Lydia Millen #191 Smug and vile she writes to shill and now she’s got more Gates than Bill...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An expensive way to make you house smell nice, cozzie livs yanno.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She should have cleaned the chopping block before she started cooking. :sick:

ps looks like something s upset her (she s doing the snooty look, ya know, the one where she s looking down her nose at everyone).

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Reporting back from the battlefield. I finished the audiobook.

BOOK REVIEW (part 2):

Overall Rating: 2.75/5

The book itself looks pretty, so that might take it to a 3 for me, but alas, it doesn’t release in the States until March.

I would consider adding a physical copy of the book to my home library if it is pretty enough but only at a discounted rate, used on ebay or something for less than $10.

She definitely improved her recitation of the book as the chapters went on. They really should have coached her more and allowed her to warm up. She has a pleasant voice albeit a phony accent.

The content of the book is very repetitive and could have used another editor. As I stated in part 1 of my review, the material is very pretentious and sophomoric. She sounds impressed with herself over tree metaphors and withholding through life’s storms. Room temperature IQ.

I found it odd that she goes into detail about how much she loves the run up to Christmas and the holiday season but didn’t even mention that she was married during this time of year. Or am I misremembering her anniversary?

The most she opens up about is how her Mom’s side of the family was poor but her Dad’s family drove fancy cars and bought her things from Liberty. It sounded like a revisionist tale to me in a desperate attempt to get approval from the elites.

The only struggles she speaks of include a failed product launch for that tanning mishap (to which she probably still made some money), her cat who went missing and her 86-year-old grandfather who passed away during Covid. If that is the extent of a woman in her 30s life struggles, she has no business writing a book about resilience.

As someone who adores the seasons and going over the top with decorating for each, this book infuriated me. Any time I watch Lydia (and many of the UK vloggers for that matter), I would notice how they don’t really decorate. At least not like Americans. I admit that the British way is far more elegant and refined but a wreath and some foraged pine cones does not constitute as a love for decorating. This desire to be seen as an understated elitist is so snobbish. The only decor I’ve seen all year in her home was a bunny figurine in the spring. She even hires someone to decorate her tree for her. Acting as though she is this seasonal lover of decor and observing the change in the seasons was totally unbelievable. We have evidence to the contrary.

This latest iteration of Lydia’s personality is just a desperate attempt to imitate what she believes aristocracy is interested in or how they approach life. Her newfound “grand love of nature” is as natural as she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Of course this all makes sense. When she did the audio book they had just finalized the copy that day and showed her a paper print of the cover where she was choosing inks for the gold and white. Can’t remember how far apart the 2nd recording day and book signing day was but seems like a very fast turnaround for a book in every way.

She hadn’t seen the book before it appeared at the bookstore for her to sign. I mean if I was an “author” I would expect my publisher to hold the printer accountable for quality and would want an advance copy of all elements before shipping to people who paid for them.

was a Rush print probably due to MaDAMN being late with any number of things… I mean she just started writing (talking ramblings into a phone) in what March? The publisher was absolutely fine shipping out the terrible printing quality to the pre-orders so they could make money. Sounds like everything Lydia has ever done.

Guess I’m not surprised that it’s not much better than a tanning kit without tanning product with major production flaws. No one seems to care about anything but being able to make money and say “author” or “my own brand”.
All artwork would have to be approved by someone before going to print!

Reactions: 10
Oof. The quality is about the level of “if Carrie Bradshaw wrote Twilight” 😬
The constant italic sotto voce bits and, frankly excessive exclamation marks, - from someone that herself uses far too many, -
Maybe if one had a solid fuel stove, or an oil-burning Aga/Rayburn/Stanley, and then strain it into a spray bottle with isopropyl alcohol, perhaps. But just stewing it on gas/electric for hours, WITH open windows?! Wasteful and pointless.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ohhh! Can you go to the bit on greenhouses and show us why it was number one in greenhouses please?
Does she mention the dead lemon trees she had to replace through basic lack of watering and care?
I really think you should get your money back when you’ve read it 😜🤫. Xx
Once I get to it I will let you know. Just skimming through the book I am getting the impression that the whole book is actually about us my loves, we are the sole reason for her suffering. Well done us.
---
Waterstones only had one copy? Just one! Are they distancing themselves from #slurgate?
Waterstones at Finchley Rd told me he was expecting his copy that day and he told me that Hampstead Waterstones already had their copy. All singular copies. I cant see they were expecting lots of sales. Maybe they think 1 million followers will equate to 1 million sales.
---
FFS and you can then spend the rest of winter paying for the huge electricity bill you have just created by boiling a useless pot of crap in your house all day just to make it smell nice. She truly has no idea how the real world lives has she.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
So I’m in Waterstones . Looked in gardening to star with then cooking. Gave up and asked and it’s in the “alternative therapies “ section. I’m in a large town and they have only one copy!.risotto recipe an alcoholic cocktail recipe for each season the chutney recipe features .

it was next to a keto diet book and essential oils book 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
So I’m in Waterstones . Looked in gardening to star with then cooking. Gave up and asked and it’s in the “alternative therapies “ section. I’m in a large town and they have only one copy!.risotto recipe an alcoholic cocktail recipe for each season the chutney recipe features .

Exhale ...she says...
Inhale...she says...
In my day that was called breathing..!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I can't bring myself to watch her videos at the moment, let alone read her book, but from the pics posted here I would say what we have here is a load of old world salad bollocks (like one long Lidl instagram post) "written" by somebody who cannot write/spell/use grammar and some recipes "written" by somebody who cannot cook, has no cookery experience or training, and has no clue what they are talking about. The whole book is a scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Why does she give a pan risotto recipe when she uses the thermocrap?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yes! Another prime example of her trying to sound clever but actually using words incorrectly. She could have also mean sunken?? But definitely not sullen.

Doesn’t she mean sallow cheeks - not sullen? Not sure cheeks have the ability 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ok guys I have bought the book. Started reading (and I will read it all) and will give an honest review, I promise.
First thought, I can't see that she wrote it all herself. There is a lot of content, waffle or not, it's a lot of writing.
Just fyi, I bough the only copy at a Waterstones, the first Waterstones I went to was only receiving one copy also, the book was tucked away and hard to find so aside from her initial sales and her followers I don't think others will buy it, that is if they can actually find it.
Omg only ONE copy being sent to the stores! Pretty easy to say SOLD OUT… and also how embarrassing if the books stores can’t even bring themselves to order more than one! They don’t seem too proud to have that one copy if it’s hard to find.

They must know it’s only a pre-sale type of influencer merch and don’t want to be stuck with copies. Feels very much like she’s making more of the book “success” than it is. Even the posting of the Amazon rankings has been very misleading!

Bet the paid for PR people pulled in some favor with publisher…. Publisher pulled in some favor at Waterstones and they caved and bought one book per store. Same probably happened for Harrods. Then PR company creates an off site event for the sheep/friends/family in desperate attempt to make this look bigger than it really is.

I mean for all we know, Lydia is paying this publishing house to print/record the book in an effort to revive her career. Could she be consigning the books to the stores? Relying heavily on the sheep and pre-orders to make her money back?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Love that pink colour on your nails 💅 😍❤

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone getting Fatal Attraction vibes from this..?
Hahaha totally! She looks very much like she’s never done this before and is copying some homesteader home influencer for content.

Lydia how about bake something edible with all of those ingredients!? You know it would make the house smell even better and would not be so wasteful!

Reactions: 17
Then PR company creates an off site event for the sheep/friends/family in desperate attempt to make this look bigger than it really is.
Bingo! That s exactly what they ve done. Still can t get over her manic entrance in the church. #fakeittilyoumakeit

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Once I get to it I will let you know. Just skimming through the book I am getting the impression that the whole book is actually about us my loves, we are the sole reason for her suffering. Well done us.
---

Waterstones at Finchley Rd told me he was expecting his copy that day and he told me that Hampstead Waterstones already had their copy. All singular copies. I cant see they were expecting lots of sales. Maybe they think 1 million followers will equate to 1 million sales.
---

FFS and you can then spend the rest of winter paying for the huge electricity bill you have just created by boiling a useless pot of crap in your house all day just to make it smell nice. She truly has no idea how the real world lives has she.
I don’t think you will get to the bit on greenhouses dearest, because it’s not about anything but her and her psychosis, fury at not getting her own way with the Globy sales and ...RECIPES! Let me say that again - her RECIPES! 😄😄😄. Elsie - RECIPES...🤣🤣🤣. You know her, she’s the one who claims to write a book to help everyone in the entire world yet in the dedication claims dramatically that she might not have been here! I cannot believe that got past the publisher. This woman had a few sessions of life coaching and was cured! Graduated! Is no-one getting concerned vibes here? She organised a complete fiasco for Globy and went to bed and left it to others to sort out! Disgraceful. No culpability and no taking responsibility! Globy was down to her. She failed and went to bed. She stayed in her hairdressers house shrieking whilst deleting posts to stop people reading the truth. No accountability for that! Now she’s capitalising on both hideous episodes to yet again try to make money out of her own messes! She can’t even get her vlogs out on time…
---
Sold out in Waterstones!
They only took ONE copy and then hid it in corners…
---
Bingo! That s exactly what they ve done. Still can t get over her manic entrance in the church. #fakeittilyoumakeit
I agree! It was pure cringe…cringe…cringe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.