Lucy Letby Case #71

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a given that it would be denied. She will of course apply again because she hasn't got a thing to lose... and again she will be refused. Not only will she then not be able to apply for permission to appeal again, she will also very likely be lumbered with the costs of the entire request to apply process AND possibly get a chunk of loss of time added.

Roll on June when she's extremely likely to get another tariff added 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Damn! 71th thread about her! I was done during the sentencing. Nothing more to be said. But I just saw her appeal got turned down. Yeah... You just got in, love? It was a massive sentence? It doesn't work like that. And there's even more to come?

EDIT: "Love" in the broadest sarcasm of course.

Reactions: 13
Part of me hopes she does apply again because if I’ve understood correctly, that would be a public hearing in front of a panel of 3 judges and I really want to hear what grounds Ben Myers thinks he has to appeal. And then hear them turned down again once and for all.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This makes me so happy! Are the Twitter and Facebook nutters still ranting on, if they are wonder what they will make of this!
The Facebook nutters are still as weird as ever. They’re all crying about it tonight 🤣

Twitter is very quiet, just a few nutters including Dicky Gill left battling. We’ve managed to get Mycroft banned at last! I bet he’s raging tonight because all his hard work has gone down the pan & because he can’t rant about it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She should just accept she fucked it, fade into obscurity, and die nameless.

Reactions: 16
The Facebook nutters are still as weird as ever. They’re all crying about it tonight 🤣

Twitter is very quiet, just a few nutters including Dicky Gill left battling. We’ve managed to get Mycroft banned at last! I bet he’s raging tonight because all his hard work has gone down the pan & because he can’t rant about it 🤣
Oh well done! Was just looking at the twitter reaction but couldn't remember mycrofts name it's so long since I've been down the rabbit hole. Is the drunk trampy one still going, forgotten his name too!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh well done! Was just looking at the twitter reaction but couldn't remember mycrofts name it's so long since I've been down the rabbit hole. Is the drunk trampy one still going, forgotten his name too!
Merlot Mark!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thanks. Merlot Mark has made his account private but before he did, he’d hardly posted about Letby for ages

Reactions: 5
Great news. I agree she'll appeal the lack of appeal, and then we'll hear the grounds.
I bet it's something to do with an unfair trial because of online gossip. I literally can't think of any other possibilities.

Her fans seem to be drying up. Their attention span didn't last long, they'll move onto the next parasocial relationship soon.

Reactions: 14
Damn! 71th thread about her! I was done during the sentencing. Nothing more to be said. But I just saw her appeal got turned down. Yeah... You just got in, love? It was a massive sentence? It doesn't work like that. And there's even more to come?

EDIT: "Love" in the broadest sarcasm of course.
I’m sure she was somehow expecting to get pardoned given how sanguine she sounds in reports. It just seems to fit her narcissistic character to expect it, somehow. Hopefully she will be denied in the next stage too.
---
Part of me hopes she does apply again because if I’ve understood correctly, that would be a public hearing in front of a panel of 3 judges and I really want to hear what grounds Ben Myers thinks he has to appeal. And then hear them turned down again once and for all.
Would it still be Myers? I wondered if they retain the same lawyer once in prison of just get assigned a new one. Bet he’ll be relieved once he can dispense with representing her!

Reactions: 8

Meanwhile Letby lording it up in prison, makes me so mad.
I really don't know how true these articles are, but if they are true, does it really matter? We can't treat prisoners inhumanely no matter how sickening their crimes or how much we want to. The real punishment is the lack of freedom for things like visiting her friends and family whenever she wants, cooking herself whatever she fancies for dinner, popping to the shops, going on holiday, spending Christmas with loved ones, going for a walk etc. So personally I don't care if she has her own key, gets to dye her hair, makes friends with other murderers or whatever. She may be able to lock herself in her cell with her new sh*t hair but she has lost the most important things and she'll never have them again.

Reactions: 23
I really don't know how true these articles are, but if they are true, does it really matter? We can't treat prisoners inhumanely no matter how sickening their crimes or how much we want to. The real punishment is the lack of freedom for things like visiting her friends and family whenever she wants, cooking herself whatever she fancies for dinner, popping to the shops, going on holiday, spending Christmas with loved ones, going for a walk etc. So personally I don't care if she has her own key, gets to dye her hair, makes friends with other murderers or whatever. She may be able to lock herself in her cell with her new sh*t hair but she has lost the most important things and she'll never have them again.
It doesn’t particularly matter to me but I bet to the parents whose babies she murdered it probably does.
i totally agree prisoners shouldn’t be treated inhumanely but I dont think she should be given extras , like her own key. Not every prisoners are given keys so why her.
But like you say she’s lost her freedom thats the main thing, and with appeal rejected she has a long time to thing on what she’s done.

Reactions: 15
I didn’t even know giving prisoners their own keys to their cells was even a thing. I’m not bothered about friendships (being friends with other child killers is nothing to be smug about) or playing games etc but the own key feels a bit much but I can’t really explain why.

Reactions: 17
I didn’t even know giving prisoners their own keys to their cells was even a thing. I’m not bothered about friendships (being friends with other child killers is nothing to be smug about) or playing games etc but the own key feels a bit much but I can’t really explain why.
I don’t think it should be a thing. Defeats the whole purpose imo. They’re prisoners, in prison. They should be treated as such.

Reactions: 11
It's more of a "privacy lock" that the staff can override at any time with their set of keys. I'm just happy that she will never have a normal life again, will be constantly looking over her shoulder and most importantly, will never again be able to harm another child

Reactions: 17
I’m sure she was somehow expecting to get pardoned given how sanguine she sounds in reports. It just seems to fit her narcissistic character to expect it, somehow. Hopefully she will be denied in the next stage too.
---

Would it still be Myers? I wondered if they retain the same lawyer once in prison of just get assigned a new one. Bet he’ll be relieved once he can dispense with representing her!
Good point. I just assumed he was staying on to try and get an appeal / Baby K but maybe not…

Reactions: 5