Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as Vic (in the frow) annoys the hell out of and is another hypocrite when it comes to sustainability, consumerism, fakery etc, I have to admit, what she is doing in regard to launching her ‘brand’ is embarrassing Lydia even more.

She’s done that poll to start with, then she’s been asking about what people prefer in terms of packaging and getting feedback and also made a point of saying that she wants as much interaction with viewers so that she creates something that she knows people will want and will be as excited as her. She also said that after feedback from viewers she’s made big changes etc.

I really am no fan of hers at all and often pipe up on her thread, but the fact she’s doing the complete opposite of what Lydia has done and is making such a big deal out of wanting to get feedback and creating something people may want, I can’t help but think, either it’s just really unfortunate timing that Vic’s bestie’s launch has failed massively and she’s unintentionally making Lydia look even worse by doing what Lydia SHOULD have done, ...... OR....... she’s actually being passive aggressive and subtly trying to twist the knife!!

Either way, she’s doing a great job of making Lydia look greedy and amateur

Reactions: 28
As much as Vic (in the frow) annoys the hell out of and is another hypocrite when it comes to sustainability, consumerism, fakery etc, I have to admit, what she is doing in regard to launching her ‘brand’ is embarrassing Lydia even more.

She’s done that poll to start with, then she’s been asking about what people prefer in terms of packaging and getting feedback and also made a point of saying that she wants as much interaction with viewers so that she creates something that she knows people will want and will be as excited as her. She also said that after feedback from viewers she’s made big changes etc.

I really am no fan of hers at all and often pipe up on her thread, but the fact she’s doing the complete opposite of what Lydia has done and is making such a big deal out of wanting to get feedback and creating something people may want, I can’t help but think, either it’s just really unfortunate timing that Vic’s bestie’s launch has failed massively and she’s unintentionally making Lydia look even worse by doing what Lydia SHOULD have done, ...... OR....... she’s actually being passive aggressive and subtly trying to twist the knife!!

Either way, she’s doing a great job of making Lydia look greedy and amateur
Like her or not, ITF has a work ethic and knows what her job entails. Lydia has no clue what her job actually is and refuses to do any real work. On top of that, Lydia snaps at anyone who says anything that questions her like a brain-damaged rattlesnake.

I don't think Victoria is doing that to "make Lydia look bad". I think Victoria just wants to make an effort and do a good job because this is her job and she wants to be good at it.

Reactions: 17
With all this crap she goes on about regarding glowing skin and feeling good when her skin is good, her diet is absolutely shocking. Remember when Carrie alluded to Lydia pretending to eat soup when she asked if Lydia had tipped her bowl back into the pot. Then another time Ali was showing off one of their takeaway roasts and said something like 'I've taken all the veg because Lydia won't eat it' and her plate was literally a beige mess.

If you're gonna preach skincare surely the most elementary aspect is to have a diet rich in colourful fruit and veg? Instead her meals consist of pasta, chicken nuggets and roasts without the veg. An occasional smoothie (not offered to her husband) or the occasional awful looking thermomix curry. I've not seen any meal other than that on any of her vlogs for at least a year. Also no fruit bowl in the kitchen, to me that's so strange.
The multicolored fruit in the bowl wouldn't go with her style though!
Unless she painted them white and black?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I had to comment as I know you want to know. Long time lurker on this thread. Someone I follow on insta ordered the kit and they have posted it today on their stories as it arrived. The inside does say independent tanner and the box is the old brand name.

And of course we are not surprised at this!

So she can be reported to Trading standards and maybe other organisations because the item she is selling, is not the item you receive. Even though the product is the same, the company name and details on the box are different, and the name of the kit is different. This must infringe something???? Anyone know?

Reactions: 16
I think I have sussed out the separate sofa thing... I truly believe that Aldi doesn't read Tattle- he's clearly aware of it, and probably encourages her to stay away from the site. I believe thats when she has her Tattlefests. Lying on a separate couch whilst Ali is occupied by the television - so she can gorge on what's being discussed and to prepare her for the next days' vlogging etc..

I say this- because a couple of times in Aldi's blogs- he has caught her on the couch so engrossed on her phone that she hasn't even noticed she's in shot. I know its a minor observation- but I'm convinced of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
ITF has a PhD in fashion marketing if I remember correctly. All PhDs are rooted in meticulous research and fact finding so I think she has an advantage over Lyds as understands the importance of researching what your consumer wants. Lyd's made a massive mistake not revealing what it is she was making until launch day.She incorrectly assumed she knew better than anyone. Lyd's thinking is based on 'my audience will buy whatever I tell them to buy', ITF is more 'I will produce what my audience wants me to produce'. Massive distinction between the two.
Market research can make or break a company.

Reactions: 40
The globy account is re posting the first minions receiving their orders!

Reactions: 9
lol if you press the tagged pictures icon on Glóby you see :

View attachment 166692
View attachment 166693
Slightly off topic - what is that white top she is wearing? It’s hideous!

ITF has a PhD in fashion marketing if I remember correctly. All PhDs are rooted in meticulous research and fact finding so I think she has an advantage over Lyds as understands the importance of researching what your consumer wants. Lyd's made a massive mistake not revealing what it is she was making until launch day.She incorrectly assumed she knew better than anyone. Lyd's thinking is based on 'my audience will buy whatever I tell them to buy', ITF is more 'I will produce what my audience wants me to produce'. Massive distinction between the two.
Exactly. ITF seems to work hard. She doesn’t grate on me as much as others, although her lifestyle is definitely not sustainable!

Reactions: 5
Ok so my theory is after the first 500 (who got the free 100ml of ST tanner) they’ve pulled the rest as it’s a complete rip off.

Maybe they’ll release the rest of the stock when they have more to put in it or reduce the price. Or maybe she only ordered 500 ish?

whats everyone else thinking? They def didn’t sell 1,600 units over night?

Reactions: 14
Like her or not, ITF has a work ethic and knows what her job entails. Lydia has no clue what her job actually is and refuses to do any real work. On top of that, Lydia snaps at anyone who says anything that questions her like a brain-damaged rattlesnake.

I don't think Victoria is doing that to "make Lydia look bad". I think Victoria just wants to make an effort and do a good job because this is her job and she wants to be good at it.
Yes, agree, I think the timing is really bad because everything vic is doing is what Lydia should have done and in the aftermath of Lydia’s tit show, it’s just highlighting what a mess Lydia has made of all this. Unintentional, but still making Lydia look worse!
Lydia was more bothered about keeping everything a secret and banking on the gullible parting with £50 Without question, where as Vic has said she knows it’s not going to be a huge suprise but at least she knows it is something catered towards what her audience wants.

Reactions: 10

I agree, I like Victorias vlogs, I think she has far more talent than Lydia and when you compare her photographs to Lydias they are chalk and cheese. The thing I find about Victorias pix is she can look (her face/expression) soo different from one shot to the next. I said this on an earlier thread Victoria shows of the clothes Lydia shows of her body, of course this could have something to do with the photographer ;-) Victoria is very professional with the clothing and her vlogs are very real.

Too busy to delete all the new negative comments on Youtube! There are some good ones!

• Haha
lol if you press the tagged pictures icon on Glóby you see :

View attachment 166692
View attachment 166693
Who has done this, did she do this herself??

I am sure I saw one of Lidls followers say she would buy tit from her or words to that affect. When you look at your posts and all you see it people telling you your a queen and amazing and gorgeous and beautiful and stunning etc etc its got to go to your head to the point you think your godlike.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Who has done this, did she do this herself??

I am sure I saw one of Lidls followers say she would buy tit from her or words to that affect. When you look at your posts and all you see it people telling you your a queen and amazing and gorgeous and beautiful and stunning etc etc its got to go to your head to the point you think your godlike.
I recall reading that post - can’t remember exactly what she said but I astonished someone would say that!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.