Lydia Millen #119 Bracing for her yearly crash, don’t worry, she’ll graduate from therapy in a flash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for your kind comments. My son is all better now but it did take about a month to fully recover.
I do know that it takes longer for big companies to pay invoices as I’ve dealt with a few in the past however I was assured it would be paid before I even sent them and there was no mention that it might take longer. If I’d have been told upfront then I’d have been ok with that.
What annoyed me the most was the lack of support from Lydia, to use my company and not bother giving me a shoutout is just so rude! And to now claim she’s all about supporting small businesses is just a plain lie! She’s all about supporting herself only.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
“I do love a dirty Land Rover, look at the state of it.”

Of course you so dear, you think it makes you look more countryside.

It’s actually a Range Rover not a Land Rover though. Again trying with the countryside flex.
Looks like it's owner

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is LC doing the garden reno or some other mug?

also why did she link the Daylesford candle to amazon when there are available on the Daylesford site?
Because when you click the link to Amazon she will get a slice of everything else you buy on Amazon. I was told this and find it unbelievable but apparently true. She’s shady as f*#^k.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
In last night's vlog she said she'd be very concerned about anyone who lost a lot of weight...do you think she's raised concerns with Carrie?

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Also can we talk about how she complained about work and travel and how she needs two more weeks off in summer? Besides the obvious fact that she’s already just had 2 weeks off and that’s more than some people get…

Listen that is why some people take a vacation in the summer… you know a trip that they pay for themselves. And you know… “unplug” to spend quality time with friends and family.

She makes ridiculous money per post and at any time could carve out a week for a vacation and not try to get it free and tag the place and post ridiculous photos the entire time. They haven’t ever ( that I can think of ) done this. Yet she blames this on the brands and her job. I call BS!

She’s so worried about working less when she barely works. Work meaning she films herself trying on clothes and cleaning the house. If her career really is on the decline she could at ANY time work harder. Be easier to work with and meet deadlines. Make an extra video a week. Hire a real manager and team. Nope she just wants to play the victim. She’s lucky Ali is still working and has brand deals… though she’s probably ruined some of them. Notice neither of em wear their long-jeans watches 🧐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Long time lurker here! I’ve been sitting on my experience with Lydia since last summer and quietly steaming over it but after watching last nights vlog I’m fuming! So I’ve decided to share with you, it may be a long one!

I run my own small business making both knitted a dried flower wreaths. I received a message through my Etsy store from a lady asking if I could make 30 flower wreaths and have them delivered within 5 days, it’s a big order for a small business like mine so I checked I had enough stock and could get the extra I needed then agreed. I said I’d need payment before I sent them so she gave me her email address to send the invoice to. The email had boohoo.com at the end so I was very excited thinking I was sending them for a boohoo event and that it might mean I’d get a mention.
During these few days my son became very poorly and was rushed to hospital (it was suspected meningitis but turned out to be covid) he was taken into hospital 3 times that week and I was beside myself with worry as any mum would be. Between hospital visits I stayed up and made each wreath, working till 4am. At this point I still hadn’t received payment but was told that this lady was waiting for funds to be transferred to the company credit card so she could pay me, I decided to send the wreaths because I’d spent all that time making them and as a well known company I felt safe that it would be paid.
The next I received a tagged story from an influencer and it had my wreath in it along with an item from Karen Millen, I was confused. So I looked deeper and it turned out that my wreaths had been used as part of PR packages sent by Lydia! I looked on her stories numerous times that week and on one she’d shared my wreath but hadn’t tagged my business! She’d only tagged the “influencer” who’d shared it.
At this point my invoice still hadn’t been paid, I sent numerous emails and messages to the lady who’d contacted me during that week and at first she made lots of excuses then towards the end of the week started completely ignoring me. I didn’t know what to do! So I emailed Lydia and explained what had happened. I got a response from Carrie saying she was sorry and would make sure it was sorted asap.
Another week went by with no payment, I did get an email from the original lady saying she was sorry and would get it sorted straight away but it wasn’t. In total it took almost 4 weeks for the invoice to be paid. I emailed Carrie and told her how annoyed I was. I’d spent the nights my son was in hospital making these for Lydia whilst being so worried about him and not only could they not pay for what they’d had, Lydia never once gave me a mention in her stories. No thank you. Nothing! I was gutted and so angry!
So last nights vlog has peed me off so much! Talking about how she wants to work with small brands and help them grow! That one business she’s shared now can afford private school! I’m now struggling for sales as many businesses are and she could have helped me! It’s just not fair 😭
Sorry for the long post but I needed to get that off my chest. And if you’re reading Lydia, shame on you!
This really is disgraceful.

So what can we deduce from this? Carrie, the “Chief Operating Officer” (do me a f%ckin favour) has no authority to pay an invoice? Or access to sufficient business funds? Or the brains to resolve an issue in a timely manner? Or is Her Majesty in the habit of saying “let them wait”? Or have they even less cash flow than we thought? Or did she never intend on paying you and only did so reluctantly in case of backlash? Or did the dog eat her journal and it was all a simple mistake?

You don’t need these leeching morons. Why not have a go at your own YouTube Channel? If you’re camera shy, maybe just film yourself making the products, giving care tips etc with voiceover. Review who you follow on Instagram. Georgie Coleridge Cole who heads Sheerluxe does has an entrepreneur seminar each year, maybe worth looking into and she’s always featuring women in business. Anyway, I wish you good luck. If I was there, I do this for you ❤ (It actually looks a bit like me🤣).

1641903834539.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Just watched her last two vlogs. Could she possibly get any smugger. That whole ring scenerio goes to show how she will never ever be happy in her life. I mean that was a Tiffany ring Ali gave her. And she swapped it up for a Chupi. Now don't get me wrong Chupi Sweetman is a lovely person. She has created a very successful business. I won't take that from her. However Ali probably saved to get her that Tiffany ring. And were is it now. Left in a box somewhere. Most people struggling to get bills paid and she is upgrading her rings every few months. She is shallow and just really not a nice person. When will these followers on you tube not twig on to this????
Don’t think Ali saved full price to get her the ring as think he got it discounted at Tiffany.

Reactions: 16
Thank you for your kind comments. My son is all better now but it did take about a month to fully recover.
I do know that it takes longer for big companies to pay invoices as I’ve dealt with a few in the past however I was assured it would be paid before I even sent them and there was no mention that it might take longer. If I’d have been told upfront then I’d have been ok with that.
What annoyed me the most was the lack of support from Lydia, to use my company and not bother giving me a shoutout is just so rude! And to now claim she’s all about supporting small businesses is just a plain lie! She’s all about supporting herself only.
Agree 1000%. Thank you for sharing! I think I remember the pretty wreath in the repost! I hope your business and family are doing well.

I do really worry about these small businesses that she’s seeking out and then taking it upon herself to “educate” about the internet or conning them into some deal like Toni. She’s clearly a predator who is only concerned about herself.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Also can we talk about how she complained about work and travel and how she needs two more weeks off in summer? Besides the obvious fact that she’s already just had 2 weeks off and that’s more than some people get…

Listen that is why some people take a vacation in the summer… you know a trip that they pay for themselves. And you know… “unplug” to spend quality time with friends and family.

She makes ridiculous money per post and at any time could carve out a week for a vacation and not try to get it free and tag the place and post ridiculous photos the entire time. They haven’t ever ( that I can think of ) done this. Yet she blames this on the brands and her job. I call BS!

She’s so worried about working less when she barely works. Work meaning she films herself trying on clothes and cleaning the house. If her career really is on the decline she could at ANY time work harder. Be easier to work with and meet deadlines. Make an extra video a week. Hire a real manager and team. Nope she just wants to play the victim. She’s lucky Ali is still working and has brand deals… though she’s probably ruined some of them. Notice neither of em wear their long-jeans watches 🧐
With everything going on in the influencer world right now I'm surprised Lydia isn't working hard/being represented by management who have experience and can be her safety net.
With 119 Tattle threads and a horrendous bullying history I'd be quaking in my boots if I was her. The influencer community are at risk for a good reason and being dropped by all these brands and spending stupid cash on things with zero ROI will be her downfall.

I'll be here 🍿🍿🍿🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This really is disgraceful.

So what can we deduce from this? Carrie, the “Chief Operating Officer” (do me a f%ckin favour) has no authority to pay an invoice? Or access to sufficient business funds? Or the brains to resolve an issue in a timely manner? Or is Her Majesty in the habit of saying “let them wait”? Or have they even less cash flow than we thought? Or did she never intend on paying you and only did so reluctantly in case of backlash? Or did the dog eat her journal and it was all a simple mistake?

You don’t need these leeching morons. Why not have a go at your own YouTube Channel? If you’re camera shy, maybe just film yourself making the products, giving care tips etc with voiceover. Review who you follow on Instagram. Georgie Coleridge Cole who heads Sheerluxe does has an entrepreneur seminar each year, maybe worth looking into and she’s always featuring women in business. Anyway, I wish you good luck. If I was there, I do this for you ❤ (It actually looks a bit like me🤣).

View attachment 981740
She has a cavalier attitude about paying for services, not too long ago in a vlog she said that DHL had refused to deliver until she settled an unpaid charge, she was angry and affronted, So was I 😳😳😳😳

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Long time lurker here! I’ve been sitting on my experience with Lydia since last summer and quietly steaming over it but after watching last nights vlog I’m fuming! So I’ve decided to share with you, it may be a long one!

I run my own small business making both knitted a dried flower wreaths. I received a message through my Etsy store from a lady asking if I could make 30 flower wreaths and have them delivered within 5 days, it’s a big order for a small business like mine so I checked I had enough stock and could get the extra I needed then agreed. I said I’d need payment before I sent them so she gave me her email address to send the invoice to. The email had boohoo.com at the end so I was very excited thinking I was sending them for a boohoo event and that it might mean I’d get a mention.
During these few days my son became very poorly and was rushed to hospital (it was suspected meningitis but turned out to be covid) he was taken into hospital 3 times that week and I was beside myself with worry as any mum would be. Between hospital visits I stayed up and made each wreath, working till 4am. At this point I still hadn’t received payment but was told that this lady was waiting for funds to be transferred to the company credit card so she could pay me, I decided to send the wreaths because I’d spent all that time making them and as a well known company I felt safe that it would be paid.
The next I received a tagged story from an influencer and it had my wreath in it along with an item from Karen Millen, I was confused. So I looked deeper and it turned out that my wreaths had been used as part of PR packages sent by Lydia! I looked on her stories numerous times that week and on one she’d shared my wreath but hadn’t tagged my business! She’d only tagged the “influencer” who’d shared it.
At this point my invoice still hadn’t been paid, I sent numerous emails and messages to the lady who’d contacted me during that week and at first she made lots of excuses then towards the end of the week started completely ignoring me. I didn’t know what to do! So I emailed Lydia and explained what had happened. I got a response from Carrie saying she was sorry and would make sure it was sorted asap.
Another week went by with no payment, I did get an email from the original lady saying she was sorry and would get it sorted straight away but it wasn’t. In total it took almost 4 weeks for the invoice to be paid. I emailed Carrie and told her how annoyed I was. I’d spent the nights my son was in hospital making these for Lydia whilst being so worried about him and not only could they not pay for what they’d had, Lydia never once gave me a mention in her stories. No thank you. Nothing! I was gutted and so angry!
So last nights vlog has peed me off so much! Talking about how she wants to work with small brands and help them grow! That one business she’s shared now can afford private school! I’m now struggling for sales as many businesses are and she could have helped me! It’s just not fair 😭
Sorry for the long post but I needed to get that off my chest. And if you’re reading Lydia, shame on you!
This is absolutely appauling and to be fair you should possibly post about your dealings with Little Miss LEM.

This is exactly why she is the shady influencer she is and why she gets so much backlash.

Just becuase you are a small busines don't let her piss all over you like she has done with thousands of other small brands .. speak up and be heard .... you will have all Tattle members behind you if you decide to!!

Really happy your son is better and welcome to this amazing thread family xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Yes! SHAME ON YOU!!

I am standing in solidarity with @welshy101 .

If you are with me say ‘AYE’…

All that cringeworthy guff she came out with and here’s the real truth. Waitrose Pet? NEVER…

• Heart
Reactions: 36
No surprise hearing this story, I agree, Lydia could have paid the invoice and claimed it back or pushed to get it paid, but why would she, and she didn't mention the company either because she wasn't told the name, didn't bother to ask and find out, and didn't care.

Anyhow, last nights vlog we can all agree was her sad attempt to answer the questions we have posed for a long time, and give her reasoning as to why she's erm working with different brands - lets call it that to be kind!

Going back to the 'we are investing in different things' translated as we do not have the money for a cottage, but I look on Right Move every day! Hmm, yes course well that will explain that you are not happy as you are and you want to either move or get a second property! I just had a look at 2 bed cottages in the Cotswolds, very broad search, no particular village etc, but you can see that you can get a little 2 bed period cottage for around £550,000-£800,000. If she is earning what we think she's earning, surely she could afford the mortgage on that amount, and put down a deposit of £100,000 or less.

I appreciate there are more desirable villages and areas in the Cotswolds and I don't know which are the best, and of course Elsie knows as she says location is everything. So does that mean she bought a new build because the location was so good, rather than a nicer house, period style which is what she wants in a lesser location?

This article lists Northampton villages that are desirable and Stoke Bruerne is in the list, so seems to be a nice place to live, and she may well love the area, but I am sure she does not love her house!
She may have been casting shade at Grossie because her property, albeit characterful, is essentially a semi detached....can you imagine Elsie being disturbed by those church bells?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Tbf, Ali's "jokes" are most time tasteless.

Or it was hopefully Ken.

She put probably three grams on during holidays, like everyone else, and is now losing her mind over it. Calm down, Elsie!
But all that bread pasta crisps cheese and wine will eventually catch up with her she isn’t 20 years old anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 18
No Splainer! Reckon they cut him out as Teefers only got a couple of seconds.
I think they will have offered him his own series! 😁
I watched the programme and still managed to miss Teefers - she must have been at the very beginning? Anyway, it was an interesting watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sure as a small business you are used to delaying tactics when it comes to paying you but, as you say, they told you that you would be paid. Its particularly bad that you were not credited..how hard is it to put a tag on an image?
Would it be OK if I put your post on the WIKI with other posts from people who have personal experience of Lydia?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sorry I just had to go back and watch the rest of the tit from the last vlog and oh my oh my ....

The part that got me was the sit down where she goes on and on about how her view on "brands" has changed. If anyone can win at being disingenuous it's this woman right here!!

1: The part about shifting to smaller brands is all a cover up as it is NOT her choice, it's that the brands no longer see her as an influence ...she doesn't do high quality content for fashion .. she represents everything a high end designer brand doesn't want (KM/Bohoo/Amazon etc etc) hence no partnerships.

2: The pabout her "influence" allowing a business owner to send their children to private school was portrayed as some kind of pseudo charitable effort or "giving back" so that she could say she has been selfless but it was just revolting.

3: Hairburst was an out and out lie: She never liked them and even said in 1 of the vlogs that she didn't like them because the packaging was not to her taste. It was only after the girls in the office told her to use them during "hairgate" that she started blowing their trumpet. So really the girls in your office should have got the partnership .. NOT YOU lovely! So you didn't influence 1 bloody thing and your opinion was wrong from the outset!

The whole "I am working with brands that understand the internet" was laughable .... it was a preface to the fact that brands don't know how much tit and bad press she can bring them so she needs an established brand to be able to deal with this type of backlash ...all calculated .. clever you Lydsx

But the piece de resistence was the "Brand" that "hurt" her: Translation .. you did a crappy half arsed job for them / they saw low return so they dropped you. What she fails to realise is that her reach is not like a Kim K or mega influencer. She doesn't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose anymore due to her half arsed approach to everything. She is now expendible as an influencer as there are thousands of younger and harder working girls gunning for the top spots possibly at lower price points ... so brands go where they see return .. so her emotions really don't come into play ... It's business you fool and you are not as special as you like to think you are!
👏👏👏👏👏 totally agree

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Elsie is dumb as f*** if she wants a second property so bad (which she does) then she needs to stop buying things she doesn't need just to try to impress everyone and look posh. She didn't need the defender, didn't need two Hermes bags, didn't need to upgrade her engagement ring, didn't need to buy the £43k PP watch and god knows what else she's bought.

The problem is she is beginning to live beyond her means you cant have all that expensive stuff AND a second property on what she earns. Even Zoella who is worth about £5 million only has one house, a mini cooper and a Tesla she owns with her BF.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
God she's putting in minimal effort on the stories since she's been back at work

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.