Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been answered before but just curious, as there was no verdict on some of the attempted murders could she apply for a retrial on these and also due to the extensive media coverage on the trial over 10 months, could this be grounds for a retrial in an attempt to get a lighter sentence? Not clued up on a lot of the law/sentencing/court stuff but did see a few lawyer tiktoks that this might be the case?

Well they don't know anything about suspects do they before they arrest and search homes? That's the point of making an arrest and getting a search warrant. They knew she was a note maker after they searched her house. They say in the Op. Hummingbird documentary that they didn't expect to find so much paper evidence at her home.
Agreed.

But DCI Woods also states that they were worried that she might stop making notes and jottings.

Though I do find it slightly puzzling that in court, she always accepted the most incriminating interpretation of what she had written - some of which is ambiguous - and some of which reads like an attempt at something one might leave when shuffling off this mortal coil at one's own hand - which is a good thing, as it is about the best we'll get by way of confession at present.
And somewhat spikes the guns of those claiming there is no evidence.

Sorry if this has been answered before but just curious, as there was no verdict on some of the attempted murders could she apply for a retrial on these and also due to the extensive media coverage on the trial over 10 months, could this be grounds for a retrial in an attempt to get a lighter sentence? Not clued up on a lot of the law/sentencing/court stuff but did see a few lawyer tiktoks that this might be the case?
No is the short answer!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else seen this? Looks like there’s even more to Ian Harvey’s action than meets the eye, he even fobbed the parents off. Doesn’t surprise me one bit, that’s what these people always do. The inquiry NEEDS to be statutory.

6AAAF107-0087-4FF0-9E5B-F7CE868D6EB9.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
First. Pretty sure that’s the pics of the tent they put up. Sorry but again when she’s described as so ordinary and not a creepy serial killer… living right next to the baby cemetery fits the bill for creepy serial killer pretty well imo 🫠
Exactly as I said before. What kind of single 25 year old women choses to buy a house that backs onto a cemetery. Immediately a red flag. Also the dig being on the first arrest imo means they can’t have simply missed the notes on the first search. I wonder if her parents have a business premise where she could store things

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The more time goes on, the more the whole notes things frustrate me, because they were literally such an inconsequential piece of information that actually had barely any baring on the case. There was no medical evidence on the post-its, no proper confession, just some random ramblings, that in the end I don't think the jury even considered because they had no reference to the babies.

The notes are a smoking gun, and I wish people would see this.
Hard agree.

Who the duck writes “I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough to care for them”? Definitely not an innocent person anyway.

It’s a confession note, there’s no two ways about it. It’s the smoking gun. It was a total golden nugget for the police to find.

The other thing that gets me is people who say ‘but no one saw her’. How many murders are actually witnessed? Very few. Some people are convicted even without a body.

Reactions: 21
No is the short answer!
thank you! Glad to hear that

Reactions: 2
Exactly as I said before. What kind of single 25 year old women choses to buy a house that backs onto a cemetery. Immediately a red flag. Also the dig being on the first arrest imo means they can’t have simply missed the notes on the first search. I wonder if her parents have a business premise where she could store things
THE TYPE WHO PROBABLY DRESSES HER CATS IN KITTEN HEELS

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Some people seem to think that the fact that she wore kitten heels with socks is a sure sign of a "weirdo" and can obviously lead to murder her clothes have been discussed quite a bit along with her psycho eyes etc etc and the fact that she loves her cats all irrelevant to her murderous behaviour.
Do you actually think anyone here thinks she’s a murderer purely because of her tit fashion sense and her cats?! It was a JOKE to poke fun at the evil demon herself and no-one else. We don’t care if YOU have bad taste in footwear because you haven’t been killing babies. Please learn to take a joke.

• Heart
  • Haha
I wonder if she will ever agree to any sort of recorded public interview, i wish now she is guilty and has no chance of ever coming out of jail she would just admit it and give a reason why, as someone with zero involvement in this it is so difficult to understand why, i cant imagine how the parents of the babies / colleagues of hers and investigators feel having absolutely no definitive reason on why she did this

Reactions: 5
They didn't want her to break bail to re-question her. They wanted to be very careful on the amount of times they brought her in. They also needed to keep momentum. They wanted to fill in the details that mattered, because they didn't want Lucy to stop talking.
True.

Though I did find myself wondering why, when they went to arrest her the second time at her parents house, were they nervous that she wouldn't be there?

Reactions: 1
I think some of the newcomers don’t get the jokes we’ve made along the way. There were many days over the past 10 months where we went with very little reporting to follow. So of course you naturally get chatty and try to lighten the mood because it’s a tough subject and there have been tensions over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
True.

Though I did find myself wondering why, when they went to arrest her the second time at her parents house, were they nervous that she wouldn't be there?
Because if they’d have gone round there and she wasn’t there, her mum and dad could’ve easily phoned her and said the police have been again. She could’ve done anything

Reactions: 13
I wonder if she will ever agree to any sort of recorded public interview, i wish now she is guilty and has no chance of ever coming out of jail she would just admit it and give a reason why, as someone with zero involvement in this it is so difficult to understand why, i cant imagine how the parents of the babies / colleagues of hers and investigators feel having absolutely no definitive reason on why she did this
I don't think she should ever be given the opportunity for a public interview.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Some people seem to think that the fact that she wore kitten heels with socks is a sure sign of a "weirdo" and can obviously lead to murder her clothes have been discussed quite a bit along with her psycho eyes etc etc and the fact that she loves her cats all irrelevant to her murderous behaviour.
If you start from around thread 2 you'll see a correlation with weekend posts and people dissecting Lucy's crime against fashion.
It was a bit of humour that stopped the fighting in the early days and on days where there were no reports from the court.

Literally no one genuinely believes that.

• Heart
Who the duck writes “I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough to care for them”? Definitely not an innocent person anyway.

It’s a confession note, there’s no two ways about it. It’s the smoking gun. It was a total golden nugget for the police to find.
It's a weird thing for a psychopath/sadist to write, and I do believe that is what she is. All the theories about wanting to be the centre of attention, narcissism, Munchausen, Dr NoName etc may have played a secondary role... but to me the main cause is that she is the typical serial killer: a psychopathic sadist who got off on the power she felt ending a human life. The trophies, the Facebook searches, the time she was standing over a dying baby without calling for attention watching them die..., even the way she made the doctors squirm in the mediation meeting, all that is consistent with a psychopathic sadist and less so with the other theories.

So I find the stuff she wrote in the notes quite odd, since some it even seems to indicate remorse. Which we know 100% she didn't and doesn't feel. My best guess is that these notes were ideas of what to say to the hospital bosses when describing how the wicked bullying doctors' accusations make her feel, the distress they've put her through, how they've made her doubt herself and her sanity. We know she must have laid it on thick for the hospital, because they were falling over themselves to make things up to her with those offers of master courses, the forced apology letters from the doctors, etc.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.