same/larger followings have shared them too, like Vogue Williams (840k followers) and Millie Mackintosh (1.4m followers).
I can't pull proper stats of them sadly but their engagement rate is bleeping low (3% is the threshold for good engagement) (this is from igblade)
View attachment 385270

Socialblade

View attachment 385276
I don't know how long they have their IG account, it looks they had an increase in followers in Sept. 2020 and since Oct. only a steady flow of around 3k to 4k. So, when Lydia them gave an increase of 10k it should've happened suddenly and not trickle in over time. Did she mention them in Sept?

View attachment 385282 It sucks that the igblade doesn't work, you can go back there for much longer periods of time

View attachment 385285

Reactions: 8
Used to be the case that they would refuse to accept a bag for 'refreshing' in the Hermes Spa if they suspected it was a re-sold bag, (or a Shooting Star bag)....but I have heard that they now do.
I guess because how can you tell if it has been resold unless you were a part of the transaction, what if you bought it for someone as a gift? 🤷‍♀️
Sidenote: I'm never going to shop at Hermes ever, it sounds like such a ball ache with all the rules and regulations 😂😂 I will just admire from a far.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
THis is hilarious.
Lydia looks so bad in the thumbnail. Like her cheeks are bursting every second. She even looks like she had a face lift, her mouth area looks tight.
She really does look so strange in this picture, she used to be so pretty and has now completely ruined her face! She’s starting to get that classic pillow face look. I couldn’t think what is was that she reminded me of 🤔 I then realised, it’s those puppets from that Team America film 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I don't remember Lydia giving Carrie 'pupternity leave' when Carrie got her dog...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I complained to a number of people at Hermes (incl some pretty senior ones) in the middle of last year when I saw numerous bags at Luxury Promise that were 2020 bags. The bags had clearly been bought with the intention of selling. Many of them were the Picotin bag and my SA was only just telling me that Picotin are on many wish lists as they are seen as the entry level bag for Hermes. I made a big song and dance about it, as I thought Hermes was dead set against the buy to sell practice. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and told me they were going to do something about it. It looks like they are trying to tackle the problem which is good. I don’t know how they can ensure that people aren’t selling the bags but I’m guessing there are hidden codes in the bags (only they know where it is) that will enable them to trace who they sold the bag to. They’re not stupid and must have thought about ways to deal with this. The comment on the receipt is very much a disclaimer such that if your bag is ever found to be sold then they will have the right to ban you from future bag purchases. While this may seem draconian and we should have the right to do as we wish, many people are seeking to profit from such practices such that they end up denying the rest of us, who are true Hermes enthusiasts, from getting the bags we want.
Each bag does have a serial number stamped inside

Reactions: 6
I guess because how can you tell if it has been resold unless you were a part of the transaction, what if you bought it for someone as a gift? 🤷‍♀️
Sidenote: I'm never going to shop at Hermes ever, it sounds like such a ball ache with all the rules and regulations 😂😂 I will just admire from a far.
I don’t know exactly how Hermes repairs process works but I did work in luxury retail whilst I was studying. Products purchased as gifts will be stored with the receiver’s details on system so they can enjoy the benefits of any repairs/refurbishments offered by the company. If product had no proof of purchase / was purchased from unofficial store/website, customers won’t be entitled to the same benefits. Again I don’t know how Hermes’ process works but that is the general process I was familiar with across different companies!

Reactions: 10
I think they try and do it to stop people buying them and then making a profit. I know a lot of the big watch companies take off all the plastic etc as you are buying it, so you can't resell it as "new" if you see what `i mean.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don’t think people are slagging off pre worn, it’s her denial of it being pre worn. Which is irritating

Reactions: 34
I don’t know exactly how Hermes repairs process works but I did work in luxury retail whilst I was studying. Products purchased as gifts will be stored with the receiver’s details on system so they can enjoy the benefits of any repairs/refurbishments offered by the company. If product had no proof of purchase / was purchased from unofficial store/website, customers won’t be entitled to the same benefits. Again I don’t know how Hermes’ process works but that is the general process I was familiar with across different companies!
Interesting that you say that as I have only ever given my details to one brand when purchasing, other than that I have never given my information

I've been doing a lot of Hermes googling and came across this article, no wonder Hermes are trying to crackdown on fakes and resellers. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry if this is going a little off topic - do people who start up pre-loved sites really know how to authenticate the goods? Reason I ask is because wen wen stokes announced that her friend has just started such a business. Competition must be fierce as there are so many such providers now but my greater concern is whether they’re knowledgeable enough to be able to spot fakes? I don’t know if they still rely on external authenticators eg entrupy but the authentications are typically from photos and I just have this nagging feeling it’s not enough. A bag may look good but if the leather isn’t great and feels rather thin/light then this won’t come across in the photos. My colleague had the same LV pochette accessories - both looked the same but hers (knockoff from
China) was so light compared to mine. It makes me really nervous about buying pre loved nowadays though I don’t see anything wrong with the concept (I last bought pre loved 6 years ago), I just worry I’ll get a fake given some fakes are so good they could pass for the real thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I don't remember Lydia giving Carrie 'pupternity leave' when Carrie got her dog...
Carrie was made to bring poor puppy Bolly to the bungalow so Aunty Lydia could use him for content under the guise of pretending to like him. :cry:

• Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.