Lydia Millen #42 Karen Millen “couture,” Globy’s dead for sure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So technically it’s a changing room as opposed to a dressing room

That’s Essex twang. That and the inability to pronounce words that are new to his limited vocabulary
Throws me back to the time I cried in English lessons in school because I had problems pronouncing "th" and I am a perfectionist and felt dumb. Thank god I can it now pronounce not like lot of my fellow Germans th->tz :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Funnily my brother who grew up in India also has problems with "th". And I have the other way round problems with the aspired sounds of Hindi or Punjabi :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
Irish heritage? (Idk, I just watch a guy who always says tree instead of three and turd instead of third and he is Irish). Don't kill me people of Ireland :oops:
It's just laziness, he also doesn't finish words properly for example he pronounces better as bettah. Same as when Lydia says bovered instead of bothered. Don't get me started on the way she says the word disgusting 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
The expunging of a lorry load
View attachment 283336

Somehow thinking is not part of their remit.
Imagine seeing all of that dumped onto your property knowing that there is no professional contractor or garden designer or landscape architect at the helm directing all of this? The simple thought of that makes my heart beat faster and it's not even my bloody property! Do you know how much this is going to cost to undo this? Just simply undo it and put everything back to its original state? Even more money to undo it and re-do it the correct way. Omg. This is such a disaster.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What a bloody mess they've made of this project! The beds look ridiculous!
No planning or thought! I'm looking forward to the greenhouse base being dug by hand because they can't get the digger in.
Also, have they thought about irrigation or electricity?
It seems that they are going to just put Pete free compost on top of the top soil rather than mix the two but hey, let the worms do the job! two
Hope the top soil came from a reputable source and not a building site down the road!
They have also lined all the beds with plastic so as soon as it rains they will fill up with water! The whole point is they sit on the ground and benefit from drainage, worms etc.
So environment...Pete free (✔) but plastic liners (❌)
Bring it on!

Screenshot_20201021-194446.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Well this is so inconsistent. She bragged about submitting plans for a new porch (that looks exactly the same) and yet has not made any judgement call on the ongoing disaster that is their kitchen garden. if she had sought proper advice they would have done everything in the correct order. And she says learning from your mistakes is ‘elevating’. She’ll be able to reach the beds after all then.....

A0E4EB51-A2B0-4B80-8A7C-6431B4B96E2F.jpeg
BFCEAC0A-84D9-4E29-B562-D24B713C638C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What a bloody mess they've made of this project! The beds look ridiculous!
No planning or thought! I'm looking forward to the greenhouse base being dug by hand because they can't get the digger in.
Also, have they thought about irrigation or electricity?
It seems that they are going to just put Pete free compost on top of the top soil rather than mix the two but hey, let the worms do the job! two
Hope the top soil came from a reputable source and not a building site down the road!
They have also lined all the beds with plastic so as soon as it rains they will fill up with water! The whole point is they sit on the ground and benefit from drainage, worms etc.
So environment...Pete free (✔) but plastic liners (❌)
Bring it on!

View attachment 283357
They will be able to have mud baths, lidl‘s spa, she has already got the scrubbing gloVes in her globy stock.
Are we sure that the faux leather vanity bags haven’t been used to line those beds?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The fact that she just slaps her collaborations and launches in the middle of a boring vlog baffles me. Lydia's Lazy Launches.
Exactly this! She could have easily made an entire vlog dedicated to the art collab. Shown us ‘behind the scenes’ of the whole process. Maybe featured a chat with the artist. So so much she could have done.

It absolutely baffles me, why people still want to work with her. Surely the few extra sales that may come via her followers, isn’t worth putting up with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
i look forward to the day when we will be able to see these beds from space. It will probably be the only way Lids can tell what vegetables are in the middle of them.

FF268E35-4237-4266-A1A0-4B63A2BA1BD3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I cannot believe he is slaving away at this and that wife of his is absolutely no where to help. This is 100% HER PROJECT. And he thinks she will magically start putting in the work after they are all built? What on earth did Ali do to deserve such a dreadful marriage?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
SHE LIVES IN FECKING NORTHAMPTONSHIRE!!!!
I have just done so much googling to figure out the difference between these British counties but so far "chav" and "received pronunciation" are the limit of my local sociocultural expertise. I assume Buckinghamshire is a "better" post code? (I hope this google autocomplete map doesn't offend anyone, I thought it was funny.)

[And I also realized that our "Bucks" County in Pennsylvania is probably also short for Buckinghamshire so w00000t. (It's not particularly posh, just full of pretty hills and working farms and blank spaces that will be a Cheesecake Factory in 4-5 years.)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I cannot believe he is slaving away at this and that wife of his is absolutely no where to help. This is 100% HER PROJECT. And he thinks she will magically start putting in the work after they are all built? What on earth did Ali do to deserve such a dreadful marriage?

I can never decide whether to feel sorry for him or not.
After all, he’s made his own bed(s) 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I have just done so much googling to figure out the difference between these British counties but so far "chav" and "received pronunciation" are the limit of my local sociocultural expertise. I assume Buckinghamshire is a "better" post code? (I hope this google autocomplete map doesn't offend anyone, I thought it was funny.)

[And I also realized that our "Bucks" County in Pennsylvania is probably also short for Buckinghamshire so w00000t. (It's not particularly posh, just full of pretty hills and working farms and blank spaces that will be a Cheesecake Factory in 4-5 years.)
I really want to know who made that map 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

We also call our Buckinghamshire, Bucks! I live in Beaconsfield in Bucks and in general, the county is very expensive and some very wealthy people live here. It has a reputation for being posh.

Reactions: 8
This is the funniest thing I've ever read but I hope this artist makes bank because hey, artists deserve it. Lydia looks like a very grand muppet. Herewith it shall be known as The Gold Muppet Edit(TM).
I googled for a fitting muppet and came across AONB muppets instead
1603308682767.png
Josie looks lovely here

Ah, there it is, a Lyds muppet
1603308725569.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Every time I look at those beds I laugh, and Ali's vlog was hilarious. He sits there trying to be serious and explain things with his dead behind the eyes expression, and he's just well dead! And cannot pronounce anything properly!

Why they have 6 beds is a mystery, that would produce enough veg for about 10 families at least, they only needed one or two, and painting them black is very odd, am surprised madam didn't paint them sage. Unless her arms are 6ft long, how will she plant things in the middle of each bed?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.