Lydia Millen #25 Obsessed with cress, wants a Cotswold address, no sign of Globy, what a bloody mess!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lydia still trying to recruit anybody that has a moan about tattle to her "shut down tattle" WhatsApp group šŸ˜†
PSX_20200626_094839.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
After working with many big brands, she is so unbelievably amateur šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
If ā€œcreating contentā€ is her ā€œjobā€, why not make video explanations for her product and check out process and embed them into her shop website? I would, for instance, make one showing each product and application/use process.
Then also one can embed Customer service chat into online retailer these days. It takes away the comments from her socials and prevents reputation damage.
Stupid. Very stupid this whole thing.

Btw, she may insists on product quality all she wants. There are no HUNDREDS of tanning mitt factories in the world, Lydia. Everything is being made in the same factory in China. Big brands have money to invest in long-term relationships with this factory, and have a luxury to choose what their mitts will be made of. You bought cheap generic tit from AliBaba.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Well this was all even more hilarious than we couldā€™ve ever dreamed of. What an absolute clusterfuck. Iā€™m pretty sure sheā€™s in breach of a ton of consumer protection regulations particularly with all these tax duck ups.

Also itā€™s funny how everyone thought this launch was going to be an actual beauty product - it never was. The regulation surrounding those kinds of products, particularly in the EU, is really heavy. Thereā€™s a reason brands like Glossier are only available in certain territories and took forever to come to the UK, as ensuring your product is compliant with each territoriesā€™ safety regs is a nightmare. She wanted to be able to fleece her followers on an international basis, hence flogging a white label piece of tit tanning mitts which wouldnā€™t be subject to any more regulatory scrutiny.

Iā€™ll never stop laughing that the imagery she used to tease her new product was a close up of her face under a lace table cloth when she was ultimately trying to market an errr body prep accessory kit. 10/10 on the messaging there Lyds šŸ‘šŸ‘

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Wait! Why has the price now changed to not include tax? Is it because sheā€™s trying to make it not look as expensive šŸ˜‚

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Wow gals. Wow.

Just catching up on absolute shitstorm now. I really overestimated her with a glowy SPF product but I am borderline impressed at the level she's managed to duck this up.

I've been wondering for so long when ol' Lydia's downslide and cancellation is going to begin. Her content has been so so terrible for so long, she seems to be getting away with her lack of professionalism, crappy attitude and morals and lack of interaction with her subs for a surprisingly long time with not much backlash.

But I think now might be the time!

Who wants to be the bookie? We can start taking bets on the eventual divorce, sale of the bungalow and the tail-between-legs exit from YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Do you remember that in one of the past vlog (i think this was this spring) she jokes that making her product is so complicated and she wish she came up with just lipstick .......WTF........ it would be 10000000000000% better idea to launch lipstick brand with for example perfect nude shade for every skin tone....... and she is ā€žso known by her perfect nude lipstickā€....... She can do everything, even slippers for her fans to watch her vlog will be better .....

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She's a narcissist so will play the victim and claim she is being bullied etc. etc. She'll then need a year off to mourn the death of Globy not so long after the death of the cat she let roam wild outside every night.

Some of her sycophantic sheep on YouTube keep saying if people have nothing good to say they should stay quiet. Uhmm, nope. That's why YT has a comment section, no?

And the fact that people expressing their disappointment is worse to her and her "followers" than the scamming cow blatantly stealing people's hard earned $ shows how idiotic she and her "fans" are.

If anything, be kind? witch, please....how about if anything, don't be a fraudster and scam people's hard earned cash?

One young YT follower commented she actually dipped into her savings to purchase this and now was desperately trying to figure out how to cancel it. I feel bad for HER not the scheming twit trying to rip people off. I am really hoping she and others dipping deep into their pockets can get all their money back. That girl's comment hurt my heart a little. And therein lies how impressionable some of these young viewers are that emulate and believe everything these "influencers" say, do and shill. These losers don't care about responsibility to the public and young viewers bc they just care about $$$$ for their bloody pockets. It's vile.

Lydiot did not care to put any $, time or thought into this and instead labeled some dime a dozen mitts, threw it into a cheap plastic bag and called it good.

She has basically confirmed everything single observation Tattlers here have been making forever about this fraudster. What an unethical cow.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
She's being called out by people who genuinely are interested in buying her product, so she cannot moan later on that people were being mean, and to be kind...If you buy something and it doesn't tell you where it was made and other things like that, then you have the right to ask. As usual, her lack of research has fucked her up good and proper with this, and I think she's bollocked Elementary Brands, that's why they've deleted everything to do with her on their instagram. If they were part of this project then they would be promoting her, not like they have tons of clients anyway. I think that says a lot for the shitstorm going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: 27
Whole thing reminds me of the The Emperor's New Clothes. She didn't bring out a tan or a beauty product because that would have cost millions in product development and marketing, and would have been a whole lot of work and investment. She is greedy and wanted a quick cash in so she bought wholesale from China and stuck a label on. She acts like she is a multi million pound beauty empire but the reality is she is just a vlogger whose only talent is buying stuff and earning commission advertising other brands. This product completely cheapens her 'brand' and makes her look so amateur and completely un 'luxe'. To be honest the whole idea of tanning is very 90s/towie. I am pale skinned and would love to be more 'golden' but slathering yourself in orange streaks is just awful and so out of line with the 'posh English country lady' she has restyled herself as recently. It's a real throw back to her Ibiza days. All her ideas seem scatter gun and ill thought through for someone so obsessed by branding. She wants to be the next Aerin... but she is deluded to think this product is anything other than embarrassing. I actually feel sorry for her it's so bad. But it's a lesson in growing too big for her boots and becoming completely out of touch with reality.

Reactions: 30
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:
Why is her video still only on 90K and the likes and dislikes still fairly low numbers when usually by the next day, her videos have about 150K views or whatever...
For a launch, this just doesn't add up. She should have more views than her normal videos right?
I think she's definitely manipulating numbers in the background.

Reactions: 31
I'm really baffled that she has added the taxes afterwards, even for orders within the UK. This is not standard in the UK. Tax is normally included in the price. Also, what's with the crazy delivery fee?! I'm in Central London and it says delivery is nearly Ā£10. Total madness! What planet does this girl live on?! :unsure: šŸ’‡ā€ā™€ļø šŸ’‡ā€ā™€ļø

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Is EB even a legit company? There internet presence doesn't exactly look trustworthy.

I'd go as far as to say there may be a fair few suits against her in the not so distant future.

Reactions: 14
cant believe she put hm dress on insta story, her launch is one of the biggest fail in her work career and she is shopping next morning

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
So let me get this straight......where is the promo/advertising for this launch? She will quite happily go on trips for brands for free and we all are aware how much $$$ brands would spend to have these ā€˜influencersā€™ promote their product - airfares, accommodation, dining, transport etc etc. The best we can expect from this embarrassment is Ali taking pics with a tablecloth on her head in the backyard? The shame is palpable. God, seriously Lydiot, crawl back under your bungalow rock and come back out when you can do your ā€œjobā€ properly. Oh wait..... that will be never.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
You ladies got it sooo right when you said that it's just cheap stuff from China and she tried to lux it up by putting it in a nice box with 'minimal' packaging.
It reveals so much about her. She's cheap and she tries to lux herself up with nice clothes or whatever.
It reveals so much about a person who has no authenticity or genuine care and love for others.
She focused so much on the logo, the colours, the pictures when really she should have thought about the consumers first. Will they need this? Is this cost effective?
You know if this bag was from a premium brand, maybe, just maybe it could justify the high price point. For the logo on the mits or whatever people could feel like oh my mit its from this brand etc.
She's a nobody. Really. You're a nobody so why would you think you can command that kind of price point?
So selfish. So so so greedy.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I think someone from Mirror magazine will expand the šŸ’© I know someone who works there .. so šŸ¦¦can you imagine 'failured launch Of Lydia Millen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She lost me, i follow her since she had 10 videos, she influenced my style, i liked her. I know she is not person i want to be but i like her style. But when she didnt launch glo i started googling and i am here..... it is so sad because i really like to watch her vlog doing home stuff. I liked that she is homebody and not in another country everyday. I thought that it is making her more normal than other influencers. I feel naive :( i will never buy nothing from her brand and nothing What she shows because i dont trust her anymore. This brand born to make money not value.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
#26 Lydiot's murdered Globy, faking it's the best, scamming us for money, it's a shitshow fest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Well that went down like a lead parachute. The team deleting the negative comments can't keep up. It's Zoella all over again. Nearly a thousand dislikes. This is so embarrassing. But she has no self awareness, or respect for what's going on in the world. Gimme, Gimme Millen. The wench on a bench.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.