Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You think a note found by police during a house search that includes ‘I killed them on purpose’ by someone on trial for killing babies is irrelevant and shouldn’t have been brought up by the prosecution? Really?
Yes, because it also says she's innocent on it. I think she's guilty btw but I don't think this proves she murdered the babies. She could easily have written I killed them on purpose when she felt like she was to blame for being incompetent but also too prideful to admit she was tit at her job. I just don't belive it's the smoking gun that the prosecution made it out to be.

Reactions: 10
This seems like a basic question I'm asking but in a long serious case like this, have the police now ended their investigation and got all the evidence they're going to get? Or are they still investigating during the trial and can introduce things that have come to light since going into court?

This seems like a basic question I'm asking but in a long serious case like this, have the police now ended their investigation and got all the evidence they're going to get? Or are they still investigating during the trial and can introduce things that have come to light since going into court?
I think for these cases that have gone to court it's all concluded. I think any other investigation will be into other babies not brought up in this court case.

Reactions: 4
I dipped out for a couple of days as reading all the details plus being pregnant and hormonal it was just too much. Going to tentatively catch up and see how I go. Hope everyone reading is taking breaks when they feel it's too much and takes care of themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Depends on her frame of mind tbh. I do think it's the ramblings of someone losing her mind.
I don't think you can trust anything written down on that post it note. Maybe she was losing her mind, maybe she was deciding if she should plead guilty or innocent. We have no way of knowing so that is why I don't believe the note to be helpful. I'd rather just forget it exists and focus on the other evidence!

Reactions: 5
Hi all, been lurking on these boards about a week but thought I’d join the discussion, although I worry I’m getting overly invested in this case. I am really not sure what to make of the whole thing, I just find it all very strange!

I work in the NHS (mental health ward) and am a mum to a baby(well toddler now) myself and of course I can’t even imagine how those parents must feel but for some reason I keep coming back to Lucy herself and feeling bad for her too?
Of course if she’s done this then I’m sure I won’t feel that way but every time I see a picture of her face I feel really sorry for her.
I know this probably makes me a bit weird! And of course I feel even more sorry for the babies and their poor families.
Who knows whether it’s bias/ white privilege/ or because I identify with her in some way but right now I admit I am struggling to see her as 100% guilty of doing this intentionally

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi all, been lurking on these boards about a week but thought I’d join the discussion, although I worry I’m getting overly invested in this case. I am really not sure what to make of the whole thing, I just find it all very strange!

I work in the NHS (mental health ward) and am a mum to a baby(well toddler now) myself and of course I can’t even imagine how those parents must feel but for some reason I keep coming back to Lucy herself and feeling bad for her too?
Of course if she’s done this then I’m sure I won’t feel that way but every time I see a picture of her face I feel really sorry for her.
I know this probably makes me a bit weird! And of course I feel even more sorry for the babies and their poor families.
Who knows whether it’s bias/ white privilege/ or because I identify with her in some way but right now I admit I am struggling to see her as 100% guilty of doing this intentionally
I feel the same the whole thing is just so horrible and strange

Reactions: 6
I dipped out for a couple of days as reading all the details plus being pregnant and hormonal it was just too much. Going to tentatively catch up and see how I go. Hope everyone reading is taking breaks when they feel it's too much and takes care of themselves
Pregnant too, I think that's why I can't keep away from this trial. I feel so protective of those poor babies, be it negligence or homicide, their deaths should not have happened!!

• Heart
Yes, because it also says she's innocent on it. I think she's guilty btw but I don't think this proves she murdered the babies. She could easily have written I killed them on purpose when she felt like she was to blame for being incompetent but also too prideful to admit she was tit at her job. I just don't belive it's the smoking gun that the prosecution made it out to be.
I understand there is a lot of debate about the note but that doesn’t make it irrelevant or that prosecution shouldn’t have brought it up. We haven’t even heard her explanation to the note yet.

Reactions: 9
The Facebook searches are a funny one for me. Again, if this was the first ever neonatal death she had dealt with as a nurse then grief is a funny thing and maybe she got some comfort in looking up the parents and seeing their friends compassionate messages etc. But on the flip side, she could have been looking to see if anyone was saying anything about her practice (which you could conceivably worry about if you were either innocent or guilty). Not sure it adds anything at this stage until we hear more evidence

Reactions: 13
I understand there is a lot of debate about the note but that doesn’t make it irrelevant or that prosecution shouldn’t have brought it up. We haven’t even heard her explanation to the note yet.
Well at the very least I don't think they should have opened with it. I think if anything it has cast a shadow on her guilt for a lot of people. I think the prosecution made a mistake making it such a big deal. But again this is just my opinion!!

See I’ve lost my mind in the last but I would never write something like that .
even if she was loosing her mind why write she’s evil and she did this and she did it on purpose . How can you do it on purpose that’s admitting guilt in my eyes .

im Staying open minded at this stage but I do think it’s a strange thing to write

Reactions: 8
I think it’s offensive that people keep referring to miscarriage or baby loss as a trigger to her starting to kill babies.

I’ve had miscarriages and I know people that have lost babies and they do not go on to become murderers.

It is highly likely that if guilty, she is a psychopath and acted in cold blood and there was no trigger.
I understand your point completely as miscarriage is so prevalent and often not spoken about and if all women who had been through this went on to kill the world would be in a sorry state however it’s undisputed that many killers have a trigger point or stressor in their life that leads them to begin killing.

Given the nature of the alleged crimes it would stand to reason that her stressor, if she had one, was perhaps pregnancy related. It’s a lot more complex than she’s had a miscarriage and therefore she’s decided to kill other peoples babies… it’s like a whole horrendous star-aligning moment. This is the part I’m probably most interested in as I really want to understand this more.

I don't think you can trust anything written down on that post it note. Maybe she was losing her mind, maybe she was deciding if she should plead guilty or innocent. We have no way of knowing so that is why I don't believe the note to be helpful. I'd rather just forget it exists and focus on the other evidence!
We both think she’s guilty I’m not being picky here just using your post as an example but if we can’t take that note seriously with what’s written on it being so so serious it’s not a shopping list of bread and milk sorry I’m rambling let me start again. Basically if we can’t take that note seriously then she would be deemed not fit to stand trial.. which she has been said to be fit to stand trial or they would of gone in guilty on diminished responsibility.. just my thoughts

The Facebook searches are a funny one for me. Again, if this was the first ever neonatal death she had dealt with as a nurse then grief is a funny thing and maybe she got some comfort in looking up the parents and seeing their friends compassionate messages etc. But on the flip side, she could have been looking to see if anyone was saying anything about her practice (which you could conceivably worry about if you were either innocent or guilty). Not sure it adds anything at this stage until we hear more evidence
I also find the facebook searches strange. She says to a colleague that she doesn't want to look after baby B and she doesn't want to see the parents but then continuously searches them over a period of days on facebook?
Could mean a number of things but I find it very odd. One time, ok - bit weird but there you go - multiple times suggests she is definitely looking out for something.

Reactions: 18
So did child a c and d all die on the same night?! I’m confused at the latest text message.

Reactions: 2
Intresting how her work friend text her saying “ luckily it doesn’t happen often here “

so that to me says deaths don’t happen often so it’s strange why that year so many deaths happened in Lucy care .

Reactions: 13
I agree. It’s pure conjecture and a strange thing to fixate on when she was so young, quite early on in her career and wasn’t in a serious relationship as far as we know. For most women in her position, settling down and having babies would not be a thought in her immediate future. There’s no evidence to suggest that she’s suffered miscarriages or had been told she was infertile.
I think some people are interpreting the part of the note that says "I'll never have children or marry" as she had been told she couldn't have children, although it easily could be because she knew if she was found guilty she's be in prison for life, so would never have that opportunity.

Reactions: 20
We both think she’s guilty I’m not being picky here just using your post as an example but if we can’t take that note seriously with what’s written on it being so so serious it’s not a shopping list of bread and milk sorry I’m rambling let me start again. Basically if we can’t take that note seriously then she would be deemed not fit to stand trial.. which she has been said to be fit to stand trial or they would of gone in guilty on diminished responsibility.. just my thoughts
But I think people who are perfectly sane write crazy tit all the time. For example, I write poetry, I write about death A LOT. I am perfectly sane and am not a danger to myself or others but if I was ever in the unfortunate position of being accused of such I'm sure my writing would come back to bite me.
I'm not sure if I'm making my point clearly enough but I'm just trying to say people can write mad tit and it not be true. I also think she is perfectly sane and was never in any real distress other than being worried she was finally going to be caught!

Reactions: 9
Sorry if that has already been discussed but was wondering about the garden being dug up… if someone is suspected of multiple murders is this just a standard thing that would be done just to make sure there aren’t other bodies under there or not even bodies but any other evidence??
Or is it unusual that they would dig up a garden?
Also I read on another forum that she apparently bought the house in March 2016 and sold it in 2019 and someone was saying it was strange how she would’ve moved but still had old paperwork, but I suppose not necessarily.
Did she live there alone do we know?
Did she move back to her parents in Hereford whilst released on bail?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.