Lydia Millen #35 Poor Lydia, narcissist at best. Fools her minions, but tattlers knows best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think we may have crossed wires here? I was talking about Lydia following Alitex as when I checked earlier my feed showed that they weren’t following each other. My “hello Lydia” was a response to you saying that they now following each other (as in Alitex) in the time that I had assumed that since posting Lydia had been lurking and clicked that follow button after reading on here? Maybe my Instagram was glitching but I wasn’t in anyway criticising your post.

Anyway, hope that clarifies.
It's ok, maybe next time be more clear. I am under the assumption that we discussed Lydia following Alitex on instagram a few threads ago hence why I wrote that she did because she has and for a while. Therefore I didn't see it as Lydia reading here and then start following them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Thank you.
I thought we had discussed in threads previously that Lydia follows Alitex, thats how I knew and I just double checked her instagram before I posted :unsure: It's just not very helpful when wrong information gets posted and isn't allowed to be corrected as we end up having the same conversation twice but with different info.
Apologies if my post confused the issue but when I checked earlier, they followed her but she didn’t follow them back. In no way have I prevented the correct information being shared. I stand corrected. Simple mistake of crossed wires I think. Let’s move on.

• Heart
Either of those would have actually been more useful to Lydia than a greenhouse.
Especially since the globes are made out of materials that will keep it cool inside. Where as she is going to be trying to enjoy a glass of new zealand sauvignon blanc in a sweltering greenhouse :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She could outsource her "team" into the globe, as she was already planning it before Corona hit.
Wasn't she at one point trying to get her team to work outside in some sort of building? I feel like I remember her saying something about it, maybe last year :unsure: We don't exactly have the weather in the UK for people to work in those globes or a greenhouse :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
I think Ali is aware of the actress he married. Everything she says or does in vlogs or insta is not reality.

she must be fuming at that glow up kit tho!
Its so pathetic when its time for Ali to participate in lies, I dont watch them much but often they set up sharing some mundane crap but it seems very particular as you do when constructing some rubbish for the sake of begging/explaining sudden appearance of something or covering up/ trying to get away with something or make a bleeping "naritivv". When she does this its one thing but when he says his lines its like a primary school pantomime. So basic you two, lidl I read you like a blank book yeah??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you.
I thought we had discussed in threads previously that Lydia follows Alitex, thats how I knew and I just double checked her instagram before I posted :unsure: It's just not very helpful when wrong information gets posted and isn't allowed to be corrected as we end up having the same conversation twice but with different info.
Whenever someone says "Hi Lydia" on here, it's because we know she and her slaves read tattle for ideas.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Wasn't she at one point trying to get her team to work outside in some sort of building? I feel like I remember her saying something about it, maybe last year :unsure: We don't exactly have the weather in the UK for people to work in those globes or a greenhouse :LOL: :LOL:
Yes. She was talking about it. I was scratching my head WHY and HOW. The "team" didn't seem to fit her ass-thetic any more so it had to be SAT outside.

• Haha
Lydia’s threads go so fast it is hard to keep track.

Whereas I obviously had missed that thread and didn’t know that. My Instagram showing one following one but not the other didn’t help matters. Lydia’s threads go so fast, it’s an easy mistake to make.

Anyway...when do we all think the greenhouse will be finished? I doubt Alitex will pull the plug on this as if she is being gifted it or given a reduced price and planning permission has been given the ok, it’s a little late for them to back out now. The backlash from them backing out would be just as bad as following though with this now as I’m sure Lydia would let everyone know they had pulled the plug after “trolls” got to them.
The planning permission for the greenhouse makes me die laughing :LOL: :LOL: You don't need planning permission for a green house unless she is planning to make one so large it covers half the area of her property🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Her bleeping ego and self importance is huge, wouldn't be surprised if her solicitor laughed at her down the phone, whilst charging her for the phone call.

I'm still not convinced they are giving her the entire thing for free, possibly a large discount or maybe she has blagged herself an ex display :unsure: either way, she will never admit it. They don't normally work with influencers and their usual customers probably aren't familiar with Lydia so any backlash won't hurt them. I can't see them backing out though because people have complained about her.
Alitex don’t know her like beauty and fashion brands do, they most likely only know what she has told them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I have mentioned before that brands normally consider the association aspect of either their gifting or promotion. Personally, at this moment in time, with the increasingly vast and bewildering plethora of unfathomable spurs coming off both of their posts and ideas - I would lie low.
Think of the Neanderthal Ape photo which was PUBLISHED for all to see, along with NYE Chav photo, just those alone would make me run to the hills if I was a serious company of long standing.
Alitex have a wonderful reputation and create really beautiful glasshouses. I don’t understand why they would risk their reputation and the inevitable fallout by gifting or reducing their fees. Surely they have too much to lose. If it’s a straightforward transaction and Linen has ordered and paid for the product then fair enough. But, for someone like Alitex the association with her is a bit risky if she isn’t an average, fee paying customer.
They should issue a statement here and now to protect themselves (damage limitations); saying that they do not offer reductions or gifts to Influencers. Griffin Greenhouses made it clear a) they didn’t know her and b) they charge what they charge - end of.
This could be quite a damaging gig for Alitex who must surely be risk-averse, especially in this climate.They may very well come under an unwelcome barrage of criticism for this...

• Heart
They’re not gifting an expensive greenhouse to Lydia out of the kindness of their heart though, their doing it to market their greenhouses. Lydia isn’t a charity, she’s advertisement. I don’t think we should be telling a company to gift their greenhouses to charity personally. I just don’t get the logic of that argument.
Do you think @Miscanthus given what you've said, that maybe Alitex are looking to a different market, one where people just want one in their garden to do what Lidl is going to do with hers, just use it as a prop? Maybe Alitex don't care about how it is going to be used, they are simply looking at sales in a scary time.

Lots of people over lockdown did start gardening as they suddenly had the time. My local to me Facebook group was filled with people asking about the availability of allotments if people had old gardening equipment they wanted to clear out. Maybe lockdown has created a lot more gardeners that weren't gardeners previously, and maybe there are (I'm pretty sure there are) lots of people out there that will happily take on a loan to have a greenhouse in their garden just like Lydias, even if it means going into debt over it.
Good post, and I've been to the gym which allowed me to think!
Firstly, I wanted to say to @Lollylola who queried why a company would want to gift something to a community/charity....my first career was in PR so it would definitely come under that banner. However, it's difficult to quantify how powerful PR is versus advertising and Alitex should be able to measure sales coming from Lidl's ads to a degree. In my mind influencers fall somewhere between the two so sales may go up with other similar greenhouse companies,
Secondly @PixelGirl Alitex have already positioned themselves in a very specific market. You are absolutely correct that many people have shown an interest in gardening and growing their own produce during Lockdown, which is great! We need more people growing their own and we also need them to see horticulture as a career. Most of these people are not Alitex's market...at least not now, possibly in the future.
Most of the people who want an allotment would probably build an extension if they had 20k.
Alitex's greenhouses are decorative and beautiful and designed to be looked at rather than stuck behind the shed at the end of the garden. They are part of a certain lifestyle that Lidl wants a part of....a status symbol that says 'I've arrived'. Of course there are people who have large estates and genuine Victorian greenhouses that are very productive, there are people who can afford Alitex greenhouses and want to use them....and there are also people like Lidl who want to play at it.
What's annoying me is they, and other companies, are enabling her to pretend. We all know who she really is and that the greenhouse won't be used for anything serious, but it probably doesn't matter to Alitex because she will produce lovely arty photos and pose in her linen dress with a basket over her arm.
I would put money on Josie being gifted the same thing.
Lidl is running scared because the retail market is on a downward trend and she needs to find new markets. Alitex know who they are, where they are positioned and who their customers are. Lidl, on the other hand, is floundering around, putting off the day when she will have to pop out a baby to stay relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And theyre yelling PUT MORE CHEESE, IS THAT ALL YOU'RE HAVING, NO YOU HAVE TO GRATE MORE, LIKE US.

I feel numb, I cant muster appropriate mocking or ridicule and no words at this. Is the guy their old friend/new dad Sam?
Height (or depths) of ignorance to film someone preparing to eat as well. I was smdh. Zooming in on his plate?? They have no sense of propriety or decency.
I'd make a terrible vlogger because I don't even like people having phones on the table. I've always thought phones should be put away during meals.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The planning permission for the greenhouse makes me die laughing :LOL: :LOL: You don't need planning permission for a green house unless she is planning to make one so large it covers half the area of her property🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Her bleeping ego and self importance is huge, wouldn't be surprised if her solicitor laughed at her down the phone, whilst charging her for the phone call.

I'm still not convinced they are giving her the entire thing for free, possibly a large discount or maybe she has blagged herself an ex display :unsure: either way, she will never admit it. They don't normally work with influencers and their usual customers probably aren't familiar with Lydia so any backlash won't hurt them. I can't see them backing out though because people have complained about her.
Alitex don’t know her like beauty and fashion brands do, they most likely only know what she has told them.
Because the house is in the grounds of a country house, it will be in the freehold (or possibly even leasehold) that they need to seek permission to erect any outbuildings, temporary or otherwise.

Reactions: 10
Because the house is in the grounds of a country house, it will be in the freehold (or possibly even leasehold) that they need to seek permission to erect any outbuildings, temporary or otherwise.
In the UK you don't need permission for a greenhouse unless it's a certain size, it's too close to your house or border of your property or if it could be seen from the road and passerby's could see it, even on leasehold properties. Her house won't be considered in the grounds of a country house as it has been sold separately from the house it once belonged to with it's own separate grounds.

Last edited:
Height (or depths) of ignorance to film someone preparing to eat as well. I was smdh. Zooming in on his plate?? They have no sense of propriety or decency.
I'd make a terrible vlogger because I don't even like people having phones on the table. I've always thought phones should be put away during meals.
Well said!

Reactions: 8
The pathetic thing is that neither her garden or bungalow are even that big. This £23k greenhouse is going to dwarf them both. Also, the bungalow looks modern from the outside (and from the inside, no matter how much nouveau panelling she glues to the wall) - the Victorian greenhouse does not not go with the style of her property!

Reactions: 16
Took the Time to scroll her Insta-feed today and my god-she has reinvented herself quite some times -from wannabe model to fitness influencer, to beauty to lux to now linen lady of the manner 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

One thing I noticed - there were new friends in each period (except for Cawwie). Who was the girl with the lilac-blonde hair?

Can someone tell me what happend to her and this Chanel-girl-influencer (remember she was at her wedding) - sorry if this was discussed already, I‘m New here!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.