Lucy Wood #2 We're not grabbing a cosy hot drink; we're half-listening while scrubbing the sink

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title is courtesy of @dressagediva @Keikochan and @Tom_Nook I believe.

"I'm not snuggled up, gazing adoringly at the screen. You're probably on in the background while I'm cleaning the toilet" was too long for a title!

Lucy still rarely posts unless it's an Ad. She got engaged last year which may or may not have been a surprise 🫢

She's dressing like a 9 year old school girl and still doesn't act her age imo.

Still waiting on this big secret news to be revealed but nobody gives a tit. Most people believe it to be a book which wouldn't be surprising since she ramped up the book videos in the last year.

She still pretends her life is so hard and she has money but she's a liar.

I'm not sure what else to add 😂

Anyway...

Grow up.

1000012608.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally waiting with baited breath to find out (pretending to not already know) what this is. My whole life depends on this moment, I have waited for nothing more.

1000012716.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought she would write YA and the description and MC's name read as pretty YA to me - but the MC is 30 so it's adult fiction. It'll be interesting to see how this is marketed to appeal to an adult audience.

Reactions: 9
Belladonna blackthorn? 🤔
I hope it’s set in an actual fantasy land as opposed to real life where witches hide themselves, as that name is so off otherwise.

Belladonna blackthorn? 🤔
I hope it’s set in an actual fantasy land as opposed to real life where witches hide themselves, as that name is so off otherwise.
She goes by Belle! I bet she is SO quirky!

This doesn't sound like my kind of thing, but I am kind of interested to see how Lucy tackles an adult romance. I really thought she would go for a cutesy YA.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ooooh interesting!!! I will never not be impressed by how you tattlers find out everything before we’re “meant to” 😌 ETA - £16.99?! Howay man

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh… really not my thing, in a little sad bc I was hoping it would be a little more contemporary and a little less booktok cutesy.

Im sure it will do relatively well though as she has an audience already. Its not for me though sadly.

Reactions: 13
booktok cutesy
This is the target audience, I agree. This could have been something I'd be interested in but it seems too "costumey", for the lack of a better word. Feels like the autumn aesthetics will be shoved down the throat for the sake of being season appropriate. I'll check the reviews once it's out. Youtuber books usually go down like a lead balloon outside their existing audience.

Reactions: 9
I'm interested to know if she was commissioned to write this, and if so, if she'll say so. A deal such as this would usually show up in The Bookseller (due to her influencer background) but hers didn't. Did she send her manuscript to a bunch of agents or was she approached due to her 'reach?'

I guess maybe she'll talk about this in her big 'reveal.'

“Balancing work at her beloved Lunar Books with protecting it from her toxic boss, who’s running it into the ground, and all the while concealing her witchcraft from the non-wicches around her – Belle is burnt out.”

am I crazy or does this sentence make no sense?? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 18
“Balancing work at her beloved Lunar Books with protecting it from her toxic boss, who’s running it into the ground, and all the while concealing her witchcraft from the non-wicches around her – Belle is burnt out.”

The amount of Oxford commas in the blurb

Reactions: 11

It took my a few reads to get it lol. It’s very badly written. Surprised the editor didn’t pick up on it.

I hope the book is written better than this 😂

• Haha
I am a bit disappointed she jumped on a bootok trend. Oh well, money is money for Lucy Jane WoAD

Reactions: 5