Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mustbeuni

VIP Member
Is this what Ali is trying and failing to be? He’s dressing grandpa-esque too, but doesn’t seem to take himself as seriously. And the tattoos and Irish accent make him still seem f-able. The apparent lack of a Lydia helps too. He has over a million followers on Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Margo Polo

VIP Member
I've got one question though, it's about the style of these big diamond rings. I understand the wanting a big diamond because of all the prestige around diamonds of course, but c'mon, you can't tell me she actually liked the look of that ring??? She never ever wears big rings, and suddenly this is her style? It's got to be just about having a big ass stone ?! Would she like that style of ring if it was a crystal?
You're right when you say she doesn't wear big rings, but this is THE engagement ring , in her case, an engagement ring with such a large stone is a "status" symbol and screams I am rich and will marry even richer.
[/QUOTE]
The ring is lovely, but not my style. For me, it’s far too big. I would be afraid someone would rob me. I would prefer an emerald and 22k gold.
1686052115265.jpeg

• Heart

Delizia

VIP Member
Who is Mimi? I’ve missed out on her. Not dressed like an fashion influencer but the neither is Lids.
Yes Mimi has terrible style even though she's been buying tons of Chanel and Burberry lately. She s obsessed with her sausage jeans even if people keep telling her it does nothing for her shape.

But she doesn't want to be seen as an influencer, even though essentially her one and only job has always been to be the face of Luxy Hair, their company with husband Alex Ikonn before they sold it. Now they have the Intelligent Change company (which she hasn't founded, because it was Alex's and his old 'friend' UJ who they bought out/forced out) and they are up Lydia's arse to help them promote it in the UK I suppose. A country they technically live in but are always on vacation.

The Ikonns surely could give Lydia an advice or two on how to sell overpriced tat.

• Wow
  • Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Chelsea flower show fans sorry to be slightly off topic but does anyone know if you become a rhs member can you buy day 1 tickets ? Tia
You don't need to be a member to buy any category of ticket ( All day, part day etc) when I last looked. The RHS allocates so many member tickets per day and one day is just for members.
I think I pay £60 a year and I receive the monthly magazine, free entry to RHS gardens with free entry for one guest and some Internet facilities.

• Heart
No offense to the carpenter because I'm sure he had no say in what was designed/selected but this doesn't look right! I can't put my finger on it... but I'll watch the video
I think he said the brass was lacquered on which case it presumably won’t stain clothes if he’s folding clothes on it? I had a metal trunk made of aluminium I think years ago and remember sitting on it with a light pair of trousers and they got stained with black colour. Assuming this brass top won’t do that?

becky bloomwood

VIP Member
He guys, where I live we are now stuck with a fire blocking our only route in or out.( there is a logging road, but it’s dangerous) People are panic buying and all the gas stations are saying they are out of regular. ( that’s a lot of stations too! ) Grocery stores are almost empty on meat and produce, people are panicking. I’m good, drove to Tofino yesterday to get away from the smoke, was a lovely drive.
They are not sure when the road will be open when the fire is out as boulders and trees are raining on the highway. Here is a shot of the fire. The highway is beside the lake. Fire is burning at 140 Hectares at the moment. View attachment 2226197
That’s scary Margo especially regarding the access road, I’d be panicking like mad, it’s awful.

• Heart
  • Wow

Jessie98

VIP Member
I've had mine in 3 weeks and they are only cm from my root. These look 4 months gone. They've not been applied correctly. This women 🤦🏼‍♀️ honestly

Also wtf is that bag she bought from CFS? Absolute garbage. Carry flowers around on your bag? Just get in the bin love
Now now. Rexysmum will have a bigger one made that can fit a whole bouquet 💐. It is worrying that people will still idolise this idea

Reactions: 12

Kat_turner

Thanks for the info. I know she has companies set up but for example can an influencer put this against taxes even if they don't have a ltd company? or does it only apply to a ltd company (or PLC?)
PLC (proprietary limited company) and Ltd company are basically the same thing in terms of company requirements. However one is private (plc) which we can all set up, and the latter is publicly listed/ie on the stock exchange - a large well known brand eg Sainsbury’s, hsbc and the like .
Short answer is Yes she can. She can be a director of the company, and define the nature of the income earned, ie all of her social media related income like sponsorships, YouTube royalties, etc.
So for any expenses that are directly related to that income (like her silly dresses, “holidays”, never ending renovations, her disgusting overconsumption unboxing videos she vlogs ) - can be all be deemed tax deductible.
Many people do that in the finance/consulting industry do this in order to be tax efficient with their salaries (as you are only paying a flat company tax rate, than the step method used personal tax rates). This is fine especially if they are working fixed term/variable contracts, or work is very project driven rather than working a full time role.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12