Lydia Millen #37 Top drawer banter, so boogie and luxe, but Globy team don't give a f**k

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She accused her 'tradesmen' (hate that word) ie. Ken, Graham, Ali's sparky friend, of (over time) using her coffee mugs, breaking them, ALL OF THEM.
2 or 3 vlogs ago she had purchased a shitload of those double-layered glass mugs to sit at her coffee station, so I guess they broke those as well.
She then went on to accuse them of hiding the broken mugs from her.
She said this on her vlog.
ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

And because they did this, essentially lied to her, she did not know where all her mugs had disappeared, she had to 'buy'- key word - a full dinner service - mugs, cups, saucers, dinner plates, side plates, pasta bowls, cereal bowls, 3 jugs etc etc.

In the mix of justifying said purchase, she managed to insult The White Company as well.

Lydia Elise Millen, as per usual, did not actually pay for the crockery set as it was gifted by Neptune.
All she had to do was BE HONEST by stating Neptune approached her with this offer and she accepted said offer. No need for the smoke, mirrors and insults. I would respect her if she was HONEST.

After watching this last vlog, if something did not click with her die-hard subscribers (not the bought ones) re her suspect ethics and morals, then this is confirmation that they, her subscribers, are MORONS and just as unethical and deceitful as she is.

Pardon me if I come across as rude and all over the place but this vlog literally made me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Ken and his son seem like such lovely guys, so patient with this doofus. They have been in her home for ages, doing work and then re-doing the work 3 or 4 times thereafter and she has treated them like absolute crap. It is so disrespectful. My heart actually hurt for them. Making them bring their own lunch, make their own tea/coffee and on top of that paint them out as deceitful. She has no social or human skills.

Let's not mention the Vlogmas where Ken gave her a gift, she opened it and the threw it on the floor !!! I thought then she could sink no lower but as usual Lydiot proved us wrong.
And the fact that she cannot acknowledge her had behaviour proves she is, in my opinion (last time I checked, I was allowed to have one, my mummy allowed me to *snicker* ) she has deeply ingrained narcissistic sociopathic traits.

Lastly, with regard to the above :

I AM SAYING IT WITH MY CHEST.
(Size 34C, all natural bwahahah)

xoxoxo

Edit : wrt to her 'tradesmen', what makes the situation even worse, for me, is that the decorators worked through lockdown when they were not supposed to ... Ali did not paint that living room black *snort*. Just saying.
Well said! 👏 👏 👏

It's interesting to me that I am so triggered by her and that I keep watching. As a very observant Tattler mentioned previously (apologies for not remembering who) this is paying off well for her. It's just like the news... bad news and negativity draw people in. Then you get the white nights who want to save Lydia from her rebelling minions. #BeKind... something Lydia really needs to learn but she's far too arrogant to acknowledge it. :sick: (n)

• Sick
Reactions: 21
I'm planting a hedge and all I can think about is Lidl 🙄🤢

Lydia Millen #38
Write this down! It's from the chest!
You've been warned! I know best!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I think this is exactly it: many people who have made the choice to make themselves public figures for the monetary returns it gives now say they “never knew” things online would unfold the way they have (re trolls and such). They claim people and things were “different” when they took their first stumbling forays into online culture.

Not so. Online culture has always been a place where there lurks a certain element who have more questionable morals (honestly - stalking influencers? threatening them serious harm? NOT GOOD). Some with nefarious intent have taken liberties in anonymity to be critical and more harsh than necessary. But that’s always been the case.

However some people are critical, but not threatening - they are asking honest questions that are the right of consumers of products and content. If a channel of communication is two way, it just stands to reason not everything will be exactly what the influencer wants to hear. Amidst the praise there will be some who have sharper opinions.

It’s part of being in the eye of the public. It’s part of making it your mission to appear a certain perfect way and then being held to that standard by the ones you’re filming for.

I think some influencers jumped on the idea of public life for narcissistic and monetary reasons. People who are solely motivated by those two things are inherently a bit unstable anyway! You’re right - even if they claim they didn’t realize or anticipate having to face criticism in any form, they now should just bow out rather than have public meltdowns. But in their next line of work, stay way from online because it is meant to be a place to engage viewers.

When it suits them they act perfect, until their facade can’t hold up under real criticism. I am blown away by her aggressive words targeting her own audience this weekend! Imagine if you entered a gathering and the hostess was ranting at you the moment you walked in!! If this is your “home on the internet” please treat it as one!!! It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. THUMBS DOWN on this one!
Exactly right. Have a little dignity. And for those who play the victim card at every opportunity, remember you are chipping away at your loyal base too. Bow out gracefully or put up and shut up. God knows, you profit from it well enough. Lady Aga has herself admitted that she never buys beauty products because she gets gifted so much. I have no issue with that but where’s the objectivity in the review for the poor subby paying with her hard earned?

My feeling is that sympathy has run dry for the whingers. They may find that the more they argue their case the more they will alienate businesses collaborating with them as they are devaluing the engagement process. They are looking for protection via regulatory body/ union control, but they are voluntarily sharing their lives in all it’s missguided glory.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm here for this. 🙌🏽 She really is an impulsive narcissistic limp noodle who has clearly not thought this through. And I'm being generous giving her the benefit of actually possessing the ability of thought processing. I bet my purchased Manolos, my still in tact dignity, my not so upside down house, my Nan's Fendi M&S collection, my freedom of sarcasm speech, my boobs (fake but not concave), hell even my house elf boyf that she'll never repost a 'negative' comment. None of us obviously condone threats or wishing ill on her, but I think we can agree these individuals are not going to use their authentic accounts. This therefore defeats Lydia's objection of her 'community guidelines' of exposing their identities and behaviours.

Lydia's perception of 'trolling' comments are at worst constructive criticism and at best genuine questions. As @Chick_pea clearly highlights Lydia exposing these comments is only going to revert attention back on to her shady behaviours. This will open an arena whereby her previously somewhat naive followers will begin to question her actions and ethics. This in turn will perpetuate more 'negative' comments from said followers who will now begin to call her out. Again, this defeats Lydia's objection from her 'community guidelines'.

As we've seen with the legal complexities with the hair saga, Lydia really needs to tread carefully. For example, if we use the reason why I was blocked on her insta, for questioning her showcasing a Dior bag at the height of the pandemic. This was a genuine question on my behalf as my mum is an NHS nurse so at that time it hit differently. If Lydia had screenshot my question and handle along with labelling me a 'troll', 'abusive' or 'threatening' then she is not only going to make herself look unsympathetically, but potentially risk legal repercussions as the evidence is black and white in the screenshot. This of course is pedantic and most followers wouldn't seek legal action in the small claims court, as well as this being blurred as it is merely her opinion, but again it only takes her to wrongly cross one person whose ramifications would be much greater than mine i.e. if it affected their business. But again this defeats the objection of Lydia's community guidelines as it'll only direct more negativity towards her.

Lastly Tattle, is a gossip forum where members discuss and critique influencers etc who are intentionally publicising their entire lives as their business. Lydia's insta profile is a LIFE and style proud online creator. Similarly for example you may review a book or a TV series, like my friends and I have a specific Love Island group chat which can get lit during an episode. This is simply freedom of speech. The irony is that Lydia utilises this freedom everyday on her platforms. Roasting and sarcasm, whilst I accept can have moral connotations, are also not illegal. What do you think stand-up comedians do Lydia? Another example, if we take Trump, how many impersonations and memes are there of him? If the most powerful man in the world can't shut down his critique on the internet Lydia, then sadly no matter how much you warn us I don't think your 'community guidelines' as wrote by Cawwee will be able to. What an actual dumb ass. 😂😂😂
:love:(y) LOVE this!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Influencer shadiness 101 - re bought followers

5 major signs of FAKE social media influence

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have so many screenshots of her fake subscribers. They are easy to find on her IG account takes a bit of time to back track. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do with them to expose her let me know.
I've posted one of her subscribers....need I say more

20200907_225616.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
I’m not 100% sure how all this works but if she is deleting comments and blocking people her engagement will go down so it won’t really matter how many followers she buys.
If you look at her globy account she has just under 40,000 followers and the post with the most ‘engagement’ is 128 comments but her team have replied to every single comment so really it’s only 64 comments. The average post has around 20ish comments including the globy team responding. Considering she has 890,000 followers on her main insta she still only gets average 300 comments a picture and less than 10% of her followers like her pictures it’s more like only 5% like them. Only a quarter of her followers view her reels and igtv posts so her engagement is already quite low in my opinion.
If I was a brand looking to work with her I’d be very concerned that if she can’t market and sell her own brand successfully how will she do marketing another brand.
In my opinion her buying of followers is starting to look very obvious now.
Looks like Armani have dropped them - other influencers are flogging their fragrances and makeup (all coordinated on the same day to create hype, obviously) but it's radio silence from Millen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have so many screenshots of her fake subscribers. They are easy to find on her IG account takes a bit of time to back track. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do with them to expose her let me know.
I've posted one of her subscribers....need I say more

View attachment 235789
She must be so proud to have this follower. 🥴. She should be blocking this type of account.... but no she’s blocked fans who ask her why she bought a bag.... or asked about how she dries her laundry.
FDEF51D0-E2B9-48CD-B755-66B9D3CFE394.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She must be so proud to have this follower. 🥴. She should be blocking this type of account.... but no she’s blocked fans who ask her why she bought a bag.... or asked about how she dries her laundry.

I'm sure this lot are hanging out to see her next Chsnel vlog

20200908_002541.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Have we got our pens poised and note books ready to jot down any life lessons or notes we will be given in lidls next vlog ? Do we think she will give us a rundown on her latest rules and regulations ? Will she wear her favourite sage sack ? Will we get cooking lessons on how to re heat pizza, sausage rolls and bread ? Not long to go folks 'til the next vlog drops.

I wonder when she will get pregnant
Pleeeease don't give her ideas. Can you imagine all the begging for all the things needed for a baby and nursery not to mention all the maternity clothes halls. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Honest question: isn’t Lydia in her young thirties?

She looks like she’s 45. And I don’t get it. Presumably she eats a healthy diet and takes good care of her skin. Did she used to worship the sun or something? Is it the filler? I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

She looks like she’s 45. And I don’t get it. Presumably she eats a healthy diet and takes good care of her skin. Did she used to worship the sun or something? Is it the filler? I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️
She doesn’t eat a healthy diet at all. All beige carbs no vegetables.

Reactions: 22

Speaking of filler - it spreads out over time. That’s why you see people with a ridge at their lip line - the stuff migrates! Fair warning to anyone who would use it for nose contouring / non surgical nose jobs. Maybe that’s what’s happened?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.