Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a feeling this will be mentioned again in the future.

They also searched her desk at her work, because wasn't some of the notes found there? Or am I dreaming it.
They did and found a number of " notes " from memory😳

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Whe murdered SEVEN babies and tried to kill SIX more plus the ones that no verdict was reached on. Of course a whole of life would have been given whether she admitted it or not.
I think if she had plead guilty, the defence would have approached the case very differently and gone down a mental health route though, or tried to at least.

Reactions: 5
I know it's the law and it's fair, but it's so sad to think there are people out there who won't get the same justice or compensation because they might not get the chance to go to trial.
I totally agree, particularly in this case with the attempted murders. It won't make a difference to Letby's sentence but it could make a significant difference to the children.

Reactions: 8
You could equally ask how they knew that she would write things and make notes.

Maybe they profiled her, and calculated that she would break the bail conditions which would offer them the opportunity to rearrest her and question her further.
They didn't want her to break bail to re-question her. They wanted to be very careful on the amount of times they brought her in. They also needed to keep momentum. They wanted to fill in the details that mattered, because they didn't want Lucy to stop talking.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just can't believe she was keeping them there and no one ever glanced over 🤨
My head can't cope with it...I go from thinking, downright arrogance that she thought she's invincible, to wanting to be caught.....I'm erring towards the former, given her behaviour on the stand and since...the bleeping monster😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I have a feeling this will be mentioned again in the future.

They also searched her desk at her work, because wasn't some of the notes found there? Or am I dreaming it.
Ya I think the a4 page which had the song lyrics written over and over again and the Dr name was found at her work desk.

Reactions: 6
I wasn't suggesting anything.
Just exploring my theory that she was trying to set him up.

As for the six handover sheets, I was under the impression that they were found during the second search in a black bag in the garage with the Killing Me Softly note.
Which is why Crime Scene 2 Court is speculating as to how they got there, and whether she had a lockup/security box/some other place where she had stashed them - as the premises had been thoroughly searched at the time of the first arrest.

Maybe the police didn't have a warrant to search the garage the first time.
Possibly because the garage doesn't belong to her, or she rented it out... or maybe there is some other reason it wasn't searched the first time.
Or perhaps the second arrest was triggered because someone was observed doing something that they weren't meant to.

Just thing aloud.

I must have got it wrong.
Mea culpa.
The police definitely did check the garage during their first search.

In the afternoon officers wearing white suits and blue gloves were seen carrying pieces of wood out of the property and digging up the back garden. Forensic teams were also seen conducting a fingertip search of the property, focusing on drains, window ledges and the front garden and garage.

Nurse arrested over Cheshire baby deaths released on bail | Lucy Letby | The Guardian

Reactions: 10
My head can't cope with it...I go from thinking, downright arrogance that she thought she's invincible, to wanting to be caught.....I'm erring towards the former, given her behaviour on the stand and since...the bleeping monster😡😡
To be fair, if I wrote a load of weird notes at my desk I’m pretty certain no one would know or would find them 🤣 I’m admin in an NHS hospital and we have lockable drawers under our desks so she probably kept them in there. Plus I’d never go through a colleagues desk or paperwork so even if she did leave them on the top of the desk in a tray or something, I doubt anyone would have looked through them. She’s a weird fucker though isn’t she

Reactions: 12
To be fair, if I wrote a load of weird notes at my desk I’m pretty certain no one would know or would find them 🤣 I’m admin in an NHS hospital and we have lockable drawers under our desks so she probably kept them in there. Plus I’d never go through a colleagues desk or paperwork so even if she did leave them on the top of the desk in a tray or something, I doubt anyone would have looked through them. She’s a weird fucker though isn’t she
Yeah I get you, I'm referring to all the notes really that she had in her diary, and all the other paperwork she " collected"....think she definitely thought she was invincible 😡

Last edited:
I follow this guy on tiktok, psychology and sociology instructor. Covers a lot of the big true crime cases in the US (and Taylor Swift / Swifties too 🤣)

Anyway he’s posted about Letby and discussing where would we put her in the category of healthcare killers. He thinks nothing in her history that would suggest ‘saviour’ type (agree) and believes there may be attention seeking from the doctor although he seems to have missed the doctor wasn’t around for the earlier cases. But I think it was still attention seeking type. Anyway the point I’m getting to is he thinks we should be looking at the serial killer Kristen Gilbert for some insight to Lucy Letby as may be the most similar motivation. Although Kristen’s was meant to be accidental as intentionally brought on medical crisis to cause emergency response so she could be there to help and possibly because the same security guard was always on shift and would attend.

@MmmB777 do you know much about Kristen? Not a name I have really heard of.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I get you, I'm referring to all the notes really that she had in her diary, and all the other paperwork she " collected"....think she definitely thought she was invisible 😡
No she absolutely thought no one would ever find out what she had done x

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I follow this guy on tiktok, psychology and sociology instructor. Covers a lot of the big true crime cases in the US (and Taylor Swift / Swifties too 🤣)

Anyway he’s posted about Letby and discussing where would we put her in the category of healthcare killers. He thinks nothing in her history that would suggest ‘saviour’ type (agree) and believes there may be attention seeking from the doctor although he seems to have missed the doctor wasn’t around for the earlier cases. But I think it was still attention seeking type. Anyway the point I’m getting to is he thinks we should be looking at the serial killer Kristen Gilbert for some insight to Lucy Letby as may be the most similar motivation. Although Kristen’s was meant to be accidental as intentionally brought on medical crisis to cause emergency response so she could be there to help and possibly because the same security guard was always on shift and would attend.

I remember reading about her during the trial. She used adrenaline. I think you’re right about them being most similar in mindset/motive.
---
From what I remember she once called in a bomb threat at the hospital to derail the investigation into what she’d been doing. 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 9
No she absolutely thought no one would ever find out what she had done x
Think I've said it every day since Friday....but..FU Letby...rot in hell, prison is too good for " it" .. unless, that is, someone manages to get their hand on " it"😡

• Heart
Do you think anybody here, that’s followed the case every day for almost a year.. actually believes that she’s guilty because of her footwear?
Some people seem to think that the fact that she wore kitten heels with socks is a sure sign of a "weirdo" and can obviously lead to murder her clothes have been discussed quite a bit along with her psycho eyes etc etc and the fact that she loves her cats all irrelevant to her murderous behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Hmm maybe some. Gilbert was intelligent in that she finished college early. She had married and had children though. She was charismatic and had a social life. She did charity work for the hospital.
The case against her was brought similarly on largely circumstantial evidence. She had also attempted to poison her husband I think, who became her ex husband. She had a very clear sexual motivation, the security guard she was having an affair with would come and attend the cardiac arrests and she would get off on them being in the situation together and the rush of it all 🤢
Yet again, she had at home a book of poisons that she had folded the corners down on of the ones she used 🥴 I think colleagues were suspicious etc too and were trying to keep track of missing drugs and things 🤔
I’ll try and find the podcast I listened to about her, it took a long while to get into as it confusingly starts with long intro that’s actually about her victim but it was interesting in the end. Thanks for thinking of me 😆🥰

• Wow
I remember reading about her during the trial. She used adrenaline. I think you’re right about them being most similar in mindset/motive.
---
From what I remember she once called in a bomb threat at the hospital to derail the investigation into what she’d been doing. 😳
Haven't heard that one before!

Reactions: 3
---
Yep she definitely did that!
Here is the podcast I listened to about her
@Tofino

• Heart
Some people seem to think that the fact that she wore kitten heels with socks is a sure sign of a "weirdo" and can obviously lead to murder her clothes have been discussed quite a bit along with her psycho eyes etc etc and the fact that she loves her cats all irrelevant to her murderous behaviour.
I think all of those things were cited as a joke for some light relief. I wouldn’t take it that seriously. I can assure you that people aren’t sprinting off to take incriminating DNA swabs of everyone wearing Matalan jumpsuits….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
As the parent of a baby, cases like this hit even harder than before I had children. Cases like this make me worry how many other evil, wicked, sadistic, heartless bastards are currently at large.
Those sweet sweets babies and their families 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.