Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG the throwing the plate of food once they’ve ‘finished’ is the worst isn’t it 🤣 my daughter did this every meal time up until about 2/3 months ago and I’ve already blocked it out 😂
Its so annoying! Im convinced she does it to wind me up too 😂 cant wait til she grows out of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The only reason why companies advertise food from 4+ months is because they are legally allowed to as there is no legislation preventing it and this is what the very old now outdated guidance was, the guidelines are now 6 months, the companies selling these foods know that, but because they legally don’t have to change their packaging they won’t, they are corporate entities who make money from selling these products, they do not have babies best interests at heart believe it or not

Reactions: 5
My girls were/are formula fed - I’m not against breast feeding 😂 I don’t hate breast feeding mothers, one of my closest friends breast fed both her kids I couldn’t care less. I chose to formula feed mine and that’s my choice no one should question me for that because it’s no one else’s business. I support breastfeeding mums and bottle feeding mums because why does it matter? Good for the above lady for breastfeeding her baby (genuinely good for her, not saying it in a sarcy way!) but just because Lydia chose formula it doesn’t mean she should hide it!

As for the weaning ... I get that the guidelines are 6 months but again, each to their own. She’s not poisoning Loretta is she 😂 if weaning before 6 months was that bad nothing would be advertised as 4months + and it would be a strict “6 months is the earliest” in the same way they say 4 months is the absolute earliest now. Personally I’d wait, but if she wants to then why not. Again, why should she keep it private? She’s not promoting smoking during pregnancy is she she’s just weaning before 6 months like LOTS of other women do. She doesn’t need to hide it 😂
I never said that formula was bad, informed is best not fed. Fed is best implies feeding a 2 week old a burger is better than giving them nothing. Informed is best as it means you have all the advice and can make a decision from that.
Im sorry if I came across slating formula but I had to use it for my daughter when she was3 days old as she lost 17% weight. 3 days of top ups and then I fed her myself and regained her lost weight and has tracked perfectly since. Damn right I’m proud of what I did, that doesn’tmean I’m slating mothers for formula feeding. the Degrading looks and comments I’ve had for feeding my daughter are heartbreaking and I’m a huge advocate of promoting breastfeeding if it’s what people want to do.
Weaning is now recommended at 6 months + as it’s been seen that it’s when the guy is better formed for food. Things are advertised at 4 months because laws haven’t been changed. It’s a huge fight that HVs seem to be having and are pulling parents up on I’m my local area it seems. Just because people do it doesn’t make it right, surely it should be know better so do better.

edited to add. I wasn’t meaning she shouldn’t show her bottle feeding, reading back I’ve noticed that’s how it’s come across.

Reactions: 6
Also if you look at the packaging in closer detail often in small print at the back it says weaning is recommended from 6 months, I’ve seen that on a few products saying 4+ months at the front, it’s cheeky really, they know the guidelines are 6 months but they want those extra two months worth of sales so happy to print 4+ months on the front in big letters

I never said that formula was bad, informed is best not fed. Fed is best implies feeding a 2 week old a burger is better than giving them nothing. Informed is best as it means you have all the advice and can make a decision from that.
Im sorry if I came across slating formula but I had to use it for my daughter when she was3 days old as she lost 17% weight. 3 days of top ups and then I fed her myself and regained her lost weight and has tracked perfectly since. Damn right I’m proud of what I did, that doesn’tmean I’m slating mothers for formula feeding. the Degrading looks and comments I’ve had for feeding my daughter are heartbreaking and I’m a huge advocate of promoting breastfeeding if it’s what people want to do.
Weaning is now recommended at 6 months + as it’s been seen that it’s when the guy is better formed for food. Things are advertised at 4 months because laws haven’t been changed. It’s a huge fight that HVs seem to be having and are pulling parents up on I’m my local area it seems. Just because people do it doesn’t make it right, surely it should be know better so do better.

There is no one who gets more stick for the way they’ve chosen to feed then a breastfeeding mother in my experience, breastfeeding a baby in public was one thing but breastfeeding a toddler in public seems to invite a whole other level of criticism and rudeness from some people, I’ve been told I’m disgusting, my friends who all chose to formula feed constantly ask me why I’m ‘still’ breastfeeding my toddler, when I’m going to stop, doesn’t it embarrass me etc etc, did I dare ask them why they didn’t give breastfeeding a go? Of course I didn’t because I would have got shouted down, but it’s open season on breastfeeding mothers it seems!

Last edited:
As if she's got Loretta in size 4+ nappies! They're for babies heavier than 20lbs... from the look of Loretta I highly doubt that's what she weighs! Pretty sure that would make her 98th percentile for girls her age 😳
My daughter is a few weeks younger than hers and in size 5 😬😬 same size nappies as my 2 year old. She my biggest baby out of the 3, my other 2 were little scraps and still are

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My daughter is a few weeks younger than hers and in size 5 😬😬 same size nappies as my 2 year old. She my biggest baby out of the 3, my other 2 were little scraps and still are
Not saying that babies can't or shouldn't be that size, but saying Loretta definitely doesn't look anywhere near that big, no matter how much Lydia wants her to be! She looks an average sized baby. No wonder she's having poopslosions, the nappies must be so baggy.

Reactions: 2
Also if you look at the packaging in closer detail often in small print at the back it says weaning is recommended from 6 months, I’ve seen that on a few products saying 4+ months at the front, it’s cheeky really, they know the guidelines are 6 months but they want those extra two months worth of sales so happy to print 4+ months on the front in big letters

There is no one who gets more stick for the way they’ve chosen to feed then a breastfeeding mother in my experience, breastfeeding a baby in public was one thing but breastfeeding a toddler in public seems to invite a whole other level of criticism and rudeness from some people, I’ve been told I’m disgusting, my friends who all chose to formula feed constantly ask me why I’m ‘still’ breastfeeding my toddler, when I’m going to stop, doesn’t it embarrass me etc etc, did I dare ask them why they didn’t give breastfeeding a go? Of course I didn’t because I would have got shouted down, but it’s open season on breastfeeding mothers it seems!
I completely agree with you, seemed once she turned 6 months it became weird. I’ve been asked to feed my daughter in a toilet as it made people uncomfortable, my reply was They can eat in the toilet or with a sheet over them and then get back to me how it feels. Could I imagine saying that to bottle feeding parent? No. Because it’s mean and unnecessary. Well done feeding a toddler!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Romania’s in Marbella that will be interesting when she has to isolate for 2 weeks when she’s back

Reactions: 7
Romania’s in Marbella that will be interesting when she has to isolate for 2 weeks when she’s back
They didn't even isolate in lockdown they was all going between houses!! Even when a foster baby was placed in her mum's care they continued to flout the rules...

They didn't even isolate in lockdown they was all going between houses!! Even when a foster baby was placed in her mum's care they continued to flout the rules...
I know and they didn’t even try and hide it, it’s madness

I know and they didn’t even try and hide it, it’s madness
She's Lydia didn't you know... can do what she likes !! And with a new born aswell

Something else grates on me other day she said her mum had Loretta one night and she's only had 1 night off... but her sister has done it aswell (lots!) Again don't care if you have the help amazing but be honest!!!!!

First time on the Lydia thread. Was expecting gossip, but it's all about babies and poop :sleep::sleep:🥴

I was still crazy enough to read (scan) through it though. I have to say, I thought she was the most normal girl on Towie (no fake bobs, fake hair, fake lashes, orange tan) but now I've lost all respect for her reading this thread. Her poor baby.

Onto the tea:
Why is her sister on holiday with large arg? I can't imagine a cheating ex boyfriend that I couldn't get out of my life, I'd go insane.

Reactions: 11
I think one of the main issues about her weaning already is that she’s lied saying she’s not really started it yet but weeks ago showed all her baby food items in the kitchen and then a few days later Loretta next to a finished bowl of porridge 🙈 She must have been feeding her for a while for her to have finished a bowl 🤷🏻‍♀️
Obviously whatever she does with her baby is her decision but she’s trying to make out like she’s mainly following the guidelines but she isn’t! Just a bit irresponsible when she will have a lot of young mums potentially looking up to her and she’s promoting advice against the WHO/NHS guidelines with regard to weaning.

First time on the Lydia thread. Was expecting gossip, but it's all about babies and poop :sleep::sleep:🥴

I was still crazy enough to read (scan) through it though. I have to say, I thought she was the most normal girl on Towie (no fake bobs, fake hair, fake lashes, orange tan) but now I've lost all respect for her reading this thread. Her poor baby.

Onto the tea:
Why is her sister on holiday with large arg? I can't imagine a cheating ex boyfriend that I couldn't get out of my life, I'd go insane.
It's just because she has lied so much recently trying to portray the "perfect parent" (No such thing I'm afraid lol) and tells so many she can't keep up

Lol. This is funny! Is she actually on holiday with him??? How weird... I know they stayed mutual but again I thought they was for the GRAM 😂

Ok she is trassssssh. First of all a teething toy is a teething toy? Basically something sanitary they can chew on and easily hold. 10 a penny. There’s all sorts out there but they all have the same logic. Of course she needs about 20 of them (whhhhhy) all with their own individual swipe up 🤣 wonder what would have happened to the talentless TOWIE lot had social media never happened. They would have been out of work for years now.

Reactions: 7
Who are the people that need to see those links too? Surely everyone just googles everything? The mind boggles!

Reactions: 4
I hate that her stories give the impression she’s doing everything alone. I see how much she does and I think oh why haven’t I been anywhere for a walk today etc but then I remember she’s not doing it alone and her family are constantly around.

Surely I’m not the only one who considers showering a luxury? Make up is truly a thing of the past, unless my partner is home! Let alone going for a pedicure!

Reactions: 12
Last week she sat up , this week she's standing, next week walking ..that 5 month old baby is a genius 😂

• Haha
Again her mum hack is just an obvious advert, showing the most obvious things any mum would think to use! Does she think she is the 2nd coming enlightening us?! And who needs that many teethers... oh unless you are gifted everything 🙄

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.