Lucy Letby Case #71

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The BBC article says the media can't fully report on it due to baby K retrial.
Liz Hull is there and has said the same. That’s a bit frustrating. I guess it’s because it’s permission to appeal, not an appeal itself?

This seems to give some indication what the issue is. I’m guessing this could be things like ruling bits of evidence in or out? Which might be why it can’t be reported on if judge refused it in the original trial. We will probably only hear what it is if appeal judges think the original judge was wrong.

It is understood the nurse will say there are four grounds of appeal and will argue that the judge at her trial wrongly refused applications that her legal team made during the case, which lasted for 10 months.
---
What the duck is this…

IMG_6884.jpeg

---
Oh it’s reported here, in Glasgow

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Liz Hull is there and has said the same. That’s a bit frustrating. I guess it’s because it’s permission to appeal, not an appeal itself?

This seems to give some indication what the issue is. I’m guessing this could be things like ruling bits of evidence in or out? Which might be why it can’t be reported on if judge refused it in the original trial. We will probably only hear what it is if appeal judges think the original judge was wrong.

It is understood the nurse will say there are four grounds of appeal and will argue that the judge at her trial wrongly refused applications that her legal team made during the case, which lasted for 10 months.
---
What the duck is this…

View attachment 2890627
---
Oh it’s reported here, in Glasgow

No prizes for guessing who's responsible :rolleyes:

1713782814128.png

ℭ𝔢𝔯𝔦 on X: "@KirstyFeerick hi, Kirsty. I saw your article about my graffiti. Have you studied critical thinking? Are you aware what a Strawman Argument is? I'm VERY interested in teaching you. Or perhaps you'd be willing to watch my 45 minute documentary: The Other 15 Infants." / X (twitter.com)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Is she allowed to attend ?
If so I bet she goes nice day out for her.
But not the guts to attend sentencing And face the parents.
I bet old Coxy is there supporting her still 🤢

Reactions: 6
Let’s say she is granted permission to appeal because these judges agree the judge made some error(s) in law.

Would a full appeal hearing look at those errors and then what - decide if it had an impact on the outcome? Would it be a retrial or just conviction overturned?

Because even if he made any errors, it doesn’t necessarily mean the jury would have come to a different conclusion. Obvs this all depends what it is!!

Reactions: 8
Let’s say she is granted permission to appeal because these judges agree the judge made some error(s) in law.

Would a full appeal hearing look at those errors and then what - decide if it had an impact on the outcome? Would it be a retrial or just conviction overturned?

Because even if he made any errors, it doesn’t necessarily mean the jury would have come to a different conclusion. Obvs this all depends what it is!!
I just found this…so I think that means the next stage (if the judges agree she’s allowed to appeal) is the court of appeal? And they decide whether to uphold the conviction or go to retrial. Unless I’ve read it wrong!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
It would need all the convictions to be over turned or retried to make a difference to Letby though.

Reactions: 11
I just found this…so I think that means the next stage (if the judges agree she’s allowed to appeal) is the court of appeal? And they decide whether to uphold the conviction or go to retrial. Unless I’ve read it wrong!
oh that’s useful thanks. She would still have a long way to go then even if she is successful this week. An actual appeal could still result in her conviction being upheld or going back for a retrial (can you imagine?! 😩) i certainly doubt she has enough grounds to overturn her conviction completely.

I’d love to know what applications were refused but would rather she is refused permission to appeal and this is the last we hear of any of it.

Reactions: 12
I’ve not been on this thread for a while but have some vague memory of baby K trial scheduled for February gone. Am I right, and why was it not? Does this application to appeal take precedence?

I’ve not been on this thread for a while but have some vague memory of baby K trial scheduled for February gone. Am I right, and why was it not? Does this application to appeal take precedence?
No, it was always set for June. The judge said the appeal should be sorted first.

Reactions: 5
From how I understand this the RR in place during the appeal relate to Baby K, so effectively nothing said this week jeopardises the June trial.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she has any real chance of getting to the Court of Appeals?
I’ve a feeling, and hope, her chance is slim to none.
Statistically 👀

Reactions: 9
I wonder if she has any real chance of getting to the Court of Appeals?
I’ve a feeling, and hope, her chance is slim to none.
Statistically 👀
Really hoping her chances are zero!!! Surely 🙏 how many days did the judges have to look over the case? Three?

Reactions: 5