Lydia Millen #157 Heating v eating is for the hoi polloi, why not check in to the Savoy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now Elsie Linda wants us to believe she has “literally been chased down the street by people wanting to know where this blazer is from” … when exactly did this happen, pray tell?

She really does live in Fantasy Land! 🙄

8B36C2D5-AEA8-4175-92CE-B5B71FB46C53.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
The babule is not only "flawless" it's made be a "wonderful" woman. Aaargh. Can we start a "wonderful" count please? If we had a pound for every time she said it, we could all retire.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
She did donate some clothes to a charity a few years ago that provide clothing to attend interviews.
I can't believe this is an argument for her being a good person who is not tone death though.

I am working class and I donate 95% of my kids clothes they grow out of. That doesn't make me a good person, it's simply the logical thing to do rather than holding onto them or binning them

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I will translate:

I have an increase in followers because of my tone deaf and incredibly arrogant TikTok that resulted in nationwide backlash; both on social media channels and in the national press. As a result, I can’t share any Black Friday deals with brands as I’m both afraid this will further harm my reputation with brands I haven’t yet been blacklisted from, and because I’ve had an influx of mails from brands asking that I not promote them as they don’t wish to be associated with me.

Instead, I shall pretend to be thoughtful and generous by promoting small brands that I may get some freebies with.
I believe you speak lidl!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
A tweed bauble - doubt they sell them in Liberty, Harrods or Selfridges - why would anyone want that??? Oh dear Linda!

Just looked and Claire follows Love of Huns - bet her and Nicky are having a right laugh at Miss Pretentious wannabe Millen

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think she's loving the attention - she's put up another TikTok at The Savoy - she's off her head!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Now Elsie Linda wants us to believe she has “literally been chased down the street by people wanting to know where this blazer is from” … when exactly did this happen, pray tell?

She really does live in Fantasy Land! 🙄

View attachment 1759526
Of course this is The LA Way’s brand… another one who conveniently glosses over where she really started from and tries to appear old money. Absolutely no shame in starting out where she and LM did, but own it! It’s more relatable and genuinely inspiring for people who do seek to ‘elevate’ (sorry) themselves financially. But they are instead perpetuating elitism and giving off the snobbish impression of ‘I was born with it, you can never be what I am/have what I have’.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
She will never allow herself to admit that she is the common denominator in all the flak she receives and the dramas she’s involved in - even with this new episode, which involves criticism from a wide and varied audience of people who don’t know or care about her. It can’t be interpreted as trolling or bullying, it’s just an instinctive reaction by a vast swathe of people with fresh eyes and cold homes, seeing someone behaving like an utter tosser and calling them out on their crass bullshit.

She has created so many self-serving layers of gaslighting, narrative manipulation and fake-humility, but none of that works in this instance. I think if she admitted to herself that she was the problem, she would probably have an episode of complete mental disintegration. But, luckily, she’s a narcissist and they just aren’t capable of that level of introspection and culpability. This won’t change her at all. I really look forward to the “honest heart to heart”/“what’s been going on”/“we need to talk” apology video in which she is neither honest nor apologetic.

She’s been desperately trying to gaslight people in the comments of that tiktok video, trying to divert the narrative by protesting that the heating crisis is not her fault, and people are just coming right back at her asking what the hell she’s on about. She’s trying so hard to reframe the whole thing in the comments in real time, and is just digging an even deeper hole. It’s a classic narcissist trait to think you can literally get away with anything, and it must be baffling for her to see her attempts failing so spectacularly.

I imagine that her angle when she addresses this will be along the lines of “I find it fascinating that people always want to find someone to blame”and probably some reference to cancel culture too. Rather than just taking responsibility for her own sordid little mess. Meanwhile, there are now millions of comments and articles out there, trashing her for being a tone-deaf, ignorant fool. Which, I think we can all agree, is rather cheering.
She won't ever recognize her fault because having a crowd of people angry at her doesn't mean she's wrong. She thinks she's a Britney, wrongly attacked just because she's a successful woman and everybody wants to take her down. There's no reasoning with her, she does whatever she wants and is allowed so because it's her life and she doesn't hurt anyone. The people feeling hurt can just look away.

She thinks she's being a punching ball for people upset about the gov measures. She won't ask herself why always her. Or if she does it would be to victimize herself. She behaves like a prophet sent by God, holy than thou, who will try and make us believe she is the sweetest person on earth sent to inspire us all and that it upsets people that she chooses to stay positive despite the state of the world, and that people can throw anger at her all they want because she's strong like Jesus bleeping Christ and she will just kill them with kindness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Of course this is The LA Way’s brand… another one who conveniently glosses over where she really started from and tries to appear old money. Absolutely no shame in starting out where she and LM did, but own it! It’s more relatable and genuinely inspiring for people who do seek to ‘elevate’ (sorry) themselves financially. But they are instead perpetuating elitism and giving off the snobbish impression of ‘I was born with it, you can never be what I am/have what I have’.
Her last friend this Christmas - The LA way - only one who stepped forward

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't believe this is an argument for her being a good person who is not tone death though.

I am working class and I donate 95% of my kids clothes they grow out of. That doesn't make me a good person, it's simply the logical thing to do rather than holding onto them or binning them
Exactly! There are some nasty people who would rather throw it to the bin rather than spending the little time it takes to prepare it to go to charity, but overall, donating clothes is a pretty logical and convenient thing to do for most people.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.