Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been following this guy's youtube (journalist?) for a while now. He attended the full trial so has a very solid first hand experience of the case, plus has done a lot of research. His latest video breaks down what the green note actually says and condemns the sleuths for misinterpreting it.

But the most interesting thing he says is that these notes, and in particular, the green note, were of very little importance to the case. Maybe 5mins in total of questioning out of 50 hours, so the prosecution case was not remotely based on the notes. Also, the green note in particular was barely mentioned in court. The yellow(?) note, where LL writes as if the triplets are all dead, although one is alive, was a more crucial part of the enquiry.

He also praised Tattlers and the wiki 🥰 So HI THERE - I'm a fan of your videos!

Here is the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

I recommend all of his other videos too for a fully unbiased view of the case from beginning to end.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
They say the note ramblings aren’t an indication of her guilt but to me they’re one of the more obvious parts of evidence.

I don’t think she’s having a breakdown at being accused. I think she’s absolutely flapping it because she knows shits about to hit the fan, all this “no evidence, slander” nonsense looks more like something she’s repeating to herself for reassurance.
All the perverts can talk about her “anguish” all they want but she’s absolutely shitting herself in them notes and there’s nothing that could convince me otherwise

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I've been following this guy's youtube (journalist?) for a while now. He attended the full trial so has a very solid first hand experience of the case, plus has done a lot of research. His latest video breaks down what the green note actually says and condemns the sleuths for misinterpreting it.

But the most interesting thing he says is that these notes, and in particular, the green note, were of very little importance to the case. Maybe 5mins in total of questioning out of 50 hours, so the prosecution case was not remotely based on the notes. Also, the green note in particular was barely mentioned in court. The yellow(?) note, where LL writes as if the triplets are all dead, although one is alive, was a more crucial part of the enquiry.

He also praised Tattlers and the wiki 🥰 So HI THERE - I'm a fan of your videos!

Here is the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

I recommend all of his other videos too for a fully unbiased view of the case from beginning to end.
oh this is very good. particularly like the tattle name check 😁 and he’s right, many people new to the case and just reading the papers will probably think this was a huge piece of evidence when it actually wasn’t.

I remember being frustrated that BNE didn’t grill her more about the ‘on purpose’ bit of the note. But I think they knew the notes would be debatable and it’s such a minor part of the evidence overall that it wasn’t constructive to spend too much time on it. And with hindsight and reflection i’m glad they didn’t.

This guy said that particular note was 2 mins at most out of 3000 mins of cross = 0.067 % of cross examination time.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Some person (David Kurten) who I vaguely recognise as some right wing crank, came up on my “for you” Twitter as posted that bad YouTube about the note - Marky boy was in the comments. Had a browse through both (sadly he lives in same region as me 😷) but it seems it is literally all the 5G, covid denier / anti vaccine fear mongers that are all on the Letby is Innocent camp. That makes me happy cause they will never be taken seriously. This must be the new conspiracy theory for them to cling on to, guess they need somat in their weird little lives to rage against.

He also likes posts of that Secret Solicitor who is clearly a pisstake and he doesn’t even realise it - not the smartest Freddo in the pack 😭

Reactions: 16
I find it unnerving that, despite a guilty verdict, Letby still has supporters who think there has been a miscarriage of justice. They're the sort of neckbeards who will write to her in prison, declaring their undying love, and ask her to marry them.

It's quite funny actually, Letby's only chance of romance going forward, is with a crazy conspiracy theorist. Lucky Lucy.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I listen on Spotify. If you have an iPhone you will have an app called ‘podcasts’. Not sure about Android. Just search Lucy Letby and it’ll come up ‘The trial of Lucy Letby’ by the mail
Thank you so much, I've found it 😊

Reactions: 1
Some person (David Kurten) who I vaguely recognise as some right wing crank, came up on my “for you” Twitter as posted that bad YouTube about the note - Marky boy was in the comments. Had a browse through both (sadly he lives in same region as me 😷) but it seems it is literally all the 5G, covid denier / anti vaccine fear mongers that are all on the Letby is Innocent camp. That makes me happy cause they will never be taken seriously. This must be the new conspiracy theory for them to cling on to, guess they need somat in their weird little lives to rage against.

He also likes posts of that Secret Soi wonderlicitor who is clearly a pisstake and he doesn’t even realise it - not the smartest Freddo in the pack 😭
I wonder if he's related to Peter Kürten, the 1929 serial killer? (aka The Vampire of Düsseldorf)
TW: just be aware, if you read this not-nice-fella's wiki, it's very graphic.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Does anyone know the area well enough to know whether LL could have seen the graves of her victims from her house? I think I read on the wiki or it was mentioned on a prior thread that the house was in close proximity to the graveyard.

(If this is the case, the house should’ve been demolished, much like the West house/Moscow murder house from the US)

Good morning and it’s lovely weather (I’m not far from Chester) … hope the parents of the victims are able to have a nice day out an about with any other children they have gone on to have (not that they shouldn’t be having a great day with their murdered children 😢 xx

and then we have THAT… IT will have been awoken after a poor sleep being checked on constantly haha it will of eaten some crap breakfast (could contain saliva) and it can look at the weather threw the bars … on its own!!! ….Enjoy witch!!! 👍 xx

Reactions: 9
I find it unnerving that, despite a guilty verdict, Letby still has supporters who think there has been a miscarriage of justice. They're the sort of neckbeards who will write to her in prison, declaring their undying love, and ask her to marry them.

It's quite funny actually, Letby's only chance of romance going forward, is with a crazy conspiracy theorist. Lucky Lucy.
No no no she'll also get the chance to be someone's prison witch later down the line I'm sure 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know the area well enough to know whether LL could have seen the graves of her victims from her house? I think I read on the wiki or it was mentioned on a prior thread that the house was in close proximity to the graveyard.

(If this is the case, the house should’ve been demolished, much like the West house/Moscow murder house from the US)
We don’t know if any of the babies she killed are buried there. It’s possible in the winter she could see the graveyard through the trees from her upstairs back windows but I think it’s too dense in summer to be able to see anything.

Reactions: 11
I have been reading about the anonymity in the trail. I now am not sure what to think. I mean yes I definitely think for the babies and their siblings as its really unfair to them but I read this.

The worry the trial would become an alphabet soup. Some comments from the article.

The unprecedented measures taken in this case have sparked widespread concern over the preservation of transparency and open justice in criminal courts.
Geoffrey Robertson KC, the eminent barrister, said the precious tradition of open justice had been “abandoned” during the Letby trial.
He said: “Open justice is the most sacred of all British legal traditions, yet in this case it was abandoned because witnesses and victims said they felt discomfort about being identified.

“Their claim to privacy was allowed to outweigh the public right to see justice done. But this is not a question of balancing these two irreconcilable values: open justice should always prevail, except in cases of national security or where victims would be seriously harmed.
“That appears not to be the case here and the very fact that these secrecy applications succeeded will doubtless encourage more attempts to suppress information about what goes on in court.
“It was unsatisfactory that in this case the application was made by the prosecution, the agent of a state that should be proud of its open justice tradition.”
Robert Buckland, the former Justice Secretary, also criticised the wide-ranging anonymity orders, and said “embarrassment or anxiety” for witnesses was not a good enough reason to hide their identities.

Nazir Afzal, a former chief prosecutor for the North West, commented that the move could have “a really chilling effect on other trials”.
Every witness could argue that they may be traumatised by having to give evidence in a high-profile trial. The importance of identification is that we don’t have secret courts where secret evidence is heard, not in the UK.
“Our system is open so everyone can see it and everybody has an opportunity to form their own view of the credibility of evidence. Justice has to be seen to be done.
“I recognise this is serious and the most horrific kind of case. That said, the victim or witness in any crime could say they are triggered and traumatised... This could have a really chilling effect on other trials.”

Reactions: 11
It seems to be a trend that people can get out of stuff for 'feeling uncomfortable' about doing things - it happens at my workplace (university, so canary in a coalmine for this sort of thing). I wonder if it's about people finding out that nothing happens if they refuse to do things on these grounds because authority doesn't know how to respond or compel people?

After the relief of Letby’s convictions and sentences, I’m becoming more horrified with the NHS managers who, in effect, enabled her. Thank god the enquiry is now statutory.

When you have something like a hospital, full of highly-qualified professionals doing their very specific thing and key support from everyone else, the managers need to be an excellent calibre, having a highly-informed overview, and appreciation of all the special issues which will arise. Instead many are mediocre people who get into those positions through self-promotion, pretence to trendy political attitudes and the supposed benefits of having run accounts for Marks & Spencer or whatever they did before.

At the enquiry, I want to see explanations from that woman who took Letby out for coffees and nurtured her grievance – presumably based her entire response on the in-house pamphlet on bullying in the workplace while dismissing all the concerns of highly-experienced professionals on the ground – I bet she’d be on you like a jumping spider if you got anyone’s titting pronouns wrong though.

And the senior manager who resigned with a statement put together from a Scrabble-bag of bullshit bingo words – I want to see him at the enquiry too, looking forward to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Signals been a joke and I broke my charger hole by putting my phone in the sea (thought iPhones were waterproof 🙄) so it’s been temperamental
im on my way home, kids back at school on Monday can’t wait to read back to when the news came out. Does anyone know the thread number? Anything anyone wants to ask? Etc I feel out the loop

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Signals been a joke and I broke my charger hole by putting my phone in the sea (thought iPhones were waterproof 🙄) so it’s been temperamental
im on my way home, kids back at school on Monday can’t wait to read back to when the news came out. Does anyone know the thread number? Anything anyone wants to ask? Etc I feel out the loop
Yes interested on your experience of when the verdicts came out.
---
Random thoughts but where did Lucifer spend lock down? Seems to me with her parents in Hereford. I wonder if she thought she would get away with it due to the apocalyptic nature of the news at the time.

Did her parents clap her every Thursday night or did they all silently fume?

Reactions: 5
I have been reading about the anonymity in the trail. I now am not sure what to think. I mean yes I definitely think for the babies and their siblings as its really unfair to them but I read this.

The worry the trial would become an alphabet soup. Some comments from the article.

The unprecedented measures taken in this case have sparked widespread concern over the preservation of transparency and open justice in criminal courts.
Geoffrey Robertson KC, the eminent barrister, said the precious tradition of open justice had been “abandoned” during the Letby trial.
He said: “Open justice is the most sacred of all British legal traditions, yet in this case it was abandoned because witnesses and victims said they felt discomfort about being identified.

“Their claim to privacy was allowed to outweigh the public right to see justice done. But this is not a question of balancing these two irreconcilable values: open justice should always prevail, except in cases of national security or where victims would be seriously harmed.
“That appears not to be the case here and the very fact that these secrecy applications succeeded will doubtless encourage more attempts to suppress information about what goes on in court.
“It was unsatisfactory that in this case the application was made by the prosecution, the agent of a state that should be proud of its open justice tradition.”
Robert Buckland, the former Justice Secretary, also criticised the wide-ranging anonymity orders, and said “embarrassment or anxiety” for witnesses was not a good enough reason to hide their identities.

Nazir Afzal, a former chief prosecutor for the North West, commented that the move could have “a really chilling effect on other trials”.
Every witness could argue that they may be traumatised by having to give evidence in a high-profile trial. The importance of identification is that we don’t have secret courts where secret evidence is heard, not in the UK.
“Our system is open so everyone can see it and everybody has an opportunity to form their own view of the credibility of evidence. Justice has to be seen to be done.
“I recognise this is serious and the most horrific kind of case. That said, the victim or witness in any crime could say they are triggered and traumatised... This could have a really chilling effect on other trials.”

I’m torn on this. I agree that we need an open and transparent justice system, but does not knowing the names everyone involved really impact that?

The victims and their families are 100% entitled to anonymity if that’s what they choose. And while I think Dr NN is a coward and a liar for the reasons he gave for wanting to be anonymous, I don’t really think it matters in the great scheme of things. If witnesses feel more able to speak freely and are less reluctant to give evidence if they’re anonymous, then I think it’s a good thing.

I think the article was clearly written by a newspaper with an agenda. They’d possibly sell more papers, have more salacious headlines, and get more clicks if they were able to write more about the affair and all the gory details. But I don’t think it had a negative impact on the trial at all, and I didn’t find it more difficult to follow because the babies had letters instead of names.

I don’t think the argument that the public have a right to see justice done, is valid, because I don’t feel this was impacted by the anonymity order. But others may disagree obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We don’t know if any of the babies she killed are buried there. It’s possible in the winter she could see the graveyard through the trees from her upstairs back windows but I think it’s too dense in summer to be able to see anything.
The catchment area for the COCH is quite wide, I had my eldest son there and I live in North Wales. It's possible that the families lived outside of the Chester / Blacon area.

Reactions: 3
I’m personally for special measures for witnesses/victims in court. The majority of the witnesses in the letby case were named?
If it’s the choice between getting key evidence Vs not having that evidence because you don’t want to make someone feel comfortable enough giving it then it’s the evidence all the way.

I agree it shouldn’t be given to just anyone & despite my moral opinions of Dr NN, I believe it was right to give him anonymity. He was seen in court by those who were there, but the restrictions in place allowed him to give his evidence which was the most important bit to allow for justice for the babies.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.