Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rodeodown

I really don't know how true these articles are, but if they are true, does it really matter? We can't treat prisoners inhumanely no matter how sickening their crimes or how much we want to. The real punishment is the lack of freedom for things like visiting her friends and family whenever she wants, cooking herself whatever she fancies for dinner, popping to the shops, going on holiday, spending Christmas with loved ones, going for a walk etc. So personally I don't care if she has her own key, gets to dye her hair, makes friends with other murderers or whatever. She may be able to lock herself in her cell with her new sh*t hair but she has lost the most important things and she'll never have them again.
She'll never set foot in a matalan again 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

F1Grid

VIP Member
Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m not sure why they are going ahead with the baby k retrial. It was quite a weak case (evidence wise) and the fact a new jury will have to learn all the medical terms and protocol etc .. and for what? Shes never getting out anyway. And how on earth can she really get a fair trial for it? I mean how can the jury pool not be tainted at this point?
I think it’s just a bit mental tbh
It's likely that the parents want it. If my baby had been murdered by this bitch I'd want everybody to know that yes, she'd done it. Hung jury wouldn't cut it for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Tofino

VIP Member
Whaat why is this not a breaking news alert? They do it for Prince bloody Harry and every stage of his 1500 court cases against the media 🙄

I need to go find the details….
---
Actually I wonder if it is typical to refuse permission at this stage. I think similar happens in civil courts where they nearly always refuse permission to appeal and then it goes up to the higher court.
---
8BE4BDA9-4F95-495D-A17F-F5245653C550.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

MmmB777

VIP Member
Hey @Tofino 💕 thought I’d reply here as seems more appropriate! I’m all good, hope you’re too. I miss you (and all the gang) and the daily absolute madness of these threads and all the funny moments! I was thinking about this thread last night as unfortunately (all ok now, nothing major major) had my first medical/hospital experience with a mini mmmbop since my medical degree covering this trial 🤣 but let’s just say I had to sit down and felt very weird watching certain procedures whilst mmmbop jr smashed it without flinching 😵💫
Anyway hope all gingers and fellas are good and will definitely see everyone back here for baby K getting justice 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 28

greycloud

I do not think real justice for the babys will come until every manager that backed her and refused to remove her from the unit is charged with corporate manslaughter, one of them even said when asked that she would take responsibility if anything happened and the very next day letby killed another baby

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

gigilouxx

VIP Member
The one thing I’ll never get my head round with this trial is that nearly every single child died in almost identical circumstances, with her either on shift or just finished, yet they found her guilty for some and not guilty for others. It just baffles my mind

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
Part of me hopes she does apply again because if I’ve understood correctly, that would be a public hearing in front of a panel of 3 judges and I really want to hear what grounds Ben Myers thinks he has to appeal. And then hear them turned down again once and for all.

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
The inquiry into the events surrounding Lucy Letby’s crimes is in its early stages, details can be found here on the Thirwall Inquiry dedicated website

Later this year we also expect to hear more about Lucy’s application to appeal her convictions and also the prosecution’s retrial for the alleged attempted murder of baby K which the jury failed to reach a majority decision on last August.

Previous thread here

• Heart

Ghostranch

Meanwhile Letby lording it up in prison, makes me so mad.
I really don't know how true these articles are, but if they are true, does it really matter? We can't treat prisoners inhumanely no matter how sickening their crimes or how much we want to. The real punishment is the lack of freedom for things like visiting her friends and family whenever she wants, cooking herself whatever she fancies for dinner, popping to the shops, going on holiday, spending Christmas with loved ones, going for a walk etc. So personally I don't care if she has her own key, gets to dye her hair, makes friends with other murderers or whatever. She may be able to lock herself in her cell with her new sh*t hair but she has lost the most important things and she'll never have them again.

Reactions: 23

Whazgoinin

I've started listening to the podcast from the beginning again. Its reporting is still interesting and makes me fully appreciate what a huge case it was although the now known outcome makes the listening even more harrowing.

Hearing the reporting again I have no doubt of the guilty verdict and feel so sad for the parents who should have nearly 8-9 year old children at home now.

Parents who she didn't even acknowledge by showing at the verdict/sentencing, a woman who can assault and murder babies but not face adults. Her shunning the final sessions in court were insulting and cowardly.

I hope she has a really, really shitty time in prison for a long, long time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

d0llyw00d192

It was a given that it would be denied. She will of course apply again because she hasn't got a thing to lose... and again she will be refused. Not only will she then not be able to apply for permission to appeal again, she will also very likely be lumbered with the costs of the entire request to apply process AND possibly get a chunk of loss of time added.

Roll on June when she's extremely likely to get another tariff added 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Tofino

VIP Member
I thought baby K was one of the strongest cases tbh. You have a witness in Dr Jayaram for starters - he walked in on her and caught her red handed. She also didn’t deny it happened if I remember correctly. Also they had found her guilty of murder on multiple babies so it’s also looking at it in the context of knowing she was a killer. Which the jury were allowed to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Tofino

VIP Member
A booktoker in the US.
Can you see what I see? 👀

24F708E8-6972-4E5B-8A19-7B0BA20E7810.jpeg

This book on the bookshelf 😂

5C5DCB25-2953-4E54-9D94-BF4C10D6199C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21