Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree ... I'm absolutely convinced she intentionally selected YouTubers that would be star-struck by getting a "press product" from her, and with St. Tropez filling it with goodies they don't normally get, they would be giddy and give her glo-ing unboxing videos. After the fact she probably realized (or Cawwie pointed out the obvious to her) that it was a selfish slight to her fellow influencer "friends" so she feigned that it was a surprised to her. She is so shady and fake. She has no credibility whatsoever ... and it's even worse after #globygate, as if that was even possible!

Yes, in the US some programs have minors. In my case I earned an electrical engineering degree, so it was just one subject ... and then got my MBA, again one subject. So it depends on what you pursue and what you want to do. Appreciate helping me understand the system in UK.
then it's even different between Scotland and England! (but that's not important, just making it known) 😃

Reactions: 5
I agree ... I'm absolutely convinced she intentionally selected YouTubers that would be star-struck by getting a "press product" from her, and with St. Tropez filling it with goodies they don't normally get, they would be giddy and give her glo-ing unboxing videos. After the fact she probably realized (or Cawwie pointed out the obvious to her) that it was a selfish slight to her fellow influencer "friends" so she feigned that it was a surprised to her. She is so shady and fake. She has no credibility whatsoever ... and it's even worse after #globygate, as if that was even possible!
Have there been any unboxings from Black or POC influencers? Because these products are inclusive and can be used to apply body oil or moisturizer!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
***HIRING*** Chief Comment Deleter. My staff can't keep up. Silly moos, this is all their fault anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Have there been any unboxings from Black or POC influencers? Because these products are inclusive and can be used to apply body oil or moisturizer!
She didn’t send Patricia Bright a PR toolkit not Chanel Ambrose who she mentioned in her flog last night. I wouldn’t even waste my time trying the toolkit even if I got it for free! (I’m PoC). I would I use a proper loofah to
Exfoliate or a back brush with bristles and my own hands which are free to apply moisturiser or body oil. Irony is she prefers her hands to apply foundation that she seems to rub on her face like face cream??!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She’s so passive aggressive! But don’t worry I’m not following you on anything!
OH MY GOSH! I can't believe she posted that. She's melting down for sure. What a big baby. She doesn't even have a shred of remorse for how badly this went? She's just digging in deeper.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Is it possible that she's plea-bargained, so in order to get their money back, they need to remove the negative review, so it's not Trust Pilot that has suspended them, it's the person that wrote it that's removed it?
Totally possible. I had this happen to me. I wrote a less than glowing review and the owner called me up to see what had gone wrong, apologised profusely and offered to rectify things. He then asked if I would mind removing my review, which I did.

I don’t, however, believe for one second that any apology would have been offered from the Glóby team. More like ‘we know where you live’.

Reactions: 15
Her whole attitude STINKS! She’s not got a shred of humility in her. She can’t admit when she’s wrong or when something hasn’t gone to plan. She’s so hard faced it’s actually crazy. Just admit the mistakes you’ve made woman! Have some sort of responsibility. Her true colours and well and truly showing up during this whole debacle. ‘Erase and delete as appropriate’ is obv her life motto

Reactions: 22

I have never seen a Lidl threads move so fast as these one and can barely keep up! I have read every one of the posts, and this is what I’m thinking-

1. Lidl is lazy, and Elementary Brands probably reached out to Cawee with this brainstorm to make a brand since Lidl is such a popular YTer. As the Tattle sleuths quickly discovered, Elementary Brands is shady as tit and used pictures from other brands to trumpet their influencer-branded offerings. So dumb move on Lidl and Cawee’s part to climb into bed with Elementary, as they’re lazy too and clearly terrible at what they are supposed to be doing. Plus they never promoted her. What kind of company doesn’t promote their own clients?

2. Lidl is known for her tanning, and her skin care obsession that never really hits the mark, so for her to have a tanning product is not strange, and as a WOC I’m not the least bit offended. (And bad luck for her on the BLM timing). Now, this idea that everything has to be “inclusive” is just dumb and unrealistic, however...

3. Everyone has skin. Sure, we WOCs don’t usually fake tan unless we’re less melanated but no one wants ashy skin, so we do exfoliate. She never once focused on explaining how the exfoliation part worked, what made her exfoliating back belt and glove better than anything else she’s tried, how her product is gentle but effective on all skins, showed why buffing lotion into your skin works better than just using your hands (she could have used her own legs as a right and left comparison at the end of a day...maybe the mitts and belt don’t absorb the lotion much and buff in the lotion better for a longer lasting “glo”...who knows because she couldn’t be arsed to show us) or even enclosed a laundry bag for washing, so that the rest of your laundry doesn’t get pulls from the rough bits.

4. She should have had a facial mist with SPF included in the bag. Because no one wants to mess up their makeup to reapply, and it’s recommended that everyone use SPF, especially after exfoliating. Even melanin-rich skins.

5. That heavy carrying case? No. The idea of putting wet shower fabric products in there to mildew and stink makes me vom. I bet that’s the part she liked the best though. Because she could stamp “Lydia” on the zippers. Anyone who travels knows you put liquids and creams and wet bits in a large plastic zip lock bags so that you can lie them flat.

6. Lidl’s problem is that she doesn’t think things through. She could have salvaged this even after BLM by doing the work and before and after videos and head to head comparisons with cheap Poundland exfoliating or tanning tat and actually having the factories make her pieces to a better spec but she didn’t. She took laziest route possible. Plus if she’d had it made in London, what with most people wanting to avoid made in China these days, she could justify the price.

7. Like her wedding, Lydiot squandered a golden content opportunity. She could have made so many videos about her developing her product, meetings, etc without 100% giving it away but building a little hype. Instead we got the same damn unboxings and tidying up and beige food and faffing rooms and more temporary redecorating and Josie envy.

I hadn’t posted in a long time and didn’t mean for this to turn into a rant but thank you for hearing me out!

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I’m not surprised Lydia Elise Millen has not addressed the issues with GlobyLydia. She really never seemed invested in it. From the cheap last minute photos, stock standard products from Aliexpress, non existent promotion she didn’t put in any time or any money.

I think she enjoyed the “idea” of having her own personal brand and having her photos on everything because she is passionate about Lydia Elise Millen and money. She wants to call herself a boss babe but never actually does anything of value. Every thing Lydia Elise Millen produces is low effort/no effort.

Vlogs are the easiest, lowest form of entertainment. Minimal editing, no planning, just her rambling on about nothing, knocking about the bungalow. She has become accustomed to doing very little and getting paid for it. That does not work with a new brand/business.

Lydia Elise Millen realised there’s actual work to be done and when mistakes are made you have to do things to fix them. Lydia Elise Millen was not designed for hard work, heck she wasn’t designed for ANY work. She is the exact type who would marry for money so she can sit on her butt and spend someone else’s hard earned cash.

What I do love about the blocking and deleting is it funnels everyone over here. The great awakening is upon us. This is not just an awakening to Lydia Elise Millens dirty deeds and deception but the influencer community at large. So thank you Lydia Elise Millen for being the catalyst for us all having the blinders removed from our eyes.

P.S. Don’t be shy to use all Lydia Elise Millens keywords so people can find us as we chat about Lydia Elise Millen and GlobyLydia - the great Globshite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I’m not surprised Lydia Elise Millen has not addressed the issues with GlobyLydia. She really never seemed invested in it. From the cheap last minute photos, stock standard products from Aliexpress, non existent promotion she didn’t put in any time or any money.

I think she enjoyed the “idea” of having her own personal brand and having her photos on everything because she is passionate about Lydia Elise Millen and money. She wants to call herself a boss babe but never actually does anything of value. Every thing Lydia Elise Millen produces is low effort/no effort.

Vlogs are the easiest, lowest form of entertainment. Minimal editing, no planning, just her rambling on about nothing, knocking about the bungalow. She has become accustomed to doing very little and getting paid for it. That does not work with a new brand/business.

Lydia Elise Millen realised there’s actual work to be done and when mistakes are made you have to do things to fix them. Lydia Elise Millen was not designed for hard work, heck she wasn’t designed for ANY work. She is the exact type who would marry for money so she can sit on her butt and spend someone else’s hard earned cash.

What I do love about the blocking and deleting is it funnels everyone over here. The great awakening is upon us. This is not just an awakening to Lydia Elise Millens dirty deeds and deception but the influencer community at large. So thank you Lydia Elise Millen for being the catalyst for us all having the blinders removed from our eyes.

P.S. Don’t be shy to use all Lydia Elise Millens keywords so people can find us as we chat about Lydia Elise Millen and GlobyLydia - the great Globshite.

without a doubt Glo by Lydia Elise Millen has been an ego trip, a vanity project. If it was a real business Lydia wouldn't have muted Glo on her Youtube account or have Glo By Lydia Elise Millen Instagram comments closed. Incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She didn’t send Patricia Bright a PR toolkit not Chanel Ambrose who she mentioned in her flog last night. I wouldn’t even waste my time trying the toolkit even if I got it for free! (I’m PoC). I would I use a proper loofah to
Exfoliate or a back brush with bristles and my own hands which are free to apply moisturiser or body oil. Irony is she prefers her hands to apply foundation that she seems to rub on her face like face cream??!
Patricia doesn't mix her words. She would say it was tit if she thought it was tit 😂

Reactions: 14

100% agree. She wants to act like she's so independent and a "boss" where in fact Ali is her backbone and she pays her friend to do tit she doesn't want to.

I've been self employed for 9 years with my own business and if only I could switch off at 5pm like she does. You're never not working or thinking about work. It's so insulting that she thinks she can palm a cheap product off and we'd all bite. Then when questions are raised she just simply ignores it all.

I'm returning to work on saturday after over 3 months off, living on savings and my clients are being an absolute pain in the arse about not wanting to wear masks. If only I could ignore all that 😂 but then you want to please people and keep their custom so you find solutions.

She would never cope in business. And eco friendly when you have 2 gas gusling cars? I have a 62 reg car with 115k miles on it cuz I commute so much and their is no point me buying a flash car when it would cut into profits. She again wouldn't understand that.

Bloody women grinds my gears. She needs to address this issue or nobody will ever invest in anything she says ever again.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Love this quote!

To be honest these "luxury" influencers have put me off designer brands permanently. Watching adults fall over themselves for ugly items made in sweatshops, purely to present a successful aesthetic is anything but aspirational.

The "Influencer" world is the new Ponzi scheme.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
It's a big day as by request Ali gets his own thread, but will it ever make it to page 2?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.