Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember how she works hard... how wake up early to drive to the gym before wedding.... i remember when she run in over the knees boots to catch the train to London for meet Ups. Came home so late and wake up before 6 next day. I loved when she use Loreal mascara for i think a year and i trust her and buy it. The same with Milano blush. What a times.
I loved when she do 10 Must have items on autumn and she really wore them to death. I remember carmel stella mccartney coat, smart boots. She looks like Power woman. I stoped watching her vlogs when she go to maldives and coachella because she looks horrible then . I took a break from her for a few times. Then I came back. I loved her modern looks, ponytails, tailored shoes, green jacket. Last summer her iconic summer looks (chloe inspired) has changed she wore so much jeans and tshirt, also wedges - Very inspired by emma hill and she tell about. No shame. I love it too. First weird thing for me was when she bought 3 christmas trees and had help from a girl from an instagram to decorate it to looks like trees from this person house. Where is this person now... she now have new obsessions. Claire. In one year no one will remember about it. It was also weird when she received cartier pen. And why on her birthdays she always tell what she is going to get from ali. Why never get a gift on actual birthday day. They have so much money and never do surprises for each other. Me and my husband when had extra money always do each other some surprise.. it was also weird when they dont go on honey moon. I know when you buying a house its hard. I am not reach and currently on process of buying a house, had wedding last summer and i am going for some mini vacations this year and did it last year.... i am not mean holidays in fancy hotels in Positano. Last year 2 weeks in italy, this year croatia by car with friends. One Dior bag and you can have amazing euro trip or few weeks in south Europe..... it was also weird when she talks she dont want to have kids a week after desi told her story for the first time. The same time emma hill told she dont have kids because she love her bags too much - i unfollow her then. Now when desi will be a mother she start to talking that she is planning to have a child. You should make this decIsions with ali. I think he would love to have a kid. I think he will be a fun dad. It could be the best for them to have a child now... maybe she will change when become bother. Hope so. I am really sad that i am spending time here not watching her vlog instead of skipping timeline... i am only watching only 3 YouTube channel regulary and i feel like i lost afriend

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I have no idea.
The only thing I think that was planned with any calculated strategy was who she sent PR. She figured she already shared audiences with ITF, Fashion Blah Blah (i'm terrible with names, sorry), and Patricia Bright, so no need to send them PR. Instead sent to small influencer (similar, but because much smaller, higher engagement, more likely to be influenced), Lorna (has more followers so wants in on that) and some friend of Lorna's (probably doesn't have her fans so will start to muscle in on those). Friends who didn't support her by buying the product themselves would be relegated to the "bad friend" "women not supporting women" bin so she didn't have to send PR to them. It's just a theory.
I really don’t get why would she even bother with PR, considering she has 850 000 followers and only 2300 kits to shill (which have already “successfully sold out”). She cannot re-stock. Not at this time. Supply chains are interrupted. It will take her months to get more mitts from China.

Reactions: 7
I'm trying to work out which fulfilment company she could be using where they're being sent out with the sample tanning stuff for first 500 AND for some PR packages to be sent out with extra st tropez products, which even surprises Lydia. For the packers to put those extras in for PR, she would have had to supply those products. It shouldn't be a surprise, yet it was.

And for st tropez to be advertising her product, even though their products aren't technically part of the tanner kit?

There is nothing 'independent' about any of this.
It's clear that the St Tropez team sent out the press packs. There must have been £60 or £70 worth of product in them plus the £50 tanning kit...ooops I mean tool kit...
St Tropez were also offering a discount on their products through Cult Beauty so it was all about driving people to their brand. A win/win situation.
If I received a press pack and was told it had been sent to punters for £50 I would think it was a bargain!!! It's disgusting that St Tropez colluded with her when the 'press' should have received exactly the same item to review.
It wouldn't surprise me if St Tropez lent her their mailing services as the product went out surprisingly quickly!

Reactions: 14
I wonder if she actually got in trouble for some reason, over the naming of Globy and actually had to withdraw it from the market?? She has promised to withdraw it and never mention it again.
Honestly, it would be less embarrassing for her to say she shelved all remaining stock due to legal issues with the branding and copyright than for her to admit that she had to do it because NO ONE WANTS TO BUY HER PRODUCT. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's deleted every negative comment from instagram and her normal you tube vlogs, yet these all still remain under the launch vlog, quite unlike her!

Not sure how, but she seems to have a whole new audience of commenters under last nights vlog. Older people, people into gardening, the comments are quite different to normal i think.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
She's deleted every negative comment from instagram and her normal you tube vlogs, yet these all still remain under the launch vlog, quite unlike her!

Not sure how, but she seems to have a whole new audience of commenters under last nights vlog. Older people, people into gardening, the comments are quite different to normal i think.
That audience is all that’s left in the comments because her ‘target market’ has had all their valid criticisms silenced by Lady Julia.

Do you keep the product too? Did you raise a complaint? 😂😂😂
I think that she will get a charge back because the credit card refunded you. I have an Etsy shop and when they had an active forum the sellers who had charge backs were livid at the cost. They lost their product, shipping costs, and were charged by the bank. I always tell buyers if they are not happy just return it and usually 9 out of 10 keep the item.

Reactions: 9
4 hundred + posts to read on this thread 😂🤣

This must have been what it felt like to be one of Lydia’s witches on the Glo Instagram account, rushing to catch up but knowing they’d keep on coming 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So, perhaps this is a difference in terminology between UK and US universities. This article sounds like she took one "course" ... to me, that is just one class vs. completing an entire program to earn a degree. Is that right???
In the UK you choose one subject for the degree. I think in the states you choose minors and majors? So for example I did law in the UK.

Reactions: 5
Just a theory and don’t want this to come across as pot stirring but something I’ve been thinking of;

- I think she made out she has been to uni for a full undergraduate to seem more credible in her line of work. We all know how ITF likes to declare her credibles and how much Lydia likes to oversell basic things (Court yard, powder room etc).
- The last frantic vlog I watched was after BLM and postponement of GLOBBY where she was erratic and going at 150mph. Possible CBD supplement or other substance she uses to get through hard time’s and carry on as business as usual?

• Heart
No, she has definitely changed. We've all witnessed it happen. As soon as she moved to the bungalow and as soon as she started collating her 'team" it all got to her head. At the same time her social circle started to shrink, she distanced herself from many fellow vloggers, started attending less events etc and has just slowly over time closed herself off into her bubble surrounded by her enablers.
I truly can't ever see her being a mother. Harsh as it sounds, Lydia is the centre of Lydia's world and she is far too selfish for that to ever change. She's even jealous that Lumi gets more attention from Ali than she does. I just can't see how she could adapt around a child's routine, when she makes everyone around her adapt to hers. She behaves like a child herself. If they do decide to have a child then good luck to them both. I think Ali would make a great dad. Time will tell...
So funny you say this because - as a new mum - I have thought the exact same thing. Obviously this is nothing about whether she wants a child or not, just thinking about if she DID. Booooy would she struggle. Not having control over everything and not being able to do anything for yourself when you want. I think, given the difficulty she has with mental health around her periods, that she would also get serious baby blues. Again nothing wrong with they - I had baby blues - I just think it would be a hell of an education on selflessness for her. However, she would probably have a night nurse/full time nanny. I wish I could! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I totally agree with you. Her older vlogs are so good, she's really bubbly and happy. Her and Ali seem like a giddy young couple which is so sweet and seeing her now, mind it's only a two year difference, you'd think they were a different couple.

That house changed her, she was a normal girl with nice things before.

She said on last night's vlog, I forget people who follow me aren't like me. Well even people like her, with equivalent money wouldn't pay £360 for flip flops and £700 on a dress or you'll soon be back with the 3 bed semi my dear 🙄

Reactions: 27
its funny you say that, in one of her previous blogs, when she went to Lon for the dentist, the way she was talking about the most basic COVID measures was baffling. Going on and on about not seeing people out, everyone was wearing a mask - her dentists and people at the dentistry wearing PPE... like wat. OFCOURSE they were taking the right measures, what in the world was she expecting, a bloody carnival for her presence?! She even mentioned living in a bubble, but like.. does she watch the news?? The amount of ignorance that came through during that one-minute chat wasss just BEYOND :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
OMG you literally wrote exactly what I was thinking when I watched that. Yes Lydia, this is how the rest of the world is now working and dealing with covid. Which by the way Lydia is not now over!!! 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really don’t get why would she even bother with PR, considering she has 850 000 followers and only 2300 kits to shill (which have already “successfully sold out”). She cannot re-stock. Not at this time. Supply chains are interrupted. It will take her months to get more mitts from China.
But most likely there are hundreds of kits, or dare I say 'Edit No. 2' in some warehouse in MK 🙈

Wouldn't load up

Reactions: 10
Has anyone asked her why she's blocked the company name on YouTube? Like in the comments or via Instagram

Reactions: 6
Honestly, it would be less embarrassing for her to say she shelved all remaining stock due to legal issues with the branding and copyright than for her to admit that she had to do it because NO ONE WANTS TO BUY HER PRODUCT. 😂😂😂
Don't go giving her any more ideas 🙈

I think she's not deleted comments under the launch vlog because this is the video that will get reported the most to YouTube for being misleading. So if she deletes all the negative comments from it, it looks worse on her and so YouTube are more likely to investigate and remove her video!. Don't forget YouTube is her main platform and if that goes, it'll cause her more damage than anything else.

Either that or it was Cawwie's day off yesterday 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think she hasn't deleted the comments so when we get a sobbing video she can say "Look at nasty all the trolls were"

Reactions: 10
I think it's just the way its worded but allegedly she has a degree which would have taken about 3 years to complete but I'm still not convinced

Edit: Upon closer inspection this must have been the course she did:
Top up your HND or diploma with this one year intensive course, designed to give you a direct route into management and marketing careers. Our BA Marketing Management Top Up focuses on the latest marketing practices used by successful organisations competing in today’s increasingly complex digital and global markets.

Entry Requirements: You will need to hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent (Edexcel, ABE, NCC) or Foundation Degree in a related field.

As it's the only marketing course you can do without an A-level or B-Teq equivalent and it isn't a degree :unsure:
Not too sure if someone has already answered this as I’ve not read that far yet but can you get a degree without A-levels (I have one!). It’s not something you can do without experience in the field your working in, but if you’re an adult learner the uni will usually accept your experience in place of A-levels (it typically has to be substantial experience and not like 1 week in the workplace) 🙈

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.