Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how long it will take for them to dispatch the orders seeing that even order confirmation e-mail “may take up to 24 hrs to show up in your Inbox”.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I was about to say the same thing! The fact that the factory has a ISO9001 Cert (ignoring the fact that ISO themselves don’t provide this certification so it would have come from a third party) means NOTHING. Just that it’s consistent cheap tat!
Same with BSCI - provides guidelines and approaches but it’s not an auditor.

I have a friend who ran a very successful business who’s products were sold in many UK nationwide retailers. The products were made in China and he visited about 3 times a year for about a month at a time meeting suppliers, doing audit checks, producing new designs and products. He left his wife and kids at home each time he went away, but he built a successful business which he’s now sold on and moved on his next venture!
But that would be too much hard work for GLÒÓBY
"GLÒÓBY"!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
It resembles Lydia, eyebrows and all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Copy pasted from AliBaba, which is always full of mistakes in item descriptions.
Sadly, often these accreditations that are quoted are not the case at all, people say what they think you want to hear. Send me photos of your factory so I can check the working conditions, etc, etc. You have no idea if it is actually their factory, or their mate's legitimate factory down the road making something completely different. I know this for a fact, unfortunately.

Reactions: 22
I’m very confused by the launch of the ‘Luxury’ brand. There are spelling mistakes on the website. You have to click about three links to find out what the project actually is. I thought it was tan but it’s just exfoliates and mits. For £50? In a pleather carry case? Why do you need to carry your tanning mit around in a pleather carry case. Too bulky for starters! You’d normally pack something like this flat in your case. Unless you’re just going to a naked tanning party and want to show off??? I’m most unimpressed by the spelling mistakes and poorly laid out website. Shows lack of any attention to detail and does not back up the luxury tag of the brand. How are these products any different than those you can buy much cheaper in boots or online? Seems like a narcissistic venture to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Its funny that she is always criticazing net a porter for unnecessary hangers, boxes with orders etc. I am pretty sure she is always saying „ Oh I hate all this boxes, hangers, covers and how many hangers do they think I need”. But box with her name is very important .... every woman needs one. There are rules and rules dont you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Also, the quote posted above from the brand thanking people for feedback and how the brand that’s just been launched is a huge opportunity to improve and do better? That’s really bizarre and implies to me they are not confident with their product.

Reactions: 22
I think Lydia and Carrie produced the website, perhaps with George/Dave's help or someone who does graphic design (badly, probably a 12 year old). It's full of their way of speaking, their spelling mistakes, bad grammar, mismatched typing, they managed to get the price changed late at night, and changed it from with tax to without tax, which is very very unusual on a UK website.

She's going to go very very quiet i think!

Reactions: 40
GLÒÓBY is luxury because she SAID SO as a BOSS aka DIFFICULT WOMAN.

Can’t wait to see more stolen, not referenced quotes on beige backgrounds about growth and oppourtunity.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think Lydia and Carrie produced the website, perhaps with George/Dave's help or someone who does graphic design (badly, probably a 12 year old). It's full of their way of speaking, their spelling mistakes, bad grammar, mismatched typing, they managed to get the price changed late at night, and changed it from with tax to without tax, which is very very unusual on a UK website.

She's going to go very very quiet i think!
That’s a real insult to Shopify as their templates are actually really good 🤣 I have a business website and it’s beautiful, Shopify makes it so easy.
I’m shook they managed to mess it up, it’s literally laid on a plate for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The extra cherry on top of this tit soufflé is the idea that with this being ‘Edit No.1’ she probably has 50000 of these cheap as tit kits in ‘her’ warehouse awaiting release ‘Edit No.2’ after selling out ‘Edit No.1’

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
The brand name and products don’t quite align for me. For white people, fake tan can be useful in warming the skin tone and hiding some skin imperfections. but too much tan always looks muddy and dirty, not glowing!

I would say tan can provide an ingredient for glowy skin if used subtly but it’s not the sole factor. Generally, clear skin that’s well hydrated looks glowy, often accentuated with highlight, bronzer or a mist or moisturiser. The brand name Glo would make me think of those products not a tanning mitt. Applying and maintaining a tan doesnt equal glow!

She’s put those stories on the Glo account explaining the product and it’s so underwhelming. People are literally going to open a vanity bag with four pieces of cloth inside. I cant imagine how disappointed youd feel after spending 50 quid.

i also wonder if Lidl gave Josie and Inthefrow codes to get theirs for free on the condition they look like they are buying it and screen shot the order? Either way, its clearly not drummed up more sales.

Reactions: 30
389BB4FF-A5A0-4A9E-BB4B-434F21F2C9F0.png

That’s it Lydia, you crack on pretending everything’s ok! She knows if she’s doesn’t post anything on her stories today people will KNOW she’s depressed. Notice how there’s no stories of her actual face thought?! Hmmm tired maybe??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
That’s a real insult to Shopify as their templates are actually really good 🤣 I have a business website and it’s beautiful, Shopify makes it so easy.
I’m shook they managed to mess it up, it’s literally laid on a plate for them.

Yep, but how can you be surprised at their incompetence?:unsure::cool::p

Reactions: 11
Sorry about my dodgy screen capturing BUT I am wondering who it is that's doing her text work, aligning, leading and capitalisation clearly don't need to be consistent in the world of GLO, along with the spelling.

I believe it's all her own handiwork. As badly written as all her blog posts. Her level of literacy is appalling.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.