Lydia Millen #41 Beauty expert extrordinaire, is the cost of followers too much to bear?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The vlog took me about 3 hours to get through, I have to keep stopping and starting in order to cope with the amount of dribble she talks.

I too am very curious how she will enjoy her morning cups of decaf coffee in the greenhouse when she could barely turn the light on in the shed and retrieve some soil.

I wonder who eventually was saddled with the blame for moving the markers for the greenhouse? Are they tied up in the basement as punishment for destroying Lydia's greenhouse hopes and dreams?

Frow's party is very quiet on insta stories. I bet they are all sat around comparing walk in wardrobes and trying to one up each other. I sometimes wonder if these influencer dinners are more like murder mystery parties than celebrations.
I bet it’s quiet because they’re blatantly ignoring the Covid restrictions and are breaking the rule of 6. I’m surprised Fleur is involved in this - she always seems nice and normal, the antithesis of Lydia

• Heart
Reactions: 22
LOL her face when Ali didn't drop everything he was doing to make her stupid cover thing. Does she do anything for herself?

• Angry
Reactions: 18
20201008_223743.jpg

Do you think she's pissed that they used this angle/didn't edit her tummy to be flat?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yuck I use to like KM. Their stuff in 2016 was lovely. It looks very 40 year old woman. Looks like stuff you’d find at a TJMAXX

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Isn't it weird how they all sit around congratulating each on how much money they have extorted from people that actually work hard for a living 🤨
Screenshot_20201008_230058.jpg
Screenshot_20201008_230115.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
so in the Daily Mail today they have an article of British youtuber Zoe Sugg who has an assistant (like Carrie is). Even though Zoe managed to sign big contracts during the covid months (so still working) she took advantage of the British government plan to pay her assistant out of those funds (the funds are to pay workers even though you have no work for them while covid is killing your business - like a restaurant), instead of just paying for her salary as usual. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-taxpayers-cash-furlough-office-manager.html
That makes me feel sick = do these youtubers not have any idea of the real world out there where people are really bad off

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall in frows!! Kaushal was with nicky before going there! Wonder how that conversation went.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
The vlog took me about 3 hours to get through, I have to keep stopping and starting in order to cope with the amount of dribble she talks.

I too am very curious how she will enjoy her morning cups of decaf coffee in the greenhouse when she could barely turn the light on in the shed and retrieve some soil.

I wonder who eventually was saddled with the blame for moving the markers for the greenhouse? Are they tied up in the basement as punishment for destroying Lydia's greenhouse hopes and dreams?

Frow's party is very quiet on insta stories. I bet they are all sat around comparing walk in wardrobes and trying to one up each other. I sometimes wonder if these influencer dinners are more like murder mystery parties than celebrations.
The mention of 'the gardener' does kind of crack me up - from what I've seen, they barely have any garden to speak of, and Ali happily mows the lawns on his ride-on. I live on land, and have half an acre of 'grounds' (lol) which is my wee garden. I have more than one paid job (well, before losing them both very recently), several children (lol) and study almost full time towards a challenging degree (i.e., not a Ph.D. in 'fashun' or the marketing thereof, lol), and even I don't have a gardener!! Yet again I do wonder what they both do all day? (Well, we know that Ali is the most patient guy ever - (in my view), and clearly does a lot around the house for her, but I'm completely ignorant as to what her job actually IS at the moment...I digress).

I am passionate about the garden. And my weeds. It's not perfect let me assure you - but that's all part of the fun!! Part of me truly wants her to love her garden (and greenhouse), but there's something in me that thinks that you should work for it yourself, not employ someone to work it for you so you can enjoy it. I'm not completely awful - I realise it is not my right to enforce that notion on anybody else. There may be some interesting (spider-y) times ahead me'thinks!

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this greenhouse. I have no doubt it will be stunning. But having lived on a farm for the past 20(ish) years, I know that short-cuts usually turn out to be long-cuts - and the raised beds confirmed that for me - she would've been better off getting someone to bring a digger in to properly excavate the land and do it properly first time. Again, just my humble opinion - and I've also stated many times (not on here necessarily) that there is 'some' value in making your own mistakes. However, her mistakes (due to her 'work'), are very public mistakes, not like mine.

Speaking of shortcuts - the risotto made me giggle. Another short-cut gone wrong - couldn't be faffed leaning over the stove top to cook a risotto for "goodness knows how long" (very paraphrased, but I've tried to indicate her words not mine), and it turned out unsatisfactory. Life lessons for you Lydia. ;) (Having said that - full disclosure - I hate cooking (with a passion), so hubby does it all. But when I DO do it, it's fabulous (of course), and I don't do shortcuts). ;)

She needs someone to proof read everything she writes...so annoying when she’s got almost 1 million followers (half of them paid for obvs)
Um. Yeah. Hehe... Well, it's so lovely to congratulate someone IN their special day!! :) (lol)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I have built a vegtrug before on my own and it is not hard at all. I would say easier than ikea. If I was married would I have asked my husband to build it for me? Nah, I would have built it with him. Because, you know, it's fun to work on projects with the person you love.

Just a lazy lil' moo moo.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Who was actually at Frows party?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What 16 year old wears Karen Millen? Where are you wearing Karen Millen too at 16? I'm almost 30 and quite a few Karen Millen pieces I would still consider too mature for me 😂 what bullshit she speaks! Was Karen Millen also her choice attire when she was homeless? Maybe in her next edit she can create special pieces for the homeless youth that so happen to be able to afford clothes with the average price of £75+o_O
Is she saying that she was wearing Karen Millen at the age of 16 and then she went on to those hideous spandex outfits and now she is back to wearing Karen Millen? She was wearing Karen Millen when she was homeless?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.