Lydia Millen #31 got flopitis, wants everything Sage Green, but Globy's nowhere to be seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve went to go like the comment on this post and it’s no longer there. I think they’ve deleted it. Which is poor form! Own up to sending people hampers that don’t need it. Total waste of food!
They have deleted the comment and blocked the OP (post had several likes).. think the attention needs to be turned over to Google reviews... they can't delete those..... I'm sure Lidl has been consulted about this negative publicity. They should be sent thisthread to their inbox....

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Longtime lurker here...maybe 2 years lurking😂

But she has reached new levels recently, and I just need to share the frustration with like minded people!

This gardening obsession...I just can’t cope! She just jumps into something with literally no knowledge and no foresight. I nearly wet myself yesterday when she said she was going to grow courgettes in her herb trug! Courgette plants are enormous, mine is currently 4ft by 4ft in a raised bed and she thinks she can grow one in that tiny space. And let’s not mention that you can’t plant courgettes at the end of July....you are about 3 months late Lydiot 😂 but do go on...for our viewing pleasure.

Im ashamed to admit I rarely miss a video...it’s a total hate watch but I can’t help it, I have to see what screwed up thing she will do next! Wonder how many of her views are hate views 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I was just
Sorry if I’m repeating what’s already been said but how can she be trying to justify taking delivery of ANOTHER bleeping Farmer’s Hamper mountain of food AGAIN?? And why are they sending them a hamper every week? It‘s seriously pissing me off now. Would you believe that as a severely disabled person, I’ve only just managed, after the 4 months in lockdown, to sort out priority food deliveries for myself via the council?! Cock up after cock up meant stupid old Gusber here was struggling to do my Asda shopping, alone and on two crutches, with minimal use or control of one of my legs. Every trip ended in tears and often with me BEGGING security to let me go a quicker route to get to my car, with them usually refusing because; “rules”. Yet these two fully able-bodied and time-rich wasters are being sent FREE FOOD!! As we’ve already said, if it’s such a worthy company/idea/cause, mention the company, big them up and then PAY FOR YOUR FOOD!! Or better yet, donate it to people who will be grateful to actually, you know, EAT IT??!! And Lidl lectures us about not using the proper ‘thought processes’ which she believe justifies their continuing acceptance of these hampers. Please let everyone see the light, so this bleeping influencer bubble will burst. The sooner the better.

Just to add, I’m not looking for sympathy here, what I’m looking for is a burning rage from my fellow Tattlers to match my own!! 🤬🤯🔥🤬🤯🔥🙊
Totally agree, Gusber. Even if they had a family I could justify it but to give this amount of fresh produce to two people who couldn’t possibly finish it before it spoils even if they did eat fruit and veg is pretty inexcusable. What a tit marketing stategy to give to those who won’t appreciate it just to get a visual on youtube. Even those in the full of their health had to queue and social distance and only buy groceries once a week for their families during lockdown. The disconnect is vast for these egomaniacs and this company is no better, NHS or no.
On a lighter note, the urinal is the best revenge. What an eyesore and listening to three men pissing all day is just so frickin funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
They have deleted the comment and blocked the OP (post had several likes).. think the attention needs to be turned over to Google reviews... they can't delete those..... I'm sure Lidl has been consulted about this negative publicity. They should be sent thisthread to their inbox....
You should do that. I've been blocked from their reviews page 🤤

She buys them. She needs reporting.
But who do we report it to?

We all need to leave reviews on google as the customer service is awful. I emailed them and they have ignored me 😕
Which site is the goggle site? Do you have a link?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Definitely fillers and botox... it's all taking its toll. That leaky spot she had to cover down with a plaster? Deffo an irritated/ sore filler site.. if you know.. you know!! Those plasters are given out to folk that have to go back to work after a lunchtime session (you can even apply make up over them)- like I said- if you know, you know!!
That is very interesting information. No coincidence then that she went for her unspecified appointment the other day and then later had a plaster on her face.

I just really don't get the cloak and dagger tit about that kind of stuff, I'd have so much more respect for her if she just said "Yeah I get fillers and botox, I like the way it looks and it makes me feel more confident". People aren't stupid and she's been filming herself daily for the past 5 years. We can all see she's changed her face into that puppet mask from the movie 'Saw'

I don't have anything done (yet) but I'm definitely going to whenever I feel I want/need it and I don't give a tit what anyone thinks about it. However as someone who shills beauty products I think she should be way more transparent about what is natural about her looks and what isn't, especially when she's had so much done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Lidl is that you writing your own review? Because you can’t really “brag“ about this kit if it’s not your own product 🤔 You boast about yourself, not about some random person’s tanning tat.

3E00A6B9-A8B9-440A-9CEC-D39BD8951024.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
You should do that. I've been blocked from their reviews page 🤤

But who do we report it to?

Which site is the goggle site? Do you have a link?
Hoping this link works, you can see the reviews over on the right-hand side.

Reactions: 10
Newsflash: Lydl (ie someone of superior taste and an entitlement to superior things) has some sofas from guess where ... Ikea. What made me laugh and slightly irritated me is the fact that Ikea have paid her to effectively diss them! The line ‘I never thought I would be recommending these ...’ really in brackets, understood, translates as ‘can you believe that someone like me with such impeccable taste and style, has chosen something from a shop like ikea....’ She has such an inflated opinion of herself, I am actually quite surprised she even fits on the bloody sofa.
Also, I totally agree with all the comments about the farmers’ hamper. Isn’t it pitiful, the way she attempts to justify her greed and sense of entitlement by suggesting to us that she is helping to create jobs etc through her acceptance of something that is completely otiose and inappropriate during this pandemic. I shouldn’t think for one minute that a single job has been created by lydl receiving free food. She’s totally deluded isn’t she!! She ought to have said thanks very much, but I’d rather you send this hamper to someone in need and I’ll give yuh a mention anyway. What an absolute trickster and con artist!

I, too, am very confused by the space that was formerly the fire escape ... oh, and actually still is. Orange trees flourish in southern Spain and the like, not in a deprived of light basement in Northamptonshire. Also agree that the water feature is just totally ridiculous, ugly and down right bizarre.

All in all, this woman gets worse and worse doesn’t she. Who does she think she is?!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Lidl is that you writing your own review? Because you can’t really “brag“ about this kit if it’s not your own product 🤔 You boast about yourself, not about some random person’s tanning tat.

View attachment 191161
The language used is her own as well. She is clearly writing these, who else do we know that uses the term 'nailed it'?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
How has someone with 850k+ Instagram (plus Globy, and lydiamillenhome), 850k+ Youtube etc. become so irrelevant. No invites to the Dior online shows, no decent press packs or PR, massive Globy launch fail + now irrelevant product, no active managements (Carrie?), no designer collaborations e.g. In The Frow now UK Bulgari ambassador, goes on some press trips but not very often, long term ambassador for ByTerry, Intimissimi, H&M, and St Tropez but also quite boring and how many times can you plug nude underwire free 28FF (lol) bras, sweatshop clothes and CC serum? Oh she's also got her tooth whitening partnership, free food hamper scandal.. and can beg for free limestone slabs and various house bits from small and local businesses. Like anyone on her FASHION/STYLE channel is going to then buy limestone slabs because she's mentioned this company in a video? We have recently seen how her irrelevance means she can only now beg for a £70 vegtrug herb garden instead of a £7000+ greenhouse. At least there are still some companies with integrity. Her engagement seems to be low but maybe it is all the comment deleting. Maybe I'm not her target audience anymore but it's all very old hat and with so many new and exciting brands and collabs happening her part of Youtube just feels dry and dying. She's clearly not got any new or good ideas to change it up either. I don't get what her "team" are constantly working on but they all need to step it up soon because even her long term fans are complaining in the comments. When I think of her compared to other influencers like Desi Perkins, Patricia Bright, ITF, Jamie Genevieve.. even Josie (who has definitely been gaining more business interest and lets face it does 10x more than Lyds even on a boring day like making bird feeders out of Amazon boxes)... Lyds is just like a bad smell hanging around in influencer land.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
If you do hate-watch, you can do so via here, she still gets the view as obviously it has been brought across from Youtube, but you won't have to suffer the adverts and she won't get the AdSense. https://invidio.us/channel/lydiamillen
You can watch Aldi on invidio too 👍

View attachment 191161
She's made these up 😏
Screenshot_20200724_140058.jpg
Screenshot_20200724_140128.jpg
Screenshot_20200724_140114.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
That is very interesting information. No coincidence then that she went for her unspecified appointment the other day and then later had a plaster on her face.

I just really don't get the cloak and dagger tit about that kind of stuff, I'd have so much more respect for her if she just said "Yeah I get fillers and botox, I like the way it looks and it makes me feel more confident". People aren't stupid and she's been filming herself daily for the past 5 years. We can all see she's changed her face into that puppet mask from the movie 'Saw'

I don't have anything done (yet) but I'm definitely going to whenever I feel I want/need it and I don't give a tit what anyone thinks about it. However as someone who shills beauty products I think she should be way more transparent about what is natural about her looks and what isn't, especially when she's had so much done.
Exactly! I do not care if anyone gets this stuff or little tweaks. I just can’t understand why someone would want to change their beauty into something disformed at such a young age. I started getting just a touch of Botox on my forehead at about 47 and I love it. It makes me feel like I look less tired. I don’t care really about the wrinkles. Just the littlest bit can make a difference to a face aging gracefully and looking refreshed. And I don’t lie about it to anyone. People always say... you don’t need Botox. And I say... you think that because I have it! Lol. I don’t think I’d go the filler route but if I do, it’ll be subtle and in my older age and when appropriate. And I won’t lie about it!

• Heart
Also amazing to see her mind in action:

2 weeks ago: I will no longer be doing any unboxing as I feel during this time it is not appropriate
1 week ago: YOU all got the wrong idea I WILL still be unboxing but only from PR ambassadors etc. not small businesses and will only be receiving fan mail to PO box
This weeks video - Unboxes everything and anything (food hamper, small biz pottery, PR AD/ambassador items etc.)

Not even she can't keep up with her own bulls***

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I can't even begin to imagine how upset you must feel. I am able bodied with no purchasing issues and this whole hamper thing pisses me the most about her actions at the moment. There is absolutely no reason to send her food, to promote it. She has a lot of followers but I am sure there are many other influencers who actually eat vegetables and maybe have children and maybe struggle to pay for food, WHY Lydiot. So don't worry your not the only one that's pissed at this and I believe you are very justified in venting and I do appreciate your telling us your story. I hope things get easier for you soon. I wrote to the hamper people but sadly they never wrote back
Thank you. Yes, I wrote a private message to them on Insta. I could see they read it and they actually sent a reply but then re-called it before I got to read it. I left a few comments under photos on their grid but they then deleted all comments. I noticed this and re-commented but again, deleted. I’m guessing Lidl told them that people from Tattle would be commenting and messaging and to do as she does; DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!!! I even commented that the photo they used of Lidl and Aldi in ’The Aston’ with the flowers they re-gifted to Mother Cawwiee managed to get a whopping 35 likes. That’s thirty five. A 3 and a 5. Three tens and five units. And that’s the humongous level of interest Mr and Mrs Millen Aston Gordon Martin managed to drum up for The Farmer’s Hamper. I wonder how many sales that actually converted into?! But we’re all meant to blindly accept Lidl’s justification that from her very mention of the company, every week with their free weekly delivery, TFH are able to employ way more people. Well, I used to work in business and I am baffled by this notion! 🤷🏻🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Longtime lurker here...maybe 2 years lurking😂

But she has reached new levels recently, and I just need to share the frustration with like minded people!

This gardening obsession...I just can’t cope! She just jumps into something with literally no knowledge and no foresight. I nearly wet myself yesterday when she said she was going to grow courgettes in her herb trug! Courgette plants are enormous, mine is currently 4ft by 4ft in a raised bed and she thinks she can grow one in that tiny space. And let’s not mention that you can’t plant courgettes at the end of July....you are about 3 months late Lydiot 😂 but do go on...for our viewing pleasure.

Im ashamed to admit I rarely miss a video...it’s a total hate watch but I can’t help it, I have to see what screwed up thing she will do next! Wonder how many of her views are hate views 🤔
I just watched Ali's latest vlog last evening and he was so much better at explaining how he knows nothing about gardening, but is learning, as well as apologizing for not creating expected content. He comes across in general as a much more down to earth person than Lydia, who just seems to never be able to admit any kind of vulnerability except the made up kind when she's looking for excuses. I was shocked at the discussion on what gutters are for. He knew what he was talking about, maybe not all the technical details but what was her point exactly? I would also like to know who really broke that mug, he says he did not do it and you could see that he was really angry. He was probably especially irritated since his friend was there in the house, and she was talking about "my mugs" while filming him. I've seen arguments like this in a a very wealthy friend's family, where she owns everything and he next to nothing. She thinks this gives her the right to make all the decisions and talk to him with very little respect and their marriage is on the rocks. The difference is that she actually listens to her friends when we point out these things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.