Lydia Millen #108 Josie got the dream Defender but will Elsie become a Soho House member?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how much money Elsie is earning. It appears she has no brands to work for so where is it coming from. I have read here previously that she pays for nothing but that can t still be happening.
Her work slowed after Hairgate which is just a little over a year ago. She was still getting work though it seems, until this year's February video she put out claiming to be the victim of an attack. Then brands started dropping her left and right.

Even so, she already had a over a million pounds cash in the bank so it'll take quite a while to drain that, even the way she spends. Furthermore, according to many, most of what she gets is PR or heavily discounted so she is not spending tons of her money. I bet the current renovations are heavily discounted too. The only thing we know she spent money on was the greenhouse and possibly the patio furniture but that's a drop in the bucket if she has well over a million cash. Plus, she still gets paid for YT and IG. She was getting paid at a high rate until her recent fall from grace so even if she is paid less often, she is still getting paid. Plus, Ali seems to finally be making some money on his end.

At the rate she's going though her social media career will be dead and the money will be gone eventually. She may not think so but she's clearly a shopping addict. Whether she gets a lot of this stuff for free or heavily discounted, one can see how addicted she is to opening packages. It is the spark in her day giving her moments of glee, pleasure and fulfillment. She's even said it herself in some vlogs. These things momentarily fill a void for her and she needs that hit daily it seems.

When her social media career is done, like many other social media whores, she will still have the need for material fulfillment and that's where we will see her, and many others go broke.

We've all seen the rise to fame and fortune with the phenomenon of "influencers" on social media However, it is clear how many have fallen from grace and lost their popularity. Now we are going to start witnessing their fall. Jaclyn Hill, James Charles, Jeffree Star, Tati, Shawn Dawson, The Dolan Twins etc etc. Granted Lydiot has nowhere as many followers as these people but with her self erected pedestal she has placed herself on, her arrogance, greed and abusive behavior, her fall will be hard and painful. She has a pattern of behavior being verbally abusive that will only worsen as her "star" continues to fall.

We saw the horrific way she treated Nicky. I have no doubt in my mind that she was the same verbally abusive influencer that mistreated the owner of No. 5 Blooms. She always worked with them but nothing since the owner put out that post of how badly she was treated by an influencer. Then suddenly, she's working with some new floral company for her Autumn decor and might I add, a crappy one at that.

I feel not one iota of pity for anyone that treats people the way she has. Just seeing how she talks and treats service staff on camera, terrifies me on how she treats them off and now we've seen evidence of this. I may sound hateful but abuse of others disgusts me and angers me to the core. As far as I'm concerned, Lydiot deserves the current demise of her career. And much as she tries to blame everyone else, she is the sole architect of her fall.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
How freaking rude????????? On your phone at breakfast ffs.

ETA: looks like later on in the video she's eating dinner with her elbows on the table, classy!

View attachment 806846
Off topic but I am amazed at how Josie has been able to disguise her overbite in photos. I guess her classic looking down at the ground pose and a little photo editing and no one is the wiser. On another note...so MUCH bread. It is really sad the amount of food that was cooked for those 4 people and had to go to waste. Wasting food is a real pet peeve of mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In my opinion Elsie has fallen on her feet befriending and being accepted by Teefers. I very much doubt Elsie would have ventured to Norfolk and the South of France on a holiday that wasn't completely organised by a brand. She would be even more lost for content without these joint activities.
I am not, I repeat not, a fan of Teefers but I think her horizons are much broader than Elsie and her education better. I'm betting Elsie has never eaten Beef Wellington before!
I'm pretty sure Teefers secretly looks down on Elsie while Elsie is secretly in awe of Teefers. I may be wrong given the disparity in their subs but Teefers is more cunning than Elsie who lies but still flounders around despite her team. It's just a feeling I have.
Though I dislike Josie and Charlie SO much I agree with your post ! I've been thinking about this for some time now and I think you are so right... This alliance with them has likely lifted her failing "beauty and fashion" career in many ways because she's copying the gardening, and going along with the travel for content. Yet, I'm confident that the arrogant Lydia will not see the opportunity in working as a travel vlogger with her husband who is a quite natural videographer as she likes to stay home on the floor with her true loves.. herself and the worshipping cawwie.

I cannot stand how opportunistic the gruesome twosome are but they have likely provided some sort of lifeline of venturing out and (gardening) to the dying brand of Lydia and Ali. J&C are like roaches who will live forever and feel justified in their arrogance to make money and to feed off of humanity for money (that they are owed somehow) and will try to pivot the cashflow of influencing into other things until their dying day. But Lydia being a narcissist and Ali being a good looking less smart partner may not fair as well. The feel the slights and are not smart enough (or are too full of themselves) to get real management and help... thus always getting in their own way.

It was a wee bit painful watching these leeches take full advantage of this beautiful home... and the brand partnerships. Something is so off and toxic about every single post. Bring on the Lydoit and Ali vlogs full of rose šŸæšŸæ

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
All of her spelling and grammatical errors are more pronounced when she is out with ā€œthe gangā€ or in the evening. I think she has a bit too much wine. She needs to reference who she quotes! Again, a fake and trying to make out that she is the author to those that are none the wiser. Lydia has a real low self esteem and doesnā€™t know who she is. Constantly trying to emulate everyone elseā€™s style or what they are doing. She has lost her unique and original content. The only thing she is trying to make cool is this equestrian/ witchy shoe style and wizard sleeves. It can be done well but Lydia you have to complicate things. The house content is old. Frow and Josie have done it too and surpassed Lydia. They have complete, quite beautiful homes and investments. Yet she has more money? They have their own style and life and hobbies too. If Lydia went out of the house a bit more and made her own hobbies/volunteer work she would feel better and not have that void she needs to fill with shopping. I

Reactions: 29
This new found friendship with toothy & Mr tight pants is toxic. It will sour & turn ugly & be played out on the net.
We have watched the chav lose brand after brand in front of the Internet & we will see the same here.
All inscure numpties checking tattle not stop on trips way above their level of intelligence.
Josie will fall hard as well now she will be associated with poisonous Lids.
Bring on Christmas & New year . Will they spend Christmas in the bloody area of outstanding beauty and New Year in Lids CLUBROOM !!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Everyoneā€™s talking about the most stupid ad ever about kitchen bowl.
but..HAVE YOU SEEN HER BUTCHER BLOCK?? šŸ¤®šŸ¤® how can she not manage one task in her home?? She puts her chairs at the dining table religiously on a wonk, but cleaning/maintaing a block of wood is too much to ask? Guess she likes that feline rectal flavour šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
How it is now:
View attachment 807480How it was:
View attachment 807481
Do you want to know something hilarious? It's not even the same butchers block! They're on their second butchers block, which they plan to get recessed into the island, and look at the state of the second one in a few short weeks!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I donā€™t get it, she gets paid a lot of money to do an Instagram post, but then sheā€™s complaining in her vlogs how expensive some things are to fix around the house, sheā€™s talking like 4000 pounds to fix a thing for the house is extremely expensive for her?
Almost all of the bathrooms in the house are broken, the lowers floor needs fixing.

But then she buys 3 HermĆØs bags in a couple of months? Isnā€™t THAT more expensive than fixing your home?
I just donā€™t get the priorities?! I hope Iā€™m making sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Do you want to know something hilarious? It's not even the same butchers block! They're on their second butchers block, which they plan to get recessed into the island, and look at the state of the second one in a few short weeks!
The way the other cutting board shrank and split it looks like the manufacturer did not use dried cured wood to make the cutting boards. Plus, we all know Dim and Dimmer are not being proactive in their maintenance of the cutting board, either. The construction of their cutting boards is quite rustic and though it might be Lydiot's ASSthetic it makes keeping a cutting board in sanitary condition nearly impossible. A quick look on Etsy will show you what an end grain cutting board should look like if constructed correctly and with the wood in the correct condition. No gaps and all seams between the different pieces are tight. They will have that cutting board installed by modifying the cabinet, cutting the quartz top, and then repainting the island only to have it look like $hit in a few months. Lydiot has shown photos of open islands that look like tables with an open shelf underneath that she covets for her kitchen. This may be her way of destroying the current island and getting her kitchen island of dreams without Ali or her subscribers all saying nay. She's a conniver so I wouldn't put it past her. https://www.etsy.com/listing/969198573/end-grain-teak-cutting-board-cured-with?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cutting+board&ref=sc_gallery-1-4&plkey=a9087d70cb8a2cbc57b57567c1c6b1d1d324a922:969198573&frs=1&bes=1
Edited to add that if she changes islands they will need to repair the floor under the current island as it does not have her current dream floor tiles.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Though I dislike Josie and Charlie SO much I agree with your post ! I've been thinking about this for some time now and I think you are so right... This alliance with them has likely lifted her failing "beauty and fashion" career in many ways because she's copying the gardening, and going along with the travel for content. Yet, I'm confident that the arrogant Lydia will not see the opportunity in working as a travel vlogger with her husband who is a quite natural videographer as she likes to stay home on the floor with her true loves.. herself and the worshipping cawwie.

I cannot stand how opportunistic the gruesome twosome are but they have likely provided some sort of lifeline of venturing out and (gardening) to the dying brand of Lydia and Ali. J&C are like roaches who will live forever and feel justified in their arrogance to make money and to feed off of humanity for money (that they are owed somehow) and will try to pivot the cashflow of influencing into other things until their dying day. But Lydia being a narcissist and Ali being a good looking less smart partner may not fair as well. The feel the slights and are not smart enough (or are too full of themselves) to get real management and help... thus always getting in their own way.

It was a wee bit painful watching these leeches take full advantage of this beautiful home... and the brand partnerships. Something is so off and toxic about every single post. Bring on the Lydoit and Ali vlogs full of rose šŸæšŸæ
I'm absolutely with you on this. Grossie is a survivor and will continue to thrive, adapting to changing fortunes as she has already shown. Elsie, on the other hand, is a one trick pony without the intelligence or guidance to change. Her forays into lifestyle vlogging have been as half hearted as her fashion and beauty attempts. She doesn't have the creativity or ideas in the first place but where there are opportunities she doesn't have the drive or work ethic to see things through.
I couldn't bear to watch the South of France coverage as it's a place very dear to me, with so many lovely memories. To see these four chavvy numpties there just triggers me. What an absolute waste.
I know it was said that they paid for it but I stand by my tl:dr that it was gifted. One of them (probably Grossie) begged for the trip and Elsie benefitted. They are all disgusting, ignorant, ill- mannered people who don't deserve the things they are given. Can't stand them!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Off topic but I am amazed at how Josie has been able to disguise her overbite in photos. I guess her classic looking down at the ground pose and a little photo editing and no one is the wiser. On another note...so MUCH bread. It is really sad the amount of food that was cooked for those 4 people and had to go to waste. Wasting food is a real pet peeve of mine.
I agree. Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine as well. I forensically plan menus for the week for this reason. It doesnā€™t always work, mind you, as a teen in my household might be found eating an entire packet of ham while perusing the fridge as to what to actually have for lunch. Therefore, Iā€™m more Aldi than Daylesfort Farm. Ha.

No - I reckon- itā€™s even worse with Elsie. Not only will she not appreciate the food served to her for the duration of her stay at Provence - she will undoubtedly complain that it was too rich/too french/not gluten free, etc. and left her ill all night.

Did she and Aldi not fail to turn up for breakfast? I seem to recall, on Josieā€™s vlog, that Charlie didnā€™t want to boil Teefus an egg until they were all sitting down but the other two failed to show. They then went exploring by themselves. Next thing we know, we see Elsie in dressing gown and towel round her head on a post.

I'm absolutely with you on this. Grossie is a survivor and will continue to thrive, adapting to changing fortunes as she has already shown. Elsie, on the other hand, is a one trick pony without the intelligence or guidance to change. Her forays into lifestyle vlogging have been as half hearted as her fashion and beauty attempts. She doesn't have the creativity or ideas in the first place but where there are opportunities she doesn't have the drive or work ethic to see things through.
I couldn't bear to watch the South of France coverage as it's a place very dear to me, with so many lovely memories. To see these four chavvy numpties there just triggers me. What an absolute waste.
I know it was said that they paid for it but I stand by my tl:dr that it was gifted. One of them (probably Grossie) begged for the trip and Elsie benefitted. They are all disgusting, ignorant, ill- mannered people who don't deserve the things they are given. Can't stand them!
So agree - I keep thinking of a wonderful time in the Languedoc region - it was bliss. Flew into Carcassonne and drove to an ancient farmhouse to stay, The door key in itself was a relic from the past. I canā€™t stand to watch those chancers either!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Her work slowed after Hairgate which is just a little over a year ago. She was still getting work though it seems, until this year's February video she put out claiming to be the victim of an attack. Then brands started dropping her left and right.

Even so, she already had a over a million pounds cash in the bank so it'll take quite a while to drain that, even the way she spends. Furthermore, according to many, most of what she gets is PR or heavily discounted so she is not spending tons of her money. I bet the current renovations are heavily discounted too. The only thing we know she spent money on was the greenhouse and possibly the patio furniture but that's a drop in the bucket if she has well over a million cash. Plus, she still gets paid for YT and IG. She was getting paid at a high rate until her recent fall from grace so even if she is paid less often, she is still getting paid. Plus, Ali seems to finally be making some money on his end.

At the rate she's going though her social media career will be dead and the money will be gone eventually. She may not think so but she's clearly a shopping addict. Whether she gets a lot of this stuff for free or heavily discounted, one can see how addicted she is to opening packages. It is the spark in her day giving her moments of glee, pleasure and fulfillment. She's even said it herself in some vlogs. These things momentarily fill a void for her and she needs that hit daily it seems.

When her social media career is done, like many other social media whores, she will still have the need for material fulfillment and that's where we will see her, and many others go broke.

We've all seen the rise to fame and fortune with the phenomenon of "influencers" on social media However, it is clear how many have fallen from grace and lost their popularity. Now we are going to start witnessing their fall. Jaclyn Hill, James Charles, Jeffree Star, Tati, Shawn Dawson, The Dolan Twins etc etc. Granted Lydiot has nowhere as many followers as these people but with her self erected pedestal she has placed herself on, her arrogance, greed and abusive behavior, her fall will be hard and painful. She has a pattern of behavior being verbally abusive that will only worsen as her "star" continues to fall.

We saw the horrific way she treated Nicky. I have no doubt in my mind that she was the same verbally abusive influencer that mistreated the owner of No. 5 Blooms. She always worked with them but nothing since the owner put out that post of how badly she was treated by an influencer. Then suddenly, she's working with some new floral company for her Autumn decor and might I add, a crappy one at that.

I feel not one iota of pity for anyone that treats people the way she has. Just seeing how she talks and treats service staff on camera, terrifies me on how she treats them off and now we've seen evidence of this. I may sound hateful but abuse of others disgusts me and angers me to the core. As far as I'm concerned, Lydiot deserves the current demise of her career. And much as she tries to blame everyone else, she is the sole architect of her fall.

Great assessment, I couldnā€™t have said it better, well done. I forget who it was that said donā€™t be mean to the people you meet on the way up because youā€™ll see them again on the way down. If youā€™re reading this Elsie take note.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree. Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine as well. I forensically plan menus for the week for this reason. It doesnā€™t always work, mind you, as a teen in my household might be found eating an entire packet of ham while perusing the fridge as to what to actually have for lunch. Therefore, Iā€™m more Aldi than Daylesfort Farm. Ha.

No - I reckon- itā€™s even worse with Elsie. Not only will she not appreciate the food served to her for the duration of her stay at Provence - she will undoubtedly complain that it was too rich/too french/not gluten free, etc. and left her ill all night.

Did she and Aldi not fail to turn up for breakfast? I seem to recall, on Josieā€™s vlog, that Charlie didnā€™t want to boil Teefus an egg until they were all sitting down but the other two failed to show. They then went exploring by themselves. Next thing we know, we see Elsie in dressing gown and towel round her head on a post.

So agree - I keep thinking of a wonderful time in the Languedoc region - it was bliss. Flew into Carcassonne and drove to an ancient farmhouse to stay, The door key in itself was a relic from the past. I canā€™t stand to watch those chancers either!
Food waste hater here too. I plan meals and hate throwing anything away. I was brought up that way and starving children in Africa were mentioned at many family mealtimes.

Great assessment, I couldnā€™t have said it better, well done. I forget who it was that said donā€™t be mean to the people you meet on the way up because youā€™ll see them again on the way down. If youā€™re reading this Elsie take note.
Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.
-Wilson Mizner
www.LIVELIFEHAPPY.COM

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Guys I don't often post, but interested to hear thoughts. Charlie seems a bit too close to our darling Lydia right? Or is it just me ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
God she's so annoyingly smug. But anyway, just noticed the Berry and Grey comment under her reel. I remember when she was always talking about berry's and grey and they used to send her such a lot!! Don't hear anything about them now from Elsie. It was around that time that she was more bearable and quite likeable. Crazy when you look back how much she has changed.... and in so many ways! Their products probably don't suit her aesthetic now, but just reminds me how she bought the bungalow with that sort of style and decor in mind. Whatever she does to the bungalow now it won't be what she wants. She's crazy doing reno after reno trying to make it into some sort of old farmhouse or Manor! Deluded is the word.

Attachments

Reactions: 19
Food waste hater here too. I plan meals and hate throwing anything away. I was brought up that way and starving children in Africa were mentioned at many family mealtimes.

Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.
-Wilson Mizner
www.LIVELIFEHAPPY.COM
Thank you for the ref šŸ™‚.
Wasting food is criminal, I too recall the starving children in Africa. These days my ā€˜fridge has a lot of empty space and I take ā€˜use byā€™ dates as advisory, I'm not above scraping a bit of mould off cheese either lol. Pretty soon the world will have to address how weā€™re going to produce what we will need to feed our evergrowing and longer living population, interesting times.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.