Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she just sold it for £20 she could have still made a ridiculous influencer markup profit of £12ish a box sold. Then sold out and could be relaxing now without her reputation in a mess. Instead she wanted to make an obscene £42ish profit per box. She won't lose money on this, but she will damage her reputation and in the long run this will cost her dearly.

I really don't like the comments "Lydia I think your PR agency is failing you". As if Lydia was forced to do these scams and it wasn't all of her own free will that she willingly did despite knowing it was shady AF.

I stopped using plastic scrubbers years ago. All that microplastic is no good and you can get 100% natural and biodegradable brushes that I think work better (although there's some debate if the adhesive is biodegradable but at least the bristles, handle and bulk of it is).
Totally agree. Indeed this is all on Lydia. One thing I have learned is that when you are greedy, lazy and take short cuts it always costs you a lot more in the long run. It is not worthwhile.

I do not believe there was ever any other product. Lydia chose cheap and easy. She over embellished her “product development” like she embellishes everything. Lydia is a liar. She lies about the smallest things. Usually she gets away with it on her vlogs because she deletes anything that challenges her. This time she won’t get away with it because people actually have to part with their hard earned money, she has exposed herself.

This has really been an exercise in what NOT to do when launching a brand

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Confirmed it’s made in China...
ISO9001:2015 doesn’t mean a lot. 9001 is a Quality Management System - quality doesn’t just relate to a product, and it is absolutely NOT a QC management system (i.e. the product can still be craptastic and fall apart but come from an ISO9001:2015 accredited factory) - it’s Quality in the larger sense - that the factory has forms and procedures in place and can demonstrate it’s thought about things. Arguably, ISO14001 and 50001 are more important as they’re concerned with the environment and energy management, if she’s sooooo into sustainable products, this should have been at the top of her list (amongst other things!).
Sorry, boring bit of chat but by sticking this on the website, she’s clearly trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by using technical waffle which actually isn’t that impressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Confirmed it’s made in China...
She's never even been to China to inspect the factory or what they adhering to, she's selling plastic for fu*cks sake hardy anything high standard or sustainable ....she most likely found the contact on Aliexpress - they bought the gloves in pairs and are selling them individually ...it took her two years to come up with such a "genius idea" ......oh Lydia Lydia watching you fail has been a real pleasure cheers hunny 🍸 keep it coming

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
O please tell me again Lydia why anyone should pay £50 for a mitt that clearly isn’t doing it’s job! Tell me why anyone with common sense would use a tanning mitt to apply moisturiser and oil when we have hands to heat up the product and apply it ourselves? Try to convince me that this product isn’t a tanning kit and is inclusive to black women when you’re giving out a bottle fake tan with it and was originally called Independ(a)nt Tanner. Why are you lying about deleting comments which will inevitably lead people here? Do you really know which factories in China that your evolutionary tool kit was made in? Divulge- show us the manufacturing process. Convince me why I should choose your £50 kit when I can go and buy the luxe tanning mitt on the St Tropez website for £4. Tell me, what benefits will I get from applying my moisturiser with said mitt? Why is it that you’re asking your followers what the next step should be? Do you have a business plan in place, a marketing manager, any advisor of any kind? Your Instagram shows no pictures of the products just you touching yourself and playing with your hair with various white sheets - how does this translate to selling a tanning toolkit?

hahahhahaha idiot! What a tit show!!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
What I absolutely hate about influencers releasing products is the way most of them go about it - all me me me. Ok Lidl wants to release a brand, but why?! She has made absolutely no effort to gather feedback from viewers, who are the only people who would buy her products to begin with, just steamrolled through a stupid idea that was going to make her a profit. The website and marketing are littered with mistakes and inconsistencies, the products cheaply made in China, what gives her the right to think her product is worth £50? Just because she says so? She makes me sick...
this is so true. All the posts on the insta page and website are about Lidl! Even today, after all the criticism yesterday there are still no stories or posts showing the product, how you use it etc. It’s like she wanted a brand just to slap her own mug on.
Shes directing people to YouTube for more info because wants more views there, rather than having enough brand materials ready to showcase the product (because it’s crap and she thought it would sell on the strength of her image). So bloody arrogant!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
With her passion for black people she really thought "Orange Is The New Black" didn't she?. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 47
In all of her 3 hour feature length vlogs.....

Has she ever said she’s spent the morning exfoliating...like all empowered women do? Have we ever seen her moisturise with a mitt 😐

genuine question 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
You can still purchase 1800 'took kits' out of 2300. Major flop. The poor people who purchased this absolute useless product. Boohoo sell that tat for £5! She thought she'd make a quick 100k but it will be the end of her , like zoella . I'm surprised St Tropez, a reputable brand, have associated with this tit

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Where I work we get our products from China and they are worth a lot more than hers and they only cost £3-£4 i honestly think that set cost £1.50-£3 MAX to make genuinely

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Using one of the most liked posts from the last thread as a title :)

Continue here with the Glo by Lydia saga

2'300 glo by Lydia sets were put up for sale

490 sold in 19 hours

1'810 remain

850'000 people follow her
Morto for her 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If she just sold it for £20 she could have still made a ridiculous influencer markup profit of £12ish a box sold. Then sold out and could be relaxing now without her reputation in a mess. Instead she wanted to make an obscene £42ish profit per box. She won't lose money on this, but she will damage her reputation and in the long run this will cost her dearly.

I really don't like the comments "Lydia I think your PR agency is failing you". As if Lydia was forced to do these scams and it wasn't all of her own free will that she willingly did despite knowing it was shady AF.

I stopped using plastic scrubbers years ago. All that microplastic is no good and you can get 100% natural and biodegradable brushes that I think work better (although there's some debate if the adhesive is biodegradable but at least the bristles, handle and bulk of it is).
Oh which one do you recommend would be keen to switch c

Reactions: 6
I'm absolutely loving this!!! 😂😈

What a complete f*ck up of a launch!!!

We knew it was going to be sh*t but I never expected all her loyal gullible followers to be turning on her. It's brilliant. They're starting to see the real Lydia!

Us Tattlers couldn't have asked for this to go any better in my opinion. Mwahahahaha.

I haven't been able to do any funny photo edits because I'm so busy reading all the comments.

I wonder if St.Tropez will start deleting comments?

20200626_123705.jpg
20200626_130952.jpg
20200626_124059.jpg
20200626_131007.jpg
20200626_124357.jpg
20200626_131039.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
ISO9001:2015 doesn’t mean a lot. 9001 is a Quality Management System - quality doesn’t just relate to a product, and it is absolutely NOT a QC management system (i.e. the product can still be craptastic and fall apart but come from an ISO9001:2015 accredited factory) - it’s Quality in the larger sense - that the factory has forms and procedures in place and can demonstrate it’s thought about things. Arguably, ISO14001 and 50001 are more important as they’re concerned with the environment and energy management, if she’s sooooo into sustainable products, this should have been at the top of her list (amongst other things!).
Sorry, boring bit of chat but by sticking this on the website, she’s clearly trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by using technical waffle which actually isn’t that impressive.
Exactly. - I work In a law firm and we were looking into this accreditation- just to show clients we have processes documented etc it means crap all

Reactions: 22
I was about to say the same thing! The fact that the factory has a ISO9001 Cert (ignoring the fact that ISO themselves don’t provide this certification so it would have come from a third party) means NOTHING. Just that it’s consistent cheap tat!
Same with BSCI - provides guidelines and approaches but it’s not an auditor.

I have a friend who ran a very successful business who’s products were sold in many UK nationwide retailers. The products were made in China and he visited about 3 times a year for about a month at a time meeting suppliers, doing audit checks, producing new designs and products. He left his wife and kids at home each time he went away, but he built a successful business which he’s now sold on and moved on his next venture!
But that would be too much hard work for GLÒÓBY

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Bloody hell...I went through ISO9001 for my company 25 years ago and it's form filling!

Reactions: 12
Exactly. - I work In a law firm and we were looking into this accreditation- just to show clients we have processes documented etc it means crap all
They are in complete damage limitation mode over in the bungalow at the moment. tit is hitting the fan big time.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I feel so hard for Ali to be honest, that guy is about to have the shittest weekend of his life down Bungalow Heights. She'll be in full bruised narc mode.

The amount of negative comments on that YT video are shocking - it's been clocked by quite of a lot of her viewers too that she's been deleting a lot of them too.

We should all go and like this comment too - less chance of it getting deleted and minions actually starting to realise that she literally blocks and deletes anything negative about herself on everything she puts out there.

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 14.24.53.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.