Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get irrationally annoyed by people calling animals fluffers or fluffs, I think it’s demeaning. They aren’t soft toys!
I'm also really sad that so many influencers are getting animals as little more than cute accessories.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
You'd think for 10 YeArS iN ThE InDUstRY she'd get a basic clip on mic.
So basic.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why oh why as a luxury influencer would you not document your journey on getting an extremely sought after Kelly.She really needs calling out on her bullshit.would you not film actually going to the Hermes store and even if you can’t film inside at least film the day you actually acquired your dream bag.none of it rings true.Reading her comments on the mini Kelly she must realise everyone thinks it’s either a fake or a from a re seller.I just can’t with her thinking she is so special that Hermes would get her dream bag within a few months.Bollocks Lydia.
If she bought it second hand why doesn't she say it? What's the shame? So many women do.

Inferiority complex. She needs to be that rich hermes client that has a special relationship with them. Why? Buying second hand is fine, who cares as long as you've got the bag you want??? Plus if it's second hand why doesn't she ra't about it being more sustainable to look better than thee? That's why people think it's fake.

Plus you don't get anything else from hermes than a client relationship, they're never gonna do business with you, they don't need you Elsie. So why not openly saying you bought your bags on Sellier or whatever and negotiate a deal with them??? So stupid.

SHe makes everything so complicated. Like her new rebranding, why did she have to rant about it and make it so unclear what it was she was talking about in her vlog??? Just say you've rebranded and we'll see the new visuals slowly appear on her insta for God's sake.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Hello everyone. Not sure if this has been mentioned but as you are aware Lydia wouldn’t have thought of her ‘chapters’ and new aesthetic this year herself. It’s pretty obvious she is paying a creative agency called Stories Studio. Just thought you might want a nosey! We know Lydia isn’t original!!

@seasons_boutique
@_storiesstudio
Absolutely spot on and she did mention them and tag them in one of her vlogs.

Just seen this on insta, coming to lydiaelisemillen.com in 3, 2, 1...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Conclusion from last nights flog from this thread - she's a moron who knows nothing about bags and didn't even take the time (half an hour) to do some proper Google research, or bother to watch some good bag vlogs from other influencers (couple of hours).

She mentions and shows Hermes bags but doesn't like the fact that this throws up questions - what do you expect idiot?

Funny how she loves the Lady Diors but didn't bother to show the sage green one (never been used) or the flowery one (never been used) or the one with the astrological stuff on (don't think she sold that). The one she sold at Sellier was the black textured one.

She still has six things for sale on Sellier https://www.sellierknightsbridge.com/search?q=lydia&type=product, very surprised the prices havent been dropped and shocked someone bought the Burberry jacket covered in foundation, unless they returned it to her!

She will have another Hermes bag soon I'm sure of it, she said she loves them and can't get the one she wants at the moment, I bet it is a taupe coloured kelly (don't know proper name for that colour)

Friday today so must be Farmhouse Fridays - another day of no work for this part timer!

Regarding bags at lower price points - she is really so so ignorant here, there are tons and tons of makes around the £200-£700 make, Sophie Shohet does videos on things like that a lot at the moment, there are some Prada, See By Chloe, Maje, Coach, small YSL etc, loads, and if you buy something not current season you can get even better deals somewhere like The Outnet. But she would rather recommend a brand none of us have heard of or seen, and she didn't even take the time to contact the brand and get them to send her a bag to show in a vlog, even a loan bag. How dumb!
Her comment: "....my budget has expanded..." what a joke!
She must of forgot she bought an Amazon basket bag to replicate Hermes.... it cost £15! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Read that response from her ..........what a complete dumb duck with zero interest in her audience.

She put that bag out there for the poor morons that watch her but she would never buy it because:

A: She is a snob
B: She evidently doesn't like it but uses the excuse that it wouldn't be utilised in her wardrobe???
C: She has more money so doesn't want to buy cheap tit .. but her audience should.

I mean the audacity to even put a response out there like that is purely pretentious ..... "I am so swanky I have more money to splurge, but here you go peasants get some nasty ass Japanese tit for your budgets".

Vomitworthy snobby twit as usual! :sick:
“I have expanded my budget” what an absolute twit

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
During the podcast Lydiot mentions that the company who managed her didn't work out, so she hired Cawwie to be her manager. I got the feeling that they dropped her rather than she dropped them. Could it be that they had complaints from brands about her attitude or her demands? It just seems like everyone at the top of their game uses management. But I guess Lydiot knows best. 🤣 🤣 I wonder if she ever turned up at a shoot for the first time with a brand and they went "She looks nothing like her photos." Those early Loreal photos looked nothing like the photos she posted of herself, that had been edited by Ali. Which I always found strange. Was Ali not satisfied with her appearance and preferred the Lydia he created in Photoshop?
I thought the SAME! It was interesting how she worded it and revealed a little more than she has in the past. Like it was a sudden parting she hadn’t planned for. Then she and this Roxy woman bonded over not having a management company because those companies can’t devote 100% of their time and attention to the “talent”. I don’t think they understand what management companies do, especially for people like Lydia who were realitvely unknown in the world and to big brands. She makes it more about money and not having 100% focus on her.

Neither of em recognized that management has the relationships, strategies and so much more. I bet Lydia wouldn’t have gotten those early gigs with brands without their help and relationships.

It’s quite clear now that her “blazing own trail” 🙄 of best friend manager who has no relationships, law or business background, no you tube account, watches no videos, and has no interest in fashion “managing“ her career and deals.

All this rambling like hiring Cawwie launched her into the stratosphere when she’s only done an ad for a dirty toaster, set a table for a tv show, and pretended to be obsessed a workout mirror. And lest you forget doing this podcast and gushing about an ‘author’ and book having only read HALF OF IT! 🤯

• Heart
  • Sick
Conclusion from last nights flog from this thread - she's a moron who knows nothing about bags and didn't even take the time (half an hour) to do some proper Google research, or bother to watch some good bag vlogs from other influencers (couple of hours).

She mentions and shows Hermes bags but doesn't like the fact that this throws up questions - what do you expect idiot?

Funny how she loves the Lady Diors but didn't bother to show the sage green one (never been used) or the flowery one (never been used) or the one with the astrological stuff on (don't think she sold that). The one she sold at Sellier was the black textured one.

She still has six things for sale on Sellier https://www.sellierknightsbridge.com/search?q=lydia&type=product, very surprised the prices havent been dropped and shocked someone bought the Burberry jacket covered in foundation, unless they returned it to her!

She will have another Hermes bag soon I'm sure of it, she said she loves them and can't get the one she wants at the moment, I bet it is a taupe coloured kelly (don't know proper name for that colour)

Friday today so must be Farmhouse Fridays - another day of no work for this part timer!

Regarding bags at lower price points - she is really so so ignorant here, there are tons and tons of makes around the £200-£700 make, Sophie Shohet does videos on things like that a lot at the moment, there are some Prada, See By Chloe, Maje, Coach, small YSL etc, loads, and if you buy something not current season you can get even better deals somewhere like The Outnet. But she would rather recommend a brand none of us have heard of or seen, and she didn't even take the time to contact the brand and get them to send her a bag to show in a vlog, even a loan bag. How dumb!
So basically what Lydia is saying in this comment is this bag is too cheap for me to use but if any of you are looking for something cheap here it’s the one you should buy. Totally effing unbelievable.

Oh my...
I had to go back and look as I failed to spot it. But what a good eye @Miscanthus

Not only are the pockets pulling, but the actual trousers are. The strain on the thigh fabric is visible.
This is what happens when you do nothing all day but sit on the couch and scroll through your phone and eat lots of bread and cheese and of course drink all those bottles of wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought the SAME! It was interesting how she worded it and revealed a little more than she has in the past. Like it was a sudden parting she hadn’t planned for. Then she and this Roxy woman bonded over not having a management company because those companies can’t devote 100% of their time and attention to the “talent”. I don’t think they understand what management companies do, especially for people like Lydia who were realitvely unknown in the world and to big brands. She makes it more about money and not having 100% focus on her.

Neither of em recognized that management has the relationships, strategies and so much more. I bet Lydia wouldn’t have gotten those early gigs with brands without their help and relationships.

It’s quite clear now that her “blazing own trail” 🙄 of best friend manager who has no relationships, law or business background, no you tube account, watches no videos, and has no interest in fashion “managing“ her career and deals.

All this rambling like hiring Cawwie launched her into the stratosphere when she’s only done an ad for a dirty toaster, set a table for a tv show, and pretended to be obsessed a workout mirror. And lest you forget doing this podcast and gushing about an ‘author’ and book having only read HALF OF IT! 🤯
This ⬆⬆⬆
Do you recall her saying she didn't do well at school and would have done better with a private tutor so the whole focus was on her? Ugh!

Also, it's funny that Lidl persuaded Frow to ditch the agency and she's now doing well, even though her bestie is her manager. Cawwie is a big part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Read that response from her ..........what a complete dumb duck with zero interest in her audience.

She put that bag out there for the poor morons that watch her but she would never buy it because:

A: She is a snob
B: She evidently doesn't like it but uses the excuse that it wouldn't be utilised in her wardrobe???
C: She has more money so doesn't want to buy cheap tit .. but her audience should.

I mean the audacity to even put a response out there like that is purely pretentious ..... "I am so swanky I have more money to splurge, but here you go peasants get some nasty ass Japanese tit for your budgets".

Vomitworthy snobby twit as usual! :sick:
I just read your response. Great minds think alike but you put it so much more eloquently than I did. Lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just wanted to make all our lovely Tattlers aware that today in all schools in Italy it's "Odd sock" day where all children go to school in mismatched socks in the name of charity for children with Autism.

The message is that just because something is different, doesn't mean it's wrong ...... and in actual fact being different is actually quite special.

There I go tearing up ... FFS :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
This ⬆⬆⬆
Do you recall her saying she didn't do well at school and would have done better with a private tutor so the whole focus was on her? Ugh!

Also, it's funny that Lidl persuaded Frow to ditch the agency and she's now doing well, even though her bestie is her manager. Cawwie is a big part of the problem.
Yes agree! And the talk of throw away friendships and how she had to learn that she has to treat the relationship with respect and that a friendship is like a marriage. That was strange. I never thought of any of my friends as throw away or whatever word she used.

Just wanted to make all our lovely Tattlers aware that today in all schools in Italy it's "Odd sock" day where all children go to school in mismatched socks in the name of charity for children with Autism.

The message is that just because something is different, doesn't mean it's wrong ...... and in actual fact being different is actually quite special.

There I go tearing up ... FFS :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Aww how nice! My nephew has Asperger. I saw this a while back. Really love it.

4E6AEE8F-C863-413D-8A65-D12BAA4004E5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Absolutely spot on and she did mention them and tag them in one of her vlogs.

Just seen this on insta, coming to lydiaelisemillen.com in 3, 2, 1...
These posts are gruesome and cringy - even the originals. I'd be embarrassed to write such cliched dross on any platform.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Not sure if we are still doing Show Us Yer Plate but I have just spent the best part of the day (between other bits and bobs) making my husband a birthday cake with my toddler sous chef. I'm no baker but I do like to at least give it my best shot for loved ones birthdays. It's a Neapolitan cake - each layer with its buttercream is flavoured differently - dark chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

And on that note, as my arse as literally just hit the sofa with my cup of coffee, my toddler has emerged from her room upstairs shouting "DINNER, YUMMY!". Who's telling her it's only 3pm?

PXL_20220204_151358803.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Such a red flag that she saw school friends as "throwaway friendships". Think it says way more about her than them...

• Heart
  • Sick

Yes - I thought the same at the time because she said ‘it didn’t work out’ but then added ‘I was crushed.. where do I go?’ which implied that she had no part in the split.

I also think that management companies would have the experience and relationships with the brands to get you the best contract and guide you as to what the brand are looking for you to specifically promote. Having someone like Carrie represent you with no experience or expertise in any aspect of lifestyle/luxury/beauty or of legal/business background couldn’t possibly be as effective. They are literally Dumb and Dumber.

That’s lovely ❤ - my nephew has severe autism but loves music and is a really cute dancer. Really tough for the parents, though, it has to be said.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
UK Tattlers, when will we have the opportunity to have a nosey at Lyds' Companies House accounts ? Would love to know the coins she's amassed for the last year ... 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Different Hermes leathers cause the change in price of bags, can vary by up to £1000 apparently. Been looking into them a bit today.

For the black Kelly she has - I doubt she would have got it at that price, I don't know about Hermes retail pricing but would imagine a black Kelly with palladium hardware is very hard to come by as is the black mini Kelly, proven by the mad prices on the re-sale sites.

So we all agree, she looked tit in the same outfit she's worn for loads of things all filmed in one day, blotchy fake tan, weird mannerisms, ridiculous accent, definitely lying and weird weird choice of bags, didn't mention her Pochette Metis, didn't show her other Lady Diors or Fendis, just weird and pointless, no one learnt anything from that tit show!
Yup yup yup yuuuuppp. BTW monogram Pochette Métis is a true classic and I am so very happy old school Lydia harped on and on about it. My first luxury bag purchase and zero regrets. Could have the black one now as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.