Lydia Millen #191 Smug and vile she writes to shill and now she’s got more Gates than Bill...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BOOK REVIEW:

I’m not an audiobook person but I had a free trial credit on Audible, so I’m about halfway through. The book itself doesn’t release here in the States until March. I can’t speak for its physical illustrations (it seems like Lydia would have been better off producing a coffee table book with these blog post style contents interspersed with photography and art illustrations). But the script itself is very sophomoric and trite. Nothing original. The concept of the book is decent but it has been done a million times over (and with actual depth of writing).

Winter- rest
Spring- renewal

Groundbreaking.

Her biggest revelation thus far was not wanting to get out of bed or brush her teeth for a week during the pandemic but Carrie and Ali rescued her. Big deal!

She cites that overused quote about the man in the arena versus the critics who know neither success or defeat. News flash: not everyone criticizing you is an idle observer. I don’t have a million subscribers but I do have a connection to a very large audience and a lot of success of my own. To assume that everyone who criticizes you is beneath you is very short-sighted.

She also calls out her detractors for criticizing her “try-hard” or wannabe way of joining a club she doesn’t belong to. Again, we aren’t saying that people of a lower class can’t work their way to the top. I admire and support anyone who betters themselves. What Lydia fails to see about herself is how absolutely everything she does reeks of inauthenticity and phoniness. Every hobby, facial expression, manner of speaking and ensemble is forced in a way that is the direct antithesis of natural and organic. This lack of authenticity and genuine behavior is what people can not stand. Pair that with a smug arrogance and it makes for an extremely out of touch and entitled brat.

She doesn’t celebrate the seasons or decorate for the holidays like she claims in the opening Winter section. In fact, she even hires this out to the lowest bidder (free, minimal). How can someone claim to be simplistic, nature-based and jovial when they are materialistic, consumer-based and miserable?! There is no joy or personality to be found in the audio reading. Perhaps it was just nerves but she should have been better coached.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Thank you for your service! Keep the page posting coming!

Everyone just remember she was in this ‘bed’ at this very moment because she was exposed for her own horrific and nasty behavior and she was primarily worried about herself, being exposed, people knowing who she really was.

When you finish the book I’ll be curious to hear if she ever admits to any wrong doing besides saying she had a “failure”. Seems like so far it’s a pity party about bullies (When she was the bully).
Seriously. Was she feeling so down because Nicky had threatened to ruin her or because of her business failing. I wonder if she settled with Nicky monetarily, and obviously put Nicky under a gag order as a result.
---
BOOK REVIEW:

I’m not an audiobook person but I had a free trial credit on Audible, so I’m about halfway through. The book itself doesn’t release here in the States until March. I can’t speak for its physical illustrations (it seems like Lydia would have been better off producing a coffee table book with these blog post style contents interspersed with photography and art illustrations). But the script itself is very sophomoric and trite. Nothing original. The concept of the book is decent but it has been done a million times over (and with actual depth of writing).

Winter- rest
Spring- renewal

Groundbreaking.

Her biggest revelation thus far was not wanting to get out of bed or brush her teeth for a week during the pandemic but Carrie and Ali rescued her. Big deal!

She cites that overused quote about the man in the arena versus the critics who know neither success or defeat. News flash: not everyone criticizing you is an idle observer. I don’t have a million subscribers but I do have a connection to a very large audience and a lot of success of my own. To assume that everyone who criticizes you is beneath you is very short-sighted.

She also calls out her detractors for criticizing her “try-hard” or wannabe way of joining a club she doesn’t belong to. Again, we aren’t saying that people of a lower class can’t work their way to the top. I admire and support anyone who betters themselves. What Lydia fails to see about herself is how absolutely everything she does reeks of inauthenticity and phoniness. Every hobby, facial expression, manner of speaking and ensemble is forced in a way that is the direct antithesis of natural and organic. This lack of authenticity and genuine behavior is what people can not stand. Pair that with a smug arrogance and it makes for an extremely out of touch and entitled brat.

She doesn’t celebrate the seasons or decorate for the holidays like she claims in the opening Winter section. In fact, she even hires this out to the lowest bidder (free, minimal). How can someone claim to be simplistic, nature-based and jovial when they are materialistic, consumer-based and miserable?! There is no joy or personality to be found in the audio reading. Perhaps it was just nerves but she should have been better coached.
You could have better copy edited her “book”. Great writing here!

Reactions: 26
Thank you. lol. I actually have worked as a copywriter in both fashion marketing, the news industry and book publishing. I just quickly rattled off my thoughts. I will post a review for the second half (if I can get through it…lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What must really piss her off is the fact that hairgate really demolished her reputation but sweet nicky is really doing well, her hair mask is selling well, she has a brilliant reputation , travels all over, has great holidays, a gorgeous little boy, fab sexy physique, all the latest it bags…oh and amazing hair!
Love Nicky but most of her bags are fake along with her jewellery. She even wore a fake Loewe vest top recently and it’s only around £200 for the real one and has a fake Kaws figure in her apartment. She wears Zara and Nike clothes while carrying rare coloured “Hermes Kelly” bags 😅. She might come across as rich but there must be a man behind the scenes bank rolling those holidays and house moves….Monaco, Switzerland, Dubai….places rich businessmen frequent for work. He’s probably old and she’s embarrassed to post him or it’s a business relationship, if you know what I mean. She doesn’t own a salon so the only money she makes is from the hair cuts and colours she does herself. It takes hours to do, the profit margin isn’t that big. She hasn’t sold enough hair masks to jet around the world in first class and the business seems unprofessional with the stock and website issues. I think she’s a lovely woman but she’s an instagrammer after all, they’re all similar to eachother, in the way they portray a life they don’t actually live. Nicky definitely has a better life than Lydia though, she’s actually likeable.

Reactions: 25
Now she's even got Ali spruiking her book in his latest TikTok, whilst wearing his granddad dressing gown. She is trying to spread the word about her book through Ali's audience, which are not that many. 😂 The only words that are spreading are 'Dont buy the book - It's a load of crap'

Soon she'll be making Lumi, Porter, Berkeley and all of the chickens promote her book too. Nothing would surprise me with her.

9FB1A798-9086-4E53-BABD-B0F4B583187F.jpeg

1E30040B-DACE-447F-8889-51AC8E549724.jpeg

510CAD01-24A7-417C-A3C4-ABDF81BE2139.jpeg

“Trying my best not to overwhelm my feeds with #evergreenthebook”

Yer, sure you are 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I think this is a deliberate font style that was used to appear "vintage" and already battered. It's not "bled out" or bad printing, just wanted to emulate the quality of old press prints where the edges of fonts were not perfectly sharp.
Yeah perhaps, but looking at the reviews with pics… the messiness isn’t consistent like a font and some look crisp. Sloppy work from the printer and publisher… and Lydiot and her team.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Utterly shallow... I'm really struggling to read this.
This 'book' is written exactly how Lydia speaks. Badly.
Basic surface-level storytelling and use of language.

The 1st pic in the quoted post above has the use of the word 'that' a number of times when there was no need to use it. A 'FILLER' word.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with using the word 'that' in those sentences but, you're writing a book, you're an author, there has to be some depth to the language and story telling.
Not sound as if a 10 year old is narrating a story.
And Carrie recorded her.
And Fi then made a transcript of those thoughts.
Aaaaaaaaand 'PRINT !!!!!!!!'.

There is a certain lack of thoughtfulness and sophistication to her sentences.

Well, I suppose it's certainly on brand with the real Lydia. 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot_20231015_073202_Google.jpg

I may be nitpicking my point but, hey, I'm no author. Whatevs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Popped into Waterstones yesterday, just for a peek!! Took ages to find it. There were around 5 on a random table in the corner of the basement. Had a quick flick through… one word TOOT!! She has moved on from word salad to book salad!! I just don’t get it??? What is the book actually about? Who is the book aimed at? It looked a mess and agree with the other posts, the type was bleeding. Very poor quality!! It’s a no from me!! I actually felt embarrassed to be even looking at it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Ok guys I have bought the book. Started reading (and I will read it all) and will give an honest review, I promise.
First thought, I can't see that she wrote it all herself. There is a lot of content, waffle or not, it's a lot of writing.
Just fyi, I bough the only copy at a Waterstones, the first Waterstones I went to was only receiving one copy also, the book was tucked away and hard to find so aside from her initial sales and her followers I don't think others will buy it, that is if they can actually find it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Ok guys I have bought the book. Started reading (and I will read it all) and will give an honest review, I promise.
First thought, I can't see that she wrote it all herself. There is a lot of content, waffle or not, it's a lot of writing.
Just fyi, I bough the only copy at a Waterstones, the first Waterstones I went to was only receiving one copy also, the book was tucked away and hard to find so aside from her initial sales and her followers I don't think others will buy it, that is if they can actually find it.
Ohhh! Can you go to the bit on greenhouses and show us why it was number one in greenhouses please?
Does she mention the dead lemon trees she had to replace through basic lack of watering and care?
I really think you should get your money back when you’ve read it 😜🤫. Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Thank you for your service! Keep the page posting coming!

Everyone just remember she was in this ‘bed’ at this very moment because she was exposed for her own horrific and nasty behavior and she was primarily worried about herself, being exposed, people knowing who she really was.

When you finish the book I’ll be curious to hear if she ever admits to any wrong doing besides saying she had a “failure”. Seems like so far it’s a pity party about bullies (When she was the bully).
Oh was this the day when she went to the Peak District west her adventure braids. She was depressed because her hair looked rubbish 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Surely Carrie hadn’t really picked her up in the car with Classic FM playing 😂

more likely to be some hard core hip hop

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Waterstones only had one copy? Just one! Are they distancing themselves from #slurgate?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.