Lydia Millen #57 Can't be bothered with January vlogs, she's on maternity leave for a dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Takeaways from the video:

1. She said they gave her a voucher for gaining them 10k new follows, she could hardly gain 30k on Glo so this is questionable. When was this can we check social blade?!
2. It feels like an ad for Sellier, plus she said they asked when are you unboxing it.
3. This video and the previous was filmed on Christmas Eve so she’s filmed all her Jan content in Dec
4. She said she messaged her Hermes rep to let them know the other items she’d like to add to her list, what does she have them on text message or something.
5. Surely the boots were from Sellier too
6. I can’t see her ever using this bag 🤣
Oh and 7. Why didn’t we see inside?!
I need to unfollow them. A lot of those followers were probably Tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had to leave a comment on Josies stupid vlog...I honestly don't know who these influencers think they are. I used to enjoy vlogs that were fun and chatty but lately they just seem to want to patronise and talk down to the audience. I don't need lessons on manners thank you very much.

The whole appeal regarding influencers was their relateability. I compare it to that braggy friend we all have. That kind of person to me is exhausting. Meeting them for even a cup of coffee turns into a half an hour of showing off or even humble brags and it's not only rude but incredibly dull. In a mixed group of friends you'll have some who are better off than others and to brag or talk down to those who may not have the disposable income or education on 'etiquette' is vile. In addition, I am Lebanese and married to an Omani. Our culture is next level polite and all this referencing Debretts or whatever is laughable as everything is culturally relative. If I asked for cutlery when eating in my MILs home I would be politely accommodated but it wouldn't go down well so I don't. Etiquette handbooks mean nothing to me and are completely outdated. I dont need tge likes of her or Lidl to tell me to say please and thank you, take a gift to a dinner party or to send a thank you note. Josie is another basic airhead that wants to educate all us plebs on how to be proper ladies. Ugghhh...witch please, you're just another wannabe who has watched too much of The Crown over lockdown. Absolutely ridiculous
Yes! She is EXACTLY that friend. The absolutely worst. So darn exhausting - an energy vampire.

Really good point on the assumed superiority of Debretts (or Emily Post in the states) and Western etiquette generally. I have a Debretts guide, but I only ever use it to check how to address letters to people with titles and little finicky details like that. I hate the western snobbery that no other culture has manners worked out. One only need watch a Japanese tea ceremony to realise you're wrong!

Honestly though, Lydia could maybe do with a Debretts class in using cutlery, and common courtesy. I'm sure her Mum taught her - but she's certainly not retained it!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So funny. Somehow this makes me imagine that she is going to want a Steinway grand piano for the dining room assthetic. Even though I assume none of them play...
View attachment 383798
Oh my lord if this ever happens I will actually rage LOL. A grand piano is my dream (didn't mean for that to sound so Lydiot sorry haha). AND I can play! haha. What would even be the point of getting a grand piano if you can't play! imagine her having piano lessons.......
I know this was totally hypothetical and I've just made myself upset for no reason 😂 😂

Lydia cant teach anyone anything. Where as I can teach her that wolfing down glass after glass of champagne at Hermes lacks class. You only have to take one look at her to know she’s trash. Hermes probably spotted it but were too polite. I’ll have to mention to my SA at the Sloane Street store when I see her again.
Would love to know how your SA reacts!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I personally don’t have a problem with secondhand goods and reselling, it’s better for the environment etc etc but I just hate how embarrassed she is of herself. Beautiful bag but she knows it was a bad purchase, it’s not her style and it was an impractical choice for her current lifestyle. Like everyone else has mentioned before I think this reveal would have been better received if she had explained the process of buying secondhand in detail instead of trying to pass the bag off as brand new. In any case if she had visited the Hermes store to buy the belt I’m sure she would have been told what their new policy is on reselling - is she not worried that she may now be refused service for participating in reselling of their goods?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Drinking lots of champagne at the store’s expense doesn’t scream intimidation. It screams ‘freeloader’ all the way through.
Exactly! If she was intimidated by them she would not have had anything or would have taken a water. 5 glasses of champagne doesn't exactly scream cowering in the corner scared of the big mean sales assistant.

Oh my lord if this ever happens I will actually rage LOL. A grand piano is my dream (didn't mean for that to sound so Lydiot sorry haha). AND I can play! haha. What would even be the point of getting a grand piano if you can't play! imagine her having piano lessons.......
I know this was totally hypothetical and I've just made myself upset for no reason 😂 😂
I wouldn't worry, there is no room in the bungalow big enough to accommodate a grand piano 😂

• Heart
Ok so, supposing Hermès started including the ‘do not resell’ thing on receipts only recently, then Lidl’s bag isn’t that new...
Also, a bit off topic but, am I the only one that finds the girls at selliers trying on clothes strange?... like the whole point of people buying them is that they haven’t been worn a lot, so it kind of defeats the purpose to try them on, even only for some minutes to take pics. Just take a pic of the item on a hanger and then add the pic of the item worn by a model from the site of the brand...

• Wow
I personally don’t have a problem with secondhand goods and reselling, it’s better for the environment etc etc but I just hate how embarrassed she is of herself. Beautiful bag but she knows it was a bad purchase, it’s not her style and it was an impractical choice for her current lifestyle. Like everyone else has mentioned before I think this reveal would have been better received if she had explained the process of buying secondhand in detail instead of trying to pass the bag off as brand new. In any case if she had visited the Hermes store to buy the belt I’m sure she would have been told what their new policy is on reselling - is she not worried that she may now be refused service for participating in reselling of their goods?
Considering she bought her Petite Malle pre-loved and her fendi peekaboo too, I don't see why she is trying to make out her Hermes is brand new. I said before I would actually have respect for her if she owned up to it being from Sellier but for some reason she seems embarrassed.

Reactions: 27
My New Years resolution is to comment here more and get over my shyness
I know how you feel! I was super shy too, everyone made me feel so welcome though. Hopefully you can feel less shy and comment more. And welcome to the thread ❤

• Heart
Why does everything have to be a ‘weapon of choice’ with this twit? The other day it was his coffee, today it’s his aftershave 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Do you really think they care. Easy to put a disclaimer on a receipt BUT surely this scarcity and inability to buy bags allows them to keep the prices high.
I thought people often bought these expansive bags as an investment so they could sell them on and make a profit or at least get their money back. I just don't see how on earth they could police a do not resell policy and what do they do as punishment, not sell you any more bags?? Somebody reselling a bag isn't going to stop others on waitlists from buying them, the waitlist is controlled by how many bags are produced surely.
I had a google because I find it odd that they are trying to police something that they really have no control over and from what I could tell it's to do with the shareholders annual return so basically shareholder aren't happy that they are losing money. However they only create a certain amount of bags each year and the Kelly's and Birkin's contribute 25-30% of Hermes overall profits. Most of their profits come from everything else everyone is buying trying to get a bag on their wishlist. It's also because of the counterfeit market, if they can control where their bags are being bought they can control the amount of fake bags out there.
People do buy them for an investment and Hermes know that. I hate to use him as an example but if you look at Jeffree star, he has quite a significant collection of Hermes bags. He has exotic skins including 3 Himalayan bags, rare colours and special orders etc and he is very open about the fact that he buys them for the investment with the intention to sell them on at some point yet Hermes keep selling him the bags.
They have valid points why they don't want their bags resold, they have made them exclusive and hard to buy for a reason but I can't see them ever having control of the re-sell market as it is HUGE.

Earlier I was watching one of Sohpie Shohet's recent videos and she was telling a story of how her friend sold all of her designer bags and because they had a good re-sale value, she was able to get enough money from them to put a deposit down on her house. If doing that caused her to get banned from buying a bag from Hermes I doubt she would care too much as she has had the experience buying from them previously and would most likely rather have bought her house than another bag.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It makes me want to vomit when she refers to her CAT as her firstborn, wtf!!? It instantly gives me a disgusting image in my head of her giving birth to a cat.
🤢
It’s repulsive isn’t it, same with the dog. You didn’t give birth to them, you bought them. Get a grip.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Considering she bought her Petite Malle pre-loved and her fendi peekaboo too, I don't see why she is trying to make out her Hermes is brand new. I said before I would actually have respect for her if she owned up to it being from Sellier but for some reason she seems embarrassed.
I have a feeling she’s still absolutely seething about not being able to claim that the bag was bought new from Hermes. She had this grand plan that would give her an air of superiority over her followers but the plan blew up and left her with nothing to lord it over others. Abit like Trump and his inability to accept the election result. She’s really miffed and can’t accept the fact that she’s got nothing to show how special she is such that she can get the bag of her dreams by simply snapping her fingers. I hope she’s seething for a loooooonnnnngggg time as that would be so interesting to watch.

• Angry
  • Haha
Long term, shy lurker here - I’ve loved all your witty and perceptive comments on Lidl!

She has really annoyed me with this latest stunt. I don’t understand why she is lying to everyone - wouldn’t admitting the bag was second hand in the current climate be much more palatable to her viewers? Why does it always have to be smoke and mirrors?

The video is listed as an advert, so she obviously got the bag from Selliers with a discount - are most of her viewers too obtuse to figure that out or maybe just don't care? It’s the constant lying and trying to make herself out to be something she’s not that pisses
me off - it smacks of extreme insecurity and lack of confidence.

Right, deep breath, glass of wine and back to reading your wonderful comments! My New Years resolution is to comment here more and get over my shyness - after all, I’m designing my dream life for 2021 😉
Vent vent vent, I come here to vent. It helps to read comments from like minded folk about this stupid woman and the way her sheep are taken in my her BS.

It makes me want to vomit when she refers to her CAT as her firstborn, wtf!!? It instantly gives me a disgusting image in my head of her giving birth to a cat.
🤢
It doesnt upset me that much thinking about her giving birth to the cat, what is a bit creepy though is thinking of the cat being conceived ;-)

I had a google because I find it odd that they are trying to police something that they really have no control over and from what I could tell it's to do with the shareholders annual return so basically shareholder aren't happy that they are losing money. However they only create a certain amount of bags each year and the Kelly's and Birkin's contribute 25-30% of Hermes overall profits. Most of their profits come from everything else everyone is buying trying to get a bag on their wishlist. It's also because of the counterfeit market, if they can control where their bags are being bought they can control the amount of fake bags out there.
People do buy them for an investment and Hermes know that. I hate to use him as an example but if you look at Jeffree star, he has quite a significant collection of Hermes bags. He has exotic skins including 3 Himalayan bags, rare colours and special orders etc and he is very open about the fact that he buys them for the investment with the intention to sell them on at some point yet Hermes keep selling him the bags.
They have valid points why they don't want their bags resold, they have made them exclusive and hard to buy for a reason but I can't see them ever having control of the re-sell market as it is HUGE.

Earlier I was watching one of Sohpie Shohet's recent videos and she was telling a story of how her friend sold all of her designer bags and because they had a good re-sale value, she was able to get enough money from them to put a deposit down on her house. If doing that caused her to get banned from buying a bag from Hermes I doubt she would care too much as she has had the experience buying from them previously and would most likely rather have bought her house than another bag.
I watched the vlog of Sophies and heard that comment about the woman selling the bags to buy a home, interesting. I just thought Hermes can possibly stop you buying a new bag from them if they wanted to but they couldn't stop you buying a second hand bag could they. Another point though about them restricting reselling, if they did get folk to stop reselling then would the likes of Jeffree Star, people who buy to resell, would they still buy them??
I am just old and dont trust companies, they all want to make money and keep the shareholders happy.
I hope I am not coming across as anti Hermes, I do appreciate quality workmanship and the skill that goes into making these products, I just dont need them in my life to make me happy. I am against fakes though but do find it interesting that the copies are getting soo good now that its getting harder and harder to tell the difference.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes! She is EXACTLY that friend. The absolutely worst. So darn exhausting - an energy vampire.

Really good point on the assumed superiority of Debretts (or Emily Post in the states) and Western etiquette generally. I have a Debretts guide, but I only ever use it to check how to address letters to people with titles and little finicky details like that. I hate the western snobbery that no other culture has manners worked out. One only need watch a Japanese tea ceremony to realise you're wrong!

Honestly though, Lydia could maybe do with a Debretts class in using cutlery, and common courtesy. I'm sure her Mum taught her - but she's certainly not retained it!
She's just a lost and lonely soul who for some reason has developed the notion that lots of designer stuff buys you respect and approval within the higher echelons of society. Maybe if she could work on approving of herself first she'd be less of a bore and more likeable. I feel a bit sorry for her really, it must be awful to feel like you have to be superior to others to feel good about yourself. There is a dark abyss where her personality should be and that's why she's so defensive when she's challenged. She daren't look inside as there's absolutely nothing there. Yes I am an actual real life psychologist 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Vent vent vent, I come here to vent. It helps to read comments from like minded folk about this stupid woman and the way her sheep are taken in my her BS.

It doesnt upset me that much thinking about her giving birth to the cat, what is a bit creepy though is thinking of the cat being conceived ;-)

I watched the vlog of Sophies and heard that comment about the woman selling the bags to buy a home, interesting. I just thought Hermes can possibly stop you buying a new bag from them if they wanted to but they couldn't stop you buying a second hand bag could they. Another point though about them restricting reselling, if they did get folk to stop reselling then would the likes of Jeffree Star, people who buy to resell, would they still buy them??
I am just old and dont trust companies, they all want to make money and keep the shareholders happy.
I hope I am not coming across as anti Hermes, I do appreciate quality workmanship and the skill that goes into making these products, I just dont need them in my life to make me happy. I am against fakes though but do find it interesting that the copies are getting soo good now that its getting harder and harder to tell the difference.
The lower priced Hermes bag will always have people willing to buy them but will they still be able to sell the exotic skins if their customers are banned from reselling? :unsure: who knows 🤷‍♀️ I fully understand why they are doing what they are doing but I just don't believe it will ever work. There are thousands of people who just want an Hermes bag for whatever reason and they aren't fussed whether it came from the store or is pre-loved so the cycle of re-selling them will just continue.
Genuine question: I wonder what Hermes expect you to do with a bag you know longer want? 🤷‍♀️ Perhaps you were really liking small bags so you bought a Kelly 20 from the Hermes store but then a few years later you decide it's completely impractical and you don't want to keep it as you wont use it. Selling it could possibly get you banned from purchasing another bag so that isn't an option so are you meant to just throw the bag away? Giving it away would create the same issue as selling it on!

Reactions: 18
I cannot get over her smug face in the Hermezzz unboxing video. Was this after the good doctor visited?
She’s saying it was Christmas Eve, however, in the thumbnail her face looks overly rubbery and plastic, so I reckon it was taken recently. The Christmas tree is purposely out of the shot. I very much reckon she filmed this much more recently after realising she’d been caught out, her lips are looking very sausage like. But we all know how she likes to pre film 2 weeks in advance so it really could be either. There isn’t a video without a lie so we’ll never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How can Hermes stop customers re-selling their bags? Obviously if they find out you are reselling them they can just stop selling to you but I doubt they could legally put something like that on the receipt 🤷‍♀️ Can anyone on here clarify if that is an actual thing
You probably lose your in store guarantee or something. This exclusiveness bs really would be put off the brand if I was interested in them. I mean, what will they do, when someone buys the bag as a gift for someone else? Do they have to tell, when they purchase, so they also have the data of the recipient of the gift?

My most recent bag purchase does indeed say this on the bottom of the receipt. This is from November. Now, how they can try to enforce it is beyond me other than stop selling to you.
I think the rebuyer loses any in store benefits. They surely took your data (or at least name) when you bought it, so it's connected to the receipt.

THis is hilarious.
Lydia looks so bad in the thumbnail. Like her cheeks are bursting every second. She even looks like she had a face lift, her mouth area looks tight.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Would have been cheaper for them to have bought 10k in bots than to be associated with this phoney.
Isn’t the whole point to promote the benefits of buying from them, whilst she’s been trying to give the impression all along she brought from the store. It just seems bizarre and cheapens their brand because of the lack of transparency
Maybe Lydia bought Sellier the 10K in bots and timed it to be just after she's mentioned them on Instagram so it looks to them to be organic growth.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.