Lydia Millen #41 Beauty expert extrordinaire, is the cost of followers too much to bear?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also she really looks manly. I feel like the manliness is increasing.
Fluer has had 8 stories talking about the Party and jewelry and posting a lot of closeups and Josie and others are posting today. Where is her bestie’s post? Zilch. IF Lydiot posts anything (just to not be outdone by others) I’m sure it will be a passive aggressive or me me me post. So far the only one has been... sharing Frow's own boomerang photo of her refusing to look at the camera and some verbiage about social distancing and a little comment about the jewelry being divine... and then back to her usual posting of her own stuff, quotes and some excitment over the conservatory greenhouse she can't wait to sit in and shoot in garden in
Yes I noticed the radio silence / lack of support from Lydia compared to all the posts the others were doing! Just shows Lydia’s arrogance. As does her stupid pose in the only photo she re posted.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Also she really looks manly. I feel like the manliness is increasing.

Yes I noticed the radio silence / lack of support from Lydia compared to all the posts the others were doing! Just shows Lydia’s arrogance. As does her stupid pose in the only photo she re posted.
She’s a Lidl witch. So jealous.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Its not my taste, although I have a black and white staircase but I think her home looks more cosy than Lydiots.
Of the 3 homes, I like Frow’s the most. I really dislike Josie’s, it’s just not my taste at all. I would put Frow’s house and Lydia’s garden in Josie’s location, although I’m actually not that keen on the Cotswolds. I prefer Norfolk.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was watching one of Josie’s vlogs and she mentioned buying a tv from Frow and Alex, it did make me laugh as Frow works with the brand that gifted the tv to her and she sold it to Josie

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I was so confused. I re-read that three times thinking it was from Lydia. I was like "How did Lydia grow a brain and increase her emotional intelligence 100% overnight??? Is she actually progressing and working on herself???!!!"

Nope. That's Tamara. Ok then. Lydia is still a petulant child and firmly implanted in her emotional and intellectual drought. At least one thing is still predictable in 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh god, I read behind the contour: LEM, behind the contour - A biography

I actually like the corset belt, tho 😬
View attachment 270171
the good leather S&M outfit (inspired or not) (or) accessories are not bad, I have Alaïa corset belt (cannot fit in it, too many corona-carbs) which is great 😉😊

Brilliant contour jab, I have another one: Lydia Elise Millen-Gordon - Autobiography - Behind the bleep-tour - my daily sacrifices as international influencer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Haven't been able to catch up with the thread yet but what the actual......warning rant alert!

how can Fleur lower herself to the narc trio?? (Frow, Josie and Lydia). Fleur isnt even comparable to them! Even Kaushal isn't. Im interested in the midly racist comments from Josie ( I don't watch her so never read her threads). How jelous is Lydia, why would Frow invite her knowing how she's too selfish to repost and promote the jewellery?? They really are as thick as each other.

Also that fireplace is hideous, I'm not liking the door right next to it, it puts the fireplace and symmetry off. The doors are quite average and cheap in comparison to the tiles and fireplace, I mean I have those doors so not saying they're bad just not as high end or fitting the room decor. All three of their houses are so mismatched and DIY designed. All three should have paid an interior designer.

This is such an odd way of promoting a collab. Soo passive/aggressive and aimed at tattlers. A launch is a launch, be positive and happy not have digs us at tattlers. Its as if she lives to thrive off the 'negativity' which is pathetic for a woman in her 30's. I see she's doing an interior collab after it was mentioned here several threads ago. Imagine if Lild had ONE original thought.....

Its sickening how shes so (fake) reliant on Ali and won't allow him to leave the house without her pestering him. Her centre of attention needs are worsening, she can't live without him to even ask basic non urgent questions. She is so far from being 'independent' and all the other BS boss babe stuff she puts out to the point she should be reported for false advertising. I doubt she would get out of bed if it wasn't for Cawwie and Alds.

Her 'edit' with Karen Millen, as someone who is one year younger than Lydia Millen I am put off by ever shopping at Karen Millen again. Not because they chose her as their salesperson but because if I look as old as her wearing their clothes NO THANK YOU. She looks dreadful and haggered these days.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Her make up application is awful, has she never heard of blending. You can see the pale concealer she uses to hide the scar from having her mole removed. View attachment 270069
Her best features were always her eyes and hair. She’s ruined her hair. Her eyes are overshadowed by those harsh brows and that terrible contour. It always draws your eye away from her eyes.

For someone who steals so much ideas from here I wish she’d take the advice to soften those brows and wash that 💩 smear! It’s like telling someone they have spinach between their teeth and they refuse to remove it 🤦🏽‍♀️ It’s a bad look.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Soooo check out this CH photo and stories from Tamara if they are still up. Same campaign for the CH fragrance. Very effortless poses. As it should be with a good photography and marketing campaigns. Product is the feature and stands out and is the focus. Not the subject/model or the KNEES and other brands fashion(cough belt, shoes, dress). And I’m not sure but I would venture to guess Tamara is showing respect to the brand to wear the outfit sent to her. Um... think about it. No brainer. Marketing and branding 101 Lydia. Why are you wearing black and making it about your bitchy faces and own hair and make up and KNEES and burying the product in not only the image but a vlog. Don’t get me started how she takes a brands year worth of blood sweat and tears and makes it all about herself and her shoot and her collaboration. Nary a mention of the creative teams and how wonderful the product actually is and us using it again. Did she even tak about what this shoot was for? About the fragrance. How it smells? No. It’s my collaboration. My deal. My shoot. Mememememememememe.

I can’t believe these professional influencers like her make a living half assing their way through major ad campaigns. It was fine when this was a emerging industry and these bloggers found some luck and appreciated the opportunity and did actually put in some effort... but they are NOT ANYMORE. Most are phoning it in. Lazy greedy make what we can while it lasts efforts.

Maybe the brands need to go back to hiring marketing and less homemade crap from the likes of Lydia and Josie? There has to be a middle ground between over polished expensive marketing and one random person with bought followers and filters shooting crappy selfies on the cheap?
0015A4D9-81BB-46A3-AE65-9C5F05C1743B.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Soooo check out this CH photo and stories from Tamara if they are still up. Same campaign for the CH fragrance. Very effortless poses. As it should be with a good photography and marketing campaigns. Product is the feature and stands out and is the focus. Not the subject/model or the KNEES and other brands fashion(cough belt, shoes, dress). And I’m not sure but I would venture to guess Tamara is showing respect to the brand to wear the outfit sent to her. Um... think about it. No brainer. Marketing and branding 101 Lydia. Why are you wearing black and making it about your bitchy faces and own hair and make up and KNEES and burying the product in not only the image but a vlog. Don’t get me started how she takes a brands year worth of blood sweat and tears and makes it all about herself and her shoot and her collaboration. Nary a mention of the creative teams and how wonderful the product actually is and us using it again. Did she even tak about what this shoot was for? About the fragrance. How it smells? No. It’s my collaboration. My deal. My shoot. Mememememememememe.

I can’t believe these professional influencers like her make a living half assing their way through major ad campaigns. It was fine when this was a emerging industry and these bloggers found some luck and appreciated the opportunity and did actually put in some effort... but they are NOT ANYMORE. Most are phoning it in. Lazy greedy make what we can while it lasts efforts.

Maybe the brands need to go back to hiring marketing and less homemade crap from the likes of Lydia and Josie? There has to be a middle ground between over polished expensive marketing and one random person with bought followers and filters shooting crappy selfies on the cheap?
View attachment 271055
Totally agree.

I have to say looking at the hashtag it’s very uninspiring. Quite a few ladies standing on the street or in front of a fence. I actually thought it might have been a directive of the campaign before I looked further. Having said that I feel like this is a difficult one because although the shape is different from everything else it’s so damned awkward and clumsy. It looks odd when people are holding it in their hands.

I didn’t mind these two shots because they are different and a little creative but overall I do not like the campaign at all!

I would have photoshopped the bottles onto a woman’s legs. Calves down, walking down the street from behind so you could see the logo on the “bottom” of the shoes. Blurred background, little bit of the hem of the dress showing movement.

5B202ED9-172B-4FCC-A200-2BB8406918C0.jpeg
4A05EB52-308A-46C1-9461-F6994D671CA6.jpeg

Reactions: 14
I remember the days that I would watch youtube for genuine product reviews and go to the likes of fleur, tanya burr, pixiwoo, candy something before I'd buy a new mascara or lippy. Then this 'influencer' culture took over to the point can no longer trust anything with or without ad written by it.

But what could be the alternative? Social media is deffo the way forward but whats the alternative to these greedy money grabbing 'influencers'. As much as I've recently got into Tamara and think shes professional and good at what she does, I still wouldn't buy something just cos she's shoving it in my face.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I remember the days that I would watch youtube for genuine product reviews and go to the likes of fleur, tanya burr, pixiwoo, candy something before I'd buy a new mascara or lippy. Then this 'influencer' culture took over to the point can no longer trust anything with or without ad written by it.

But what could be the alternative? Social media is deffo the way forward but whats the alternative to these greedy money grabbing 'influencers'. As much as I've recently got into Tamara and think shes professional and good at what she does, I still wouldn't buy something just cos she's shoving it in my face.
Indeed! I used to watch these people too. You can’t trust people who get paid to promote a product anymore though. I use makeupalley, store reviews such as Sephora. Basically any review that comes from an actual paying customer.

Reactions: 19
Possible thread 42 title idea: Karen Millen “couture,” Globy’s dead for sure, cat tit for contour

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.