Lydia Millen #187 Luxury to minimalism, book cover plagiarism, even click bait can’t help your algorithm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was little I wanted to be Paddington Bear. I had a duffle coat, a suitcase and tried to like marmalade.
But I grew out of it. Why can’t Lydia just be herself?
You shouldn’t have grown out of this phase. That’s adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Leftover potatoes at that 🤢🤢 Nigella, watch out - the ‘author’ might knock you off your pedestal 🤣 and all done with an expression of martyrdom.. the one courgette from the kitchen garden will undoubtedly elevate the dish :rolleyes:
it's really bizarre, why does she have so few courgettes? The plants look healthy enough, she should be getting several per day from those plants as she has a few? I used to yield far bigger harvests than that when I was growing in a few pots on a balcony.
I keep thinking about her copious hello petal orders also, does she just throw all the plants in the bin or compost them> why do so few pf them survive? isn't she mortified in front of that lady that has to keep coming to deliver more?

Reactions: 22
Wasps Unite!!! WTF does she mean?
Weird caption. Doesn’t WASP mean “white Anglo-Saxon protestant” it was a term used in USA by upper east siders / Hamptons wealthy to categorise themselves as a class above others who may have come to live in the country. I think it’s probably a bit offensive these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Does the idiot realise you don't have to put courgette in every meal you cook? god their diet is so boring and unhealthy, white carbs, white carbs white carbs, wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does anyone have any recommendations for a vlogger that's similar to Lydia/Josie ...just alot more pleasant?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Please please don’t crucify me for saying this but… is it me or has she put on a little weight? For someone that has a PT and their own home gym, I felt like she looked… untoned in the arms? Compared to what I’ve seen of her before (I no longer watch her vids as her new persona bores me)
I know the dress was a little too small but I can’t help but think maybe the beige carby food, the constant “wine” walks (liquid cake!) and laziness is about to catch up with her?!
Come to think of it, she hasn’t been banging on about using the home gym or that ridiculously priced activity screen thing for a while!

Reactions: 16
it's really bizarre, why does she have so few courgettes? The plants look healthy enough, she should be getting several per day from those plants as she has a few? I used to yield far bigger harvests than that when I was growing in a few pots on a balcony.
I keep thinking about her copious hello petal orders also, does she just throw all the plants in the bin or compost them> why do so few pf them survive? isn't she mortified in front of that lady that has to keep coming to deliver more?
It could be there are more courgettes however madam doesn t eat veggies. The gardening is for nontent, she had zero interest in it, to get around this she works for Hello Petal, the owner puts in all the hard work growing the plants and all Elsie does is showcase them in the bungalow. Most of the plants should be grown outside so of course will quickly die. Hello Petal is probably on speed dial.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is ruining this beautiful black Dior dress, cause she’s in it. It’s the way she is eyefucking herself so much, it’s off the charts, it’s so off putting, it distracts from the lovely dress, she really goes over the top with it all. And it’s all the running her fingers thru her hair every minute and flipping it from side to side, it gives me the absolute irrits. I can't with her.

6B471568-C29A-4ECA-9C9A-82407E6D23C5.jpeg
B9EBBD06-A815-4030-8C11-B0B88D488789.jpeg

• Sick
Please please don’t crucify me for sayin but… is it me or has she put on a little weight? For someone that has a PT and their own home gym, I felt like she looked… untoned in the arms? Compared to what I’ve seen of her before (I no longer watch her vids as her new persona bores me)
I know the dress was a little too small but I can’t help but think maybe the beige carby food, the constant “wine” walks (liquid cake!) and laziness is about to catch up with her?!
I think her weight goes up and down, if she has a photo shoot coming up she probably starves herself to look slimmer. It been discussed here previously but it appears she eats one meal a day, choosing the beige, cheesy stodge as it s her favourite. Carbs are ok for cardiovascular workouts but protein is needed to build muscle. Elsie says she has a PT twice a week but really it isn t enough to stay fit and toned.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone have any recommendations for a vlogger that's similar to Lydia/Josie ...just alot more pleasant?
I’m probably going to get crucified here but Leonora Smee. She’s coming for their audiences. She’s actually rich (new money from her footballer dad). She can cook, host, and lay a table. Cons. She’s way OTT and consistently fawning. Her situation is a bit sus as well…meaning she and her 40 year old husband seem entirely kept by her parents between their gorgeous gifted home in Henley and a new villa in Mallorca. Leo has something like 7 other brothers and sisters (we’ve met a couple) but no one is stuck to her parents side like her. She’s about 28.

If you don’t care about about beauty so much and are more into lifestyle and country calming videos, Nicholas Fairford. The man (really adolescent he’s deceivingly young looking) is beyond serene. He’s also very up front that he’s not posh, not rich, and that his accent is learned.

If you don’t need British, I highly recommend Kevin Lee Jacobs. He’s in upstate NY, USA (a trendy posh part). Older gentleman living in the country alongside his hubby who sometimes lives in NYC for work. Amazing home and garden content, afternoon tea, cooking (and the cooking can be high or low but it always looks tasty and much more colorful that the sludge Lydia and Josie put out). Ooh his gardens are so swoon.

I used to enjoy Kylie Flavell until I found her on Tattle and found out she was a scammer. Hill House Vintage was great but she posts too infrequently for me. On the fashion side-I want to like Tamara because she goes so many interesting places but I just cannot. Her vlogs lack substance. Also I think she lacks actual style even though she’s completely different than J and L (but they all started in the same niche).

It’s funny because YouTube suggested all of these to me based on my viewing. I would have never found them on my own (besides Tamara). Can’t wait to see other recommendations.

• Heart
I’m probably going to get crucified here but Leonora Smee. She’s coming for their audiences. She’s actually rich (new money from her footballer dad). She can cook, host, and lay a table. Cons. She’s way OTT and consistently fawning. Her situation is a bit sus as well…meaning she and her 40 year old husband seem entirely kept by her parents between their gorgeous gifted home in Henley and a new villa in Mallorca. Leo has something like 7 other brothers and sisters (we’ve met a couple) but no one is stuck to her parents side like her. She’s about 28.

If you don’t care about about beauty so much and are more into lifestyle and country calming videos, Nicholas Fairford. The man (really adolescent he’s deceivingly young looking) is beyond serene. He’s also very up front that he’s not posh, not rich, and that his accent is learned.

If you don’t need British, I highly recommend Kevin Lee Jacobs. He’s in upstate NY, USA (a trendy posh part). Older gentleman living in the country alongside his hubby who sometimes lives in NYC for work. Amazing home and garden content, afternoon tea, cooking (and the cooking can be high or low but it always looks tasty and much more colorful that the sludge Lydia and Josie put out). Ooh his gardens are so swoon.

I used to enjoy Kylie Flavell until I found her on Tattle and found out she was a scammer. Hill House Vintage was great but she posts too infrequently for me. On the fashion side-I want to like Tamara because she goes so many interesting places but I just cannot. Her vlogs lack substance. Also I think she lacks actual style even though she’s completely different than J and L (but they all started in the same niche).

It’s funny because YouTube suggested all of these to me based on my viewing. I would have never found them on my own (besides Tamara). Can’t wait to see other recommendations.
Leonora Smee is good in small doses. Nicolas is ok, he IS very soothing but still a bit pretentious in his manner. Kevin Lee Jacobs is an absolute delight! I love every one of his videos!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You lovely poster who compared her to SJP are so right (wish to give you cred), I'm rewatching SATC and I can't unsee it.

When I first came across Lydia she had this Angelina Jolie/Meghan Fox thing going on and now it's all Carrie.
All the crap she has in that kitchen but she doesn’t have a serving spoon?
---

Told you more creepy than love
---

It’s her Zimmermann dress, Vic and Josie both own it too.

View attachment 2431690
View attachment 2431691
---
How embarrassing 😳 all the emphasis on showing off the royal warrant instead of the brand you are supposed to be advertising in exchange for freebies.

View attachment 2431703
Hang on a minute ! . Leonora was flogging Cornelia gloves a few weeks ago!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
In her vlog, she says that Marcus’s mum is amazing - I’m going to follow her on instagram- she’s the best human I’ve ever met :rolleyes: She says she’s going to wave me off on the helicopter!

True to her word, the Mum is standing at the doorway and Elsie is on her phone...

239ACAB4-05D5-4F45-BA34-26E5BFBB452C.jpeg
180DC257-FF88-4128-A275-3B6BD14F52C4.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Come to think of it, she hasn’t been banging on about using the home gym or that ridiculously priced activity screen thing for a while!
Because she is lazy and if she does a workout, she phones it in. There’s no way she was suddenly running 5ks without training up to them. So that was a lie. Also, no matter how much she works out, she couldn’t work off the calories and inflammation of the amount she drinks. So I think she’s looking a bit puffier and rounder, too. As I’ve said before, she’s the epitome of TOFI (thin outside fat inside).

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.