Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she's not posted on her instastories until 3 hours ago, about Ali gifting her some gardening bits that Ali had shown on his instastories 7 hours ago, saying he's using the gardening bits!! Do they even communicate????
She's obviously spent all day trying to sort her mess out, eventually deciding to pretend globy is sold out, then got back on her stories to try and deflect by showing her wedding dress again *yawn*, music she's listening to and a bloody checklist.

I have never been so excited to wake up on a Monday and watch the next episode of this shitshow

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Watched Frows vlog and she is going on about making sure she involves her followers in the creative process of her brand, really wanting to know their opinion as she wants them to be just as excited about the launch as she is. She also wants it to be environmentally friendly. 😂 😂 Obviously she's taken note of this weekends disaster!
It's really quite something that Lydia didn't do any of this, isn't it? I remember Victoria put up a very quick survey with one of her vlogs- it took all of a few minutes to complete (asking your preferences on fabrics, colours etc). It would have took Carrie about half an hour to compile some questions and make one. Imagine how much it really would have helped her with questions like these:

1) Do you fake tan?
2) Do you fake tan regularly? If not, why?
3) What items are essential to you when tanning?
4) What price point would you find acceptable for indvidual tanning accessories? (EG: £5-10, 10-20, 20-40, 50 plus)

If she wanted to try and conceal that it was a fake tan kit, she could have thrown in a few questions based on skincare/skin routines, too (perhaps would have been useful for future launches). Ultimately, it wouldn't have been as big of a 'surprise', but at least the products would have been better received, marketed at the right price and she would have known to break the kit up into more saleable parts (EG: a two part exfoliating kit, a two part tanning kit, a bundle of both with either a discount and/or the toiletries bag). She would have also known immediately by the poll that a large chunk of her follower-base weren't fake tanners/darker skinned/couldn't use the products due to having skin conditions, etc, and would have been able to come up with another product which was more inclusive. She would also have been able to ask questions surrounding sustainablity and immediately found out that plastic tat from China was a no-go.

Reactions: 32
I’m so angry that she is using mental health because people have an opinion that she doesn’t like. I lost my 5 year old daughter 23 years ago and have suffered with PTSD since. There are days I cannot function but I have not and never will use my mental state if I don’t like an opinion on something I do or say. How low can you go. #be kind does not mean agreeing with everyone who says something you don’t like. Free speech is important because sometimes we need to hear the truth whether we like it or not. It’s the only way we will grow as human beings. Right I’m hitting the yoga mat. 🤬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Hello to all the Newbies that have joined us over the last couple of days.
We're glad you have seen the REAL Lidl!

If you'd like to see a bit more of the real Lidl, i.e. without filters and photoshop or her dress sense when she was "edgy" or her Ibiza days when she was a GoGo dancer/Promotion Girl... then check out these.

https://lydiaemillen.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lydiamillen
https://lookbook.nu/lydiaelisemillen
New member here, previously lurking. I had to comment ( hopefully I am doing quoting option right, dont eat me alive if not) because of this photo: STRIP CLUBS AND DOLLAR BILLS?? She titled her post ”Strip Clubs and $$$$” clearly seeing her future 7 years ago....

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Well Lydia’s been awfully quiet over the last few days since the BIG LAUNCH hasn’t she? Has she even shown herself on camera? 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What point on inthefrow's vlog does she mention Lydia? Cba to watch it, her husband cringes me out

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's really quite something that Lydia didn't do any of this, isn't it? I remember Victoria put up a very quick survey with one of her vlogs- it took all of a few minutes to complete (asking your preferences on fabrics, colours etc). It would have took Carrie about half an hour to compile some questions and make one. Imagine how much it really would have helped her with questions like these:

1) Do you fake tan?
4) What price point would you find acceptable for indvidual tanning accessories? (EG: £5-10, 10-20, 20-40, 50 plus)

If she wanted to try and conceal that it was a fake tan kit, she could have thrown in a few questions based on skincare/skin routines, too (perhaps would have been useful for future launches). Ultimately, it wouldn't have been as big of a 'surprise', but at least the products would have been better received, marketed at the right price and she would have known to break the kit up into more saleable parts (EG: a two part exfoliating kit, a two part tanning kit, a bundle of both with either a discount and/or the toiletries bag). She would have also known immediately by the poll that a large chunk of her follower-base weren't fake tanners/darker skinned/couldn't use the products due to having skin conditions, etc, and would have been able to come up with another product which was more inclusive. She would also have been able to ask questions surrounding sustainablity and immediately found out that plastic tat from China was a no-go.
I really don't understand her need/obsession with wanting to keep every aspect of globy a surprise! When you keep something super secretive, it just builds the suspense even more and people expect more. She probably thought it would be so groundbreaking that had she exposed more of her product, some other influencer would have copied it 🙄. What with her being leader of the pack and all that 🙄

I’m so angry that she is using mental health because people have an opinion that she doesn’t like. I lost my 5 year old daughter 23 years ago and have suffered with PTSD since. There are days I cannot function but I have not and never will use my mental state if I don’t like an opinion on something I do or say. How low can you go. #be kind does not mean agreeing with everyone who says something you don’t like. Free speech is important because sometimes we need to hear the truth whether we like it or not. It’s the only way we will grow as human beings. Right I’m hitting the yoga mat. 🤬
I'm so sorry about your daughter 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
One of the additional reasons this launch has been a farce was witnessed on her Globby page. An IG'er (that was a woman of colour) stated that they felt disappointed that the first product launched wasn't aimed at ALL women. After how she waxed LYRICAL about POSTPONING the launch because of the importance of the BAME movement- she ended up launching a product that EXCLUDED them. WHAT A JOKE. And the biggest irony of all is that its a product that aims for a DEEPER skin tone. Women of colour rolled their eyes EVERYWHERE. A thread was developing fast from other WOC agreeing and liking the comments about this..... Lidl blocking the comments was for MANY reasons. Baggie Eyed Carrie can temporarily get a break from deleting comments.

Reactions: 33
One of her latest stories is a checklist for things to do in the morning, first one ‘wake up early, like before 8’ this is what pisses me off about ‘influencers’ they don’t live in the real world. In what world is anytime before 8 am considered early (obviously times before 8am are early haha but what I mean is, say 7am might be ‘early’ for ‘influencers‘ but for the majority of people this is just a normal time to wake up
This annoys me, too. Lydia doesn't understand how much of a charmed life she really lives. She can get up early no problem because she can go to bed early that evening. She has no commute in the morning to rush to get ready for, but instead can sit, relax and make herself a leisurely breakfast. She doesn't have to leave the house to go to 'work'- simply walk down some stairs. If she wants to go for a run, she can push work back an hour or two. She has a team of people to do all the work she doesn't want to do for her (negotiating deals, editing and all that 'boring' stuff). That leaves her with an entire day to play house. And, even then, she only does the 'fun' bits because she out sources the maintenence of her home to cleaning staff, etc. In the evening, of course she can cook a 'fancy' dinner, because she's done nothing but potter around the house all day rearranging plant pots. It's not as if she's tired. And, because Ali is at home with her, anything that her employees wouldn't do for her, that she still doesn't want to do, Ali will. Then, when she's not playing house, she's playing dress up. The last time I remember even vaguely doing her little try-loads-on-pose-in-the-mirror was when I was about 23 (when I had no mortgage, no kids and nothing else to do when I wasn't working).

It's obviously entirely her own choice to continue with this career, not have children and whatnot, but she genuinely is so out of touch with her viewer base that, clearly, £50 is worth the same to her as about £5 to us. She simply forgets that the majority of her viewers are women who are either just out of school/university and looking for work, women just starting their careers and on starting salaries, or women who have children and more than likely either work part time hours and/or in lower paid flexi-work to work around childcare. Of course, some of her viewers will be well off and easily able to afford the £50 price tag, but would they really want to buy it from her? And, for the rest of us- £50 is a huge chunk off my weekly food shop. If I'm spending £50 on myself, it sure as hell is going to be on something more exciting than a bloody tanning mitt set.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
One of her latest stories is a checklist for things to do in the morning, first one ‘wake up early, like before 8’ this is what pisses me off about ‘influencers’ they don’t live in the real world. In what world is anytime before 8 am considered early (obviously times before 8am are early haha but what I mean is, say 7am might be ‘early’ for ‘influencers‘ but for the majority of people this is just a normal time to wake up
the checklist pisses me off, she's so ableist it sickens me. I have disabilities and struggle to get up early because I sleep terribly, I can't do the exercises she's saying we should do. She never even considers the possibility that some people might struggle with any of that. She clearly only has able-bodied friends white friends. Her inability to think beyond herself is incredible.

So she's not posted on her instastories until 3 hours ago, about Ali gifting her some gardening bits that Ali had shown on his instastories 7 hours ago, saying he's using the gardening bits!! Do they even communicate????
She's obviously spent all day trying to sort her mess out, eventually deciding to pretend globy is sold out, then got back on her stories to try and deflect by showing her wedding dress again *yawn*, music she's listening to and a bloody checklist.

I have never been so excited to wake up on a Monday and watch the next episode of this shitshow
Glo team tomorrow morning at their meeting

1) Do you fake tan?

she's so in tune with her audience though, she doesn't need to ask any questions!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Has she not received any flowers or pressies from the companies (other than St. Tropez) that sponsor her, congratulating her on her new launch???
No flowers or pressies from fellow influencers saying well done?? Isn't that the norm in their world whenever anyone launches anything new??
Speaks volumes

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Much love @Maisie doats such a horrendous experience, love and hugs ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
New member here, previously lurking. I had to comment ( hopefully I am doing quoting option right, dont eat me alive if not) because of this photo: STRIP CLUBS AND DOLLAR BILLS?? She titled her post ”Strip Clubs and $$$$” clearly seeing her future 7 years ago....
I had no idea of her past... fake ass ho.. omg she acts so self righteous and above all and all prim and miss British Suzie homemaker with business sense and style 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 she rips off others ideas , clearly has no business sense and is basically a cleaned up ho who struck it lucky.. 👎🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
So that last thread was a bit hefty wasn't it? I have learnt a lot of big words on here recently. I like that our learning is reciprocal though. In turn I've taught you all how to add up to 50. I don't know why you all keep trying to give me marketing advice though. You silly moos. Glóby has been successful beyond my wildest dreams. A total sell out at precisely 8.24am BST time. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. I was receiving so much positive feedback over on the Glóby account, I had to deactivate all the comments. It just wasn't fair to any other businesses launching who could have felt inferior in comparison. Not only do all my followers and peers appreciate the luxe behind this 4 hard-working tool kit, but now the actual government does also. If you didn't already know, they're now removing UK quarantines from all major European destinations to allow you all to make use of your Glóby travel tool kit. I'm grateful that BoJo shares my mission to empower all women everywhere. Well the ones who line my pocket at least.

I'm not gonna lie (for once) I was pretty livid that I had to upload a story to actually explain the concept behind Glóby. I always said my followers were stoopy, it's not a reflection on me obviously. And on a Saturday too. I'm so hard-working during the week, I have to take weekends off to recuperate you see. Sometimes Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Sometimes Fridays too. Depending if I'm on my daily period or you know just need a break. I think you've all underestimated my creativity however. It's obviously got lost in translation. Good things come to those who wait you know. I had 30 back mitts to test after all. Some actually came with 2 gloves so that took even longer. It takes time when you only shower once every 8 days. None of you are clearly as sustainable as me. It's very important to conserve water you know. I also can't help but feel you've being a little critical of late. But if I can tame wolves, then I can easily tame a few haters. I only block people for their own good. It's all about empowering people. And that Elle Belle telling me how to do my job, doesn't she know I have a marketing degree and been in the business for 8-9 years. And pretending to wish me a happy birthday, not genuine at all, she didn't even send me a birthday present.

I don't just empower people, but whole countries too. China has been losing lots of business after this pandemic fiasco so I'm only helping them out. I don't know what the issue is? I've made the back mitts out of black plastic not black bats. And because I bought in bulk from China, I qualified for free P&P. Well that isn't fair on Royal Mail is it? I like to give back to the economy so I've ensured I've charged you all inflated delivery costs, even if you only live down the road in Buckinghamshire like me. I'm not discriminate.

And I don't know why you all keep disrespecting Cawwiee's career. She won't find a boss babe as creative, innovative or hard-working as me. I even let her use our kitchen, not her own, to make us lunch. And didn't you know I saved up all my pennies to buy her a Gucci bag? Her very own. I'm surprised she doesn't sleep with it at night, especially after I drove Where's Wally away. She's not for sharing. Anyway she won't dare leave me. She knows I wouldn't write her a glóing reference (told you I was innovative) if she did. I'd sabotage her new job. Or get Lumi to do it. On this note, St. Tropez have also outed me by sending extra freebies to other influencers. Why didn't I get all the freebies? I tan too. Well to show them who's boss I've unfollowed them on insta and started promoting By Terry's new instant tan instead. It's a wash off version. I obviously want to be conscious of not wasting product so I'll leave it on for six days. Minimum. I like to thoroughly test products, as you know with my luxe back mitts.

Anyway I've got to to go now. My proud husband has my pasta and whispering angel ready downstairs. We're celebrating did you know? Don't forget to swipe up and hit buy. Oh scrap that. I forgot Glóby's sold out now. To real customers. So there! Stay tuned...
fabulous elle, I had been sooo looking forward to this :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to be at my desk at 7.30 to 8....and no, I wasn't working from home! It was after a commute into London. And I didn't need a checklist! She's so out of touch!

Reactions: 22
Why all the secrecy? Because she knew damn well that her “product” would not be perceived well.
She mastered the art of building up interest around her brand partnerships, but decided not to do it for her own brand?

• Sick
Reactions: 10
She’s such a fake person... what a liar pretending her products are sold out...
SHE CAN LIE TO US but... imagine KNOWING YOUR HUSBAND and the people around you KNOW ABOUT YOUR LIES.
It’s embarrassing and horrible. Personally, I know you would all agree that I would do the right thing because my mother, my family, my husband taught me better and I want to own up to my mistakes if I made any and DO BETTER.
And say Ali is in on it, hell, maybe it’s his idea for her to lie because he’s just as bad as her, imagine knowing you have a husband who is such an enabler and a liar just like you.
She has no integrity or morals. It’s so sick to see.
She posts pictures of her wedding? - Maybe it’s because they’re always arguing atm that’s why...
They say couples post pics together a lot in the most fragile moments of their relationship as a way to self soothe and reassure that everything is okay when it’s not.
Lydia, out of all the reasons we hate you, I think most of all, I feel sorry for you because as the narcissist you are, there’s nothing in your soul. If we took off the curtains on the stage you’re on, there’s nothing there. You’re an empty shell of a human. No soul. No integrity.

I agree she is fake at times and she lies. But I do not hate Lydia...I hate she is deceitful.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.