Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Hello - so since the launch happened I have been reading everything on here, YouTube and IG. I’ve become obsessed. I also was one of the minions that did indeed buy Lydia’s product. I received it today and before I give my review I wanted to say - in the hope Lydia or her “team” are reading - the following:

1) It is really really obvious that you all did a unified “fuck” when BLM could not be ignored by you. At first not going ahead with a launch because it detracted from raising awareness of BLM seemed totally reasonable and in fact quite on the pulse for someone like Lydia. But now it is blatantly clear that you had to revise your offer so it didn’t so obviously exclude POC. So you put your heads together and decided that “doi” - light bulb moment - black people could use this kit to put on moisturiser! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ So you quickly revised the blurb etc. However, you must have totally forgotten that the tag inside the bag still says independent tanner.
2) Putting a high price tag on something that may not in fact be of that monetary value is the norm today. You need to make dem $$ bills Lyds. Buuuut, what usually makes people buy things regardless of price is the hype around the product, the thinking they are purchasing something that is desired by other people, the feeling that owning it gives a person. Etc. Now I look back I wonder why I parted with my money (which came to 60 something pounds FYI). The lack of care, attention and professionalism put into this launch is embarrassing. It would be bearable if you were starting out, saving money by getting your partner to do photos and you setting up the website yourself etc. But you are not starting out. You clearly take time to flog other peoples shit. You are - in my opinion - one of the more natural influencer floggers when it comes to running lines on a new product we should buy. Why did you f your own product promotion up so royally?
3) Be honest - did you seriously think this was the best first product to launch your own brand? I just don’t see you thinking that. Be truthful!
Ok now my review:

Opened box. Pulled out bag and said box was immediately placed on recycling pile. It’s nice opening a box but not worth it for this product.
Bag is fine. Def what you expect for free with other items but on the better side of the freebie bag spectrum.
Scrubbing stuff. Not used yet but looks standard and am sure works as standard. Ditto for the tanning stuff.
I do apply tan and whilst I can reach my own back I’m sure the back stuff will make for a quicker tanning routine.
Finally, this whole experience has left me enlightened. I no longer view these influencers with awe and a desire to follow their path. I’m intelligent and work on things that actually make a difference in this world. If Lydia and her people really thought this was a special product to spend time and money on then they are really very stupid people. Completely insular and thick. So whilst I will still watch the vlogs out of pure voyeurism, it will never be with the intention of emulating their lifestyle again. Probably will just be so I can participate here ☺
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on the product. You are not the only one obsessed with this!
Can I ask a couple of questions?
Did you receive the free tanner? Why did it cost more than £60...I'm confused? Was the postage more than £10? What made you buy it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Missmarpleknows

I assumed that she maybe bought the item and the zipper was broken? Must agree the wording is little bit confusing, first starts off as friends bought and then the zip is faulty.
Not sure, but this seems to be the reason they want to seek advice: “Also they changed the name of the product just after launch, so I think we have been illegally sold these products, and I intend to seek advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.“
Selling something as Glo by Lydia... but then the item comes as Glo Beauty Co? Isn’t that cause for seeking advice, or is it absolutely legal?
I could understand if Glo Beauty Co is a subsidiary of Glo by Lydia or vice verse but there’s no mention of a connection on Glo website.
on their website under T&C:
We are GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen (registered name LEM BEAUTY LTD), company number 11847060 and with registered address The Stable Yard Vicarage Road, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK11 1BN ("GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen", "GLÓ by Lydia", "We" or "Us").
It’s either an enraged minion or someone who bought it and has regret and has read somewhere in the all comments it’s illegal to change the name.

the whole thing had been a disaster though, how did she get it so wrong! I’ve not seen this amount of outrage since zoella’s Calender!

My2cents

Chatty Member
Such funny comments above - love them and @Elle Belle amazing as usual!

Blocking your own brand name from your youtube channel where you have an audience of supposedly 855,000 people, that is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Ladies she is unhinged, more unhinged than we ever thought possible. Poor Ali and Carrie must be on medication to deal with her and her rambling.

I think she needs to run a shopping channel because that is basically the only thing she can do, so i'm going to send her CV to QVC to see if they can find her a slot, in the middle of the night, so she can demonstrate gardening products, or sell fake tan.
Surely people HAVE to see these!?!?!? please let them see the liiiiight!!

• Haha

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Just saw it. She stressed she us a paying customer. Mitts are not individually wrapped or sealed. The bag looks awfully cheap. You can see the folds on the bag. Very disappointing the quality of the bag. The other item for the back looks fluffy that's kinda nice to be honest but again for a tenner not sure. ItF is lovely in her review but wouldnt say extremely or overly complimental.
Maybe she wasn't soo impressed because she didn't get one of the sets with the tanning products inside, she had to buy her own. Or maybe she wasn't impressed with the kit itself. From the angle she had filmed it it didn't look that impressive. I watched the woman with the long dark hair review a kit that had all the product in it and the kit itself looked better in her review.

Reactions: 7

Missmarpleknows

Ok so I managed to snap the paperwork inside the box ... sorry it’s a bit blurry but I managed to read it ok.
Definitely a tan kit.
There’s meant to be a video on Lydias channel to demonstrate how to use.
this girl got it as a “freebie” tooView attachment 166751View attachment 166749View attachment 166750

also I’ve just realised, she says it’s a Freebie but doesn’t have all the press release items from St Tropez. 🤔🤔 just the small bottle that the first 500 we’re getting 🤔
So some of the online “sales” must be freebies. I’m guessing bloggers received a code or something to enable them to “purchase” through the website to get them for free.
View attachment 166756
I think the freebie she’s mentioning is the 100ml pf st tropez. She was one of the 500 to get one included.

Brunette_

Chatty Member
I have no idea.
The only thing I think that was planned with any calculated strategy was who she sent PR. She figured she already shared audiences with ITF, Fashion Blah Blah (i'm terrible with names, sorry), and Patricia Bright, so no need to send them PR. Instead sent to small influencer (similar, but because much smaller, higher engagement, more likely to be influenced), Lorna (has more followers so wants in on that) and some friend of Lorna's (probably doesn't have her fans so will start to muscle in on those). Friends who didn't support her by buying the product themselves would be relegated to the "bad friend" "women not supporting women" bin so she didn't have to send PR to them. It's just a theory.
I really don’t get why would she even bother with PR, considering she has 850 000 followers and only 2300 kits to shill (which have already “successfully sold out”). She cannot re-stock. Not at this time. Supply chains are interrupted. It will take her months to get more mitts from China.

EllaEllaElla

I wouldn't put much stock in that Trustpilot page I've always felt it was off. Most likely set up by some saddo wanting to mess about.

It also needs bearing in mind that whether or not a Trustpilot page for a company is claimed or unclaimed, like the GloByLydia one isn't, one can still post reviews on there as and when they want. You just need an email address and a name (can be a fake name) to sign up and submit. You're not asked for proof of purchase/service or ID, etc.

And with that I'm off to rouse my boyfriend into watching One Born Every Minute 😁

• Haha

EB1

I honestly think the vlog was filmed from Friday just gone and over this weekend. I just feel that everything she discussed, her being frantic and the red eyes just made sense considering what happened on Thursday. She just looked so deflated on the Friday. Could be wrong though. I think that had globy gone well we would not have had this video today.

Miss Trunchbull

VIP Member
she’s also not posted about the new vlog on her main account - she normally spams us with shots of her minions watching her videos .. also globylydia is losing followers...

View attachment 170592
she’s also not posted about the new vlog on her main account - she normally spams us with shots of her minions watching her videos .. also globylydia is losing followers...

View attachment 170592
how can she gain nearly 6000 new followers in one day given what’s happening on subsequent days? My guess is all new followers are bought and the red figures are the real ones.....sad times 😆

MissAHxx

Hello to all the Newbies that have joined us over the last couple of days.
We're glad you have seen the REAL Lidl!

If you'd like to see a bit more of the real Lidl, i.e. without filters and photoshop or her dress sense when she was "edgy" or her Ibiza days when she was a GoGo dancer/Promotion Girl... then check out these.

https://lydiaemillen.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lydiamillen
https://lookbook.nu/lydiaelisemillen
Jesus you can tell she's had work done to her nose

Literally-Lou-Lou

It’s so pathetic! She sees Josie in her garden and the next minute Lydia is at it. It’s so unauthentic to keep changing your character. I wish she would just be true to herself.
I honestly don't think she has a sense of self ... beyond being a lazy slug on the sofa. Sad to be so lost at her age.

Missmarpleknows

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I think ITF and Josie also mentioned this brand. Makes me NOT want to buy from them. Forgot to disclose #gifted. Do they have to disclose if they have bought an item with a discount?? Or only if gifted?
They both bought it then Lydia babe had to buy their tat when they release it too!

Leeleebeb75

Josies new YT vlog is like one big advert for Glo. She really has gone into too much detail. She said it is not an #AD and she paid for the kit... yeah whatever Josie.