Lydia Millen #57 Can't be bothered with January vlogs, she's on maternity leave for a dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that you say that as I have only ever given my details to one brand when purchasing, other than that I have never given my information

I've been doing a lot of Hermes googling and came across this article, no wonder Hermes are trying to crackdown on fakes and resellers. :oops:

Gosh this is so shocking. I feel the most sorry for those who bought these counterfeits :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Sorry if this is going a little off topic - do people who start up pre-loved sites really know how to authenticate the goods? Reason I ask is because wen wen stokes announced that her friend has just started such a business. Competition must be fierce as there are so many such providers now but my greater concern is whether they’re knowledgeable enough to be able to spot fakes? I don’t know if they still rely on external authenticators eg entrupy but the authentications are typically from photos and I just have this nagging feeling it’s not enough. A bag may look good but if the leather isn’t great and feels rather thin/light then this won’t come across in the photos. My colleague had the same LV pochette accessories - both looked the same but hers (knockoff from
China) was so light compared to mine. It makes me really nervous about buying pre loved though I don’t see anything wrong with the concept, I just worry I’ll get a fake given some fakes are so good they could pass for the real thing.
Have a look at the article I tagged a couple of minutes ago. It's quite shocking regarding Hermes counterfeits and how much the bags were being sold for, they were being made my genuine Hermes staff using some Hermes materials making it really hard to tell they were fake.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
The bag is hideous with the white stitching. She is so desperate to keep up with other influencers she had to get a used bag. What is funny is that the bag if custom made for someone is that she is overpaying for someone else’s rejection. They decided they didn’t like it anymore. The fact she needs to use vouchers doesn’t mean she now has the money. She got a discount. She jumped on. Sad sad world you live in girl.
I agree, the colour is awful too. It's one that nobody wanted to buy, that's why she purchased it.

Reactions: 14
Interesting that you say that as I have only ever given my details to one brand when purchasing, other than that I have never given my information
It does vary from brand to brand and I think exceptions can always be made e.g. regular customers who didn’t want to leave details, high profile clients etc. This was just my experience, and a lot of it was new policy as people were bringing in obvious fakes or trying to take advantage of refurbishments/repairs that were well beyond what was offered in warranty. Some repairs could end up costing more than the actual product itself, which is fine if the product had sentimental value to customers but didn’t make sense financially for company. I know this won’t be the case for all brands though!

Reactions: 6
I agree totally. Why spend money on tan bags ( she hates tan, said so herself). Spend some money on a proper holiday each year with your husband. They do very little together unless it’s for the gram. Very sad after 3 years of marriage. I love spending time with my hubby and we are going to celebrate our 30 th anniversary this year. I would give everything I own to spend time with him if I had to.
They have never been on holiday unless its a paid for work trip.

Reactions: 21
She really does look so strange in this picture, she used to be so pretty and has now completely ruined her face! She’s starting to get that classic pillow face look. I couldn’t think what is was that she reminded me of 🤔 I then realised, it’s those puppets from that Team America film 😂

It absolutely creases me that she thinks there's people out there who believe her when she says she's had nothing done to her face.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think they try and do it to stop people buying them and then making a profit. I know a lot of the big watch companies take off all the plastic etc as you are buying it, so you can't resell it as "new" if you see what `i mean.
Idk, this rubs me really the wrong way but then on the other hand, I don't need to buy/participate in it. I just don't want to pay a load of money to get told off by the company that benefited from my purchase. I decide what I do with my items, not them. But as I said, if I am not ok with this, I don't have to buy it. No one forces me.

Reactions: 18
Why are people congratulating her on getting a bag!?!?! You congratulate someone on the birth of a baby not a friggin bag!!! Those glasses!? the duck!? since when does she wear those?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Idk, this rubs me really the wrong way but then on the other hand, I don't need to buy/participate in it. I just don't want to pay a load of money to get told off by the company that benefited from my purchase. I decide what I do with my items, not them. But as I said, if I am not ok with this, I don't have to buy it. No one forces me.
Do find it odd that they would try to control the resale market, as surely it is better to have products being worn/used than sitting somewhere gathering dust. Once the transfer of title to the goods takes place I don’t see why they should be able to tell people how to use said goods!!

Reactions: 15
Why are people congratulating her on getting a bag!?!?! You congratulate someone on the birth of a baby not a friggin bag!!! Those glasses!? the duck!? since when does she wear those?
So, Lydia is now mother of three. The cat, the dog, the bag. Makes sense why the bag is deformed.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Maybe she has been loaned the bag to promote Sellier so all her followers will go and buy a Birkin or a Kelly 😂 She will then say next month she decided to sell or trade it in because it was pointless sitting in her closet due to lockdown or some other BS excuse.

Reactions: 21
So is this what we think has happened.
She pretended she was going into Hermes in London to collect a pair of boots.
She went to the Hermes store in London and bought a new belt, this got her into the store and getting attention.
While she was there she made a wishlist of bags she wanted - allowing her to view the bags and get the photographs.
Then either before or after she bought a second hand pair of Hermes boots from somewhere.
Then she bought a second hand Hermes bag, possibly one she put on a wish list in the store.
All this allowed her to get a few orange shopper bags and to get photographs of her in the store getting served and tell us all she has spent all this money on new Hermes things.
She is pretending that day that she went to the store, that she bought a belt, picked up boots and spontaneously bought a bag.
I'm sure someone on here found a photo of the boots she bought also on the Sellier website. When she left the Hermes store she was only carrying a tiny bag. I don't believe her for one second. She's just a big fake Fendi (in the words of Carrie Bradshaw).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hilarious! She obviously wasn't on the PR send out for Amelia's collection and had to buy a bracelet herself! She could have mentioned it at the launch, and of course it wasn't sold out immediately, she could have got it on the launch day!

I think Tiffany must have gifted her that bracelet after the Christmas campaign she did with him - actually sickening!
She doesn’t have to be physically wearing it to promote it. She could still have mentioned it and shown her support when it was launched. What’s the real reason for this post? 🤔😠

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I complained to a number of people at Hermes (incl some pretty senior ones) in the middle of last year when I saw numerous bags at Luxury Promise that were 2020 bags. The bags had clearly been bought with the intention of selling. Many of them were the Picotin bag and my SA was only just telling me that Picotin are on many wish lists as they are seen as the entry level bag for Hermes. I made a big song and dance about it, as I thought Hermes was dead set against the buy to sell practice. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and told me they were going to do something about it. It looks like they are trying to tackle the problem which is good. I don’t know how they can ensure that people aren’t selling the bags but I’m guessing there are hidden codes in the bags (only they know where it is) that will enable them to trace who they sold the bag to. They’re not stupid and must have thought about ways to deal with this. The comment on the receipt is very much a disclaimer such that if your bag is ever found to be sold then they will have the right to ban you from future bag purchases. While this may seem draconian and we should have the right to do as we wish, many people are seeking to profit from such practices such that they end up denying the rest of us, who are true Hermes enthusiasts, from getting the bags we want.
I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon with her Hermes SA, Cal. I agree, Hermes do not sell to resellers or Personal shoppers for that matter.....and I agree, you loose the exclusivity, which is now happening with Lydia et al.

Reactions: 12
Maybe she has been loaned the bag to promote Sellier so all her followers will go and buy a Birkin or a Kelly 😂 She will then say next month she decided to sell or trade it in because it was pointless sitting in her closet due to lockdown or some other BS excuse.
She will say that it is not on display because Lumi comes in to dressing room and climbs all over the bags (remember the claw scratch on the Chanel Trendy), and so it is inside a dust bag, etc. If she is ‘petrified’ to wear the Hermes boots outside, the bag is not going to see the light of day, and probably returned.

Anyway, she is such a fraud, the bag probably says “Herpès, Made in China” for all we know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.