Lydia Millen #187 Luxury to minimalism, book cover plagiarism, even click bait can’t help your algorithm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When do y’all get work done in the UK? I know there were extra holidays because of the coronation but it’s always a bank holiday. Of course we have a ton of 3 day weekends at the beginning of the year.

But another question. Is it a sales kind of bank holiday? Should I be shopping sans discount code
Our biggest discounts happen on Black Friday, which is quite new to the uk .

We don’t get sales for bank holidays. Sometimes some retailers discount but it’s hit and miss .

We have summer and winter sales where most companies will go into “sales”.

Reactions: 12
Our biggest discounts happen on Black Friday, which is quite new to the uk .

We don’t get sales for bank holidays. Sometimes some retailers discount but it’s hit and miss .

We have summer and winter sales where most companies will go into “sales”.
That’s a waste of a perfectly good holiday. When are influencer’s supposed to work extra hard to sell us we don’t need

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When do y’all get work done in the UK? I know there were extra holidays because of the coronation but it’s always a bank holiday. Of course we have a ton of 3 day weekends at the beginning of the year.

But another question. Is it a sales kind of bank holiday? Should I be shopping sans discount code
I believe the UK is at the bottom of the list of EU countries with the most bank holidays. In France we have even more. But in the UK if the bank holiday is on a Sunday they get the Monday off I think? Something like that. Which we don't get in France 😭😛

Reactions: 14
I believe the UK is at the bottom of the list of EU countries with the most bank holidays. In France we have even more. But in the UK if the bank holiday is on a Sunday they get the Monday off I think? Something like that. Which we don't get in France 😭😛
Christmas Day yes , there might be others I’m not recalling. Bank holidays tend to be a Fri or a Monday .

Reactions: 5
Wow we here in the US have so few Monday holidays off compared to the rest of the world!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Does everyone get off for bank holidays or are stores etc open? There are zero US holidays where non-essential workers get off (but at least they do generally get holiday pay).

Reactions: 9
Does everyone get off for bank holidays or are stores etc open? There are zero US holidays where non-essential workers get off (but at least they do generally get holiday pay).
Depends on which one it is but usually things are open shop wise . It’s more offices which close down. Although I want to go to a cooker shop tomorrow but can’t because they are closed . Most people have the day off.

Reactions: 7
Did you hear in the wine vlog when she said in one of the pubs that they ordered a bottle of wine. They must have all in all drank over two bottles each. And how are they not sick mixing different wines like that????

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Her outfit of the day for day 2 of ‘evermean’ audio recording. shite white shirt dress, tan shoes, tan belt. Blah blah

Lydia does realise she’s going to a recording studio to record her audio book and not on a easter egg hunt or collecting eggs from chickens. Where is she going with that basket! 🙄

A614FDFE-21DF-4A8F-B937-AD6D7424F4BC.jpeg
9002D18D-7A00-474D-961E-F8DDEA6620DD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Her outfit of the day for day 2 of ‘evermean’ audio recording. The usual same shite white shirt dress.

Lydia does realise she’s going to a recording studio to record her audio book and not on a easter egg hunt or collecting eggs from chickens. Where is she going with that basket! 🙄

View attachment 2409555View attachment 2409626
That basket is laugh out loud funny!!!! She is utterly ridiculous. The ironic thing is, if a proper "author" or serious actor were recording an audio book/audio play I guarantee you they'd be in really casual clothing for being in the studio. They're always super casual (borderline scruffy) when off duty. Low profile, comfortable. This is her cosplaying again!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That basket is laugh out loud funny!!!! She is utterly ridiculous. The ironic thing is, if a proper "author" or serious actor were recording an audio book/audio play I guarantee you they'd be in really casual clothing for being in the studio. They're always super casual (borderline scruffy) when off duty. Low profile, comfortable. This is her cosplaying again!
No chicken, you have her all wrong, she likes to look and feel good always......baskets are the new Birkin 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
India has over 20 I think! Ditto Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
uk in normally around 8 bank holidays, we had extra for the queen and then coronation this year.
we have:
New Year’s Day,
Good Friday, Easter Monday (religious based)
May bank holiday
spring bank holiday
Summer bank holiday
Christmas Day, Boxing Day (religious based)

think others are to do with old fashioned harvest time

Reactions: 6
Off topic but re weird/unusual public holidays: Back home in Australia the city of Melbourne has a Tuesday public holiday/bank holiday for the Melbourne Cup horse race (held in November, most people take the Monday off work too and get a four day weekend) and also a Friday Public holiday/Bank holiday before the Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final on a Saturday in Late September. Because obviously we need days off to properly enjoy sports 😂

Also, just like with the Hermes Birkin bag, Jane Birkin looks better than Lydia with a basket:

1693229775798.png
1693229814891.png
1693229831276.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.