Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mum is a nurse and trained in London during the 1970s. As did all of my aunts and grand-aunts. They're training was like something akin to the army and at that time there were no nursing assistants per se, these hardworking nurses did everything, they're medical training was second to none and they worked hard.

What struck me about LL (besides from being a thunderous, cruel murderous witch) was the amount of time she spent on her phone while supposed to be looking after HIGHLY DEPENDENT babies. It was brought up time and again at trial and gave examples of she was claiming to feed babies (a two-handed job) while sending incessant Whatsapp messages throughout her shift. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is a thing? I'm not being anti-nurse here, for the most part they are kind and their decision to pursue a nursing career is vocational, but is this what nursing care is like these days? I'm curious because for my Mum's generation you'd have been kicked out for not being fully engaged throughout your shift.
The only time I am on my phone during a shift is when being called by my coordinator. I honestly get home after a long day and feel like the morning was three days ago, my chin has developed stubble (menopause 😩) and my children have aged. I literally speak to no one. When I’m a nurse, I’m a nurse and I cannot be there for anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Last thread here - https://tattle.life/threads/lucy-letby-case-66-guilty.41209/

There is an extensive wiki (top right pink button also link here https://tattle.life/wiki/lucy-letby-case/ ) collating 10 months worth of trial reports organised into sections. Often the answers to your questions can be found here, so please use as much as you can otherwise the threads fill up very quickly with the same questions being asked. Thank you!
I know others have said it but that Wiki is incredible, the time and detail you have put into that is unreal. I found it really difficult to keep up with the thread while the trial was going on and there were so many pages to read I'd never had got there.

I will be starting at the beginning of the Wiki because I don't know any other place that has got all of this information in one place in such detail, and both sides of the argument from the defence and prosecution, rather than one side or the other.

It deserves reading and I know my Mum and Aunt have also tried following what's happened and I'll be pointing them in this direction too

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into this ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The only time I am on my phone during a shift is when being called by my coordinator. I honestly get home after a long day and feel like the morning was three days ago, my chin has developed stubble (menopause 😩) and my children have aged. I literally speak to no one. When I’m a nurse, I’m a nurse and I cannot be there for anyone else.
I don't want to sound in any way patronising but bless you. And bless all kind and compassionate people who work in the NHS who care so very much.

It makes me emotional to think of the trauma she left behind for her colleagues. All those nurses and doctors going into work day in an day out, working cruel hours in highly charged, under-resourced conditions yet trying to do their utmost and they find out a colleague was committing mass murder. It's unthinkable really 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just dropping in to reveal the identity of the reddit “scientist” who, along with Gill, tried to influence the jury during the case has now been reported by the media:

And also to show you how she was found to have battered her husband by a Californian court and judged legally incompetent.

2323AE33-1ABD-4417-96C3-61CF37D5DFD6.jpeg

59FA68AB-5957-445D-8F9C-EA3CF79CC28A.jpeg

I’ve been sat on this for so long, but here it is.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I don't want to sound in any way patronising but bless you. And bless all kind and compassionate people who work in the NHS who care so very much.

It makes me emotional to think of the trauma she left behind for her colleagues. All those nurses and doctors going into work day in an day out, working cruel hours in highly charged, under-resourced conditions yet trying to do their utmost and they find out a colleague was committing mass murder. It's unthinkable really 💔
Thank you ♥ the day of the guilty verdict someone announced it to the team and everyone went quiet. We didn’t even work with her and all have felt affected by her crimes, just like any decent human beings but as nurses, we feel so revulsed and angry that she wore the uniform.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I know others have said it but that Wiki is incredible, the time and detail you have put into that is unreal. I found it really difficult to keep up with the thread while the trial was going on and there were so many pages to read I'd never had got there.

I will be starting at the beginning of the Wiki because I don't know any other place that has got all of this information in one place in such detail, and both sides of the argument from the defence and prosecution, rather than one side or the other.

It deserves reading and I know my Mum and Aunt have also tried following what's happened and I'll be pointing them in this direction too

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into this ♥
ahhh thank you it means a lot to hear people have found it so useful.

I said from the start I would keep it strictly what’s reported from the trial so it wouldn’t be biased (esp as I was leaning guilty). Also I was concerned about contempt of court.

Funnily enough I remember early on some posters insistent that the CQC report be added to the wiki and I refused, saying I would only add it once (and if) Ben used it in his defence as evidence. Which he didn’t 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just dropping in to reveal the identity of the reddit “scientist” who, along with Gill, tried to influence the jury during the case has now been reported by the media:

And also to show you how she was found to have battered her husband by a Californian court and judged legally incompetent.

View attachment 2399997
View attachment 2400000

Let’s hope this comes out properly in the UK media.

Absolutely horrendous for the parents to be stressing she’ll get chance to appeal

• Sad
Reactions: 17

View attachment 2399997
View attachment 2400000
Oh Wow! So were you involved in identifying her? Has she responded to the article yet?

Even without the case regarding her husband, she does not sound very credible. (Not surprised but good to have confirmation).

The campaign makes me anxious though, not that I think any appeal would be successful but just stirring up the mob who thinks she’s innocent.

Ms Adams describes herself as “a scientist with rare expertise in rare paediatric diseases”.

However, although she has a PhD in Biochemistry from Cambridge University, according to her online LinkedIn profile, she appears not to have worked as a scientist subsequently.

She runs a consultancy called Railroad Children which works with under-18-year-olds who have rare diseases and their families to identify novel treatments.

Meanwhile, according to the PubMed database of biomedical research, Ms Adams appears only ever to have contributed to two published pieces of research, the last in 2013 related to autism.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

View attachment 2399997
View attachment 2400000
Omg r/sciencelucyletby is gonna implode lol 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In a way I think those little concessions make it look even worse, because those things are going to be the only highlight of their life, ever. One secondhand leisure suit shop, a library book, little else.
There’s a bit in a book about Shipman that describes how when he was moved to Wakefield and refused to comply with the more robust regime so lost a lot of his privileges, how bleak his life became and how hard he found it when all of his little pleasures (such as his radio, his own clothes, being able to talk to other prisoners) but most of all his narc supply was removed. Obv I had no sympathy for him!

I think this is what beige lucifer may find the hardest; having to follow loads of pointless rules, visits limited, no narc supply because she’ll be at the bottom of the pecking order.

Reactions: 24
My first house was a 2-Up-2-Down which backed on to a cemetery. It was all I could afford as my first footstep on the housing ladder. I'm not saying this to deny LL any guilt, but just to say please don't assume that anyone who lives next to a cemetery is a murderer!
Me too. Dead quiet neighbours and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

View attachment 2399997
View attachment 2400000
I actually love you for this 💕🥰 crooks and cranks the lot of them. Anyone hanging on these charlatans’ bilious drivel is quite simply, a bleeping idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.