Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so lovely to hear from you @nosycowmoo - it feels surreal that it’s all over (for now) after it being a part of our lives every day for such a long time. I can’t imagine how you must feel having followed it in person! Do you think you will continue following the case in court if more charges are taken to trial?

I still can’t help but feel that a different group of 12 jurors would have found her guilty on all charges. I still feel disappointed tbh that they didn’t take on board the judges direction that if they found her guilty of some charges, they could apply that to other charges to support the likeliness of deliberate harm by the defendant.

Also, I firmly believe that there is zero chance that LL had an idyllic perfect childhood. She has been damaged in some way by her upbringing even if that’s not your typical physical or sexual abuse. Children raised by emotionally healthy parents with love and boundaries do not murder multiple babies that’s for sure.
Absolutely I’ll be there if / when there’s more charges/ re-trial!
Looking at the graph if Cheshire West and COCH were the same wouldn't the data be the same. The yellow bar shows less deaths, than the grey, in 2015 and 2016, because its deaths per 1000 babies, and more babies are included which brings the death rate down.
I don’t know much about all this but there’s only been one death at coch since LL left

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I'm so sorry you had to grow up with that Tofino 🩷 I have been no contact for nearly 5 years now, best decision I ever made.

I suspected when I read the texts as well about the suffocation but hearing about the wail in court gave me serious flashbacks and I suppose in my head it confirmed it for me. I know we don't know for sure, but Narcs seldom get a diagnosis and I think with our real life experience we are probably pretty spot on!

I really do think it was just a perfect storm, so many children experience this kind of abuse and if anything they go on the be the most soft/kind hearted people as a result but there is always that anomaly and a person predisposed to cruelty will just have that cruel nature amplified by this treatment.

Sadly I think you are so right about the experts who think we are about to experience and epidemic of CEN abuse. Just look at all these "influencers" who use their children as content and mini sales reps!?
Not got anything to add but I can really relate to yours @Tofino’s posts about narc mother. I’m NC with mine. Sending love because it’s absolutely shite ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would argue that the evidence wasn’t “just” circumstantial. There was definitive evidence that babies had been poisoned with insulin, injected with air, and force fed/physically harmed. That was corroborated by experts and the defence couldn’t argue against most of that.
So we know that there was a baby harmer/murderer on that ward.
Coupled with LL present for all incidents, having numerous documents relating to the children and others in her home, and concerns raised about her presence and behaviour by other Drs, it’s pretty evident she was the only medical professional with access and means to have done it. Yes she wasn’t caught in the act (although possible nearly!) but the evidence given we know babies were murdered was pretty strong.
Yes! This 100%. She wants convicted just on coincidences. The evidence is pretty strong that those poor little people were intentionally harmed, all at times when LL had access and some where she waited for other nurses or the parents left the room. She is a sick individual! Like many serial killers I think she was losing control towards the end. I wish she had been stopped earlier. Heads should roll in management!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Absolutely I’ll be there if / when there’s more charges/ re-trial!

I don’t know much about all this but there’s only been one death at coch since LL left
Oh yes nosy!!! I will take a ride down also… see how real prison life (not remand) is affecting the murderous witch!!! Not that I’m expecting she can/will recall much else … conveniently… or she will give any parents any truth 😢 xx

these Lucy is a scapegoat folk should actually attend … see for own eyes… they delusional thinking poor Lucy is this heart broken lovely woman … far from it !!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you again ladies for your insight, and for writing out what I've been thinking about Lucy's childhood. I've thought it strange that the press have confidently saying she had a good childhood, as how do any of us know?

Abusive relationships are complicated and perhaps Lucy herself wasn't fully aware of her mothers impact on her. I have no doubt she will over time but these types of abuse are not always obvious. There isn't another person to tell us the truth of her childhood, we only have LL version, and her parents and no one has said anything. We can deduce things from her mothers behaviour and the fact that Lucy felt stifled. All of this can have an impact, she seems childlike to me in many ways, and she will have wanted to please her ever so proud parents, but she was also clearly fucked in the head to do the things she has done, it is almost impossible to imagine someone actually doing these things.

• Heart
Looking at the graph if Cheshire West and COCH were the same wouldn't the data be the same. The yellow bar shows less deaths, than the grey, in 2015 and 2016, because its deaths per 1000 babies, and more babies are included which brings the death rate down.
Right so I've had more time to analyse where the science on trial guy is going with this chart. He is making the assumption that all pregnant women only go to the maternity hospital in their area, this is very wrong, they can chose where they go and there are a lot of out of area births. He is then not only assuming that all west Cheshire babies are born at COCH but all neonatal deaths occur after the babies have been transferred to other units. However not all neonatal deaths involve NICU, some are cot deaths, late miscarriages and terminations where the baby has taken a breath.
While the increase in deaths was shocking for a small unit if you place those statistics in a bigger enough pool it may not look significant.

Right so I've had more time to analyse where the science on trial guy is going with this chart. He is making the assumption that all pregnant women only go to the maternity hospital in their area, this is very wrong, they can chose where they go and there are a lot of out of area births. He is then not only assuming that all west Cheshire babies are born at COCH but all neonatal deaths occur after the babies have been transferred to other units. However not all neonatal deaths involve NICU, some are cot deaths, late miscarriages and terminations where the baby has taken a breath.
While the increase in deaths was shocking for a small unit if you place those statistics in a bigger enough pool it may not look significant.
Both my babies born over half an hour away from where I live, 40 minutes actually and in different counties! Yes they’re absolutely conflating the neonate period with having had neonatal care.
So if you’re reading here still guys - you’re all idiots that should shut the hell up 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Not for the first time I ask, what the duck is wrong with those people? If this is the level of stuff they're up to, they will lose the support of the mainstream Super Science Bros pretty fast, if they haven't already. Add in conspiracism, numerology and other crank pastimes and I can't see anyone in a position of legal influence taking any of this seriously. Utter clownshow.

Reactions: 21
Thank you so much @nosycowmoo for a very detailed description of your experience in court.

Did you see LL’s reaction to any of the verdicts or her behaviour on any of the verdict days. You said she walked off, what did this look like?

Thanks for being there!
---
Also… poor Jammy doesn’t want to believe her to be a baby murderer as his child would have been a baby during the time of JC and LL’s visit to the cafe. I remember him posting on FB saying how she was into crafts and things and how she was using a different name at the time.

They probably bonded over the fact he had a baby and that those two were ex-neonatal nurses.

Reactions: 19
Yes, that makes sense

Reactions: 1
This leads to another question - when she was on bail, due to the nature of her alleged crimes (at the time), would she have been allowed around children?

Reactions: 7
Both my babies born over half an hour away from where I live, 40 minutes actually and in different counties! Yes they’re absolutely conflating the neonate period with having had neonatal care.
So if you’re reading here still guys - you’re all idiots that should shut the hell up 💕
My youngest was also born in a different county to where we live. We live on the boarder of two counties, both county hospital and out of county hospital are the same distance from us, but I chose the latter one as it is smaller. I still find it odd that she was born in one place but registered in another.

Reactions: 14
Thanks for explaining that so clearly. I thought that’s what they were doing but couldn’t get it clear in my head. They are definitely doing exactly this & imo trying to gaslight people to get more loonies followers.
---
I was going to say very similar- lots of people in areas of CW&C use Arrowe or even as far as Liverpool Women’s I’ve known people to chose. They’re being very dangerous with their biased interpretation of figures without understanding the basis of where they are sourced from.
I think they’re just trying to gaslight everyone & hope they just accept what they say

Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen the interview with two fellas called prof Norman Fenton and dr Scott McLachlan? Two of the worst takes on this case I’ve seen. They start adding deaths from other wards to defend Lucy and they’re both really into the plumbing (which caused pathogens apparently) 😂 more blokes who haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about. the lack of comprehension skills amongst the male population is mental,

• Haha
Wow. You know your cause is a load of old nonsense when disgraced antivax nurse, Kate Shemirani starts promoting it 🤦‍♀️
2E89CB70-17B3-4909-9C18-9505CB879CC8.jpeg

Has anyone seen the interview with two fellas called prof Norman Fenton and dr Scott McLachlan? Two of the worst takes on this case I’ve seen. They start adding deaths from other wards to defend Lucy and they’re both really into the plumbing (which caused pathogens apparently) 😂 more blokes who haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about. the lack of comprehension skills amongst the male population is mental,
Norman Fenton is actually currently a lecturer at QMUL, which is ridiculous tbh. He has a large following on social media and constantly tweets out the most extreme conspiracy theories. Like, the stuff he believes is really quite ‘out there’ and I think it’s a pretty bad look for a Russell group uni to be employing someone like that…

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It’s okay, there’s an “army of trolls marauding the internet endeavouring to silence Lucy’s supporters.” 🧌 💪🏻

• Haha
Myra Hindley adored her dog but the police put it down as they knew it would upset her. If her cats are rehomed I hope they are not treated badly as it's not their fault they belonged to her. But some people are so nasty but there is no need to sink to Letbys 'level with her cats.
Good grief could they not have rehomed it and lied?
---
The police did not put Hindley's dog down. They had put it under anaesthetic in order to determine its true age and the dog died. It was common in the early to mid 60s even for adult humans to die under anaesthesia as the main chemical used was chloroform and they had no accurate oxygen saturation monitoring tools. Often right through the 60s babies and children would be operated on without anaesthetic as they were so prone to dying when it was administered. A friend of mine born in 1958 was almost four when his tonsils were taken out in Italy with no anaesthetic.

Well that’s a little better but still sad - why would they need to know how old it was?

Reactions: 3
Also, I firmly believe that there is zero chance that LL had an idyllic perfect childhood. She has been damaged in some way by her upbringing even if that’s not your typical physical or sexual abuse. Children raised by emotionally healthy parents with love and boundaries do not murder multiple babies that’s for sure.
I think it vastly depends on the person. There are perfectly great individuals out there that had much worse childhoods than LL seems to have had. Foster homes, drug-dependant parents, beatings... yet they come out on top despite the adversity as great contributing members of society.

Equally, there are known rich kids with perfectly good childhoods (as far as we are aware) that decide to go on a killing spree and murder parents and family members for money. A strong motive may outweight any idealistic upbringing.

LL's mum doesn't seem to be as bad as to have the capability to turn someone into a murderer, but it may have been a contributing factor if LL has some sort of pathology or mental health disorder. A case of both nature + nurture, I believe.

Most people I know are hard from perfect parents yet they dont end up with murderous children :)

Reactions: 11
Good grief could they not have rehomed it and lied?
---

Well that’s a little better but still sad - why would they need to know how old it was?
Because the dog was present in photos Ian Brady took of Hindley by the grave sites of their victims on the Moors. It was to establish when they were taken and how long/when the victims would have been buried there I think.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.