Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God weaning is a nightmare, the prep, the mess, the worry about choking, the worry about getting the nutritional balance right, worrying it’s going to give them a gassy tummy and keep them up all night, the cleaning up afterwards! It’s still a nightmare now at 15 months, it’s even messier then ever, she makes a mess on purpose, dropping food on the floor so she can say uh-oh, giving the dog inappropriate foods before I can stop her, he’s made up with the situation of course, she now will no longer sit in the high chair, screams to get out but wants to walk around the living room with the food, smearing it into the fabric sofa

Biggest pain in the arse ever and my least favourite part of parenting, dont know why people are in such a hurry to wean, I think the reality of it is very different from the expectation!
Same meal times are a battle. Food all over the floor. Wanting to get out the high chair. Lydia is now singing the praises of Aldi nappies but its an AD so.... Can I believe what she says?

Reactions: 8
So upset she didn't answer my question so I'll share it with you guys instead ... "why are you lying about weaning? When you've been giving her porridge!"

I love weaning my LO is 6 months on Monday I have prepared lots of meals my freezer is full of blended veg lol !! I love watching babies eat and try the different foods... some chose to wean early some don't. But don't lie about IT!!!! They say food is fun until they are one for a reason!... some babies have to be weaned early from advice from HV or doctor. Some chose to like I said just don't lie.

She's very old school and follows her mum's way of parenting... lots has changed since then and she should really educate herself if she wants to be a role model and influencer!!

She doesn't want to move her because she would have to go downstairs to her as I believe she's on the third floor???

I have blocked her now as can't stand her !! But I'm surprised she's not blocked me for my wonderful comments and questions 😂

Reactions: 7
As if she's got Loretta in size 4+ nappies! They're for babies heavier than 20lbs... from the look of Loretta I highly doubt that's what she weighs! Pretty sure that would make her 98th percentile for girls her age 😳

Reactions: 6
As if she's got Loretta in size 4+ nappies! They're for babies heavier than 20lbs... from the look of Loretta I highly doubt that's what she weighs! Pretty sure that would make her 98th percentile for girls her age 😳
Mine is 22 months and just gone out 4+ they must be up to her nipples!! Poor thing

Reactions: 1
My girl is 13 months and wears size 3 she is small for her age tho

Mines a year and is in size 6s. She’s a chunk as well lol. So irritating when you go out and grab your nappies in your shop and hers are being delivered free, dealing with poosplosions where’s she stuffing a baby full of baby rice

Reactions: 4
I’m all for having an opinion on Lydia but does it really matter what size nappies Loretta is in 😂 my 4 month old wears size 4 nappies and my two year old is in size 5 but they both fit them well and that’s all that matters 😂🤷‍♀️ I’m sure Loretta's fit fine!

My little one is 20 months and in 4+, I’d be surprised if Loretta is in that size 😳 but I guess everyone is different 🤷🏻‍♀️

I noticed her hair is growing, time for supergran to come round with the clippers 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
God weaning is a nightmare, the prep, the mess, the worry about choking, the worry about getting the nutritional balance right, worrying it’s going to give them a gassy tummy and keep them up all night, the cleaning up afterwards! It’s still a nightmare now at 15 months, it’s even messier then ever, she makes a mess on purpose, dropping food on the floor so she can say uh-oh, giving the dog inappropriate foods before I can stop her, he’s made up with the situation of course, she now will no longer sit in the high chair, screams to get out but wants to walk around the living room with the food, smearing it into the fabric sofa

Biggest pain in the arse ever and my least favourite part of parenting, dont know why people are in such a hurry to wean, I think the reality of it is very different from the expectation!
My one year olds new trick is pretending shes taken a bite out of something then dropping it over her shoulder 😂 then once shes "finished" picking up her mat and throwing it on the carpet...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My one year olds new trick is pretending shes taken a bite out of something then dropping it over her shoulder 😂 then once shes "finished" picking up her mat and throwing it on the carpet...
OMG the throwing the plate of food once they’ve ‘finished’ is the worst isn’t it 🤣 my daughter did this every meal time up until about 2/3 months ago and I’ve already blocked it out 😂

Reactions: 1
CAN YOU ALL PLEASE STOP YOU’RE SCARING ME

I spent...not a lot but more than I would deem reasonable today on weaning stuff. Cute bowls, cute plates, special spoon, special Tupperware, special bibs. Highly unnecessary. I know by the time I get to my second if I’m lucky I’ll be like ugh just eat out of my 7 year old Tupperware and deal with it.

• Haha
New to this thread, but ugghhhh!
One of the signs of being ready for food is being 6 months. My HV talked to me about weaning at 4 months to make sure I knew the risks of starting early unless medically advised.
I breastfeed and do BLW, I’m bloody proud of what my body provided exclusively for 6 months and we’re showing no signs of stopping! I couldn’t care less how you feed your baby but the phrase ‘fed is best’ drives me mad. Fed isn’t best it’s the bare minimum, informed and supported is best and breastfeeding is the biological norm. Sorry for the rant but I’ve seen that phrase thrown about in the comments of her post all the time.
you want people to agree with you but if you’re going against NHS and WHO guidelines then do it in private, it’s so damaging to people that maybe don’t have the support! But then I guess you can’t legally make money of formula but you can with weaning 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 10
CAN YOU ALL PLEASE STOP YOU’RE SCARING ME

I spent...not a lot but more than I would deem reasonable today on weaning stuff. Cute bowls, cute plates, special spoon, special Tupperware, special bibs. Highly unnecessary. I know by the time I get to my second if I’m lucky I’ll be like ugh just eat out of my 7 year old Tupperware and deal with it.
I did this with my first, I’ve got more differently shaped spoons than I can shake a stick at. And then my second won’t touch a spoon, has to have a metal fork! Get a suction bowl. I still use all the baby Tupperware though!

New to this thread, but ugghhhh!
One of the signs of being ready for food is being 6 months. My HV talked to me about weaning at 4 months to make sure I knew the risks of starting early unless medically advised.
I breastfeed and do BLW, I’m bloody proud of what my body provided exclusively for 6 months and we’re showing no signs of stopping! I couldn’t care less how you feed your baby but the phrase ‘fed is best’ drives me mad. Fed isn’t best it’s the bare minimum, informed and supported is best and breastfeeding is the biological norm. Sorry for the rant but I’ve seen that phrase thrown about in the comments of her post all the time.
you want people to agree with you but if you’re going against NHS and WHO guidelines then do it in private, it’s so damaging to people that maybe don’t have the support! But then I guess you can’t legally make money of formula but you can with weaning 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄
I’m by no means her biggest fan and I have criticised her on here for certain things, but I’m sorry I have to 100% disagree with your post.

Fed is best, end of. If it weren’t for formula being readily available I dread to think of the implications on the health of babies in this country. Not everyone can breast feed (I appreciate that doesn’t apply to Lydia) but there’s no need for her to hide the fact that Loretta is formula fed. Imagine if you tried your hardest to breast feed and you couldn’t and (god forbid🙄) you had to give your baby formula, but all you saw on social media was breast feeding mums because the formula fed babies weren’t being shown. How would that make you feel? Probably like tit and like a failure. So no, there’s nothing wrong with her being open about formula feeding. She has faults but formula feeding her baby isn’t one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m by no means her biggest fan and I have criticised her on here for certain things, but I’m sorry I have to 100% disagree with your post.

Fed is best, end of. If it weren’t for formula being readily available I dread to think of the implications on the health of babies in this country. Not everyone can breast feed (I appreciate that doesn’t apply to Lydia) but there’s no need for her to hide the fact that Loretta is formula fed. Imagine if you tried your hardest to breast feed and you couldn’t and (god forbid🙄) you had to give your baby formula, but all you saw on social media was breast feeding mums because the formula fed babies weren’t being shown. How would that make you feel? Probably like tit and like a failure. So no, there’s nothing wrong with her being open about formula feeding. She has faults but formula feeding her baby isn’t one of them.
She didn’t say she shouldn’t formula feed her. I agree the phrase fed is best is awful, fed is a bare minimum. If you want to breastfeed and struggle and change over and feel guilty then that is sad. An informed decision is the best decision. Support is needed. Formula feeding mothers seem to hate the sight of breastfeeding mothers as if they are trying to make them feel inadequate and breastfeeding mothers are terrified of being asked to feed in a toilet or leave somewhere cause they are being disgusting.

feed how you want but at least do it right. Wean when they are ready, no rush!

She didn’t say she shouldn’t formula feed her. I agree the phrase fed is best is awful, fed is a bare minimum. If you want to breastfeed and struggle and change over and feel guilty then that is sad. An informed decision is the best decision. Support is needed. Formula feeding mothers seem to hate the sight of breastfeeding mothers as if they are trying to make them feel inadequate and breastfeeding mothers are terrified of being asked to feed in a toilet or leave somewhere cause they are being disgusting.

feed how you want but at least do it right. Wean when they are ready, no rush!
My girls were/are formula fed - I’m not against breast feeding 😂 I don’t hate breast feeding mothers, one of my closest friends breast fed both her kids I couldn’t care less. I chose to formula feed mine and that’s my choice no one should question me for that because it’s no one else’s business. I support breastfeeding mums and bottle feeding mums because why does it matter? Good for the above lady for breastfeeding her baby (genuinely good for her, not saying it in a sarcy way!) but just because Lydia chose formula it doesn’t mean she should hide it!

As for the weaning ... I get that the guidelines are 6 months but again, each to their own. She’s not poisoning Loretta is she 😂 if weaning before 6 months was that bad nothing would be advertised as 4months + and it would be a strict “6 months is the earliest” in the same way they say 4 months is the absolute earliest now. Personally I’d wait, but if she wants to then why not. Again, why should she keep it private? She’s not promoting smoking during pregnancy is she she’s just weaning before 6 months like LOTS of other women do. She doesn’t need to hide it 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.