Lydia Millen #28 My Globy sales & ethics are low, if you dont like just unfollow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, we all had it wrong! Her product lasts forever and ever and ever.
Digging and digging and digging. One other comment was I wouldnt use your kit cos I don’t self tan and her response was it is just there for those that do. How though? We were told it was sold out. Another comment - since deleted - had three replies all the exact same but written by three different people. This is beyond shady.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
For someone so shady it’s clear why she needs to self tan constantly as those rays just ain’t getting in

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Yel

I honestly think in millennia to come geologists will find a layer of indestructible plastic balls and fibres laid down during our life spans by the oceans and deposited in the landfills. And they will name it The Exfoliating Period.

Omg. To quote Shane Dawson
This insane. This is insane.View attachment 171289
So stop dm'ing her and instead comment, this coincidentally gives her an algorithm boost 🤨

Just be an adult Lydia and admit that your greedy scam failed. That's the only way to claw back a shred of dignity from the whole globy calamity.

Pathetic to hear a buisness going #bekind after they fucked up.

Reactions: 31
Technically only home items that serve a purpose to their work. They would be able to save on things like their office furniture but not the tit she uses to style the shelves etc she could make some bills tax deductible like their broadband, internet, electrics, travel and car used for business purposes but things for the home like that lv trunk they won't regardless of how many times she posts pictures of it. Unless they have a dodgy accountant.
Technically they have to list everything they have received for free (including trips and holidays) as they could be liable to pay tax on said items if they had been gifted them instead of taking a payment from a company. It is all included in their personal allowance of £12,500.

She also should really include any sales from her depop but fat chance of her doing that 😂 😂
How often are these youtubers audited?

Reactions: 9
Lydia's lockdown has been easier than most people's lives.

She's managed to run her influencer business from home, doing the odd ad, product placement etc etc and two vlogs a week.
Constantly getting adsense and swipe up money
Free stuff all the time
Free home improvements
Free food and drink
Free stuff for her garden

She's launched a product with really zero effort from her, and now it's all too much, she's having problems in her private life.
I bet she is! She's wondering how to get out of all this tit and save face, and the only way she can do that is the way she's done it before. DETRACT from the situation, play the mental health card, get sympathy, do her woe is me act. It's outrageous, and so many of her sheep will fall for it. Oh poor Lydia, it's not her fault, blah blah.

I hope at the very least, other bloggers see her true colours and realise how tit she is. Interestingly Amelia and Lorna have not reviewed the Glo box, I hope St Tropez dump her as well when they see all the negative feedback.

Sorry if this sounds really mean, but she always cries wolf, and if she is suffering it is due to her own behaviour.
Not mean!!!
She has demonstrated that she can't survive 5 minutes in the real world! She's in a bubble, a different reality. She's pathetic.
Go and cry in the corner Lidl. If you were an employee you would have been sacked for this!
As it is, it's just a small ripple in her life.

Reactions: 26
How often are these youtubers audited?
Not sure but since it is still a relatively new industry but generates a heck of a lot of money, I would imagine they are watched quite carefully as the rules do keep changing for them although the rules are easily twisted to suit their agenda.
For example if an influencer is gifted something worth £5000 retail in exchange for them writing a blog post or making a video about it, they could have written in their contract the cost price instead so when they declare it they can pay less tax on it.

Reactions: 8

Yel

For example if an influencer is gifted something worth £5000 retail in exchange for them writing a blog post or making a video about it, they could have written in their contract the cost price instead so when they declare it they can pay less tax on it.
I highly doubt any of them declare even a fraction of their freebies /items given as a payment. Most accountants wouldn't even think to ask for things on that.

Remember when Lydia did a whole post about her accountant telling her off for buying a lux handbag and Lydia went on about how hard she works and that she deserves it. It's definitely in grey areas if she's buying a bag then posting a photo and claiming it as a business expense. HMRC are underfunded as it is, but they are likely to target one of these infuencers taking the piss to make an example of. It's pretty grim someone earning a good wage but still doing as much avoidance of tax as possible.

Reactions: 20
I highly doubt any of them declare even a fraction of their freebies /items given as a payment. Most accountants wouldn't even think to ask for things on that.

Remember when Lydia did a whole post about her accountant telling her off for buying a lux handbag and Lydia went on about how hard she works and that she deserves it. It's definitely in grey areas if she's buying a bag then posting a photo and claiming it as a business expense. HMRC are underfunded as it is, but they are likely to target one of these infuencers taking the piss to make an example of. It's pretty grim someone earning a good wage but still doing as much avoidance of tax as possible.
Was it Lidl or Josie or both who said they couldn't recall what was gifted and what they bought? I hope they are paying their accountants well because they must be the clients from hell.

Reactions: 13

If they don't and they get caught they are pretty fucked 🙈

She technically isn't allowed to write her Dior bag off even if she uses it for work and posts 100 photos of it, as it wouldn't be considered a uniform just an everyday piece of clothing.

Clothing expenses
You can claim allowable business expenses for:
  • uniforms
  • protective clothing needed for your work
  • costumes for actors or entertainers
You cannot claim for everyday clothing (even if you wear it for work).

By law all influencers should be declaring the monetary value of all items gifted to them in lieu of payment, if they recieve an item unexpectedly say to their po box without any prior knowledge of it being sent they don't have to declare it however if they then use that item in videos or on instagram and then gain an income from that product they may have to declare it.
I wouldn't say there are many grey areas as there are some pretty straight forward rules regarding it, it's just that they twist the rules to suit themselves and have yet to be caught out for it.

Was it Lidl or Josie or both who said they couldn't recall what was gifted and what they bought? I hope they are paying their accountants well because they must be the clients from hell.
They should keep every receipt and contract, that should clear up any confusion as I'd assume for either of them the pile of contracts would be a lot bigger than the pile of receipts.

Reactions: 15
This is disgusting 😡
Why oh why are these places giving free food to twats that can actually AFFORD FOOD!
There are poor people struggling to put food on their table for their family and the moronic idiots get food for free 😡
I personally couldn't accept this never mind showing off about it on social media 😡
How about you tell these places to send it all to food banks etc. You are and all youtubers that accept food like this are a DISGRACE 😡
YOU HAVE NO CONCIENCE AND NO MORALS!
DISGUSTING JUST DISGUSTING 😡

View attachment 171372
This is a real disappointment. It’s the second (that’s been out on the internet anyway) hamper they have received from this company.
I wish small business‘ wouldn’t give free food in return for exposure like this.
Someone with a heart would surely be willing to promote but for the food to be gifted to someone in with far greater needs.

Lidya appears to have to shame. She doesn’t eat veg.

• Angry
Reactions: 29

Yel

By law all influencers should be declaring the monetary value of all items gifted to them in lieu of payment, if they recieve an item unexpectedly say to their po box without any prior knowledge of it being sent they don't have to declare it however if they then use that item in videos or on instagram and then gain an income from that product they may have to declare it.
By law there's lots of things they should do, but don't because they think they're above it all.

They all operate as limited companies right? And expenses are a bit different compared to self employed? My accountant wouldn't even let me expense the rent of a second bedroom as an office (she said it would be classified as income🤷‍♀️). Maybe they have accounts that are pretty lapse and they don't bother declaring all the gifted things instead of payment. Lydia similarly said she gets gifted so much she can't remember and said it didn't matter as "normal" people don't care about things like that IIRC.

Reactions: 10
“Tough time privately offline?” Lydia- since you clearly read here: WE’RE ALL HAVING A bleeping TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW.

People are losing loved ones, losing their jobs or their businesses, struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table and you think you have it tough?

Get a bleeping grip of yourself. You put out a shitter of a product and asked £50+ for it simply because you felt like you could. You live in a house where no expense is spared as someone else will pay for anything your heart desires, you have your health and a husband who loves you. A team of people fawning over you. It doesn’t matter if this sorry excuse for a business isn’t successful as someone else’s hard work or your own materialistic greed will keep you in the lifestyle you have unfortunately become accustomed to. Just delete those nasty comments and bullshit that it was a success. It doesn’t matter. I’m sure your next tough time will be deciding what size Louis Vuitton trunk you need to beg for or maybe in deciding what shade of £50 paint you need to get the decorators in for to redo a wall you did six months ago?

Meanwhile those who have lost actual livelihoods here in the real world will wonder how they are going to bounce back from this, if at all.

You are where you all solely because you were one of the lucky few who makes it as an influencer. You make a pretty picture or video and put words on a screen. That’s it. If Instagram/YouTube became obsolete where would you be? Living back in the real world perhaps? However would you manage!

So cut the tit. Look around you. Recognise how bloody privileged you are. Sob stories aren’t going to work now. People are seeing through influencers and you are a perfect example.

Tough times? You don’t know the bleeping meaning of the word.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
By law there's lots of things they should do, but don't because they think they're above it all.

They all operate as limited companies right? And expenses are a bit different compared to self employed? My accountant wouldn't even let me expense the rent of a second bedroom as an office (she said it would be classified as income🤷‍♀️). Maybe they have accounts that are pretty lapse and they don't bother declaring all the gifted things instead of payment. Lydia similarly said she gets gifted so much she can't remember and said it didn't matter as "normal" people don't care about things like that IIRC.
In the case of influencer work trading as a limited company or self employed doesn't make too much of a difference unless they go bankrupt. If they are are a limited company they are not held personally responsible for it. the rule of tax deductibles still aplies and any tools or equipment the purchase must solely be for their work to claim it as an expense. So they can't just go buy a bunch of clothes or furniture and claim it as a business expense (unless its office furniture) as they will be using it for personal use too.
Lydia is an idiot and I hope she as well as Josie and the many like them get caught.

Are you self employed, is the bedroom converted to an office for yourself? As I know you can't charge yourself rent (if that makes sense) in a house/flat you already own or live in.

Reactions: 9
I agree. She’s just such a liar. I felt so bad for Fleur who had a miscarriage in lockdown (I did too so I really related) and it was brave of her to talk about it on her channel. Lydia pretending ‘private stuff’ has happened to her as well, when we all know this is to gain sympathy post globy gate, is actually offensive
Brave of you too, hope you're ok x x

Reactions: 8
“Tough time privately offline?” Lydia- since you clearly read here: WE’RE ALL HAVING A bleeping TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW.

People are losing loved ones, losing their jobs or their businesses, struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table and you think you have it tough?

Get a bleeping grip of yourself. You put out a shitter of a product and asked £50+ for it simply because you felt like you could. You live in a house where no expense is spared as someone else will pay for anything your heart desires, you have your health and a husband who loves you. A team of people fawning over you. It doesn’t matter if this sorry excuse for a business isn’t successful as someone else’s hard work or your own materialistic greed will keep you in the lifestyle you have unfortunately become accustomed to. Just delete those nasty comments and bullshit that it was a success. It doesn’t matter. I’m sure your next tough time will be deciding what size Louis Vuitton trunk you need to beg for or maybe in deciding what shade of £50 paint you need to get the decorators in for to redo a wall you did six months ago?

Meanwhile those who have lost actual livelihoods here in the real world will wonder how they are going to bounce back from this, if at all.

You are where you all solely because you were one of the lucky few who makes it as an influencer. You make a pretty picture or video and put words on a screen. That’s it. If Instagram/YouTube became obsolete where would you be? Living back in the real world perhaps? However would you manage!

So cut the tit. Look around you. Recognise how bloody privileged you are. Sob stories aren’t going to work now. People are seeing through influencers and you are a perfect example.

Tough times? You don’t know the bleeping meaning of the word.
Absolutely brilliant response. I really hope she reads this!

"Tough time private offline" Give us a damn break. Her content hasn't slowed down at all. She's just unable or unwilling to admit she made a mistake using cheap products as her first brand launch. I think she's seeing she got scammed herself. She probably does not allow product returns because she cannot return to the supplier. If she got returns, she'd have to burn it in her so-called "woodland."

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When did she say this???
In one of her vlogs when she first started talking about her launch, I can’t remember which one. She said people couldn’t ignore her anymore and would have to work with her, something along those lines 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Now this is what I really hate. Instead Of holding her hands up and just saying ‘you know what guys, I got it wrong, I’m upset with myself with the whole Glóby disaster etc etc’ and actual address what’s happened with her actual FANS and subs that have literally put money in her pocket, lapped up all her recommendations and BS, enabled her to buy the bungalow and afforded her this gifted lifestyle, And shown them some respect, but no! She would rather block everyone that mentions it, stop comments, bury her head and then come out with this bleeping attention seeking, sympathy garnering post!!

She may as well log onto FB, put a sad face, wait for all the ‘u ok Hun?’ posts and reply ‘will DM you babe’. Pathetic!! She can’t even handle this without trying to divert and deflect and yet wants to be a ‘boss babe’? Oh do piss off and come back when you’re ready to play with the grown ups Lydia.
Yes! Ya know, if she did that... showed some humility, I really respect her more.

Reactions: 11
If they don't and they get caught they are pretty fucked 🙈

She technically isn't allowed to write her Dior bag off even if she uses it for work and posts 100 photos of it, as it wouldn't be considered a uniform just an everyday piece of clothing.

Clothing expenses
You can claim allowable business expenses for:
  • uniforms
  • protective clothing needed for your work
  • costumes for actors or entertainers
You cannot claim for everyday clothing (even if you wear it for work).

I wouldn't say there are many grey areas as there are some pretty straight forward rules regarding it, it's just that they twist the rules to suit themselves and have yet to be caught out for it.

They should keep every receipt and contract, that should clear up any confusion as I'd assume for either of them the pile of contracts would be a lot bigger than the pile of receipts.
Well they are all clowns so I guess they can declare everything as costumes.🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.