Lucy Wood #2 We're not grabbing a cosy hot drink; we're half-listening while scrubbing the sink

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must be the only person who read that book when it came out and never understood the hype.

Reactions: 7
I must be the only person who read that book when it came out and never understood the hype.
i read it and cried but i was like 15 and still deep in that “i wish my life was like a sweeping rom com” phase of teenagedom

Reactions: 5
Not to be a Lucy defender but I was having a browse in Waterstones last week for some cozy vibes books and this seems to be the current “in” style for artwork at the moment
Yeah, I've noticed this over the past while and I really dont see the appeal or understand why this became such a trend. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but whenever I see an adult book with a cutesy/cartoon cover, I immediately lose interest. This very much looks like a kids storybook to me! 😄

Reactions: 6
That...is her on the cover. Is this why she's been obsessed with red bows?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So when it was witch related I was imagining something like practical magic and a really modern witch story but it all seems too cutesy for me 😭

Reactions: 6
Did anyone watch her book cover reveal/publishing Q&A? She got super lucky with how things happened. She said that an editor watched her New York vlog and then a couple of other vlogs where she must have mentioned she was writing a book. The editor then contacted her and asked her to send what she had and it went from there.

When Lucy contacted a publisher herself they said they would be interested- but only if she completely re-wrote the book as Middle Grade fiction.

• Wow
Reactions: 10