Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BeccaBanana

VIP Member
If someone makes a youtube video about her can she get it taken down?
No, not unless they use any of her footage, in which case she can issue a copyright strike against you which is not good. I don’t know the ins and outs but copyright strike allegations mean that YT will demonetise or take down a video while they investigate the allegation. It’s a trick that a lot of YouTubers do against drama channels that use clips of their videos in their own videos and it almost paralyses them. Something like 2 copyright strikes and your channel just gets taken down altogether.

like I say, I don’t know the details but I’ve heard so many people say that Copyright strikes are used to sabotage and stop people, but on the whole, if you just made a video about her without using any footage, she can’t get you to take it down. Just send her flying monkeys to attack instead!!

Reactions: 8

Brunette_

Chatty Member
So Lornaluxe has finally 'reviewed' globy, and I use that term very loosely. This is it..... she just mentions she's going to use the kit and that's it..no picture of it, does not show a thing and in the rest of her story continues to plug a cult beauty discount code...hahhahahaahhahahhhahahhahah. And she was one that Lydia sent a PR pack too!! Good call Lydia!!! Even ITF put more effort into it than that!! 👍🏼👍🏼
They do not want people’s “hate“ to come their way too.

K18

VIP Member
I can't believe she just randomly decided to talk about her audience, their differences from her, what we each find valuable, etc.
I also notice how edited his video seems. She's so fidgety. I get the impression that she's trying to be sly here and act like she came to these conclusions on her own and they weren't a result of the GLO fiasco and all the things that people have mentioned here. She plays us for fools... and...I watched. Cha-ching... more money in her pocket. Bad publicity makes her money, too. I can't look away from the train-wreck.
Yes that was really weird! She went from saying how she has learnt a lot from the murder of george floyd and that she needs to include plus size clothing options and she needs to be careful when showing alcohol in her videos because some her viewers are underage and aren't all like her. Apparently this all linked back to her mentioning the cotswold wine she bought at the garden centre 🙈 Can't figure if I'm more confused from what she said or if she is for saying it!

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Credit to Josie, she did do a good review, good visuals which sadly made the items look crappier than I actually thought they were. When I was looking the other day for the items from Alibaba I kept thinking to be fair Lydias are probably better quality, the cheapies I was looking at were a bit dodgy but after seeing Josies review globy bits do look just as crappy and the Alibaba ones.
She could make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

OhMyGosh!

thank you, now I don’t feel so bad haha. I don’t believe that every brand or product has to be inclusive for absolutely everybody on earth, I don’t even think this is possible..so in this regard I would say that it’s just unfortunate for Lydia that she has launched at this specific moment in time. Having said that, she shot herself in the foot by initially claiming that everybody could use it, when clearly.. not everyone is going to have a use for it, and also by now saying that it’s not only for fake tan but any product you want! This would be fine, if it wasn’t blatantly obvious that this was never the original intention
Yes, very true. Not all products are for everyone. But wouldn't you want to have your very first product be attractive to as many people as possible?
It's just all strange. 🤯

Oona

Have now managed to suffer some more of it and you guys, I’m laughing at how bad this stuff is.

First, placing worth on travel has an intrinsic value in terms of memories, experiencing different cultures, seeing the world. Is she really trying to compare that to some pathetic looking flipflop, and a scrunchie?! By all means spend money on shoes, but she’s trying to act like this is an all singing and dancing shoe?!? It’s just a flip flop. Surely this is satirical...sorry for my shock but this is my first experience of one of her vlogs so my mind is blown. That said, her tanning kit was just a tanning kit...you would think though that she’d surely see the irony in having this discussion after her flop of a launch. Even if it was filmed before #globygate, you’d just not include it surely?!

You can tell though that she’s desperate to demonstrate how luxe she is. Anyone who can spend that much money on flip flops wouldn’t need to justify it, because for them spending that on a flip flop is normal and the equivalent to what the rest of us would spend on the high street.

Final point, what a pathetic cheeseboard.
Pathetic looking flipflop?!? Those are 360 pound Calypso Leather Thong Sandals!! :-D

• Haha

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
She’s so passive aggressive! But don’t worry I’m not following you on anything!
Heavens I just had to go and check and she really did post this. Her product is definitely not sold out or she would be crowing about all the negative nellies who were soo nasty, just look how wrong they were, the kits have all sold. She was right they were wrong. She is in full defence mode instead of ignore or defend mode.

Lola Faith

VIP Member
hmm the cynical me thinks she mentioned it was vlog day this morning so we all think she's uploading, and wouldn't be surprised if we get a message on twitter in an hour saying internet problems! :unsure:

Catie miller

Something weird is going on, there are 2 new reviews on trust pilot both today, and the ones that were there yesterday have disappeared. I think someone screen shot them though. So i don't know why they are disappearing because Lydia has not claimed the site address yet.
Agree the two from yesterday have been deleted. Hmm have to keep eyes on this 👀

I assumed that she maybe bought the item and the zipper was broken? Must agree the wording is little bit confusing, first starts off as friends bought and then the zip is faulty.
Not sure, but this seems to be the reason they want to seek advice: “Also they changed the name of the product just after launch, so I think we have been illegally sold these products, and I intend to seek advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.“
Selling something as Glo by Lydia... but then the item comes as Glo Beauty Co? Isn’t that cause for seeking advice, or is it absolutely legal?
I could understand if Glo Beauty Co is a subsidiary of Glo by Lydia or vice verse but there’s no mention of a connection on Glo website.
on their website under T&C:
We are GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen (registered name LEM BEAUTY LTD), company number 11847060 and with registered address The Stable Yard Vicarage Road, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK11 1BN ("GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen", "GLÓ by Lydia", "We" or "Us").
Dear me, some people are silly. I don’t understand why they simply don’t return the product- she does have a return policy and if it’s faulty statutory rights remain so they can get a refund. Glo is a trading name her company name is LEM Beauty Ltd. the Glo Beauty & Co was also intended to be a trading name - yes she’s used the old packaging but unlikely she will be sued by the trademark holder of the company with similar name. They only cause of action they have if their statutory rights have been breached if GLo refuse to replace the faulty product or give a refund. You don’t just waste the time of CAB for something like this! Silly follower who liked Lidl and even more silly bought and overpriced product!

K18

VIP Member
What though if they've tried to contact the company and are just getting ignored? If they've asked on her Insta or YouTube and had their comments deleted, so aren't confident that their complaint will be dealt with in a professional way? Granted there are ways of complaining and most companies you would do it that way, but her response to this has not helped her own situation. It's almost as if instead of dealing with complaints or getting her team to do that, she's busy digging herself a hole.

I agree that I too would wait for them to reply, give them time, but if English isn't your first language and you're struggling with the website terms, which do seem quite fluid, it was maybe a knee-jerk reaction to do a chargeback. Also, Lydia behaving not like a Bossbabe over this hasn't helped the situation.
Yes I agree, it does say on their website they require 1-3 business days for you to receive an answer so technically they still have 1 more day, I assume the customers just panicked after seeing all the negative messages and wanted to cancel their orders. I don't think Lydia has a separate team for glo so Carrie and George are most likely struggling with the extra work load they now have hence the delay in responses 🙈 Many companies don't allow you to cancel an order once its been placed, I've only experienced being able to do this with either ASOS or feel unique (can't remember which one) Most companies just tell you to return it once you receive it.

coriander

VIP Member
Ok so I managed to snap the paperwork inside the box ... sorry it’s a bit blurry but I managed to read it ok.
Definitely a tan kit.
There’s meant to be a video on Lydias channel to demonstrate how to use.
this girl got it as a “freebie” tooView attachment 166751View attachment 166749View attachment 166750

also I’ve just realised, she says it’s a Freebie but doesn’t have all the press release items from St Tropez. 🤔🤔 just the small bottle that the first 500 we’re getting 🤔
So some of the online “sales” must be freebies. I’m guessing bloggers received a code or something to enable them to “purchase” through the website to get them for free.
View attachment 166756
More crap to harm the environment, honestly this picture gives me a headache.