Lydia Millen #20 Antiques & Art are now my thing, I have cement tits & lots of free bling!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the copying of Josie begins! šŸ˜‚the bamboo washing up brushes etc are all what Josie bought for her house

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ok so first she begged everyone to follow her Lydiaemillen account to get to 40k before she revealed her brand which it obviously failed to reach the target, now sheā€™s made yet another account called Glo beauty co and expects her minions to follow that too, no doubt some will.

I fail to see how she thinks this is a good idea and that everyone is going to follow her main account, her home account, her cats account, her brand account and now her products account? Dumb witch!

Oh and then there is Aldiā€™s account and his photography account too.... Iā€™m exhausted just listing all of them, no wonder our Lidl is so exhausted all the time... poor strong independent woman has to collect her coins via all these unnecessary accounts/ads/aff/press products/brand ambassador/purchased myself but proudly worked with brand before jargon:poop:
Instagram MUST start charging these people per account.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So you're telling me she spent a month hyping up revealing her brand name, and that's it? She's thick as duck she needs to get someone with marketing knowledge to sort her out. So is it going to be another month until she reveals anything else?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I donut I would never buy an influencer brand. I am of course a sucker for a brand but over the years Iā€™ve become more discerning about products I choose to buy. Admittedly Iā€™ve made mistakes, from fashion faux pas, to costly purchases. Thatā€™s fine I own it. That my evolution. If Iā€™m gonna part with my hard earned cash it would be for an established brand with history, be it from high street to luxury. I anyone of us could slap our names on a new beauty product and if the name Is right it will sell. I so wish her luck Iā€™m her venture but I think she has been ill advised and the timing is absolutely ten wrong time to launch a new product - look at the big brands. FFS J Crew is another brand that has filed for bankruptcy. Not a beauty brand but a big brand. The insensitivity of launching at this point in thine beggars belief.
Nicole Guerriero an OG full-on beauty Youtuber from Florida with a current viewcount of half a million views per video launched her beauty brand BestDamnBeauty a few years ago at the time when her average views were double the todayā€™s numbers. Turned out a complete and total failure. Nobody was buying it, including Nicole herself.
All the collabs she had with other big brands (like Anastasia Glow pallette, smth with Benefit), always huge success, sold out and had to be re-released due to a very high demand.
And here is Lydia šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Zero skill and knowledge of beauty products, lots of negativity around her LEM brand, fake followers, dropping views, online retail with no chances for customers to test the products, and pandemic outside when people do not hurry to part with what is left of their money.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Has anyone noticed that sheā€™s started to put on a posh accent? I really noticed in her blog today. It was getting on my nerves!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Has anyone noticed that sheā€™s started to put on a posh accent? I really noticed in her blog today. It was getting on my nerves!
And the living room has had a refresh and the ā€œroom full of crapā€ picture has gone.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Itā€™s surely got to be fake tan? I swear there was a mitt in the back one time she tried to hide, plus she never showed Molly Maes tan when she got sent it which surely she did? Maybe the sweater we saw is one to wear in bed when tanning or something! So weird she got a new Instagram name, why make everyone follow that other one then start a whole new name, why not just change the name?

If itā€™s fake tan that could be the reason sheā€™s pushing ahead with the launch as sheā€™ll have to sell it or itā€™ll go out of date, they have a very short shelf life before turning green

Reactions: 15
Here's the trademark, so its for beauty products, clothing, mitts etc so no doubt it's a tanning at home package u have to buy

It hasn't been granted yet do thereā€™s still the possibility that someone could challenge it & the application is refused. There are loads of Glo trade marks in the same classes.

Also, only the logo has been registered so she wonā€™t be able to use that to stop someone using the words, Glo Beauty šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 5
Nicole Guerriero an OG full-on beauty Youtuber from Florida with a current viewcount of half a million views per video launched her beauty brand BestDamnBeauty a few years ago at the time when her average views were double the todayā€™s numbers. Turned out a complete and total failure. Nobody was buying it, including Nicole herself.
All the collabs she had with other big brands (like Anastasia Glow pallette, smth with Benefit), always huge success, sold out and had to be re-released due to a very high demand.
And here is Lydia šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Zero skill and knowledge of beauty products, lots of negativity around her LEM brand, fake followers, dropping views, online retail with no chances for customers to test the products, and pandemic outside when people do not hurry to part with what is left of their money.
Or this one with 2 million followers who couldn't sell 36 t-shirts. And this was a year ago! Pre-covid!

The influencer's recipe for success:
  1. Sit on the backs of Fortune 1000 corporate marketing machines with 7 or 8 figure marketing budgets
  2. Hold up their already featured item that is already on billboards around the globe and has a world famous actress in its campaign
  3. Upload video onto Youtube channel
  4. Sell a load of it
  5. Congratulate yourself for selling so many of that jumper/lipgloss/face wash/ankle boot. Yas girl! You did that all on your own! Such a #girlboss. All that money Dior paid to Jennifer Lawrence to be the face of their campaign has nothing to do with your influencer affiliate link commissions! There is also no oxygen on your planet!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry, OOT question, Im so behind on the tread and vlogs :(

I understand Ali and Lydia has a company that sell properties, do they? And they recently (I think) sold a property hence earned good money right? Because on a recent vlog she said they celebrated with Ali a success on their 'other business'... is that all correct?

I always have wondered, did Ali and Lydia found a property for Victoria? I think I remember when Victoria was looking for a house that she said something about Ali and Lydia telling them about a property on their area... Any ideas? anyone?

Reactions: 5
All this talk of cement tits has tattle ADs thinking I'm in the market for some concretešŸ˜‚
20200504_230253.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It hasn't been granted yet do thereā€™s still the possibility that someone could challenge it & the application is refused. There are loads of Glo trade marks in the same classes.

Also, only the logo has been registered so she wonā€™t be able to use that to stop someone using the words, Glo Beauty šŸ™ˆ
On the Instagram account, the is an accent above the letter ā€œoā€, I donā€™t get it. And the account name reads as globeauty which looks a bit like Globe beauty so probably intentional. I have no idea what Iā€™m rambling on about, night night.

Reactions: 11
If it is fake tan whos gonna buy her cheap made tat, she's not exactly a good advert for tanning lotion she looks like shes smothered in mud most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Reckon one product will be a fake tan mitt.
How to exclude woman of colour (of which I am one). I donā€™t fake tan nor do I want to look fake colour or be fake except maybe Convince myself I look slimmer now and again in an good outfitšŸ¤£.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Hey lovelies! :love: I missed 4 days of Tattle and now I have all the things in my head after reading 8 pages šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø So...

Re: Ali's room... I bet it will be switched so she can see what he's doing and he's not tucked in the far corner (which is his power position).

Re: Following Steve Cordony... quite a natural masculine vibe but very harmonious - which Lydl isn't (harmonious I mean). In the pic of the bathroom from Steve, the artwork picks up the black squares of the bath surround and is perfectly balanced. Whereas her loo is not balanced at all, the gold frames are waaaay too much, waaaay too heavy and not related to anything. The room with the daisies... the daisies ideally would have been picked from the gardens of that house that day for the picture, a celebration of the season and a delightful fresh casual centerpiece for the room - not a dining room it's more of a drawing room. You can see the styling on the dining table is a lot more conducive to conversation. http://www.stevecordony.com/latest/2019/5/7/floral-styling-with-waterford-crystal In the dining room they are on the mantle - again fresh not faux. No way she'd pay for a faux centerpiece that big anyway and no way she'd plant a an abundant flower garden either - no way she has time to care and tend to flowers (or followers which my quick fill thought I was going to type!)

Re: Product... Yeah. The only time influencer products work is when they have a massive amount of trust among peers + massive numbers of real followers + a professional team behind it + a perfectly aligned product. So she might have 1 of 4 if her product is tanning crap. I mean can you even imagine her sending out freebies? :rolleyes:šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Or this one with 2 million followers who couldn't sell 36 t-shirts. And this was a year ago! Pre-covid!

The influencer's recipe for success:
  • Sit on the backs of Fortune 1000 corporate marketing machines with 7 or 8 figure marketing budgets
  • Hold up their already featured item that is already on billboards around the globe and has a world famous actress in its campaign
  • Upload video onto Youtube channel
  • Sell a load of it
  • Congratulate yourself for selling so many of that jumper/lipgloss/face wash/ankle boot. Yas girl! You did that all on your own! Such a #girlboss. All that money Dior paid to Jennifer Lawrence to be the face of their campaign has nothing to do with your influencer affiliate link commissions! There is also no oxygen on your planet!!!!

• Isnā€™t it interesting though, that sheā€™s launching this now. The timing seems poor.​

I think the flogging stuff for brands has a limit (especially as we hit a recession) and as I look around on insta the mid tier influencers (Lidl, josie etc) all seem to be scrambling to have another venture to keep themselves going. Whether thatā€™s buy a house or launch something.

The Chiara Ferragni and Danielle Bernstein type mega influencers are successful business women who established their ventures alongside their Instagram growth so it was organic. They made it look easy and now many of the mid tier influencers want a piece of that pie thinking a brand is the next step. But for many of them it just wonā€™t pay off. Itā€™s hard to go from flogging other firms established products (which is easy work in reality) to running a small business with supply chains, production, marketing, customer services.

Making a mad dash now to set up a brand before a recession seems bonkers but also smacks of desperation for Lidl. We know she has nothing else to offer sheā€™s flogged all the fashion, make up and housing stuff possible. In someways she was backed in a corner and needs to do something to stay relevant and mildly interesting. Letā€™s see if the gamble pays off.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.