Lydia Millen #151 Still an idiot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning - and welcome to today 🌹

How are you this somewhat damp Autumn morning? I’m spending this week-end going Hygge! I do this every year at this time. I’ve had a big sort out of my cosy clothes and have started wearing scarves again. Thick woolly ones that wrap around so much you can only just about see over the top of them. I love the Ugg showing posts we have started to see here! I wear mine with comfy clothes indoors. I’ve had them a few years but because I only wear them indoors they do look remarkably clean. Years ago, I remenber I had chestnut Ugg’s , dark brown Ugg’s and a pair of Jimmy Choo Ugg’s with tassel fringes round the top which I bought at Bicester. I couldn’t believe Jimmy Choo and Ugg’s were a ‘thing’. Anyway, I scuff around in my cosy house Uggs and light candles and make soup and hot chocolate and pretend I’m in a log cabin and there are deer and bears outside that come to see me for a stroke and some sit-down cuddles. It’s been the same big grizly bear since I discovered Hygge a few years ago 😜. I have shown below a picture of my Hygge Heap which I will now go and arrange nicely in my boot room. I feel cosier already. 🥰

Peace ✌

C8B450BC-F526-40AD-BA13-DD7C10143735.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
8504971E-AF51-4483-A205-458D5A7ABB30.jpeg

This is my Hygge Bear who comes to see me in my imaginary log cabin btw!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Good morning - and welcome to today 🌹

How are you this somewhat damp Autumn morning? I’m spending this week-end going Hygge! I do this every year at this time. I’ve had a big sort out of my cosy clothes and have started wearing scarves again. Thick woolly ones that wrap around so much you can only just about see over the top of them. I love the Ugg showing posts we have started to see here! I wear mine with comfy clothes indoors. I’ve had them a few years but because I only wear them indoors they do look remarkably clean. Years ago, I remenber I had chestnut Ugg’s , dark brown Ugg’s and a pair of Jimmy Choo Ugg’s with tassel fringes round the top which I bought at Bicester. I couldn’t believe Jimmy Choo and Ugg’s were a ‘thing’. Anyway, I scuff around in my cosy house Uggs and light candles and make soup and hot chocolate and pretend I’m in a log cabin and there are deer and bears outside that come to see me for a stroke and some sit-down cuddles. It’s been the same big grizly bear since I discovered Hygge a few years ago 😜. I have shown below a picture of my Hygge Heap which I will now go and arrange nicely in my boot room. I feel cosier already. 🥰

Peace ✌

View attachment 1651876
Love this! It’s a hyggescape! Like your amazing handbagscape last year! That’s how to do a “scape” Lydia! Not your dry tablescape on a table full of crevices!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
While influencers like Victoria and others went to the new Prada perfume launch party in London, Lydia's assistant was arranging her perfume bottles on shelves in her dressing room...

And rather than re-posting madams HC shoot of dreams, HC have posted this influencers unboxing of their new candle. This influencer lady likes sausage dogs and pretty dresses too!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hang on a minute here - (@Oops... I know these weren't your words, but I'm too lazy to seek out @InTheFroset 's original post - somehow I seem to have missed some posts overnight).

Firstly - Haiti - I cannot, and do not wish to bully anybody into having the same philosophy as mine, as we are all uniquely different - however it would seem less jarring to refer to such states as Haiti as 'non-OECD' rather than 'third world'. Also - Haitians deserve to have their work acknowledged, and to be paid an income. If Jade Holland was misrepresenting her brand, that is a completely different matter, and perhaps take that up with the company themselves - but please don't withhold your purchasing, because it is made in an economically disadvantaged state. :eek:😲

It is possible that I'm not expressing myself very well, but I find this type of attitude and insensitivity around less fortunate states to be sickening. (Don't even get me started on the conversations that I see on here regarding 'old money' and 'new money'. 🤢 ) Usually I manage to ignore and scroll past, but on this occasion I felt compelled to mention something.

I'm definitely getting me coat now.
Just for the sake of clarity dear @fedup90210 What I said in my post was to illustrate the fact I felt duped or taken in by a big fat fib.
This had nothing to do with the fact some goods were from Haiti or anywhere else in the world.
As it happens in other areas of my life (without going into too much detail here) I have done a considerable amount of work with certain charities promoting the pay (particularly of women but men as well) in countries which can be hideously exploited. I speak mainly of sweat shops and have published photos on here as an example of why not to support Boo Hoo etc.
I am most certainly not withholding because it’s been made where it’s been made. I am surprised you might think I would tbh. I’m sure you know I would never like to upset you with anything I write. X

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
While influencers like Victoria and others went to the new Prada perfume launch party in London, Lydia's assistant was arranging her perfume bottles on shelves in her dressing room...

And rather than re-posting madams HC shoot of dreams, HC have posted this influencers unboxing of their new candle. This influencer lady likes sausage dogs and pretty dresses too!! :LOL:

You are not supposed to have perfume out where the sunlight can get to them. I noticed most of them where multiples of the same Aerin scent, must be gifted ones.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

I found the sold out post!
I had no idea about Vic failed clothing line. Reminds me of a Valeria Lipovetski video I recently watched were she open up about the failures they encountered with their brand (can't remember the nae sorry). She is actually selling suits now. Thing is with these influencers, they don't really have "original" ideas. You could argue that nothing really is original nowadays, but I mean would they have a style of their own, a signature item that is fashion forward they could really build something from that. But to be like Vic, obsessed with suits, there's not much creativity in that. They must find something more to be famous for. For example, coming up with crochet pieces a few years ago would have been different and fashion forward, now it's too late. They really lack the vision. Most often that not they just come up with copy cats brands or merchandising lines (Lipovetski's case), which is fine is your goal is to make money, but not if you want to elevate your brand to the likes of designers brands (which they do).

• Heart
Reactions: 19

One more proof of how little effort Lyds puts into her content and product presentation. Louise filmed a nice unboxing, Lidl's candle just appeared in the background of her dressing room.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I had no idea about Vic failed clothing line. Reminds me of a Valeria Lipovetski video I recently watched were she open up about the failures they encountered with their brand (can't remember the nae sorry). She is actually selling suits now. Thing is with these influencers, they don't really have "original" ideas. You could argue that nothing really is original nowadays, but I mean would they have a style of their own, a signature item that is fashion forward they could really build something from that. But to be like Vic, obsessed with suits, there's not much creativity in that. They must find something more to be famous for. For example, coming up with crochet pieces a few years ago would have been different and fashion forward, now it's too late. They really lack the vision. Most often that not they just come up with copy cats brands or merchandising lines (Lipovetski's case), which is fine is your goal is to make money, but not if you want to elevate your brand to the likes of designers brands (which they do).
True. However, I understand this is a fine line. It has to make financial sense for them obv, the product must be marketable and have a large enough target audience. It is a fairly safe choice to launch a line of items you are famous for wearing well for example. Suits, dresses etc. is not original but it sells well (ok well depends #caramellon). Highly fashion-forward or innovative pieces can be very risky because you don't know if there is demand for it. "Classic" items are more predictable. You get my point. On the other hand, nichier products can be extremely profitable. It's a business decision in the end. Anyhow, Vic did the right thing. Chapeau.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
True. However, I understand this is a fine line. It has to make financial sense for them obv, the product must be marketable and have a large enough target audience. It is a fairly safe choice to launch a line of items you are famous for wearing well for example. Suits, dresses etc. is not original but it sells well (ok well depends #caramellon). Highly fashion-forward or innovative pieces can be very risky because you don't know if there is demand for it. "Classic" items are more predictable. You get my point. On the other hand, nichier products can be extremely profitable. It's a business decision in the end. Anyhow, Vic did the right thing. Chapeau.
Yes completely agree. I was not thinking of them selling crazy weird things. But for instance Jeanne Damas' brand made sense since at the time it was all straight jeans, moms jeans, boyfriend jeans. She launched her vintage inspired brand at the perfect time when people where started to see themselves wearing flare pants again. Same for slip dresses, cardigan tops etc... And now, everytime something starts to become mainstream, she revives another vintage piece. Her concept is literally copy her vintage wardrobe, timeless pieces that will always come back in style.
I don't see that IT concept in launching a tracksuit collection (Valeria Lipovetski) or colorblock suit sets (Vic), it's just too déjà-vu and not fresh enough.
And I'm not saying it's not gonna sell. It is. But it's just not gonna take their brand to the status they want it to be. It will just be seen as yet another influencer brand.

Anyways it's not really Lydia related sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I think Vic, with her PhD in faashhhun did a survey/questionnaire prior to this to assess demand.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I humbly present myself to Ambassador of Bullshit (titles titles... Sorry I'm new at this and just trying to keep up 🤣).

I come with more evidence that our Madam of all things schnoot and dreams doesn't even attempt to know what she is advertising! Idiot!

So, in the last flog she tells us about the pink dress from amazon made in china that she believes is made of cachemire because it feels like her other cachemire pieces she owns. She is not sure, but she believes. Doesn't check. She believes. So, logically doesn't require looking up.
She knows she might be wrong but doesn't even take the time to check before flogging that to the minion community. They will belive too. (It's like a cult you see?? You just have to believe and so it shall be 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 i just rimmed 🤭😵).

Anyway, I thought to search with my Google Lens app and translate that tag. Imagine my surprise (not!).
It's not 100% cachemire but 100% Australian wool! (Still a natural fibre, i know).
This wasn't a horrendous mistake, this fibre has it's merrit. That's not my point.
I'm sure you'll agree, what I am remarking on is how she doesn't care. She omits and lies. She doesn't check what she's saying before she speaks. No way you develop a trusting relationship with types of sellers like her!

I'll stop myself now, and leave you with said evidence 🤭

It has been a pleasure working undercover for your Ambassadorship! ❤
Getting my coat Ambassador of Getting my Coat!🤭❤
But she’s an honest person! She says so in her 2nd to last flog 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.