Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ranter

Has anybody tried her app for workouts, I’m a complete beginner at the gym and considering it for the gym guide but wasn’t sure if it’s worth it?

soph30

VIP Member
Basically there was a WhatsApp group for the local area (up north) and there was a LOT of bullying in it. Calling people out over very small things, openly saying in the group they didn’t like me, didn’t think I should be part of it, and also going as far as to make an Instagram and reposting my photos with horrible captions. I told Lucy and she basically said ‘well you must have done something to upset them, just apologise to them or grow up’ like okay I get she doesn’t own that subset of group, but to openly just say ‘yeah I accept stuff like that’ is so wrong.

Not to mention the fact all of her ‘models’ are POC or not ‘social norms’ and openly said she doesn’t want anyone modelling her stuff who’s thin or blonde (I mean…are we not allowed to just be into fitness) you can’t just pretend a group of people don’t exist?’
Why were they upset at you (NOT saying the bullying was your fault obvs, but what was their reasoning)? :( 🤗

soph30

VIP Member
Has she bumped that text me when you get home post as it got the most engagement- it appears at the top of the grid for me? Important message but it’s just for engagement 🙄

Apples87

Thanks both for the recommendations! I did have Lucy’s first and second plan on AFLETE, loved the first but the second felt like it had weird exercises in it just for the sake of it, really didn’t get on with it and want something a bit more advanced rather than repeating her first guide

Also what is the current app I literally could not find it in the App Store 😂😂
It’s nobs guide.

Attachments

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
Tbf some of her friends from home are Indian or Pakistani, I remember she was a bridesmaid for one of them and posted photos at some point back in the summer but my memory is hazy so I apologise for the lack of specifics. But yeah her London friends are veeerrrrrryyyyyy white and I found the racial dynamics in the new advert v strange. It was like... Lucy and her POC backup dancers 😬
Fair enough! Yeah, she lives in east london I believe and it's so gentrified. London used to have such a much better cultural mix, it's slowly dying out in my opinion.

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
There's so much self pitying going on in her stories, which is ridiculous given she could have avoided the whole thing with some transparent and fair discussion of the issues people brought up.
Remember when she went on holiday with Sophie Milner? I'm getting major SM vibes now. Really disappointing.

anom1289

She is the only influencer I have purchased a guide from and I really enjoyed her first gym guide, so much that I repeated some weeks to extend it. However her second gym guide was really disappointing and it felt like she put some exercises in there to make it more interesting perhaps, when really they were annoying exercises that I was constantly finding alternatives for.

leonie7878

Lucy promoting Meggan Grubb's legging line today on Insta stories, they're well known for being see-through and crap???
I have 2 pairs ordered without thinking when they were released had almost instant influenced shame lol, but I actually love them. They’re no lulu but I prob wear them as much as I do gymshark for weight training etc