Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wanted to come and say about that cot also, I think it’s so sad for such a young baby to be relying on a cot to settle them when at that age they’ll just want their mummy/ milk!
Also I couldn’t help but think when she was showing it, once Loretta grows out of it she may have difficulty settling her at night as a normal cot won’t rock and that’s what she’ll have been used to.
I think these reality stars/ social media influencers can be giving out very dangerous advice with thes babies, regarding breastfeeding, sleeping routines etc to all their impressionable followers. When no doubt behind the scenes as a lot of us know it’s never all sunshine and rainbows with babies- it’s not supposed to be easy and no one ever said it was but a baby does not just slot in to your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cant watch her anymore. My baby is 9 weeks old and I just cant imagine leaving her to cry all night or getting a fancy gadget to soothe her back to sleep. My baby has reflux and colic and can often take 2 hours to settle back to sleep, then is up again an hour later for next feed. I still have to get up with my other children on little sleep, like many mothers do. My daughter has her first jabs today and I know whats in store for us later. I will still be getting her other jabs done, not making a song and dance about it because she was upset and had a temperature. Lydia needs to pull her big pants up and get on with it! Never has a mother annoyed me as much as she has. I hope she reads on here and changes her mentality

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I could have cried when I saw that!

She says Loretta cries because she has got used to being picked up so has stopped it.

She is only fed 4 hourly to get her into a routine.

She sleeps from 10pm till 6am and her words were "we'll, she goes without a bottle from 10pm until 6am and will sometimes cry because her dummy fell out and I'd have to pat her back to sleep, now this cot does it all and I don't have to"

What a way to treat a 10 week old baby.
That is truly shocking I can’t believe any mother would leave their baby hungry and crying and not go and comfort them. No way I could leave my son that long without a feed and he’s 9 weeks. Infact the other night after his jags I never slept cause I was over his cot making sure he was ok I don’t understand why she only wants her baby as an accessory I feel so bad for Loretta ☹

I cant watch her anymore. My baby is 9 weeks old and I just cant imagine leaving her to cry all night or getting a fancy gadget to soothe her back to sleep. My baby has reflux and colic and can often take 2 hours to settle back to sleep, then is up again an hour later for next feed. I still have to get up with my other children on little sleep, like many mothers do. My daughter has her first jabs today and I know whats in store for us later. I will still be getting her other jabs done, not making a song and dance about it because she was upset and had a temperature. Lydia needs to pull her big pants up and get on with it! Never has a mother annoyed me as much as she has. I hope she reads on here and changes her mentality
I’m with you on this one my baby same age as your baby and I don’t understand her mentality. He had his jags last week and still unsettled this week but it’s better in long run just means more cuddles from mummy and daddy and he to had colic so I understand how you must be feeling. Hope your wee ones jags go ok x

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
It looks like Romana isnt social distancing like Lydia implied they all all were, she's been doing Ads at Lydia's house. One at the kitchen sink and one in the bath

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Obviously I don’t see Loretta being a baby all day every day so maybe I can’t judge but why does she always have to be sleeping for Lydia to get things done?! Maybe I’m lucky but my wee one can sit in silence or entertaining herself for a good hour when she’s awake until she gets bored. I do stuff then and also when she’s asleep.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just looked on her sisters Instagram account - she’s all over Lydia's house, in the bed, on the sofa 🤦‍♀️ Unbelievable

I thought how sweet, she's made a Loretta scrapbook.

No, it was from a fan!! They've put together a book of all the pictures of Loretta from the Internet.

Does this girl know Lydia or is just a fan?! It's a bit weird though isn't it?!
I meant to come on here the other day when I saw the stories on this....that’s so bleeping creepy to receive that from a stranger....about your baby, over bloody exposure, these poor insta children - privacy sold for freebies!

I’ve just looked on her sisters Instagram account - she’s all over Lydia's house, in the bed, on the sofa 🤦‍♀️ Unbelievable
And the bath and the kitchen

Obviously I don’t see Loretta being a baby all day every day so maybe I can’t judge but why does she always have to be sleeping for Lydia to get things done?! Maybe I’m lucky but my wee one can sit in silence or entertaining herself for a good hour when she’s awake until she gets bored. I do stuff then and also when she’s asleep.
She's only happy when she's asleep. Straight through from 10pm till 6am then wants her to have a morning sleep too. Try feeding the poor kid or giving her a cuddle!!

Attachments

I think I might be being judgy or “mumsnetty” here but I thought they should be sleeping in the same room as you (including naps) until they’re 6 months? I know loads of people who move babies out early though so I’m just being a paranoid first time mum. However Lydia putting her down for a nap then walking away downstairs...I just couldn’t! Not at that age. I read that they should be able to sleep with noise going on around them and that’s a good thing as it’s thought it stops them falling into a deep sleep and not being able to wake up therefore preventing SIDS. I think she thought she was going to birth a one year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think I might be being judgy or “mumsnetty” here but I thought they should be sleeping in the same room as you (including naps) until they’re 6 months? I know loads of people who move babies out early though so I’m just being a paranoid first time mum. However Lydia putting her down for a nap then walking away downstairs...I just couldn’t! Not at that age. I read that they should be able to sleep with noise going on around them and that’s a good thing as it’s thought it stops them falling into a deep sleep and not being able to wake up therefore preventing SIDS. I think she thought she was going to birth a one year old.
yeah that’s right, don’t care what anyone says when your baby is that young they shouldn’t be in a different room from you when they are sleeping. Ok pop to the toilet or make a tea but not leave them upstairs by themselves 😌

Reactions: 12
yeah that’s right, don’t care what anyone says when your baby is that young they shouldn’t be in a different room from you when they are sleeping. Ok pop to the toilet or make a tea but not leave them upstairs by themselves 😌
I expect it's to make it easier to ignore till her four hours are up, god forbid the poor little mite should want her milk early 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Does she not realise that the poop explosionS might mean Loretta needs the next size up nappies?!

I thought this! I wouldn’t dream of it! Her insta makes me worry constantly. Like, my 9 week old just sleeps in the days when she needs to, there isn’t a scheduled 2 hours. Then im like omg should there be?!

Reactions: 5
I thought this! I wouldn’t dream of it! Her insta makes me worry constantly. Like, my 9 week old just sleeps in the days when she needs to, there isn’t a scheduled 2 hours. Then im like omg should there be?!
I agree I wouldn't have left mine. They just slept where they slept. Mostly in my arms.

• Heart
Does she not realise that the poop explosionS might mean Loretta needs the next size up nappies?!
I feel like she is doing something wrong with the nappies. She is always having poo explosion. My 3 month old had one or two a week. I don’t get me started in the 4 hour feeding. My HV said feed when the child wants it, don’t try and stretch out the feeds. My son tells me when he’s hungry 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the poo explosions are odd! She has them all the time! My daughters around the same age as Loretta she’s had it happen once 😂 My eldest daughter only did it once or twice as well 🤦‍♀️ Wonder if it’s just the nappies or if it’s something else? If it’s just the nappies then bloody size up 😂

Reactions: 4
😂 I’ve had two or three since my one arrived - she’s 11 weeks old and bottle fed.
Have to say they’ve been pretty epic 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Could it be a cynical call for free nappies? Smaller nappy companies are bound to see it and send her samples to prove that theirs are poo-splosion-proof. My boy is ten weeks and we've only ever had two or three total poonamis...

Her mum's just said she's looking at photos of Loretta when she was a baby ...what the hell is she now ..weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.