Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Janet visits the cat cafe. We saw her pictures on insta before she set it to private. Wouldn’t shock me if it was her passing on info to Jammy during her visits.
No they wernt … I only went 3 times… each time they seemed separate…. Not like those pics of um walking too n from court holding hands…. Maybe that was a act for the press … she was strange to me …. He seems broken. I think he knows she did it. …. I think mother ain’t mentally right and his life is torn between his wife and murderer daughter or accepting the truth. But at 70 ish he ain’t gona be loosing his wife and daughter xx

whatever her story she is where she belongs !!!! Xx and these utter disrespectful cretins need duck off!!! Xx

Reactions: 21
Court in general has been the weirdest, heartbreaking, yet interesting time.

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LL’s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ‘you just stick up for them again then’ meaning the prosecution 😳 she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LL’s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Don’t get me wrong it must’ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasn’t happy with what they’d written about her. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldn’t ask for a better team, I’m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength they’ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you don’t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. It’s all for them ❤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ‘off’ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that I’d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time they’d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. That’s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that they’d done the hard part, they’d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they should’ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! I’ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Friday… I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw must’ve been on the floor I wasn’t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ‘it’s been x hours and x minutes’ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldn’t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasn’t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LL’s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LL’s mum. I get that she’s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families don’t!!! And they should’ve had their moment their justice…
It was horrific I don’t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty it’s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. I’ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and she’s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didn’t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldn’t come up. The last power she had and she used it! She’s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ‘maybe’
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didn’t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was it… one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasn’t… I wish they’d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually don’t understand with cross inference how they didn’t find all guilty’s if I’m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But that’s the law that’s how it works and I really do think they’ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldn’t shake the sadness for the other families…
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I can’t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ‘normal’ from a distance.

I have no doubts there’ll be a part 2… it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Taking her freedom isn’t enough. Those poor defenceless babies 😭
This post is fascinating...thank you for sharing this. You've witnessed things the whole world has heard about and you've really put across so well how surreal an experience it must have been. I keep thinking this, if it was me I don't think I'd be able to look at her in the courtroom and believe it's actually her and being in such close proximity of someone that has carried out such evil. I'd find it hard to get my head around that I was looking at the person that has carried out one of the worse crimes any of us will see in our lifetimes, or our generations lifetimes.

I hope you are OK because it must have been so mentally and emotionally exhausting, especially seeing the poor parents and how their lives have been so tragically changed forever.

Thanks for sharing ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This post is fascinating...thank you for sharing this. You've witnessed things the whole world has heard about and you've really put across so well how surreal an experience it must have been. I keep thinking this, if it was me I don't think I'd be able to look at her in the courtroom and believe it's actually her and being in such close proximity of someone that has carried out such evil. I'd find it hard to get my head around that I was looking at the person that has carried out one of the worse crimes any of us will see in our lifetimes, or our generations lifetimes.

I hope you are OK because it must have been so mentally and emotionally exhausting, especially seeing the poor parents and how their lives have been so tragically changed forever.

Thanks for sharing ♥
Yep it’s bizarre to see her …. I only went 3 times but she appeared confident and cocky … pulling BNE up where she could … it was bizarre… not hoe u would expect a innocent person to appear …. We would all be screaming … no no no I didn’t do it etc etc … none of that …

the teddy she was clutching was a act … like ya trying act innocent and just read a text book night before on “how should I act if I’m innocent”.
She ducked up on that stand (I only went 3 days) but she said to BNE …. In a raised frustrated voice “I knew what I was looking AT!! As I say I only went there 3 days but she was loosing it that day. She was more than happy to pull him up numerous times she was more than happy pass her post it’s to myers and she was more than happy to study her files. Was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen!!!! THAT THING is in right place. Make no mistake about it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Science on Trial posted saying that deaths continued to rise after Lucifer was taken off the unit. They used a graph that most of us have seen before, the one that has the area figures on it where COCH figures are in grey & shows that deaths decreased. They are stating that COCH has the only maternity & neonatal departments in the area, so it proves that deaths increased instead of decreased. A few people called them out over it & argued that they were misrepresenting the data. I think they are too. I’ll share the screenshots so you can see what you think.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Court in general has been the weirdest, heartbreaking, yet interesting time.

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LL’s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ‘you just stick up for them again then’ meaning the prosecution 😳 she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LL’s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Don’t get me wrong it must’ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasn’t happy with what they’d written about her. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldn’t ask for a better team, I’m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength they’ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you don’t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. It’s all for them ❤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ‘off’ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that I’d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time they’d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. That’s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that they’d done the hard part, they’d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they should’ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! I’ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Friday… I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw must’ve been on the floor I wasn’t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ‘it’s been x hours and x minutes’ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldn’t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasn’t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LL’s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LL’s mum. I get that she’s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families don’t!!! And they should’ve had their moment their justice…
It was horrific I don’t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty it’s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. I’ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and she’s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didn’t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldn’t come up. The last power she had and she used it! She’s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ‘maybe’
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didn’t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was it… one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasn’t… I wish they’d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually don’t understand with cross inference how they didn’t find all guilty’s if I’m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But that’s the law that’s how it works and I really do think they’ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldn’t shake the sadness for the other families…
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I can’t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ‘normal’ from a distance.

I have no doubts there’ll be a part 2… it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Taking her freedom isn’t enough. Those poor defenceless babies 😭
Thank you so much for this. I can understand now how the events unfolded and what it was like for the people in court. As you say it's awful for the families who didn't get justice after all these years. At least she has been found guilty for so many and justice has been served for those families and LL will now pay the price for her crimes. I hope if she has done more crimes these will be uncovered by the police. When you weren't posting on here I thought maybe you'd gone on holiday but obviously now we know the reason.

• Heart
Science on Trial posted saying that deaths continued to rise after Lucifer was taken off the unit. They used a graph that most of us have seen before, the one that has the area figures on it where COCH figures are in grey & shows that deaths decreased. They are stating that COCH has the only maternity & neonatal departments in the area, so it proves that deaths increased instead of decreased. A few people called them out over it & argued that they were misrepresenting the data. I think they are too. I’ll share the screenshots so you can see what you think.
Right, who put 50p in the head?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
yes I think they are absolutely misrepresenting the data. It would actually be laughable if it wasn’t so heartbreaking. They are showing their stupidity again.

I haven’t looked deep enough into this but if it’s based on where the baby lives and not the hospital born at then I presume that the ONS stats for neonatal deaths would also include any neonatals that died at home or another hospital. For example Leighton Hospital in Crewe (not Cheshire west) is often the main hospital for people in Northwich (Cheshire west) to give birth at.

They just have no idea what the circumstances were in any of them. Just because COCH is the only hospital in Cheshire West with a neonatal unit doesn’t mean they are involved with a baby from Cheshire West who died in the first 28 days. They may have never even met those babies but being accused of being responsible for the deaths! Idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
you might not have caught up with the threads yet but before Janet locked her Instagram we discovered she had pictures at his cat cafe. So I’d put money on it coming from Janet to Jammy.
Oh my god no I’ve not been able to read anything at all, I knew it. How she can sit there scowling at those from court 8 then go blabbing to him is ridiculous. The CPS know where the leak came from hopefully they went knocking at 6am to him too! The thing that annoyed me was him saying well I wasn’t there so the contempt of court doesn’t stand for me… wtf I half think he wanted it mess the trial up! We literally were sworn to secrecy and the press etc. Infact one of us 6 court regulars just missed one of the verdicts and saw us outside and we literally stood like hi 👀 you ok, and said nothing he guessed and said I understand we’re under embargo and we still didn’t agree or disagree! That’s how seriously we took it! Yet he’s blabbing I do understand from the surface you can see why she was lovely Lucy but clearly there was another side too…

Reactions: 30
If you press on my name all my comments are there. She was quite nicely spoken (her voice and accent) like the police station video, but sometimes she would be narky / sarcy and snap answers back sometimes even before they’d finished answering. She blinked like crazy, literally like every second. Pauses before she answered as little words as possible. She argued ageeed facts. Forgot what she said 20 seconds ago but can remember a doctor didn’t wash her hands after a cigarette. She was cold, no sad emotions just an annoyed one. She just didn’t act how I’d expect someone fighting for their life to behave
I remember reading the CS reports when they reported word for word the questions put to her and the answers she gave. At the time I thought she kept her answers to a minimum which I thought was to avoid implicating herself as much as possible. When reading the newspaper reports it's difficult to know what her manner and attitude was like so it's good to hear your description.

Reactions: 19

Thanks for sharing ♥
This, honestly it’s still mind blowing it literally is the strangest feeling, 2 weeks on I still feel numb etc. just hearing on tv was so strange, we’d been in this teeny circle of trust and then hearing people talk about felt soooo strange…

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I wouldn't give it a second thought. They arent going to get very far with that baseless science.

Also this is hardly the data that would set her free. Its not about how many deaths there were, its about the cause for those deaths. "If" they had increased after because of below par care or a virus for example, no one wouldve been at fault.

So unless they manage to somehow obtain medical records proving that all of Letbys babies were accidental deaths (impossible since it was proven otherwise), I cant see any of their nonesense making the slightest of difference.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you so much for this. I can understand now how the events unfolded and what it was like for the people in court. As you say it's awful for the families who didn't get justice after all these years. At least she has been found guilty for so many and justice has been served for those families and LL will now pay the price for her crimes. I hope if she has done more crimes these will be uncovered by the police. When you weren't posting on here I thought maybe you'd gone on holiday but obviously now we know the reason.
Yes I went on the Saturday after verdict and got back 10pm last night. I was in. Swim ring, my youngest was in one my eldest on a body board being pulled, hubby got cramp, eldest fell off and almost drowned I couldn’t stand up and my phone ended up in the sea, and barely charges anymore, going to order a new one, between that, having hardly any signal and needing to spend time with my babies as I’d been in court a lot, I haven’t been able to read anything on here at all

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Oh my god no I’ve not been able to read anything at all, I knew it. How she can sit there scowling at those from court 8 then go blabbing to him is ridiculous. The CPS know where the leak came from hopefully they went knocking at 6am to him too! The thing that annoyed me was him saying well I wasn’t there so the contempt of court doesn’t stand for me… wtf I half think he wanted it mess the trial up! We literally were sworn to secrecy and the press etc. Infact one of us 6 court regulars just missed one of the verdicts and saw us outside and we literally stood like hi 👀 you ok, and said nothing he guessed and said I understand we’re under embargo and we still didn’t agree or disagree! That’s how seriously we took it! Yet he’s blabbing I do understand from the surface you can see why she was lovely Lucy but clearly there was another side too…
This is unbelievable! I hope they get in serious trouble 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember reading the CS reports when they reported word for word the questions put to her and the answers she gave. At the time I thought she kept her answers to a minimum which I thought was to avoid implicating herself as much as possible. When reading the newspaper reports it's difficult to know what her manner and attitude was like so it's good to hear your description.
Well before I came I thought BNE was being awful with her and she must’ve felt threatened… then I went… he had the most gentle lovely professional voice and said everything calmly and she was the narky one 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This, honestly it’s still mind blowing it literally is the strangest feeling, 2 weeks on I still feel numb etc. just hearing on tv was so strange, we’d been in this teeny circle of trust and then hearing people talk about felt soooo strange…
I bet those 10 days between first verdicts and final ones felt a lifetime!

I bet those 10 days between first verdicts and final ones felt a lifetime!
It was so hard, hubby was furious it was still going on and that I kept needing to go to court, he was like WHATTT still nothing and I was like nope, I could speak to my mum (we attended court together since the beginning) and O’Lee other than that nothing, it was so strange I don’t want to sound like a weirdo but all of us said it felt surreal we were walking around, seeing people write things etc and were like 😳 if only you knew… we knew it was going to be so big and nobody knew… we’d see things on fb and here and would’ve loved to have been able to say, but we knew the jury were doing such a good thorough job we couldn’t let anything get in the way. Being able to sit in the cafe and on the train and actually speak about it was soooo strange. I remember messaging our family group straight after and being like ‘finale, done, finished’ and they were all like thank god- they were fed up with us not being at home 🤣🤣
---
It was so hard, hubby was furious it was still going on and that I kept needing to go to court, he was like WHATTT still nothing and I was like nope, I could speak to my mum (we attended court together since the beginning) and O’Lee other than that nothing, it was so strange I don’t want to sound like a weirdo but all of us said it felt surreal we were walking around, seeing people write things etc and were like 😳 if only you knew… we knew it was going to be so big and nobody knew… we’d see things on fb and here and would’ve loved to have been able to say, but we knew the jury were doing such a good thorough job we couldn’t let anything get in the way. Being able to sit in the cafe and on the train and actually speak about it was soooo strange. I remember messaging our family group straight after and being like ‘finale, done, finished’ and they were all like thank god- they were fed up with us not being at home 🤣🤣
Then they were like wow it’s major news, we were like… you think!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes I went on the Saturday after verdict and got back 10pm last night. I was in. Swim ring, my youngest was in one my eldest on a body board being pulled, hubby got cramp, eldest fell off and almost drowned I couldn’t stand up and my phone ended up in the sea, and barely charges anymore, going to order a new one, between that, having hardly any signal and needing to spend time with my babies as I’d been in court a lot, I haven’t been able to read anything on here at all the time.
I hope you had a really good holiday but I know you must have had all this on your mind during your holiday. That must have been awful your hubby almost drowning but thank goodness he's ok. I've not been able to stop thinking about Letby myself since the verdicts and there has been so much on tv. I don't know whether you've had chance to watch it but there is an hour long Operation Hummingbird programme on You Tube which features a lot of the police who you'll recognise.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I put money on it that Letby's mum has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Everything @nosycowmoo has described from court screams this, but I thought it from the moment I heard she wailed when her daughter was sentenced.

If you have a Narc parent specifically a mother you will recognise that wail and shreaking... I swear I could hear it myself.... they cannot cry normally... it's always a show and it is always just never quite right as it's an imitation of emotion.

By extension I firmly believe Letby is one herself, her behaviour has always not just been psychopathic to me. It doesn't happen to all children with a parent like that but if Letby was born not wired right to begin with and then had that as a parent.... well then you have the perfect environment for a Narc to be created and as it turns out, a serial killer. A perfect storm...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@nosycowmoo thank you for all your insights and observations. I’m glad you had a holiday to go on straight away with your family to give you a break (hope everyone was ok and had a good time after the water incident). You must of been hoping it would all come to and end before you went away.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hope you had a really good holiday but I know you must have had all this on your mind during your holiday. That must have been awful your hubby almost drowning but thank goodness he's ok. I've not been able to stop thinking about Letby myself since the verdicts and there has been so much on tv. I don't know whether you've had chance to watch it but there is an hour long Operation Hummingbird programme on You Tube which features a lot of the police who you'll recognise.
Ah I watched it in stages when signal allowed I knew all but 2 I think, it was lovely to see them all, every single one was incredible and what a good job they did
---
@nosycowmoo thank you for all your insights and observations. I’m glad you had a holiday to go on straight away with your family to give you a break (hope everyone was ok and had a good time after the water incident). You must of been hoping it would all come to and end before you went away.
Omg when O’Lee and the police etc were going on holiday we were thinking oh no poor things they’re going to miss it, not for a single minute did I think I’d miss any of it! I thought verdicts would come all together and knew in School hols I could miss that (luckily it was in stages instead) but I kept thinking at least I’ll get to the sentencing. I’m not going to lie I priced up joining them after the Monday but in the end Family time comes first, it makes you think then those poor families don’t get that time 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.