Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello to all the Newbies that have joined us over the last couple of days.
We're glad you have seen the REAL Lidl!

If you'd like to see a bit more of the real Lidl, i.e. without filters and photoshop or her dress sense when she was "edgy" or her Ibiza days when she was a GoGo dancer/Promotion Girl... then check out these.

https://lydiaemillen.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lydiamillen
https://lookbook.nu/lydiaelisemillen
I am dying with laughter ahhh that made me feel so much better

Reactions: 4
I wouldn't put much stock in that Trustpilot page I've always felt it was off. Most likely set up by some saddo wanting to mess about.

It also needs bearing in mind that whether or not a Trustpilot page for a company is claimed or unclaimed, like the GloByLydia one isn't, one can still post reviews on there as and when they want. You just need an email address and a name (can be a fake name) to sign up and submit. You're not asked for proof of purchase/service or ID, etc.

And with that I'm off to rouse my boyfriend into watching One Born Every Minute 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think for consumers purchasing from online businesses the rules are different, distance selling where you've not physically seen the product in person. There's normally a cooling off period where you can cancel, normally 14 days I think.
Yes you can cancel but a lot of the time the item has already been shipped so you would still need to send the item back, the cooling off period refers to the fact that online stores have to allow returns within 14 days (most allow 28 days) if you've changed your mind, for whatever reason because you haven't seen the product. Unless it's a personalised item (this has to be made clear when purchasing). Unlike brick and mortar stores where they legally don't have to except an item back because you've just changed your mind. If you buy a product online or in store and it breaks within 6 months you are entitled to a refund or with any electrical items you have 12 months.

Glo would have to refund any customers if they send the product back with the reason that they had just changed their mind.

Reactions: 9
Josie hearts a lot of comments without reading them, she has been known to even heart comments criticising her as well 😂 I think she just blindly hearts the first 100 comments so it looks like she is interacting with her viewers and then after a few hours she goes in and deletes all her negative comments.
Yes noticed that and lots of criticism comments about Lidle she heated too 🤣😂

From what I can vaguely remember, this lamp costs about £3000, if you buy an original. Its featured in Aynhoe Park, which I think is where Lidl and Aldi got married. I wonder if that's why Lidl wanted one years back
I think she will definitely buy it now! 🤣

Reactions: 8
They literally spoil everything and make them seem, well, common and overexposed. Diptyque candles, Hermes blankets and cushions, Hermes bags, beautiful coffee table books, Chanel, Jo Malone, Bottega Veneta, Dior and many more I can't think of at the moment.
Everything they touch turns chavvy

Burning all the leftover stock of Globy to hide the evidence 👀
Her hopes and dreams.

Reactions: 11
Whatever her previous looks she has beautiful blue eyes. She is stunning IMO. I know lovely Tattlers this is not a rave thread!
She is pretty not sure if I’d say “stunning” there’s definitely more “naturally” stunning people, but everyone likes different things so that’s alright.
I just can’t deal with the attitude of her. What’s with screenshot of her being shady about how she saved and bought bags at uni? If she’s so slick at business just tell people. There’s no way you can buy thousands of pounds worth of bags on a uni loan or side job even if you ate packet noodles and only drank water the entire time?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There’s no way you can buy thousands of pounds worth of bags on a uni loan or side job even if you ate packet noodles and only drank water the entire time?!
Probably credit card, I know she said previously she never had a credit card until recently (a few years) but she most likely did as I don't know how else she would have built the credit to get a mortgage on her first house. Even with Ali's help, as they look at both of your financial history.

I don't think she is stunning personally i think she's far from it...but thats my personal opinion. I agree the colour of her eyes is nice and I think she had nice hair but thats where it all ends for me. Her makeup also ages her terribly she puts on such a heavy load the only place I have seen young girls put that much makeup on a daily basis was in Dubai. Anyhow I find her features too masculine and her figure shapeless and to skinny, I also think all the extra enhancements fillers don't suit her.

Reactions: 25
Glo would have to refund any customers if they send the product back with the reason that they had just changed their mind.
I agree, but this is where I think a lot of people have done the charge backs because it says in Glo’s T&Cs specifically that you are not entitled to a refund if you just change your mind!

Imagine trying to deal with this amateur tit show and get your money back off them when they delete comments and refuse to respond to people. Lydia clearly thinks she is above the law and it would be such a headache trying to argue that you’re legally entitled to return the products for a refund. She would be like ‘nope, it says in the terms.....’

Much easier to do a charge back and let the banks deal with her and her ‘team’s’ incompetence.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree, but this is where I think a lot of people have done the charge backs because it says in Glo’s T&Cs specifically that you are not entitled to a refund if you just change your mind!

Imagine trying to deal with this amateur tit show and get your money back off them when they delete comments and refuse to respond to people. Lydia clearly thinks she is above the law and it would be such a headache trying to argue that you’re legally entitled to return the products for a refund. She would be like ‘nope, it says in the terms.....’

Much easier to do a charge back and let the banks deal with her and her ‘team’s’ incompetence.
I've just looked on the site under FAQs and Exchange and returns and I can not see where that is written!

Reactions: 1
She’s so passive aggressive! But don’t worry I’m not following you on anything!
Heavens I just had to go and check and she really did post this. Her product is definitely not sold out or she would be crowing about all the negative nellies who were soo nasty, just look how wrong they were, the kits have all sold. She was right they were wrong. She is in full defence mode instead of ignore or defend mode.

Reactions: 8

By law she has to allow people to return the kit if they change their mind, because they have not seen it in person before purchasing. This below is from Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you bought the item online, over the phone or by mail order
You automatically get a 14-day ‘cooling-off period’ when you buy something you haven’t seen in person - unless it’s bespoke or made to measure.

The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn’t need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.

You won’t get a cooling-off period when you buy:

• something that deteriorates quickly - like flowers or food
  • an item that was personalised or custom-made for you
  • anything from a private individual rather than a business
  • a CD, DVD or software, if you break the seal on the wrapping
If you paid for standard delivery when you bought something, the seller has to refund this if you return it. If you chose a more expensive delivery option, you'll have to pay the difference.

Use your cooling-off period
You need to tell the seller you don’t want the item within 14 days of receiving it. Once you’ve told the seller, you’ve got another 14 days to actually send the item back.

You can use our template letter to let the seller know you’re cancelling. Keep a copy so you’ve got proof you sent it.

You could also phone - but make sure you make a note of who you speak to and what was agreed. It’s a good idea to follow up with a letter or email.

Sellers must give you certain information when you buy something without seeing it in person. This includes their business address and phone number, and details of your right to cancel. If you didn’t get this in writing (they’re allowed to send it by email) then your cooling off period is increased even further, to a year and 14 days.

14 days is the absolute minimum cooling-off period that a seller must give you. Make sure you check the terms and conditions in case they’ve given you more time to change your mind - many choose to do so.

Maybe you forgot to @ me. The charge back I asked for is completely genuine. As a member of any bank and when purchasing with a credit card for a transaction over £100 ( I ordered two sets of the set) the bank will step in to protect you when a purchase has been made & the goal posts have changed.

They will then deal with the company on my behalf and follow up on damage limitation (cancelling the order). I was able to do this because I acted quickly and had proof I tried to contact Glo numerous times to avoid them sending me the kits and to avoid me having to spend money on returning the kits. Glo didn't reply.

If you want to educate yourself I asked for a charge back under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
A chargeback is slightly different from Section 75.

Any item purchased on a debit or credit card provides the purchaser with ‘chargeback rights’ So in this case if you purchased an item and it was found to be counterfeit or not for for purpose or missold you can ask the bank to do a chargeback. Technically you have to make the item available for collection, but if you have a mastercard, the actual rules are really lax, you can literally email the company and say ‘the item is available for collection’ and not even have to physically send it back. The bank give you a refund and then raise the dispute to the merchant who have 45 days to counter argue. Generally the customer wins.

Section 75 rights are generally used when a chargeback isn’t applicable (you only have a limited time to claim chargeback)

S75 can be claimed up to 6 years. The item or service has to be worth £100 or more in one go and misrepresentation proven (and only applies if it was purchased on a credit card, no debit) This is why you should always put part of a big purchase on credit because of the rights afforded to you under S75 eg a new kitchen/ holiday etc. As Lydias bags are £50 you wouldn’t be covered under S75 (which is why the chargeback rights are useful!)

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 10
Absolutely, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen an of jackmates videos, he’s quite entertaining and calls out a lot of ‘influencers’ mainly Zoella, Alfie Reyes and other people like them, he says that whilst when youtube started We were just simply viewers watching someone who was like the ‘girl next door’, it has turned into this big business where these people are now multimillionaires and we aren’t viewers anymore we are customers, who see through their tit
I discovered Jack when I was looking for the Zoela calendar thing, he did a fabulous review, would love to see him do the same about Globy. I also liked that he said the old old comment about critics just being JEALOUS was just rubbish.

From what I can vaguely remember, this lamp costs about £3000, if you buy an original. Its featured in Aynhoe Park, which I think is where Lidl and Aldi got married. I wonder if that's why Lidl wanted one years back
that's just a home for spiders

• Haha
I've just looked on the site under FAQs and Exchange and returns and I can not see where that is written!
well it’s been removed then as it was definitely there before. On the night of her launch someone screen shot it and Put it on here and it listed the reasons you were entitled to a refund (faulty) and the reasons you were not entitled to one and it said you’re only entitled if your product is faulty, you return within 14 days posted 1st class recorded delivery. No return for ‘changing your mind’.

Clearly she’s realised she has to offer refunds and taken that out of her terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I remember her Ibiza days, she thought she was Megan fox. Does anyone remember her scruffy ex? Grant???

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.